Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erchamion View Post
    wasn't the poketransfer free... but you have to pay for the bank so it is free to transfer your pokemon with the gen 5 game with the transfer but you need the pokemon bank anyways to acess the pokemon you just transfered with your gen 6 so it is still not free to transfer pokemon or what? I'm confused...
    but I will definetly pay for it if it's not free... must complete pokedex...
    The transferring is free, but it transfers not from game to game but from Gen V to Bank, which in turn can be put into Gen VI, thus making the Bank still required. That's my understanding of it, anyway.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erchamion View Post
    Hey I'm not complaining just wondering how it all works since I've seen it mentioned that you only pay for the storage not the transfer
    definately worth it either way so XD
    Actually, I think PokéTransporter comes with Pokémon Bank, so you'd pretty much need the $5 for both features.

    I wonder what the initial price of it will be, like when you buy it off the eShop for the first time.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Can't believe they've been working on this for 5 years! Hopefully all they're hard work pays off. They've been working on it through the entirety of Generation V and most of Generation IV.
    I can't believe it as well. From a practical standpoint that is.. Did they foresee the DS/3DS-connectivity issues FIVE years ago??? When the 3DS only started development FOUR years ago? Sometimes these guys make me laugh with their impossible hyping..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    3,008

    Default

    I am particularly interested in these:
    1-Will this service get some sort of update, seeing how both My Pokémon Ranch and Dream World both were updated with the release of the new games, Platinum and Black 2/White 2 respectively, even though MPR was developed by a different company? The answer for future generations is obviously "duh" and obviously there will be updates for generational forme changes, but I'm strictly talking about storage and stats(such as the stats for side-quests).
    2-Will this effectively ensure permanent storage for all future titles? Iwata and Ishihara pretty much outright stated as such, but will this affect the previous consoles or will they exclude consoles of the previous generations(as they have disabled Gen IV titles' and DS's connectivity)?

    Either way, I find this to be quite revolutionary, but I imagine it would be more revolutionary if we could use this as a pseudo-GTS, from trading to displaying Pokémon(and if possible, exploiting a cloning glitch during the transfer between Pokémon Bank and the games), which would help to decrease or eliminate the amount of impossible requests clogging GTS.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erchamion View Post
    wasn't the poketransfer free... but you have to pay for the bank so it is free to transfer your pokemon with the gen 5 game with the transfer but you need the pokemon bank anyways to acess the pokemon you just transfered with your gen 6 so it is still not free to transfer pokemon or what? I'm confused...
    but I will definetly pay for it if it's not free... must complete pokedex...
    It's free to transfer your Pokemon yes, but the Poke transfer only works from Pokemon Bank. It's only $5 a year which saves you so much money instead of having to buy another 3DS.
    Just some quick math a 2DS costs $130
    130 / 5= 26
    That means it'll take 26 years of annual fee in order for it to cost as much as a 2DS, and 32 for a 3DS, and 40 for an XL.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

    3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I can't believe it as well. From a practical standpoint that is.. Did they foresee the DS/3DS-connectivity issues FIVE years ago??? When the 3DS only started development FOUR years ago? Sometimes these guys make me laugh with their impossible hyping..
    I thought they were talking about having wanted a cloud-based service for over five years, not that they foresaw this issue. It would still be a nice idea even if transferring were otherwise possible.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    It's free to transfer your Pokemon yes, but the Poke transfer only works from Pokemon Bank. It's only $5 a year which saves you so much money instead of having to buy another 3DS.
    Just some quick math a 2DS costs $130
    130 / 5= 26
    That means it'll take 26 years of annual fee in order for it to cost as much as a 2DS, and 32 for a 3DS, and 40 for an XL.
    yeah but I'd just use my brothers 3ds when I needed to transfer so it would cost me nothing if that were the case XD still as said 5$ a year is still incredibly cheap
    Friend code black 2: 3955 4982 9868
    Nintendo FC: 1805-3205-0820
    my Friend Safari contains Sawsbuck, Sunkern and Maractus

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    is it still possible to transfer pokemon without using the bank? like in previous gens using a game to transport them?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63

    Default

    My issue is not the price itself, but rather the "hacked" aspect of it.

    Being a college student and all, I barely have enough time to optimize all of my Pokemon quickly and efficiently. I use these devices only after I beat the game (using legal hacks such as modifiers, IVs, etc., no illegal crap), never to beat, so that I can play to my heart's content, bonding with my Pokemon.

    If what is being said is true, then I will really miss the Pokemon that have helped me win in friendlies with some of my friends on other sites (Smogon, etc.). Is there any other way?
    Last edited by SapphSabre777; 4th September 2013 at 4:20 PM. Reason: missing details

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf18 View Post
    is it still possible to transfer pokemon without using the bank? like in previous gens using a game to transport them?
    If you mean still possible to transfer up to Gen V, then sure, knock yourself out. From Gen V to Gen VI without Bank, though? Doesn't look like it.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    Someone brought up the idea of a paid service being used to allow transferring before, and I honestly couldn't see that happening. I'm very surprised that this actually happened, though I'm not sure if I mean that in a good or bad way.

    It definitely shows that GF has been looking into more efficient methods of transfer, and I do like how they describe the actual transferring. No more annoying mini-game, but the $5 yearly fee is a different thing. I don't exactly mind that it's $5, because that's ridiculously cheap, but getting exactly that much money for my eShop funds is going to be annoying. I will probably end up using it for more than just the free trial, because of my shiny hunting exploits. But I'm going to abuse that free trial as much as possible so that I can finish the National Dex.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia



  12. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    If you mean still possible to transfer up to Gen V, then sure, knock yourself out. From Gen V to Gen VI without Bank, though? Doesn't look like it.
    that would be horrible for people that dont want the bank, to be forced into using it or it would mean the loss of all your previous pokemon :S i would prefer the old way and just have more storages in the game itself!

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf18 View Post
    that would be horrible for people that dont want the bank, to be forced into using it or it would mean the loss of all your previous pokemon :S i would prefer the old way and just have more storages in the game itself!
    Eh, at worst I'd call it a necessary evil. Before now there were people who lost those Pokemon because they either had nobody to trade with or didn't have/couldn't afford a second system to trade with. The only difference is that the people being inconvenienced now are the ones who were prepared before.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cardiff,UK
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SapphSabre777 View Post
    My issue is not the price itself, but rather the "hacked" aspect of it.

    Being a college student and all, I barely have enough time to optimize all of my Pokemon quickly and efficiently. I use these devices only after I beat the game (using legal hacks such as modifiers, IVs, etc., no illegal crap), never to beat, so that I can play to my heart's content, bonding with my Pokemon.

    If what is being said is true, then I will really miss the Pokemon that have helped me win in friendlies with some of my friends on other sites (Smogon, etc.). Is there any other way?
    You and me are kindred spirits it seems
    3DS Friend Code: 3196-3511-1551 Friend Safari:


    Omega Ruby Team:


    Alpha Saphire Team:

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    If you mean still possible to transfer up to Gen V, then sure, knock yourself out. From Gen V to Gen VI without Bank, though? Doesn't look like it.
    No way to tell for sure if we will have alternatives or not, but if we don't, we'd have to wait until the end of December just to transfer from Gen V.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the Hoenn coastlinei on Lapras
    Posts
    1,855

    Default

    To Me the Pokemon Bank is a good idea. Did I wish it cost nothing sure but $5.00 isn't too bad especially since its only once a year. Like with me I have Pokemon I caught for Pokedex reasons and then onces I might starting using for battles. With this I can all Pokemon just for collection sake and then have ones that I have bred and trained for Wifi Battles. And Shinies too. I could use the 3000 Capacity really easy.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

    Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeargle1987 View Post
    You and me are kindred spirits it seems
    That is good that there are others. I do agree that completely illegal Pokemon should be filtered out, but completely legal ones in terms of stats and such? I'd prefer not. At least make legal "hacks" unusable in competitions, but usable in-game (that's all I really care about anyways). It really creates uncertainty for those kinds of players that don't have enough time to show off the fearsome, yet loved companions. Not all hackers treat their Pokemon like trash. I really love my Pokemon (if this holds up, I will miss you dearly, Empoleon...my faithful partner).

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    302

    Default

    The Pokemon Bank and Transporter sound like good idea. The free trial will sure be enough for transferring Pokemon...

    3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

        Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cardiff,UK
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SapphSabre777 View Post
    That is good that there are others. I do agree that completely illegal Pokemon should be filtered out, but completely legal ones in terms of stats and such? I'd prefer not. At least make legal "hacks" unusable in competitions, but usable in-game (that's all I really care about anyways). It really creates uncertainty for those kinds of players that don't have enough time to show off the fearsome, yet loved companions. Not all hackers treat their Pokemon like trash. I really love my Pokemon (if this holds up, I will miss you dearly, Empoleon...my faithful partner).
    Totally dude
    3DS Friend Code: 3196-3511-1551 Friend Safari:


    Omega Ruby Team:


    Alpha Saphire Team:

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Charizardland and Asgard
    Posts
    4,361

    Default

    I'm so glad they found a way to let us transfer old Pokemon into our games, and the fee isn't so bad lets hope little kids parents dont complain :P.

    And those hackers better not find a way to get through it.... hopefully

    Hopefully there is like a month of a free trial. I'm not really planning on bringing much Pokemon over to my Y, just all Pokemon I have breeded from my teams of White 2 and the event legendaries we are having currently.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

  21. #71

    Default

    I don't think Poke Transporter is something you pay for. It is linked to Poke Bank, yes, but due to the communication issues that GF presented during E3 between DS/DSi and 3DS, this was the alternative for transferring. I do believe the system will be able to tell the difference by some means to determine between a transfer and general cloud storage, hence even though the apps are related, they are still separate entities. The Poke Transporter has to access the Bank for the transfer, yes, but that is for lack of direct communication with the 3DS otherwise. Also, this will be helpful to those with only one system.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the Hoenn coastlinei on Lapras
    Posts
    1,855

    Default

    Does anyone know when the Pokebank and transfer app are going to be released. Somewhere it said Japan in December. Do other countries get it then too or are we going to have to wait this time around.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

    Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    Does anyone know when the Pokebank and transfer app are going to be released. Somewhere it said Japan in December. Do other countries get it then too or are we going to have to wait this time around.
    No word on other countries to the best of my knowledge, but it wouldn't surprise me if they go simultaneous with this as well. They might not, though.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    Does anyone know when the Pokebank and transfer app are going to be released. Somewhere it said Japan in December. Do other countries get it then too or are we going to have to wait this time around.
    December 25 for Japan & December 27 for Europe. No word on a North American release date. Japan is getting a free trial until January 31, though no word if other countries get this. (If we did, there'd be no point in complaining because it shouldn't take a month to transfer all the Pokémon you want from BW & B2W2 to XY).

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    Does anyone know when the Pokebank and transfer app are going to be released. Somewhere it said Japan in December. Do other countries get it then too or are we going to have to wait this time around.
    They said that there was going to be a free trial until it was released and such.

Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •