Welcome to the 6th Gen Competitive Discussion section. First and foremost, this section is meant to act as place for people discuss what is currently happening in the metagame as well as start their own discussion. Read the forum rules before making any threads / posts.
***OFFICIAL 6TH GEN COMPETITIVE DISCUSSION RULES***
- Follow all Serebii.net rules.
- Do not bother moderators to approve threads.
- Do not create help threads.
- Don't make threads that that provide little discussion.
- Don't post duplicate threads.
- Don't flame / troll other members.
- Don't derail topics.
- Posts & threads with no relevance to competitive Pokémon have no place here.
- Don't make create threads about Serebii's tiering policy.
1. Follow All Serebii.net Rules.
Follow all Serebii.net rules.
These rules applies to the sub-forums on the site, and this forum is no different.
2. Do not bother moderators to approve threads.
All threads in this section must be approved by a Competitive Forum Staff Member. Do not PM or bother staff members to get your thread approved. We will get to it in time.
3. Do not create help threads.
Help threads are prohibited . If you have a team that needs rated post a thread in the Rate My Team Section. If you want an opinion on a specific moveset for a certain Pokemon, use the Competitive Singles Rate Thread. If you have a general question about competitive Pokemon use the Ask a Question Thread.
4. Don't make threads that that provide little discussion.
Posting a thread which is unable to spark a long discussion is not a thread the staff will approve. It not only wastes our time approving it but it also clutters the forum. Any topic we deem as not fit for the forum will not be approved.
5. Don't post duplicate threads.
There is no need to have duplicate posts of existing threads, so please don't post them. The only time this is allowed is when the previous thread is too told that bumping it isn't possible.
6. Don't flame / troll other members.
A difference in opinion does not give you the right to flame and/or troll other members. Anyone caught doing this will be dealt with harshly.
7. Don't derail topics.
Don't steer whatever discussion is happening in a specific thread away to something is completely unrelated to the topic.
8. Posts & threads with no relevance to competitive Pokémon have no place here.
What this means is ingame Pokémon or anything that has nothing to do with competitive Pokémon should not be posted here. Any threads of these nature will be deleted and similar posts in threads will be infracted.
9. Don't make create threads about Serebii's tiering policy.
Serebii's tiering policy is no longer up for discussion / debate. The competitive community has chosen to adopt the tiering list used on Smogon as they have the resources and players to make the best decisions for every metagame. An attempt at making a tier list on Serebii was made in the past but the actual execution failed many times which is why we are using Smogon. While the idea of deciding our own tiers might be nice, we lack the players and resources to achieve this and in the end we will end up making the same decisions Smogon makes.
Failure to comply with these rules will earn you a "Disobeying the Rules of a specific sub-forum infraction". If you have any questions, feel free to PM them to any of the Battle Forum staff, and if you see any rules being broken or have any issues, report them as mods won't always be able to be at every place at once due to our schedules. Alternatively, you can PM any problems to us. Enjoy!