Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter general fan thread!

Default Harry Potter general fan thread!

Hi guys! I love harry potter and Im hoping to get to meet some other HP fans too! Wether you're a fan of the movies or books or both ! Then you're welcome to post and introduce yourself here!

Simple etiquette :
    Please don't troll
    Please don't hate on HP (harry potter)
    Please don't go off topic
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

You shall have more luck here, in the Entertainment Sub Forum of the Miscellaneous Forum.

And indeed, I love the Harry Potter Series. It was a mix of interesting fantasy, with all the magic and mystical creatures and a great plot. It had many twists and turns, with great moments of sadness and happiness, some of which may bring tears to the eyes.

J.K. Rowling said that the target audience were progressively older which each book and the book series took a decade to be completed. Thus, many people literally grew up with the book series.

The character development of many characters, especially Professor Snape was great. It was great to see how soft the heart of an extremely strict professor, who at times seemed malicious, was. What he went through... was really unfortunate...

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Some fun quizzes

Sorting hat http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Revie...uiz-House.html
    I'm in Griffndor!

Potronus Quiz http://www.allthetests.com/quiz08/da...tid=1086060121

I got a Phoenix

I love the Harry potter series books and movies, it was cool reading the books growing up and then seeing them come to life in the big screen, a real great treat for all of its fans.

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

I've done the sorting hat quiz, and me and almost all of my friends got hufflepuff !( I'm not complaining ?)
    Wow , I never knew there was a patronus quiz
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

I watched all of the movies and I'm planning to read the books soon! It was a very entertaining series however.

LOVE THE SAGA!!! It remembers me of my childwood...

BTW... I've heard some rumors about an eight book??? Confirmed?

I really love the movies and books . I've almost finished book no.7 with like two chapters left, but I got bored and I'm to lazy to read them
    >.< . I do that so often!! Also , about an eighth book , I would love one , but I don't really believe it will happen, because they left the series at a really good and complete ending, and know that Harry's son is at hogwarts , JK Rowling might have to right a whole new series of adventures again just for Harry's son! + I think JK Rowling has moved on to different books more aimed for adults.

I don't think a series of Harry's kids are in the near future, I mean she said herself she wants to do other projects, she's already a billionaire so she can pretty much wright anything she wants lol

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

i miss the books sooo muchhh ... T.T ... please JK make some more

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

I love the series. I never get tired of re-reading the books; I have them almost memorized by now but I still love to read them lol. I also liked the movies although not as much as the books; I always found myself pointing out the differences between the movies and the books in the back of my head and that made me enjoy them less. I really wish Rowling would write more Harry Potter books. I know she said she's pretty much done with the Potter universe but I hope she changes her mind in the coming years.

The books often are a lot more detailed than the movies. It takes me 1 hr and 30 min - 2hrs to watch a movie , and it takes me ( by me I mean ME , because I'm a nocturnal reader and don't read that much anyway) 6 months to read one book. She crams a lot into one book. Also I just noticed on my bookshelf that the books become really much bigger ( like 2x the size ) from book 4 and up .

The movies are some of my absolute favorites. And the books pretty much inspired me to start writing myself. So needless to say, it's made a huge impact on me.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    The movies are some of my absolute favorites. And the books pretty much inspired me to start writing myself. So needless to say, it's made a huge impact on me.
    Wow! They inspired you to pick up something new! That's great ! JK Rowling is such a great author! I think Im going to write her a letter someday! New mini - topics! : which harry potter book do you think was the most boring ? What was the best movie?

Quote Originally Posted by leafgreen5050 View Post
    Wow! They inspired you to pick up something new! That's great ! JK Rowling is such a great author! I think Im going to write her a letter someday! New mini - topics! : which harry potter book do you think was the most boring ? What was the best movie?
    I wished you asked what was the best book and worst film but it's cool I can answer you question. For me it's hard to say what was the worst book as I thoroughly enjoyed all the books but if I have to pick then it would be The Order of the Phoenix unfortunately just because it takes a while for Harry and co to return to Hogwarts and things to really pick up. Still a great book though no doubt. As for the best film it would have to be third, Azkaban because I liked how characters like Sirius, Peter and Lupin looked very similar to what I imagined in the book.

You can tell me what your favourite book was! I also think that the order of the Phoenix was the worst , because harry doesn't do much, it's a long book and it's a bit boring.

The Harry Potter series was one of the things that got me into writing as well. Growing up, my brother was always gone so I found comfort in a good novel, even from a very young age. The Order of the Phoenix was my least favorite book while the Half-Blood Prince was my all time favorite. I didn't like that the movies didn't include somethings while I was a kid, but at the time I didn't understand budgets and time constraints. Nevertheless, I loved them and they will always be a part of me. It's also what inspired me to join the Quidditch team in college as the Seeker.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

New mini - topics! : which harry potter book do you think was the most boring?
    The Order of the Phoenix, that book was so dull and Harry became an unlikeable character, then again Harry was a boring character to begin with. Plus practically nothing of any value happens in the book until at the end when Sirius dies.

Book 5 was the starting point where I started to outgrow the the Harry Potter series.

What was the best movie?
    They're all terrible as they suffer from bad pacing.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

The Harry Potter series has got to be the best book series I ever read fantasy wise, and story telling wise. I've read all the books and even today I still get goosebumps when reading them, especially Order of the Phoenix, man that was a shocker. You'll be surprised with how quickly time flies when you are reading these books. The movies are also wonderful. My older sister loves the movies, I'm trying to get her to read the books now since she's a huge fan of the movies. My parent's still are shocked by the sheer size of the book volumes. I've been a Harry Potter fan for ages and I love the series.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

which harry potter book do you think was the most boring?
    The half- blood Prince. Nothing really happens plot wise to the very end. I'm just not into teen love drama.

What was the best movie?
    To me its a tie between the 2nd and 3rd films.
    COS had a nice adventure with mystery and final battle in the Chamber of Secrets itself.
    POA had Harry discovering part of his past (Sirius) plus all the creatures we get to encounter Dementors,Aninmous(sp) and Lupin the werewolf.

I love all the movies but my favorite has to be the 6th one because it goes into snapes history with Harry's mom, plus it's what starts the events leading up to the final battle, my favorite book was the 7th, especially the epilogue where it's a new generation aT hogwarts though in the movie they left out Harry's adopted son

As much as I liked the books, they didn't really inspire me to write. They were great books but I didn't become interested in writing until I was 16 and by then I had already read so many books that it's hard to really pinpoint what inspired me. Anyway, I don't think I have a favorite book. I think they're all great in their own way; I know that Chamber of Secrets is considered the worst book among the fandom, but I enjoyed it as much as the others. The one that I've read the most if Half-Blood Prince though, so maybe that could be a favorite of mine (I read it continuously to look for clues about Book 7). My favorite HP movie would have to be the first one though. I thought it accurately portrayed the first book.

My favorite Harry Potter movie, other then Deathly Hallows Part 2 (which was so epic) would probably be Goblet of Fire. Why? I really like how this one bridged the direction of Harry Potter. Goblet of Fire shaped the future of the series and it's when the series shifts to a darker tone, true all the Harry Potter installments have a dark tone in their own way but IMO, Goblet of Fire is when it got really dark and a much more serious tone, especially in the movies.

However my fave book and Movie of Harry Potter differ. While Goblet of Fire is my fave movie after Deathly Hallows, Order of the Phoenix would probably be my favorite of the book series. I still get excited by the end of Order of the Phoenix and it was just so good. Now I want to read it again
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I like deathly hallows prt.2 ( movie ) too , but in a different way Than philosopher's ( sorcerer's) or chamber of secrets. I also like the prisoner of azkaban movie, because of the dementors 0^0 derp! Also , Harry's son is adopted? I thought Ginny weasley gave birth to his son? I think the books get dark around book 6 and for movies , movie no 4. . [Also a message for blaze boy : you haven't really said anything good about the HP franchise, so please read the first comment. Criticism is okay , but not complete dising. The movies aren't all terrible, there may be some that you don't like but saying the whole series is terrible is a bit harsh .] thnx for all your great comments ! I'm not the only HP and pokefan out there!^_^

I didn't start reading the books until after I saw the first movie on its opening day (the film got messed up at the end, so we waited anywhere from five to fifteen minutes waiting for them to fix the projector). I was nine when it came out, so indeed I did grow up with the books. I enjoyed them very much as a kid, that I believe it was the inspiration when I began to really write. I remember when we had to wait three years for Order of Phoenix to be published, that it was around that time I almost lost interest in Harry Potter.

Then the book itself came out, and while it took Mom three days to read it all, I spent about a week or so reading it because it was really dull in the beginning, much like it was with Goblet of Fire. I actually had to re-read it from the beginning because I lost where I left off, and that's when I really started to hate Professor Umbridge. Nasty character, she was.

Movie-wise, the first two will always be my favorites of the series. It really was noticeably different from the third movie-onward due to changing of directors, but I was never particularly fond of them after the fourth movie (again, fifth movie made me squirm because of Umbridge). I have never seen Deathly Hollows parts one and two if only because I just didn't care at that point. By this time, I believe it had been a couple of years since the last book was released. After I finished reading it, I was pretty much done with Harry Potter. I haven't read them again since, so they're gathering dust on my desk. And I also fell away from the fandom at that point as well.

Granted, I wasn't that big of a fan to begin with (even though I was hoping for Hermione and Harry to get together, heh), so I fell away for natural reasons and not because there were crazy Harry Potter fans that ruined it for me. (There was a brief period of time in high school where I occasionally role-played as Hermione--because I look[ed] like a blonde version of her--with a group of friends during lunch, but that was it.) Okay, they kinda have these days, to be frank, but I'm still not interested in coming back to the fandom either way. The last time I read anything Harry Potter-related fan fiction-wise was I think back in June, and it did make me reconsider coming back.

Still, the memories of elementary school being stricken with Harry Potter fever fulfill some of the nostalgic feelings of childhood. I wasn't really that person who was stupidly waiting for my letter to come by owl (it was more-or-less wanting to be a Pokémon trainer, or to be a Card Captor), but I enjoyed the atmosphere as a kid. I don't think I'll ever have similar feelings anymore when it comes to new things in the future, but I do get that urge every now and then to go back and read the books. Who knows when I'll do that, though, so for now, all I have are just the nostalgic feelings, and I'm personally content with it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast