Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1602

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

The faster Pokemon moves first. MegaZard X has higher Speed than Mega TTar, so usually MegaZard X will move first. However, if you have no Speed investment and TTar has lots of Speed investment, it could move first. However, a Speed-invested TTar is very rare.

MegaZard X can't really do a whole lot against Mega Tyranitar, especially in a sandstorm. There aren't any super-effective moves that MegaZard X can use against TTar except Earthquake, and you don't get the Tough Claws boost on it. If you run a bulky MegaZard X you might be able to take more Stone Edges, but your Earthquakes against TTar will be weaker. It also depends on how the TTar is trained compared to how your MegaZard is trained. Whether they're both bulky, or whether one is bulky and the other is offensive plays into who wins. Also Stone Edge has poor accuracy, but Earthquake doesn't. Part of it is up to luck.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

What type combos offer reasonable (few Pokemon resisting them) coverage?
    Rock/Ground and Ice/Electric are both good ones but have things changed much thanks to the Steel nerf (not resisting Ghost/Dark) and the new Fairy type? Any new combos that aren't resisted by much?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevenant View Post
    What type combos offer reasonable (few Pokemon resisting them) coverage?
    Rock/Ground and Ice/Electric are both good ones but have things changed much thanks to the Steel nerf (not resisting Ghost/Dark) and the new Fairy type? Any new combos that aren't resisted by much?
    Ghost + Fighting offers perfect neutral coverage. At the moment there is no Pokemon who resists both, so you're guaranteed to hit any Pokemon for at least neutral damage.

...Now, hypothetically, if we got a Normal/Ghost Pokemon, that would stop being true.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Speaking of the steel nerf, ghost and normal actually offer decent coverage together as they hit everything for neutral barring pawniard. You probably won't land many super effective hits, but on the other hand you probably won't be resisted by much either.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Are you forced to follow Item Clause in Battle Spot? (Battle Spot is the random matchups on Wi-Fi, right?)

What the flip are the chances of my pokemon flinching about 90% of the time my opponent used dark pulse?!?!! My WiFi opponent used hydreigon and it took out like 5 of my pokemon because it spammed dark pulse and I kept flinching all the frigging time and couldn't move. Then when I finally took it out his/her gengar spammed dark pulse and the flinching continued :/. I know dark pulse can cause flinching but the amount of flinching in this battle was so ridiculous I'm starting to think that there was some kind of hack going on >_<…

OK, rant over...I do also have another question. If I send out my chlorophyll venasaur into sunlight and then mega evolve it does it still get the speed boost or would I have to wait a turn before mega evolving it to get the speed boost?

And does a gale wings brave bird go before or after a pokemon utilizing prankster ability?
    Last edited by Birds of Paradise; 16th June 2014 at 2:09 AM.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    What the flip are the chances of my pokemon flinching about 90% of the time my opponent used dark pulse?!?!! My WiFi opponent used hydreigon and it took out like 5 of my pokemon because it spammed dark pulse and I kept flinching all the frigging time and couldn't move. Then when I finally took it out his/her gengar spammed dark pulse and the flinching continued :/. I know dark pulse can cause flinching but the amount of flinching in this battle was so ridiculous I'm starting to think that there was some kind of hack going on >_<…
    There's no accounting for sheer bad luck. It's the same thing that'll make Focus Blast miss 5 times in a row, or have Thunder hit every time, or have confused Pokemon hit themselves every time. The RNG giveth, and the RNG taketh away.

OK, rant over...I do also have another question. If I send out my chlorophyll venasaur into sunlight and then mega evolve it does it still get the speed boost or would I have to wait a turn before mega evolving it to get the speed boost?
    Turn order is determined prior to Mega Evolving, so the speed boost from Chlorophyll will be factored into determining the order of action that same turn that it Mega Evolves.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 16th June 2014 at 2:09 AM.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

And does a gale wings brave bird go before or after a pokemon utilizing prankster ability?
    Depends on the speed of the Prankster user compared to your Talonflame. Both are +1 priority, but Talonflame is so fast anyway that unless the Prankster mon is a max Speed Thundurus you'll likely go first.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

This might be obvious but trying to find a good water type for my team with water absorb. Which is better vaporeon or lapras? Been using lapras for the ice stab but vaporeon's bulkier correct?
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

Quote Originally Posted by Italianbaptist View Post
    This might be obvious but trying to find a good water type for my team with water absorb. Which is better vaporeon or lapras? Been using lapras for the ice stab but vaporeon's bulkier correct?
    Vaporeon is significantly better. Ice typing is generally detrimental due to the unfortunate defensive typing that comes with it, most notably a weakness to stealth rock. Vapareon takes less damage from the albeit rare Grass Knot, and is able to utilize Baton Pass to give giant substitutes and make it easier to pass its wishes (among other things). Its role as a Baton Passer is what helped propel it into OU, while Lapras is slumming around in NU.

Lapras is pretty mediore, and while vaporeon is decent, the nerf to BP did hurt it.

You might want to consider suicune, who has great bulk, a deadly calm mind set, and higher speed.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Gracias. Now looking to do a sand set. Is Kabutops good for something like that as a water type?

Looking for a good non-water type surfer to partner with water absorb Vaporeon for quick healing
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 18th June 2014 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Moved to correct section
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

Looking for a good non-water type surfer to partner with water absorb Vaporeon for quick healing
    You could try Hydreigon. It's got big SpAtk and Speed and so is effective offensively, and it has a great movepool. It's also immune to Earthquake, which I assume is a big threat if you're playing doubles.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 18th June 2014 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Moved to correct section

Credit goes to Ayra for this. Check out her stuff here.

Hi guys I am new to pokemon so if someone could help me with my team

Charizard Y
    Greninja (protean)
    lucario
    gardevior
    snorlax
    skarmory

all EV trained

Any suggestions? I dont want to be super competitive so I want a team that can put up a fight but be fun to play with too

Quote Originally Posted by bacccfbr View Post

Charizard Y
    Greninja (protean)
    lucario
    gardevior
    snorlax
    skarmory

all EV trained

Any suggestions? I dont want to be super competitive so I want a team that can put up a fight but be fun to play with too
    I suggest you using the "rate my team" thread for this kind of "question".
    Don't forget to post stats/natures/ and move-sets too, the name of the pokemon you are using is often not enough information.
    Anyway, answering your "question", i would suggest changing most of it, to put it simple, it is pretty bad. Try researching a bit before getting into competitive battling.

*Credits to my sister for the Banner made from scratch*
    Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)
    FC: 4527-8908-8969
    IGN: Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by bacccfbr View Post

Charizard Y
    Greninja (protean)
    lucario
    gardevior
    snorlax
    skarmory

all EV trained

Use the RMT thread like Ryuken suggested. But without movesets/natures/abilities/EV spreads/items, etc., it's really hard to give an opinion on this team. All I can really say from looking at it is that if Charizard is your Mega, then get rid of Lucario and Gardevoir. Both are pretty useless if they aren't Mega. I guess Lucario could run Assault Vest, but that's not really a thing that works, honestly.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

What should I run on my Arcanine, max HP or max defense?

Ability: Intimidate
    Item: Expert Belt
    -Wild charge
    -Extreme speed
    -Close Combat
    -Flare Blitz

It has max attack too. I was thinking HP to reduce the issue off all the recoil from wild charge and flare blitz, but defense could help on switch-ins. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Avadon View Post
    What should I run on my Arcanine, max HP or max defense?

Ability: Intimidate
    Item: Expert Belt
    -Wild charge
    -Extreme speed
    -Close Combat
    -Flare Blitz

It has max attack too. I was thinking HP to reduce the issue off all the recoil from wild charge and flare blitz, but defense could help on switch-ins. Any suggestions?? Thanks!
    These questions go in the Competitive Singles RMT Thread.

-------

Is there any use for perish song on an eviolite misdreavus?
    Name: Gingey
    Y friend code 1263 6664 4234

;639;
    ;593;;545;;596;;637;

Quote Originally Posted by NeptuneCloyster View Post
    Is there any use for perish song on an eviolite misdreavus?
    The only time Perish Song is EVER viable is in two situations:

1) You have more than one Pokemon left and the opponent has only one. You send out Eviolite Misdreavus and use Perish Song and allow Misdreavus to die. You win the game.

This is ONLY viable if you know for a fact that your Pokemon can survive 3 turns. You can switch out Misdreavus for something else if you have to. This is also only useful if the opponent's last Pokemon is a stall-y wall that you can't kill, like Chansey or Blissey. Otherwise if you have more than one Pokemon and the opponent has 3, you could probably take it out with an attacking move anyway.

2) You have a Shadow Tag/Arena Trap Pokemon on your team that walls the opposing Pokemon. The most common Shadow Tag users are Mega Gengar and Wobbuffet and the ONLY viable Arena Trap Pokemon is Dugtrio. If you used this set, you would have to send out Misdreavus, use Perish Song, and hope that the opposing Pokemon doesn't switch out first-turn, then switch into your Pokemon with Shadow Tag/Arena Trap for 2 turns. The problem with this set is that Mega Gengar and Dugtrio are both very frail. Wobbuffet can be used as a wall but its low HP stat can be a problem.

It is for the reasons that I listed above that Destiny Bond Focus Sash Gengar is a thing and these sets are not.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 20th June 2014 at 4:40 PM.

-------

One more question: what tier is spiritomb currently in?
    I assume it's not ou, but then, why? I mean it has great defensive stats, good attacking stats, priority in shadow sneak, healing in pain split, which covers his low hp stat, some good coverage moves, only one weakness, the ability to hit through subs, great boosting moves and will o wisp! That's a lot of boons, so can you tell me why he's not really common? he seems great on paper to me, so what are his flaws?
    Name: Gingey
    Y friend code 1263 6664 4234

;639;
    ;593;;545;;596;;637;

I assume it's not ou, but then, why? I mean it has great defensive stats, good attacking stats, priority in shadow sneak, healing in pain split, which covers his low hp stat, some good coverage moves, only one weakness, the ability to hit through subs, great boosting moves and will o wisp! That's a lot of boons, so can you tell me why he's not really common? he seems great on paper to me, so what are his flaws?
    Spiritomb is in RU. He gained a weakness in Gen VI in Fairy, which is a very common attacking move now. Spiritomb is mainly not used because he is outclassed by Sableye, who does the exact same thing as Spiritomb, but does it better because Sableye has Prankster instead of Infiltrator and he has Recover instead of Pain Split. Prankster bypasses Sableye's low speed, and Recover doesn't rely on the other Pokemon being healthy to use it. Plus, Recover gets priority because of Prankster. Spiritomb is so slow and has such low HP that it won't get to do much of anything before it's KO'd. If you were planning on running a Defensive Spiritomb, then it is outclassed by Eviolite Dusclops, who has massively better bulk, and can also Will-O-Wisp/Pain Split with the same Speed stat as Spiritomb. Also, Dusclops' Night Shade is a better attacking move against Ghost counters like Mandibuzz.

-------

I believe he is actually in NU. And mainly, most of what he does other pokemon can do it better, that is what happens with most of lower tier pokemon. And now it pretty much lost its only niche this generation with the introduction of fairy typing.

*Credits to my sister for the Banner made from scratch*
    Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)
    FC: 4527-8908-8969
    IGN: Daniel

He is currently rated on the NU viabliity thread, so I assume he is NU, so you can use him anywhere.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

In addition to all of the above, there's also the fact that Ghost/Dark is actually not that good of a defensive type for a dedicated wall. While it does have the benefit of only 1 weakness (or none if pre-Gen 6), it only resists Poison and has an immunity to Normal, Fighting and Psychic. While immunities are always nice, having only one resistance to a very poor offensive type does it few favors. Unlike Sableye with its Prankster, Spiritomb doesn't have much to make up for the lack of resistances, which has been Spiritomb's downfall.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast