Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Umen Berker View Post
    Is anyone here particularly good at UU? I've been out of the game for awhile and would like to get back in but I think i might need a tutor to help me out with what new threats there are with gen 6 being out and all. I'm fairly well versed in gen 5 UU as of about a year ago? Somewhere around there
    Generation 6 UnderUsed currently does not exist. As for 5th gen UU, Smogon has some very useful information concerning every single tier out there, including UU. Moxie Heracross and other Fighting types are godly, I know that. You'll want to also have a counter to major Fire sweepers such as Darmanitan, Victini, and Chandelure.
    did you think I'd post something here or something

wait I just did gdi

Ah okay I see. I recently got the newest game and was just trying to get ahead of the curve I suppose. When will the new gen be incorporated? If anyone has any idea

Quote Originally Posted by Umen Berker View Post
    Ah okay I see. I recently got the newest game and was just trying to get ahead of the curve I suppose. When will the new gen be incorporated? If anyone has any idea
    Nobody really knows at this point, but when the three-month usage statistics are released we should have a decent idea of what will be UU. There's so much "shiny new toy syndrome" going on right now that tiers are hard to formulate.

wait I just did gdi

I'm just worried about the huge effect the new type will have on UU honestly. Fairy being resistant to Fighting and Dark (Both of which are two of the biggest and most prominant physical type attacks in the Metagame) is really going to throw the whole metagame for a major loop. Much more than some of the others just due to the huge number of fighting and dark types that simply destroy the tier (E.G. Heracross, Scrafty, Cobalion, Meinshao, Sharpedo, Verison, Machamp, ect....)

I have a Pancham to EV, and Obviously 252 on attack, however, Idk if you I should go with 252 on Hp or 252 on def, because what's so good about hp if it just get's 1 shotted anyway? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Deli Bird Appreciator - If you think delibird deserves a evolution/mega, copy this to your signature!
    Friend Safari-Maractus, Sawsbuck and Oddish X FC : 0645-6287-8323
    Looking Master Balls, always

I have
    A plethora of Calm Eevees, which should have 31 IVs in at least SpA and SpD with yawn HA and Not
    Stuck in 5th gen (for now)Shiny Girantina, Palkia, Dialga,Shiny Litwick
    If you want more info, Private Message me

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    I've got a Dragalgae with very good IVs all around and a Sassy nature. I'm not sure what to do for its EV spread. It's Sassy natured, and I'm not sure if I want to further boost the special defense or focus on another attribute to make it a better wall. It has 30 special attack IVs, so I originally thought of making it a special tank, but I'm wondering if I ought to focus on HP instead.
    Never got an answer for this, but I think I'm going to go with HP instead of special defense, unless someone here thinks that's a terrible idea.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

What would be a good moveset for umbreon? I want him because he's good pretty good all around defense, and I really want him to be able to inflict a status and be able to take out a ghost or two, since that is what my team is weakest against.

Quote Originally Posted by MewtwoGymLeader View Post
    What would be a good moveset for umbreon? I want him because he's good pretty good all around defense, and I really want him to be able to inflict a status and be able to take out a ghost or two, since that is what my team is weakest against.
    A very effective movest I used was
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Dark Pulse
    -Curse

Curse and/or Protect can be replaced with Substitute, and if you think you can find a better option for Curse, then you're welcome to it. I've personally found that when the opponent is badly poisoned, protecting for a turn as the damage increases works better for me than setting up a substitute. Anyway, with that set, you're able to inflict poison then stall and wall as it whittles down their HP. Dark Pulse for if you get taunted or to finish the job.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 12th December 2013 at 2:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    A very effective movest I used was
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Dark Pulse
    -Curse

Curse and/or Protect can be replaced with Substitute, and if you think you can find a better option for Curse, then you're welcome to it. I've personally found that when the opponent is badly poisoned, protecting for a turn as the damage increases works better for me than setting up a substitute. Anyway, with that set, you're able to inflict poison then stall and wall as it whittles down their HP. Dark Pulse for if you get taunted or to finish the job.
    Why do you have Dark Pulse in conjunction with Curse? Umbreon learns Payback, which takes greater advantage of the Curse boosting. Either way, you'll want to replace Curse on that set with Wish. WishPassing is one of Umbreon's more useful niches. Other than that, follow the set.

wait I just did gdi

Umbreon
    ~Foul Play
    ~Toxic
    ~Wish
    ~Protect

Umbreon's best attacking option is Foul Play, in which it does great damage to opponents who has high attacking power and allows you to get stab as well. Toxic allows you to inflict status and cripple your opponents. Wish is used to heal the Pokemon at the user's position by 1/2 of its maximum HP, rounded by half. Protect is there to scout your opponent's next move, taking advantage of Wish by negating the charging turn, and building up Toxic damage.
    Last edited by Nulava; 12th December 2013 at 5:53 PM.

I used an umbreon set with one of my first UU teams. There are a few sets you can run depending on what you want him/her to do.

first off you can run a full defense, mixed cleric set
    252 hp, the rest into defense or Sp Def depending on what you need, definately special defense if you run curse

Fowl Play/Payback
    Healbell
    Toxic
    Curse/Wish

Healbell is great and lets you heal everyones status. Wish also lets you keep your other pokemon relatively healthy by passing health to them. Toxic is one thing you said you definitely wanted so there you go. Fowlplay/Payback is really depending on if you are running curse or not. If you are then use Payback, if not use Fowl Play.

You could also do a Curse set like this

Payback
    Curse
    Batton Pass
    Toxic/Wish/Healbell/Protect
    with ev's in HP and Special Defense and the ability to pass off the curse boosts to something else or just keep them for yourself. The last move is really just whatever you want it to be depending on what you need

Default Mega Blastoise

So I've taken a liking to Mega Blastoise and I would really want to use it in my team competitively. However, I'm having a hard time finding a few Pokemon that could work in synergy with it. Ifigured because he's a rather slow Pokemon, I need Pokemon that can help with the speed probs, like Sticky web, or t-waving the opponents.

But so far, I've been losing and my team always feels like there's something not right... Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujoshan View Post
    And meryl are you that stupid? How are you going to pull of a hail team with only ONE hail starting pkmn? Its fail. Hail is NEVER a waste of moveslot in a HAIL team.
    ... From the greatest Pokemon Master himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Meryl View Post
    So I've taken a liking to Mega Blastoise and I would really want to use it in my team competitively. However, I'm having a hard time finding a few Pokemon that could work in synergy with it. I figured because he's a rather slow Pokemon, I need Pokemon that can help with the speed probs, like Sticky web, or t-waving the opponents.

But so far, I've been losing and my team always feels like there's something not right... Any suggestions?
    One Pokemon that I can suggest is Smeargle.
    Smeargle is a great lead that can setup its hazards.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    ~Sticky Web
    ~Spikes
    ~Spore
    ~Stealth Rock

Thanks to Smeargle, you can use Sticky Web to lower your opponents speed, and then bring in Mega Blastoise to do damage.
    Mega Blastoise is one of the best Special Sweepers in the game today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulava View Post
    One Pokemon that I can suggest is Smeargle.
    Smeargle is a great lead that can setup its hazards.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    ~Sticky Web
    ~Spikes
    ~Spore
    ~Stealth Rock

Thanks to Smeargle, you can use Sticky Web to lower your opponents speed, and then bring in Mega Blastoise to do damage.
    Mega Blastoise is one of the best Special Sweepers in the game today.
    Thanks! I'll try this out. Guess I gotta back to breeding again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujoshan View Post
    And meryl are you that stupid? How are you going to pull of a hail team with only ONE hail starting pkmn? Its fail. Hail is NEVER a waste of moveslot in a HAIL team.
    ... From the greatest Pokemon Master himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Meryl View Post
    So I've taken a liking to Mega Blastoise and I would really want to use it in my team competitively. However, I'm having a hard time finding a few Pokemon that could work in synergy with it. Ifigured because he's a rather slow Pokemon, I need Pokemon that can help with the speed probs, like Sticky web, or t-waving the opponents.

A Heliolisk with Dry Skin could also work. It can thunderwave, and it's fast. Rather frail, though.

Or you know, you can use mega blastiose in its only effective role as an offensive spinner seeing as its outclassed in all other areas, making pokemon that like rocks gone nices, namely volcarona as it can set up on what switches into blastiose, gourgeist, gengar to an extent, and ferrothorn

Related to the umbreon question: how well would it work if you equipped the rocky helmet to umbreon and teach it assurance along with the detect/protect and wish strategy? Due to it's low speed, should the attacker hit with a physical attack, then they would have already lost damage that turn, making assurance's power double. Though this would throw a wrench into it's wall properties. should I teach it that, plus a protect move, plus wish, that would leave just the one last slot for toxic. Though this would mean at the very least I would have to take damage every other turn. Would it be worth it?

Related to the umbreon question: how well would it work if you equipped the rocky helmet to umbreon and teach it assurance along with the detect/protect and wish strategy? Due to it's low speed, should the attacker hit with a physical attack, then they would have already lost damage that turn, making assurance's power double. Though this would throw a wrench into it's wall properties. should I teach it that, plus a protect move, plus wish, that would leave just the one last slot for toxic. Though this would mean at the very least I would have to take damage every other turn. Would it be worth it?
    It would appreciate leftovers more, and Umbreon can use Payback just as reliably.

The problem is that Umbreon also has awful attack. It's best off using Heal Bell/Wish to support teammates, like it's sisters Vaporeon and Sylveon.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    It would appreciate leftovers more, and Umbreon can use Payback just as reliably.

The problem is that Umbreon also has awful attack. It's best off using Heal Bell/Wish to support teammates, like it's sisters Vaporeon and Sylveon.
    true. Now, completely unrelated question: what is a good moveset on Gardevoir, who is set more to be a sweeper than a supporter. (Daring: yes. Stupid: yes. Possible: maybe)
    Last edited by MewtwoGymLeader; 13th December 2013 at 4:53 AM.

true. Now, completely unrelated question: what is a good moveset on Gardevoir, who is set more to be a sweeper than a supporter. (Daring: yes. Stupid: yes. Possible: maybe)
    Smogon says:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gardevoir.3489936/
    I don't think they're done with quality check or not, I don't really know how to tell, but they should be good sets.

Hyper Voice will come out in Pokemon Bank, which will make Mega Gardevoir more threatening, since Pixilate will give normal type moves a 30% increase in power. You will definitely want that over Moon Blast.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

I have a sort of hypothetical question. It's not one I am currently able to test out since I only have one 3DS. The move Baton Pass passes off all stat changes and, the part in question, status afflictions. If you were to Baton Pass a Poisoned Pokemon into a Steel Type or a Pokemon with Immunity, would the recipient become poisoned due to Baton pass?
    Friend Code: 3282-1808-1238
    Pokemon in my Safari: Mienfoo, Sawk, Hariyama
    HA Pokemon I have: Eevee, Fletchling, Froakie, Poochyena, Goomy, Mienfoo, Snorunt, Petilil, Shroomish, Torchic, Charmander, Fennekin, Helioptile, Gible, Bulbasaur, Emolga, Squirtle
    HA Pokemon I am looking for: Nidoran (f), Mawile, Ralts, Espurr (m), Zangoose, Smeargle, Vulpix, Abra, Dratini, Litleo, Spritzee, Swirlix, Shinx, Budew, Buizel, Lilipup, Minccino
    Currently Breeding: HA Eevee, min 4 Perfect IVs currently, 5 max. Still working on getting one that has all 6 stats perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorupix View Post
    I have a sort of hypothetical question. It's not one I am currently able to test out since I only have one 3DS. The move Baton Pass passes off all stat changes and, the part in question, status afflictions. If you were to Baton Pass a Poisoned Pokemon into a Steel Type or a Pokemon with Immunity, would the recipient become poisoned due to Baton pass?
    Baton Pass does not pass status ailments, nor the Attack drop inflicted by burn. It will, however, pass such things as the Perish Song timer, Ingrain, Aqua Ring, and Magnet Rise.

wait I just did gdi

Question about delegating EVs

I intend to run an Azumarill with Belly Drum set.
    -Adamant nature
    -Huge Power
    -6x 31IV

I see the usual suggestion is to do 252HP/252Atk/6Spd
    I was hoping to do something different to put emphasis on bulk instead, since I'll be using belly drum anyway.
    Something like 252HP/129Def/129SpDef or 252HP/86Atk/86Def/86SpDef

Basically my question is, is it really worth to invest all 252EV into Attack when you're running Huge Power & Belly Drum anyway -
    and is it plausible to put them somewhere else and have success? Just trying to find something to do out of the norm, any feedback is appreciated.

---

Azumarill - Huge Power - Adamant - Lv100 (252HP/252Atk/6Spd)
    HP 404
    Atk 218 (436)
    Def 196
    SpDef 196
    Spd 137

Azumarill - Huge Power - Adamant - Lv100 (252HP/129Def/129SpDef)
    HP 404
    Atk 149 (298)
    Def 228
    SpDef 228
    Spd 136

Azumarill - Huge Power - Adamant - Lv100 (252HP/86Atk/86Def/86SpDef)
    HP 404
    Atk 172 (344)
    Def 217
    SpDef 217
    Spd 136

MM 480eggs - on hold
        Spoiler:- Trades - Will consider any offers - PM for details:

PLEASE DO NOT ADD ME ONLY FOR SAFARI ♥ kthanx
    Graphic Credit to ASTRAL SHADOW

Go with the first one. Belly Drum sets aim to cause as damage as possible after the drum and speed is not really an issue with Azumarill considering most other priority users outspeed it. 252 + Atk would be the best way to go here because it does just that.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Go with the first one. Belly Drum sets aim to cause as damage as possible after the drum and speed is not really an issue with Azumarill considering most other priority users outspeed it. 252 + Atk would be the best way to go here because it does just that.
    --Thanks for your input

I've read that Azumarill might have issues setting up BD because of the cut to HP, this is why I proposed a bulkier alternative, when there's going to be 400% attack anyway.
    (436 * 4 = 1744 vs 344 * 4 = 1376) 1376 still seems like more than enough attack to me, especially if it'll be able to withstand more damage.

I guess I'd further like to inquire if any Azumarill users with 252Atk have any issues killing things or staying alive long enough to put the massive attack to use.
    Last edited by jesz_; 14th December 2013 at 7:56 PM.

MM 480eggs - on hold
        Spoiler:- Trades - Will consider any offers - PM for details:

PLEASE DO NOT ADD ME ONLY FOR SAFARI ♥ kthanx
    Graphic Credit to ASTRAL SHADOW

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast