Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

I'm actually not completely sure if I'm going to use it or not.

I may use the free trial to transfer some of my Pokemon. But truth be told, I kind of want to keep a lot of my teams with their respective trainers.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Hopefully transferring without PokeBank (if you can) will not cost anything..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiëstik View Post
    So what? That has nothing to do with it. Just another ridiculous post.
    How does that have nothing to do with it? Before now there were people who couldn't afford a second system and thus couldn't transfer at all, who will now be able to do so like everybody else for a negligible price. Yeah being made to pay for something that was free (provided you had a second system or somebody to trade with) sucks, but it's just a shifting of who is getting the short end of the stick. Plus the extra storage and the promise of future compatibility, if either matter to you (the latter does to me, less so the former).
    Last edited by Akashin; 4th September 2013 at 5:44 PM. Reason: Extra storage, not free storage

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I'm actually not completely sure if I'm going to use it or not.

I may use the free trial to transfer some of my Pokemon. But truth be told, I kind of want to keep a lot of my teams with their respective trainers.
    I like to keep some of them with their orginal trainer too but, I wanna see them all in 3D

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Monster guy:
    Wow! I will do the same too, thank you for making it easier for me, I find it redicilious to pay just to transfer my pokemon when we used to do that for free.
    Still cheaper and better than having to by another console.

Why are people determined to stay in the past for as long as possible. GF didn't have to even provide this service.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

I'm so glad these features are going to be implemented, but I would have preferred it if they were part of the game or made available for free (perhaps not the storage system, but certainly the transfer capabilities). The price is extremely acceptable and understandable, especially as it's a yearly fee, but I still feel it should be provided with the game. The situation could be much worse, so I'm not going to really complain. It's not that big of a deal and I don't even know if I'll bother to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I really hope that the existence of pokemon bank doesn't mean that there isn't much storage space ingame.
    Game Freak has always given us plenty of store space for all the Pokemon in the National Dex adding on a couple boxes to boot. Currently in B2/W2 there's 24 boxes in the PC take that times 30 and you got room for 720 Pokemon.
    I'm sure with X and Y depending upon how many Pokemon their adding they'll give us plenty fill up the entire National Dex, and then give us another two on top of that. They wouldn't force people into using the Pokemon Bank but plenty of players will undoubtedly use it. I know I will cause I keep running out of room in the PC when I'm breeding, I have to spend some time releasing Pokemon just to free up space XD
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Koh View Post
    Nothing lasts forever. The moment X and Y become outdated, there's only a couple of years left on those servers before they're shut down or wiped for the new games. Everyone's data will be lost. Pretty **** move if you ask me.
    The moment X and Y will be out dated Pokemon Bank will just get updated...

There are still sites dedicated to old DS games up. It's going nowhere xD

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Transferring takes the Pokémon from the Gen V games and puts them in a Pokémon Bank box

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Transferring takes the Pokémon from the Gen V games and puts them in a Pokémon Bank box
    Ah, so Pokemon Bank is required..
    Well the price is not that much, so I guess I may as well get it.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

If there is no mini-game required, I will be very happy. I always hated pal park and the Poke transfer game.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Why are people determined to stay in the past for as long as possible.
    Dont even go on the whole "old players cant except change" train...we dont need this.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    No, you will need to have pokemon bank for transfer. But it is better than not being able to transfer. We still don't know the price for the ANNUAL fee. It won't be extortionate.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I was just on Gamefaqs and there are threads about boycotting Bank lmao. It's not hard to cough up 5 bucks within a year.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    Dont even go on the whole "old players cant except change" train...we dont need this.
    'We' meaning who exactly??

First off GF did not have to do this, they didn't try anything between Gen 2 and Gen 3 so it wouldn't have been unheard of. This allows people to keep there pokemon which is what everyone wanted. This also keeps B/W/B2/W2 alive, coz I imagine now that alot of people don't want to restart their games coz they would lose lots of Pokemon. Trade them to Bank are you're good to start up again.

When you say isn't needed, is that actually the Cloud idea or just the idea that you have to pay for it???

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I was just on Gamefaqs and there are threads about boycotting Bank lmao. It's not hard to cough up 5 bucks within a year.
    I'm actually kind of excited for people being absolutely unreasonable. It will be like when the 2DS was released, but possibly even crazier and more unreasonable.

First off GF did not have to do this, they didn't try anything between Gen 2 and Gen 3 so it wouldn't have been unheard of. This allows people to keep there pokemon which is what everyone wanted. This also keeps B/W/B2/W2 alive, coz I imagine now that alot of people don't want to restart their games coz they would lose lots of Pokemon. Trade them to Bank are you're good to start up again.

When you say isn't needed, is that actually the Cloud idea or just the idea that you have to pay for it???
    I think he meant that we don't need claims of people being against this being "old players who can't except change". And I do agree, as the reasons to dislike this are valid to an extent (having to pay for what was free does suck, even if I'm perfectly fine with it for reasons I've already expressed).

Plus, we'll all be paying $40 for the game anyway, so what's five more? (And this is coming from someone who has been impoverished for just about his entire life.) 365 days to come up with five dollars. You could literally scrounge around for pennies for a day and still come up with that much.

Not to mention the fact that they're offering a trail run...
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    No kidding, it's just $5 a year. Pretty ridiculous that their complaining about having to pay for it when they go out and buy $160-$200 system plus $40 game, and then there's others that buy two systems and both games(like me, eventually anyways) which doubles the amount to around $360-$440. So really $5 a year shouldn't be such a problem for them.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Its cheap but its not worth it , just transfer your pokemon in the free trial
    I personally think it's worth it to those who trust the service's ability to keep their Pokémon safe. I personally don't have any need or want to store my Pokémon online indefinitely, but I like to replay my older games often. I'll transfer a bunch of my Pokémon up during the free trial, and then pay $5 whenever I accumulate enough Pokémon to justify transferring again. Cheap, easy, and worth the money in my eyes.

They had something similar to this during Gen 3, now that I think about it. Maybe someday when they iron out everything they'll make a permanent version of Pokémon Bank + Poké Transporter? If this is going to be a feature for all the new generations then it'd be nice to pay a flat 1 time fee (even if it's rather pricey) to have it forever.
    Last edited by Sara Hysaro; 4th September 2013 at 6:03 PM.

"we dont need this" was talking about "Dont even go on the whole "old players cant except change" train". lol You were way off.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Plus, we'll all be paying $40 for the game anyway, so what's five more? (And this is coming from someone who has been impoverished for just about his entire life.) 365 days to come up with five dollars. You could literally scrounge around for pennies for a day and still come up with that much.

Not to mention the fact that they're offering a trail run...
    Exactly, if you only want to use it the once then you can quickly upload everything and be done with it. But I imagine GF will also do some other pay offs for people who use it. Maybe download Event Pokemon straight into your Bank?

"we dont need this" was talking about "Dont even go on the whole "old players cant except change" train". lol You were way off.
    I misunderstood so sorry for that. But you still couldn't respond to what I wrote so, I'll live.

I gotta be honest, when I saw that this service costs 500 yen a year I was a little worried. That is of course, until I went to a currency converter on google lol. 500 yen is about 3.80 euro lol or about 5 dollars PER YEAR, which I am more than happy to pay to finally have a separate storage system for my pokemon!

So let me get this 100% straight... I could play my X and Y games (I'll probably get both) finish them completely, store all my important pokemon, then restart a new game without losing my pokemon? I have been looking for this feature for YEARS. I'm hoping that's how it works anyways!
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post
    I gotta be honest, when I saw that this service costs 500 yen a year I was a little worried. That is of course, until I went to a currency converter on google lol. 500 yen is about 3.80 euro lol or about 5 dollars PER YEAR, which I am more than happy to pay to finally have a separate storage system for my pokemon!

So let me get this 100% straight... I could play my X and Y games (I'll probably get both) finish them completely, store all my important pokemon, then restart a new game without losing my pokemon? I have been looking for this feature for YEARS. I'm hoping that's how it works anyways!
    That's my understanding of it. Or alternatively, start a game to get a Starter, store it, restart and repeat to get all of the Starters. Unless there's an in-game restriction on when you can start accessing the Bank, or something.

I don't think it that unreasonable to be afraid of some of the implecations of this service. Yeah it five dollars a year but I think a lot of people are more afraid of if they charge you for transfering, what else will they charge you for in the future. I think that is a somewhat reasonable concern considering some of the practices of today's industry.

Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast