Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter general fan thread!

Worst book was the sixth hands down.
    Worst movie was the third. What was that.
    Also, I was sorted into Ravenclaw, and patronous is a spider.

I think hermione should have been with harry ! Hermione is one of my fave HP characters . I remember , my mom said I had to "grow up" with the movie series , so She only let me watch each movie if she thought I was grown up enough for each movie . (I'm a middle - schooler by the way) . I hate umbridge too. Lol I was so happy when the centaurs took her away and Harry's says "I must not tell lies" OMG !
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

Quote Originally Posted by leafgreen5050 View Post
    I think hermione should have been with harry ! Hermione is one of my fave HP characters .
    But it was most likely hinted at before Harry explicitly said it that he saw Hermione more of a sister or motherly figure. I can't exactly remember when it was Harry found himself falling for Ginny. Ginny's apparently liked him since at least Chamber of Secrets, but it felt one-sided for a long time. I actually thought Harry and Luna would get together, to be honest.

I remember , my mom said I had to "grow up" with the movie series , so She only let me watch each movie if she thought I was grown up enough for each movie . (I'm a middle - schooler by the way) .
    Not a bad idea, honestly. I was thinking on doing that with my own kids, but then again I have way too many dumb "experiments" I want to do with them involving movies and the like, and probably by that time, I wouldn't even bother. *shrugs*

I hate umbridge too. Lol I was so happy when the centaurs took her away and Harry's says "I must not tell lies" OMG !
    If you know about centaurs (it's possible most of the older readers who studied up on Greek mythology do), then you'll know what happens to Umbridge when they take her away. For those who don't, in mythology, centaurs are known to rape women. Which actually makes the one centaur professor a little creepy... now that I think about it. (Then again, he was exiled for something, and as Professor Dumbledore personally hired him, he was probably a good, intellectual centaur who knew how to control his urges.)
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

*Senses a shipping war on the horizon* I actually always wanted Harry and Hermione to end up together. Not that I really shipped them or anything, but it seemed like the most natural relationship imo. I wasn't pleased that Harry ended up with Ginny, who literally did nothing after Book 2 imo. Harry was so fickle too. First he liked Cho for some inexplicable reason, then he ran to Ginny and completely ignored Hermione who was always there for him. Poor Hermione had to settle for Ron instead which didn't quite satisfy me. *Goes and writes Harry x Hermione fan fiction to release her fury*

As for the sorting thing, I've taken lots of different tests and quizzes and I always end up being sorted into random houses. I never even cared for any of them to be honest, but if Hogwarts was real I'd probably end up in Hufflepuff since I'm not brave or ambitious or even intelligent or have any of the other qualities and characteristics of the other houses.
    Last edited by Lorde; 11th September 2013 at 7:27 AM.

Harry x Hermione? Really? I was always an advocate of Harry x Luna because it always seemed like Luna was one of the very few people who truly understood what Harry was going through in his life; there was the scene where he saw the Thestrals for the first time, when he talked to her after losing Sirius, etc. I understand that maybe she was never really meant to be a romantic interest for him, but I always thought that it would have been a very interesting relationship (potty looooves loony)

I was sorted into Slytherin, which I think suits me very, very well. Was a bit reluctant at first like everyone else, but now I can't imagine being in any of the other three houses at all.

Favourite book? Order of the Phoenix, by far. I know that some people have said it was quite dull but I loved every single page, especially the ending. It really signifies the beginning of the "end" of the books, not only by putting the Ministry in the forefront of the ensuing war, but also stuff with the prophecy and also how it really shows for the first time that Harry isn't perfect; his flaws end up almost killing his friends at the end and it's certainly what lead to Sirius's death in the first place.

Least favourite has to be Azkaban. Just never really got it. But I'm still a massive, massive fan of the series and it's certainly one of those things which just stays with you for a long, long time. Honestly, words cannot encapsulate how much I love the series. It's a obsession, if anything.
    Last edited by Poetry; 11th September 2013 at 3:57 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Yeah. I was always partial to Harry x Luna. For the life of me, Ginny is probably the most boring character ever and I never understood the hype about her. She just seemed so plain and boring. She could have easily been replaced by any other female character.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I honestly cannot see hermione and Harry together, there more like brother and sisters, in fact I had hoped he would have made a bigger move on Cho since she was on the rebound at the time. I was sorted into slytherin -_-

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

I never even considered Harry x Luna to be honest. I mean Luna only appeared in the last three books whereas Hermione and Ginny were there from the start. I may not like that Harry ended up with Ginny, but I'd prefer that over Harry x Luna any day of the week tbh. Not that I hate Luna, quite the opposite. I liked her a lot, but I never thought she and Harry had anything in common aside from the fact that they both lost relatives and could see Thestrals. Besides, Harry usually acted like Luna was a weirdo and he seemed to humor her more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I never even considered Harry x Luna to be honest. I mean Luna only appeared in the last three books whereas Hermione and Ginny were there from the start. I may not like that Harry ended up with Ginny, but I'd prefer that over Harry x Luna any day of the week tbh. Not that I hate Luna, quite the opposite. I liked her a lot, but I never thought she and Harry had anything in common aside from the fact that they both lost relatives and could see Thestrals. Besides, Harry usually acted like Luna was a weirdo and he seemed to humor her more often than not.
    I feel the same way; is it confirmed that Luna ended up marrying Neville?
    font size one

Quote Originally Posted by Monek_OP View Post
    I feel the same way; is it confirmed that Luna ended up marrying Neville?
    I'm pretty sure Neville ended up with Hannah Abbot but I'll have to look it up.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Yes, Neville ended up with Hannah Abbott, and Luna with Rolf Scamander. Sorry, Lovebottom shippers.

First he liked Cho for some inexplicable reason, then he ran to Ginny and completely ignored Hermione who was always there for him. Poor Hermione had to settle for Ron instead which didn't quite satisfy me. *Goes and writes Harry x Hermione fan fiction to release her fury*
    I don't think this is accurate. First off, I think the Cho relationship was the most realistically written one in the series, one based almost solely on physical attraction, before realizing they had core differences that kind of ruined any shot of having a salvageable relationship. Sounds like teenagers to me! Also, 'poor Hermione' didn't SETTLE for Ron, she wanted him and never Harry, at any point. I blame the movies, and the Harmione shipping screenwriter Steve Kloves.

My favorite book is a tossup between PoA and OotP. The third book introduces my favorite characters Remus, Sirius, and my favorite plotline in the series, that of the Marauders. OotP has the most juicy expansion of the Wizarding World, which is just the most amazing place. It also contains my favorite chapter in the series, the Lost Prophecy.

I actually think the most well-made movie was the sixth one, although the third was the best cinematically.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Yeah they could have done a lot better with the love interest for each main character, but i guess JK had a reason for the way they turned out. another movie I thought was well put together was the seventh part 1 one as it gave in depth look at the bond the three actually had.

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

I'm not particularly a fan of the films, but strangely it's the films themselves which have provided some of my fondest and best memories. I used to watch them a lot when I was younger, specifically the first two, and I always felt very... sad in a way at the end of Philosopher's Stone, when Hagrid gives Harry the photo album of his parents and as the train pulls away, the camera pans out with the music, "Leaving Hogwarts" playing in the background. It's always been a very vivid memory, so when I went to see Deathly Hallows Part 2, not only to my surprise was the film actually stunningly good in comparison to the previous disappointing installments, but they reused the music from the end of the first film in the epilogue section, which of course resulted in quite an... emotional reaction on my part. It wasn't only nostalgia, but a bookend to what had probably been the very few highlights of my childhood; the fact that the world in which I had practically lived in had now properly ended for good was something which admittedly was quite difficult to accept at first. I don't think I've ever felt such a weird mix of euphoria, nostalgia and sadness at the same time. Now I can't watch the first or the last film at all because I just get really emotional, which is stupid, really.

But who cares. Even though the track is called "Leaving Hogwarts", I don't think anyone ever really truly leaves Hogwarts, do they? Nor does it leave them.

Jesus christ, I'm getting gushy. I'll stop now, this is way too out of my comfort zone for my liking.
    Last edited by Poetry; 11th September 2013 at 5:54 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Yeah. I was always partial to Harry x Luna. For the life of me, Ginny is probably the most boring character ever and I never understood the hype about her. She just seemed so plain and boring. She could have easily been replaced by any other female character.
    I always thought Harry and Hermione, as she was always there by his side, or Harry and Luna, as she was the perfect person for him to meet and talk to after loosing Sirius.

I don't think that Ginny was particularly plain and boring, she just didn't fit in with the other main child characters in the story - Harry was a lonely and neglected orphan searching for his place in the world, never quite fitting in due to people's high expectations of him, Ron was a boy who lacked self confidence, living in the shadow of his many older brothers, born to parents who were trying really hard to have a daughter, Hermione was slightly bossy bookworm who struggled to make friends, Neville was a boy with much of a sense of self worth who never seemed to do anything right, and Luna was an odd girl coping with the loss of her mother and the slow deterioration of her father while facing bullies on a daily basis.
    Add into that Ginny, the bright, sporty, multi-talented girl who all the boys like and who, in Harry and Ron's own words, was entirely too popular for her own good. That makes her the cliched dream girl, and a character like that just doesn't fit with the rest. I always felt she was the perfect example of a Mary-Sue type character.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    The Order of the Phoenix, that book was so dull and Harry became an unlikeable character, then again Harry was a boring character to begin with. Plus practically nothing of any value happens in the book until at the end when Sirius dies.

Book 5 was the starting point where I started to outgrow the the Harry Potter series.

They're all terrible as they suffer from bad pacing.
    No offense but if you've grown out of Harry Potter why are you posting in this thread?
    My Y Team:

I have read all 7 books in less than a month, and binged all the movies in one day. So, I love it. xD
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

True fans will always love and not outgrow Harry potter I mean who hasn't dreamt of waking up one day to find an owl telling you your going to hogwarts and your a wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Soble View Post
    No offense but if you've grown out of Harry Potter why are you posting in this thread?
    You can out-grow something, but still have an opinion and memories of it :/. I'm the same way, so that question's also aimed at me as well, and that's my answer as to why I posted/am posting in this thread.

Oh yeah, took the Sorting and Patronus quizzes last night, and I got Hufflepuff and the Phoenix. (I was one point away from being Gryffindor, but meh.)
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    I don't think this is accurate. First off, I think the Cho relationship was the most realistically written one in the series, one based almost solely on physical attraction
    Then it just proves that Harry is fickle lol. Seriously though, I actually thought the whole mess with Cho was Harry's fault completely. He was so tactless and oblivious to the fact that Cho wanted to talk about Cedric since his death affected her, and it was only natural for her to want to speak with Harry about it since he was there when he died. But Harry acted like Cedric's death wasn't important and that was obviously very offensive to Cho. Harry acted like Ron during that coffee shop chapter. It was very out of character of him imo.

Harry X Luna? Call me crazy, but at least for book five, I shipped Luna and Ron. Why? I don't know, I always felt Luna had a small little crush on Ron, at least in the book version of Order of the Phoenix. So I secretly shipped them. I never expected them to get together but the idea was kinda cute. Yes I know it's a weird ship, but I really don't do much shipping.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    You can out-grow something, but still have an opinion and memories of it :/. I'm the same way, so that question's also aimed at me as well, and that's my answer as to why I posted/am posting in this thread.

Oh yeah, took the Sorting and Patronus quizzes last night, and I got Hufflepuff and the Phoenix. (I was one point away from being Gryffindor, but meh.)
    This is a fan thread though. If you've outgrown it you are no longer a fan, thus posting in this thread just to say you don't like it anymore is pretty lame.
    My Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    The Order of the Phoenix, that book was so dull and Harry became an unlikeable character, then again Harry was a boring character to begin with. Plus practically nothing of any value happens in the book until at the end when Sirius dies.

Book 5 was the starting point where I started to outgrow the the Harry Potter series.

They're all terrible as they suffer from bad pacing.
    Why are you even on this thread in the first place? Rowling acknowledged Harry's anger in book 5, heck, the book itslef acknowledged it! Rowling explained it as her trying to make Harry more realistic. And the OotF was very important to the series, it set up Books 6 and 7 perfectly!

You can out-grow something, but still have an opinion and memories of it :/. I'm the same way, so that question's also aimed at me as well, and that's my answer as to why I posted/am posting in this thread.)
    It's a fan thread though - you've outgrown it, you're not a fan, etc., etc.

Anyways, I got sorted into Ravenclaw/Slytherin, (chose Ravenclaw.) although I'd think Slytherin gets a bad rep for having bad characters, being pureblood and ambitious isn't a crime!
    font size one

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Soble View Post
    This is a fan thread though. If you've outgrown it you are no longer a fan, thus posting in this thread just to say you don't like it anymore is pretty lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monek_OP View Post
    It's a fan thread though - you've outgrown it, you're not a fan, etc., etc.
    Doesn't mean that I don't have a fondness for Harry Potter, though :/. I still admire the books, I still have knowledge of the Harry Potter universe (even if I have to look it up events and other things at times), I still respect the story and characters. I am just as welcome in this thread as anyone else who has a thing or two to say about Harry Potter, "fan thread" be damned.

Speaking of pairings, was it just me, or did Snape/Lily support shoot up after the sixth book? Like as far as I know, it may have existed prior to its publication, but it was a very tiny fanbase (I believe it was a bit noticeable in the fifth book, but I'm sure the fandom saw hints of it earlier).
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1988 View Post
    I always thought Harry and Hermione, as she was always there by his side, or Harry and Luna, as she was the perfect person for him to meet and talk to after loosing Sirius.

I don't think that Ginny was particularly plain and boring, she just didn't fit in with the other main child characters in the story - Harry was a lonely and neglected orphan searching for his place in the world, never quite fitting in due to people's high expectations of him, Ron was a boy who lacked self confidence, living in the shadow of his many older brothers, born to parents who were trying really hard to have a daughter, Hermione was slightly bossy bookworm who struggled to make friends, Neville was a boy with much of a sense of self worth who never seemed to do anything right, and Luna was an odd girl coping with the loss of her mother and the slow deterioration of her father while facing bullies on a daily basis.
    Add into that Ginny, the bright, sporty, multi-talented girl who all the boys like and who, in Harry and Ron's own words, was entirely too popular for her own good. That makes her the cliched dream girl, and a character like that just doesn't fit with the rest. I always felt she was the perfect example of a Mary-Sue type character.
    Summed that up perfectly. I guess that's why I never liked her too much. She just seemed like some Mary Sue character that was uber perfect. With a cast of diverse and deep character, she just seemed so boring and paper thin compared to the rest.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Speaking of pairings, was it just me, or did Snape/Lily support shoot up after the sixth book? Like as far as I know, it may have existed prior to its publication, but it was a very tiny fanbase (I believe it was a bit noticeable in the fifth book, but I'm sure the fandom saw hints of it earlier).
    I was browsing through one of the Harry Potter fan sites a few weeks ago and I noticed that a lot of the Snape x Lily theories started around the time that the sixth book was released too, which I found odd. I mean what clues from book 6 made people think it was possible? I personally never even thought that there was something between the two until it was revealed in Deathly Hallows. They seemed so different, plus Snape's "mudblood" comment in Order of the Phoenix made it appear to me that he was prejudice just like most Slytherins. Of course I was wrong since Snape ended up being like an anti-hero rather than a villain, but I never would have imagined that Snape actually loved Lily.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast