Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Hey, I have a Calm Zapdos with an IV spread of 31/x/31/30/31/x (HP Grass)

What would be the best EV spread for it this generation?
    Moveset-wise, I was thinking Substitute, Roost, Discharge, Toxic/HP Grass, but suggestions are more than welcome.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 3738-0826-8883. In-Game Name: JB, Mii Name: Horus

My Gen VI Trade Shop, JB's Tenacious Depot

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck JB View Post
    Hey, I have a Calm Zapdos with an IV spread of 31/x/31/30/31/x (HP Grass)

What would be the best EV spread for it this generation?
    Moveset-wise, I was thinking Substitute, Roost, Discharge, Toxic/HP Grass, but suggestions are more than welcome.
    With calm nature, a defensive set would be ideal, obviously a special defensive set, i`ld say 252hp/252sp def. As far as a moveset, i`ld go toxic, roost, discharge, hp grass/roar as substitute is mildy useful on defensive sets, while roar is generally superior on stallish teams, while hp grass is nice on balanced teams due, allowing it to muscle through what will be checks such as swampert and gastrodon.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    With calm nature, a defensive set would be ideal, obviously a special defensive set, i`ld say 252hp/252sp def. As far as a moveset, i`ld go toxic, roost, discharge, hp grass/roar as substitute is mildy useful on defensive sets, while roar is generally superior on stallish teams, while hp grass is nice on balanced teams due, allowing it to muscle through what will be checks such as swampert and gastrodon.
    Thanks for the tips! My instinct was a purely defensive spread, but I wasn't thinking as simply as 252/252!
    I was planning on sticking this in a Mono Flying team, so do you think it's worth running some Sp. atk EVs to allow HP Grass to deal with Rotom-W, or would he be too weak either way?
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 3738-0826-8883. In-Game Name: JB, Mii Name: Horus

My Gen VI Trade Shop, JB's Tenacious Depot

Does anyone have any knowledge on how to Slowbro? This will be for my battle Tower Team I posted on the previous page. However with a key difference.

Anyways, Slowbro exists just to take a hit from bulky physical attackers/ any Sweepers. My Gengar is rather frail, so if I don't think I can OTK and be OTK'd in return, I'll switch to bro. (Plus he can take Stab Dragon and other team mate super effectives.

Anyways, for Slowbro I was thinking along the lines of

Bold/ 252/0/252/0/04/0 Leftovers Regenerator

Scald
    Ice Beam
    Grass Knot
    Slack Off

Or a Assault Vest
    Same
    Psyshock instead of Slack Off

I have a Gengar with gengarite

Shadow Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast

A Choice Band Dragonite
    Aqua Jet
    Outrage
    Fire Punch
    Earthquake
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 9th November 2013 at 9:30 PM.

3DS FC: 3797-7121-7439

IGN: Amagidyne: Y Version: English

IGN: Amagidyne: X Version: Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by Amagidyne View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge on how to Slowbro? This will be for my battle Tower Team I posted on the previous page. However with a key difference.

Anyways, for Slowbro I was thinking along the lines of

Bold/ 252/0/252/0/04/0 Leftovers Regenerator

Scald
    Ice Beam
    Grass Knot
    Slack Off

Or a Assault Vest
    Same
    Psyshock instead of Slack Off

I have a Gengar with gengarite

Shadow Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast

A Choice Band Dragonite
    Aqua Jet
    Outrage
    Fire Punch
    Earthquake

Hmm, Assault Vest Slowbro... With Regenerator that's not a half bad idea to be honest, but I don't think his Sp. Atk is high enough for that. I'd go with a Calm Mind set, but that's just personal preference.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Bold - Regenerator
    252 Defence, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def
    -Calm Mind
    -Slack Off
    -Scald
    -Psyshock

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

What Counters Slowbro?

Ok, I will need Psyshock for sure. And Slack off. Ice Beam needs to stay (Remember this is a synergistic team)

Anyways, I can either go Grass Knot to destroy Bulky Waters or go Calm Mind. W/ Leftovers/Regenerator/Bold/ HP/DEF

Slack Off
    Psyshock
    Ice Beam
    Calm Mind/ Grass Knot

EDIT: I miss Moonblast soooo much. It does the work of Ice Beam AND Psyshock
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 9th November 2013 at 10:06 PM.

Your set is going to be a little hard to switch into, especially with Calm Mind Boosts but Scizor eats it up since you lack water or fire moves [this isn't a problem although I think they provide good coverage for him, I'd say the ideal se tfor CM Slowbro is Scald/Psyshock, your current one lets steels switch in pretty easily; Scizor is a big one here]. Aside from that, Slowbro is pretty hard to kill but any strong specially biased electric or grass types can hit it very hard before a CM boost, think like Mega Manectric, Heliolisk, Offensive Celebi. Strong physical hitters like Tyranitar w/ Choice Band and Scizor with Choice Band pose a threat, especially since your set doesn't have scald. Basically just look out for anything with strong special atk with super effective STAB vs Slowbro, or something extremely strong physical attack wise that can outspeed slowbro and has se stab vs it.

If I'm planning on using Dynamicpunch on Metagross (don't try to talk me out of the move, my mind is made up), would this setup work?

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Adamant nature
    252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Sp Def
    -Meteor Mash
    -Ice Punch
    -Dynamicpunch
    -Hone Claws

Quote Originally Posted by Honus View Post
    Your set is going to be a little hard to switch into, especially with Calm Mind Boosts but Scizor eats it up since you lack water or fire moves [this isn't a problem although I think they provide good coverage for him, I'd say the ideal se tfor CM Slowbro is Scald/Psyshock, your current one lets steels switch in pretty easily; Scizor is a big one here]. Aside from that, Slowbro is pretty hard to kill but any strong specially biased electric or grass types can hit it very hard before a CM boost, think like Mega Manectric, Heliolisk, Offensive Celebi. Strong physical hitters like Tyranitar w/ Choice Band and Scizor with Choice Band pose a threat, especially since your set doesn't have scald. Basically just look out for anything with strong special atk with super effective STAB vs Slowbro, or something extremely strong physical attack wise that can outspeed slowbro and has se stab vs it.
    Thank you for your suggestions!

I've switched around the rest of my team. I'm now set to destroy!!! ahahahahahahahahahahahah

My settled Slowbro Set

Regenerator
    Bold
    252/0/252/0/4/0
    Leftovers

Calm Mind
    Psyshock
    Scald
    Slack Off

My Game Plan:
    Can I sweep with Gengar?
    Yes ----> Sweep
    No -----> Switch to Bro

Once I have Bro out I eliminate or damage the threat enough for Gengar or Dragonite to proceed, and then continue the pattern.

Switch and repeat

I've just switched my team around. Hahahahahah. Take this yah battle maison losers!

Dragonite
    Fire Punch
    Outrage
    Thunder Punch
    Earthquake

Gengar
    Dazzling Beam
    Energy Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Focus Blast
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 10th November 2013 at 5:57 AM.

I have a Goodra with max Defense and Special Defense, and I'm wondering if I should use three attack moves and Substitute with a random item, maybe like Leftovers
    Or should I have 3 attack moves, and put an Assault Vest on the Goodra, and make the fourth move a random attack move, maybe such as Dragon Tail or something?
    3DS FC: 4871-3342-0587

Safari Type

Spoiler:- CANNOT BE UNSEEN:

I need help guys!
    my team:
    Mega charizard X-adamant
    mega gardevoir-timid
    aegislash-adamant
    hawlucha-jolly
    greninja-timid
    so who should be my sixth member? I want this team to be used competitively so I need help guys!
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    I need help guys!
    my team:
    Mega charizard X-adamant
    mega gardevoir-timid
    aegislash-adamant
    hawlucha-jolly
    greninja-timid
    so who should be my sixth member? I want this team to be used competitively so I need help guys!
    Keep in mind that you can only use one Mega per match, so either Charizard or Gardevoir will be mostly dead weight. I suggest switching Mega Gardevoir for a Togekiss right off the bat.

As for your sixth member, you have a serious Talonflame weakness. This could be remedied easily with a Tyranitar, but it does compound weaknesses with Greninja. You could also put a Zygarde on here and that could patch up stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    Keep in mind that you can only use one Mega per match, so either Charizard or Gardevoir will be mostly dead weight. I suggest switching Mega Gardevoir for a Togekiss right off the bat.

As for your sixth member, you have a serious Talonflame weakness. This could be remedied easily with a Tyranitar, but it does compound weaknesses with Greninja. You could also put a Zygarde on here and that could patch up stuff.
    should I take out greninja then? and add two other different pokemon? if so which ones? Also I want to do two teams one with mega charizard x and another with mega blaziken. so who should be the 5 other members?

should I take out greninja then? and add two other different pokemon? if so which ones? Also I want to do two teams one with mega charizard x and another with mega blaziken. so who should be the 5 other members?

Just so you know, if your goal is a competitive team, you have already failed. A team supports itself through synergy. You have a group of independently competitive Pokemon who will not be able to cover for each other or provide support when needed. What I'm trying to say is that team building is an art. I'm still learning it after years of Pogeymanz.

Anyways for your team since you appear to love Charizard.

Remove greninja
    Remove gardevoir

You then have Charizard Dragon/Ground/ Fire
    Aegislash Ghost/Fighting
    Hawlucha Flying/ Fighting/ Ground
    Tyranitar/Tyrantum Rock/Ground/ Most things

Try Togekiss Flying/ Fighting/ Fairy For ground/ Dragon immunities.

( I agree with the Imposter on Togekiss and Tyranitar)

I'd suggest you go for a Special Sweeper. Try Starmie. Boltbeam coverage is nice.

Yawn.... Greninja's type weakness is of no consequence most of the time. #Protean He's just underwhelming in general, but fun as heck to play with.
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 11th November 2013 at 6:26 AM.

and for the mega blaziken team?
    also is adamant good for aegislash?
    also what natures for tyranitar and togekiss and what abilities should I choose?
    since I want two teams one with mega charizard and one with mega blaziken, what should be the five members for mega blaziken?
    Last edited by shadowF; 11th November 2013 at 6:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitt View Post
    I have a Goodra with max Defense and Special Defense, and I'm wondering if I should use three attack moves and Substitute with a random item, maybe like Leftovers
    Or should I have 3 attack moves, and put an Assault Vest on the Goodra, and make the fourth move a random attack move, maybe such as Dragon Tail or something?
    Heehee, Get rid of your Defense Evs, shove them into attack and then go for like "moveset below" If you REALLY want to use the Assualt Vest. Mixed Wall would be better with Substitute? I doubt it would work correctly as there are much better users imo. Like users who have a form of recovery.

Earthquake
    Power Whip
    Rockslide
    Outrage

No Pokemon resist this set btw. Good luck.
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 11th November 2013 at 6:53 AM.

and for the mega blaziken team?
    also is adamant good for aegislash?
    also what natures for tyranitar and togekiss and what abilities should I choose?
    since I want two teams one with mega charizard and one with mega blaziken, what should be the five members for mega blaziken?
    brave is better for Aegislash, as for tyranitar, use whatever set your team needs. Same with togekiss. I don't have your movesets/ IV/ EV spread

Use Sand Stream for T Tar Usually Adamant or Bold, idc
    Use Serene Grace with Togekiss Modest Nature

Blaziken
    Tyranitar
    Togekiss
    Possibly a Dragon
    Special Sweeper
    Utility

Remove greninja
    Gardevoir
    Hawlucha

You had too many redundant Pokemon on your team man Like The Imposter said, a Pokemon like Talonflame could wreck you.
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 11th November 2013 at 6:52 AM.

brave is better for Aegislash, as for tyranitar, use whatever set your team needs. Same with togekiss. I don't have your movesets/ IV/ EV spread

Use Sand Stream for T Tar Usually Adamant or Bold, idc
    Use Serene Grace with Togekiss Modest Nature

Blaziken
    Tyranitar
    Togekiss
    Possibly a Dragon
    Special Sweeper
    Utility

Remove greninja
    Gardevoir
    Hawlucha

You had too many redundant Pokemon on your team man Like The Imposter said, a Pokemon like Talonflame could wreck you.
    so even charizard I am going to have to remove?

Charizard dies to pebbles, there's a reason why he was NU last gen. I wouldn't use him without his Mega Stone online.

sorry I meant mega charizard. so it seems I have to remove hawlucha,greninja, gardevoir and mega charizard? also possibly aegislash?

sorry I meant mega charizard. so it seems I have to remove hawlucha,greninja, gardevoir and mega charizard? also possibly aegislash?
    You can use Mega Charizard if you are planning on doing 3 vs 3's. I thought you were talking about 6 vs 6s.

You were asking for- competitively, It's best to never double up similar types. Due to similar weaknesses.
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 11th November 2013 at 7:11 AM.

yeah six on six. I want two teams though one with mega charizard x and one with mega blaziken. any suggestions on both teams?

Oh lol, you misunderstand me, what I gave you was a blue print for a great competitive team using Mega Blaziken. That was for your Blaziken set, my first post for you was toward your Charizard set.

Your Pokemon didn't really mesh well with Blaziken Imo. Although this is purely from an ultra competitive stand point. Like playing the ladder on Pokemon Showdown good.

Oh lol, you misunderstand me, what I gave you was a blue print for a great competitive team using Mega Blaziken. That was for your Blaziken set, my first post for you was toward your Charizard set.

Your Pokemon didn't really mesh well with Blaziken Imo. Although this is purely from an ultra competitive stand point. Like playing the ladder on Pokemon Showdown good.
    okay. so I should have togekiss and tyranitar on both teams?

If you'd like, I personally wouldn't because I hate them. Lol. Tyranitar, Togekiss and Blaziken are a match made in heaven though.

Anyways, I'm really sorry because I know I sound harsh, but you can't win competitively with all of your favorites.
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 11th November 2013 at 7:19 AM.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast