Page 78 of 125 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

All I'm hoping for is an auto sort system where it sorts my pokemon into national DEX numbers, or by type etc. lots and lots of auto sort options.

Does anyone wonder if we will be able to send over the Kyurem formes?
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Does anyone wonder if we will be able to send over the Kyurem formes?
    Yea that's gonna be a problem isn't it... I don't see trading the form over since its actually 2 pokemon. Don't they have to split before u put them in storage anyway? My guess is there's probably an item somewhere in X & Y to change them but u need Kyurem first.
    3DS Friend Code: 0490-4792-3979

Quote Originally Posted by missnicolec View Post
    I don't really mind not being able to transfer items from past gens, but I am kinda annoyed I can't store items from this current gen. Since post-game is seriously lacking for me, I want to be able to store all of my Pokemon and just restart and play again, but I don't want to lose the Mega stones I traded for cause that was a pain. I can ask a friend to hold my Pokemon with those stones but it would still be a lot easier to just be able to store them and come back for them later instead of having to do that. But I'm excited for the extra storage because it means I can clear out my boxes if I want to,
    I have to agree with this concerning the items; it makes sense not being able to transfer items from earlier generations, but as for the current one...I'm not feeling it too much. XD
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I have to agree with this concerning the items; it makes sense not being able to transfer items from earlier generations, but as for the current one...I'm not feeling it too much. XD
    This is a service that is going to be continuously supported for the upcoming generations. If it makes sense not to be able to transfer items, then it makes sense not being able to store them. Since eventually that would be considered transferring as well.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

wait i think i saw that there is an item that can fuse the two pokemons... I think i saw it in serebii's pokemon x & y key items
    Friend Safari: Dragon Type ~
    Friend Code: 0018-1552-6187
    IGN: Daveo
    Pokerus ~ PM if Interested~SV~3856
    5IV Pokemon I can Breed For You:
    Froakie/Protean/Timid [RIGHTHonedge/No Guard/Brave][/RIGHT]
    Larvitar/Sassy~adamant
    Beldum/Clear Body/Adamant
    Gastly/Timid

Quote Originally Posted by davedave2x View Post
    wait i think i saw that there is an item that can fuse the two pokemons... I think i saw it in serebii's pokemon x & y key items
    What are you saying? Give Zekrom an item, Fuse it with Kyurem and transfer the B-Kyurem over? Then defuse them in XY. That would be nifty! But i don't think it's gonna let us transfer B or W-Kyurem, for this reason and also, the DNA Splicer in BW2 would lose it's function, since it would only be able to defuse.
    Pokemon X
    http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/M-322-0034-S/timeline
    3DS FC: 3239-2904-2693. Please PM me when you add me with yours. Normal: Minccino, Smeargle, Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by davedave2x View Post
    It's called the DNA Splicers. It only works with Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom. It can be obtained in Kiloude City in X/Y, but has no purpose yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bign0se View Post
    What are you saying? Give Zekrom an item, Fuse it with Kyurem and transfer the B-Kyurem over? Then defuse them in XY. That would be nifty! But i don't think it's gonna let us transfer B or W-Kyurem, for this reason and also, the DNA Splicer in BW2 would lose it's function, since it would only be able to defuse.
    That wont work.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 8th November 2013 at 9:39 PM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Sometimes items switch from Key to regular items even within the same generation. That may be part of the reasoning Items can't be stored.
    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    There is item storage. It is your bag.

As far as I know, the bag is pretty much limitless until you hit 999 of one item.

The reason Bank probably doesn't do item storage is sometimes Key Items become regular items, either within the same gen but later games, or in future gens. For example: Adamant Orb
    If Pokemon can change types between generations and transfer over correctly, why shouldn't items be able to change types and transfer over correctly?

Regardless, being able to transfer items between generations isn't necessary. We just want to be able to store gen 6 Pokemon holding items. When they make future games and have to update Pokemon Bank, they could easily program Bank to not allow a Pokemon to transfer to a new generation while holding an item.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    If Pokemon can change types between generations and transfer over correctly, why shouldn't items be able to change types and transfer over correctly?

Regardless, being able to transfer items between generations isn't necessary. We just want to be able to store gen 6 Pokemon holding items. When they make future games and have to update Pokemon Bank, they could easily program Bank to not allow a Pokemon to transfer to a new generation while holding an item.
    They could allow items, even if they've changed, to be transferred over. But that's more work for something that doesn't really matter. Items and Pokemon are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It can be obtained in Kiloude City in X/Y, but has no purpose yet.
    Very sure it can't be obtained now, I think we need to bring a Kyurem to the NPC.

And I'm very sure they won't allow us to transfer B-Kyu and W-Kyu, we'll have to separate them first.
    DNA Splicer in B2/W2 will be unusable forever if they let us transfer B-Kyu and W-Kyu.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Very sure it can't be obtained now, I think we need to bring a Kyurem to the NPC.
    That would make sense.

I keep asking myself is it possible tot sent over cloned Pokémon becouse they have type Same info and they say that there are no original (juist as twins)
    there excectly the Same pokemon so is it possible or do they check als if the data is excectly a copy of ons sent before? Could anyone awnser it to me? Im stil asking myself however i think it is possible for others to help me give An answer.

Quote Originally Posted by strategymamber View Post
    I keep asking myself is it possible tot sent over cloned Pokémon becouse they have type Same info and they say that there are no original (juist as twins)
    there excectly the Same pokemon so is it possible or do they check als if the data is excectly a copy of ons sent before? Could anyone awnser it to me? Im stil asking myself however i think it is possible for others to help me give An answer.
    We don't know, because Pokebank doesn't exist yet and no one's used it or tested the hack check.

I saw samurott in the battle mason... now I REALLY can't wait for poke transporter *____* still have to beat pokemon white though T-T
    if u put 70 % of us into a bowl it becomes the bowl, put 70 % of us into a tea pot it becomes the tea pot.. 70 % of us can flow ,, or crash be urself my friend-Hitmonlee

Friend Safari:GRASS Sunkern, Swaddloon, Quilladin
    NDS Friendcode:2852-8108-6092

Quote Originally Posted by exsces View Post
    I saw samurott in the battle mason... now I REALLY can't wait for poke transporter *____* still have to beat pokemon white though T-T
    There is no requirement that you have to be at a certain point in the game in the old gen to transfer up. You could transfer at any point in 3-4 or 4-5 as long as you had at least 6 Pokemon inside your PC. There's only been post-game requirements for the older gen receiving the Pokemon, which won't be the case with Bank and XY.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I'm not looking forward to pokebank because then all the competitive teams will have pokegen pokemon instead of hard-earned pokemon that you have bred yourself.. :/ And everyone will have shinies :P it's not gonna be the same..

I thought that this whole cloud bank and transfer things were different. I had thought that you had to pay for the bank and that you could download the transferring program for free alongside the bank, and that the transferring app would be free in continuation after the bank's 30 day trial period ended considering the fact that they said "..and the Poke transfer app comes alongside the Pokebank for free..", but it seems as thought that is not the case after reading some of these posts, which is a little disappointing. I guess it doesn't really matter though considering the price is pretty much negligible, even though I don't really see why they're charging money for it, even if they say it's for maintenance. I mean, I am completely positive that Gamefreak has loads of money, and they just make more from every Pokemon game that they make. But it is what it is, and it really isn't that big of a deal considering it's $5 a month. That's less expensive than a couple bags of Cheetos and is pretty affordable in almost everyone's case. I could ramble on about this and type an entire essay which is pretty depressing because I can barely write an essay for school, but for something like this, I might be able to write a short book, but I'm in a very uncomfortable position right now, and I am way too lazy to type much more than this. I probably went off topic and repeated myself a few times (which is what I always do when I type a lot) but hopefully it'll be fine.
    3DS FC: 4871-3342-0587

Safari Type

Spoiler:- CANNOT BE UNSEEN:

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitt View Post
    I thought that this whole cloud bank and transfer things were different. I had thought that you had to pay for the bank and that you could download the transferring program for free alongside the bank, and that the transferring app would be free in continuation after the bank's 30 day trial period ended considering the fact that they said "..and the Poke transfer app comes alongside the Pokebank for free..", but it seems as thought that is not the case after reading some of these posts, which is a little disappointing. I guess it doesn't really matter though considering the price is pretty much negligible, even though I don't really see why they're charging money for it, even if they say it's for maintenance. I mean, I am completely positive that Gamefreak has loads of money, and they just make more from every Pokemon game that they make. But it is what it is, and it really isn't that big of a deal considering it's $5 a month. That's less expensive than a couple bags of Cheetos and is pretty affordable in almost everyone's case. I could ramble on about this and type an entire essay which is pretty depressing because I can barely write an essay for school, but for something like this, I might be able to write a short book, but I'm in a very uncomfortable position right now, and I am way too lazy to type much more than this. I probably went off topic and repeated myself a few times (which is what I always do when I type a lot) but hopefully it'll be fine.
    It's not $5 a month last I checked. It's $5 a year.

It takes a lot of money to host servers and for Gamefreak to allow millions of players to store thousands of pokemon each, is a lot of space. That also said, Gamefreak also has to pay it's employees so that can feed their families. It's not like they just make the games and make out with millions, they still have expenses to pay.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

I will definitely pay for the service, because it makes the way in which I have traditionally played the games so much easier. In the past I usually purchase one version of a gen first and play through that one, and then purchase the other later to complete the dex and just get another swing at the story with a different arbitrary starter. Both of these games serve as the advance team for the third version of the gen, which I make my primary. Usually traded over my favorites or difficult ones to catch meant spending hours capturing Bidoof and whatnot in Nest Balls and then hours trading over each. With box I'll be able to get it done pretty quickly.

I completed the National Dex in Gen V. I have them sorted into Type boxes, but I also keep a box for each Gen with my favorites. My plan is to split them. One game, probably Y, is going to get the Gen Favorites and Legendaries and the other will the Type Boxes, and I'll transfer where needed. And then send them both along if and when the third game arrives. Muhahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Elena90 View Post
    I'm not looking forward to pokebank because then all the competitive teams will have pokegen pokemon instead of hard-earned pokemon that you have bred yourself.. :/ And everyone will have shinies :P it's not gonna be the same..
    Yeah, how dare people be able to bring in their Pokemon from older generations. OMG someone has some shinies! Better just ban them from Wi-Fi!!!!

I thought that this whole cloud bank and transfer things were different. I had thought that you had to pay for the bank and that you could download the transferring program for free alongside the bank, and that the transferring app would be free in continuation after the bank's 30 day trial period ended considering the fact that they said "..and the Poke transfer app comes alongside the Pokebank for free..", but it seems as thought that is not the case after reading some of these posts, which is a little disappointing.
    This "disappointment" sounds like a personal problem rather than one with Bank/Transport. They made it very clear in the FAQ that it is a dual package and that Transport comes complimentary with Bank.

If Transport was a free app released on its own, it would do you absolutely no good.

Do you know why?

Transport sends Gen 5 Pokemon to Bank.

I guess it doesn't really matter though considering the price is pretty much negligible, even though I don't really see why they're charging money for it, even if they say it's for maintenance.
    Have you bothered reading the FAQ or like anything in this thread?

I mean, I am completely positive that Gamefreak has loads of money, and they just make more from every Pokemon game that they make.
    That they have "loads of money" is an unsubstantiated claim. That you believe this "loads of money" should be used to pay for a service you use is nice, but that isn't realistic.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Not to snark or anything, but exactly how many people are going to keep asking about what's allowed/the type of legality checks will be run through the program yet?
    Until it releases somewhere in the world *mostly likely Japan first* NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING OUTSIDE WHAT'S BEEN POSTED IN THE FAQ ALREADY. o3o
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

I can't wait for pokébank, finished getting a living pokédex in my white 2 so I'll have a completed pokédex right away when pokébank and transfer arrives.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

will we be able to transfer pokemon with items through pokebank? I remember we could not do it from 4th gen to 5th gen.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Page 78 of 125 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast