Thread: What Movie Character Annoyed You The Most

Default What Movie Character Annoyed You The Most

What character from one of your favorite movies annoyed the most?
    For me it was Ruby Rod from The Fifth Element.
    He's screaming and shrieking in that movie was so bad, I surprised it didn't break all the glass in the house!
    He's even on WatchMojo put him on the list in this video he's so annoying XD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=pqxA5KDwbfk

movie chars that annoy me:
    snot-nosed kids that are just screaming brats and to things that there parents should disapline them for but don't.ex: the girl in Babe, the kid in turbo who ran over bugs and snails with his tike.
    The lawyer in the incedribles.
    My Tumbur http://spiritdreamdoodlesandlifeblog.tumblr.com/

Gone til the 15 of December see you then!

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    movie chars that annoy me:
    snot-nosed kids that are just screaming brats and to things that there parents should disapline them for but don't.ex: the girl in Babe, the kid in turbo who ran over bugs and snails with his tike.
    The lawyer in the incedribles.
    Pretty sure it's art imitating real life, but I can agree. Though if the script has it where you really are supposed to dislike them, then it's most likely intentional.

Hard to say since movies these days tend to be adaptations of famous (and not-so famous) titles that the characters in the original were probably annoying as well. I guess those that annoy me the most are poorly-written and/or shoe-horned in comedic duos. If you want a pair of characters with great chemistry and can bounce off each other well enough that the audience will laugh at their jokes (no matter how dumb), make sure it's in the appropriate setting. Duos like Mike and Sully, and Rutt and Tuke work because of the atmosphere of the movie. Sure, in Brother Bear the main story is a man who got turned into a bear to learn a lesson and his brother's out to kill him, but he and a cub have some fun together. And while they don't exactly move the plot along, the two moose are brothers and show another side of a sibling relationship that fits in with the movie's message. (Also, they're played by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas who were a comedic duo in Strange Brew, and thus have good chemistry together.)

It also helps to make sure that the movie will adapt well if a comedic duo involved. If you're making a drama of sorts, the comedy relief can work if you have great timing, otherwise, don't bother or you shouldn't have bothered. But even if it's a comedy, you can still have too much of comedy. Some people for whatever reason abuse the comedic duo to the point they're on screen as much as the main characters. Again with Rutt and Tuke, some people think they were on the screen too long, others love them too much to care less. (While I liked Brother Bear, I watch it for Rutt and Tuke mostly, especially with the commentary on. They really shine in the commentary, if only because they had more freedom with their jokes.) A more recent movie is the main complaint I hear about Epic with Mub and Grub who take up maybe no more than half of the screentime, and they have poor timing in which they ruin a dramatic scene that was preceeding it. Now I haven't watched the movie yet, so I can't speak for myself about whether-or-not I like them, but that's the main complaint I hear. It more-or-less depends on personal taste of characters, though.

So yeah... for me, it's bad comedic duos. Thankfully, I haven't seen a lot of movies that abuse this (thus why my examples are only positive ones xD, I apparently forgot the bad ones), but you know it when you see it. Another thing I hate in movies are characters who are there to be stupid and/or shrilly, or if the kids are the token cute kid or whatnot for whatever reason and thus have no real purpose in the plot, and/or they can't act. I understand that child actors are a bit different from adult actors (and yeah, all age groups and genders have their share of bad acting), but for heaven's sake, is someone even trying to teach the kid how to act? Was that really the best kid you could get?

But if you want a specific movie character that annoyed me the most, it was Professor Umbridge of Order of the Phoenix. But that was intentional--the actress really did her job well at making us hate her.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I feel bad because you wrote that huge wall of text, and all I have to reply is:

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    But if you want a specific movie character that annoyed me the most, it was Professor Umbridge of Order of the Phoenix. But that was intentional--the actress really did her job well at making us hate her.
    I came here just to say that.
    idk

Yes, I hated the character of Professor Umbridge too. The actor indeed did do an excellent job. I didn't find many other characters annoying, but in games, there's a ton (*COUGH* Tidus *COUGH*)

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims: