Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

so what team should I use for competitive? I said mega blaziken because I heard people say its stats were now ridiculous.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

I'm sorry, I double posted

anyways one sec

Edit: Speedboost Blaziken is ridiculous by itself. The Megastone doesn't do much to change it, as for example, a life orb would allow Blaziken to do more damage, just protect first turn and sweep.

You can use whatever Pokemon you like, eventually you will experiment and find Pokemon that work for you.
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 11th November 2013 at 7:24 AM.

3DS FC: 3797-7121-7439

IGN: Amagidyne: Y Version: English

IGN: Amagidyne: X Version: Spanish

okay thank you!
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

For consideration in OU, would a sweeper Mega Gardevoir be a waste compared to a tanky support non-Mega Gardevoir?

It's a waste of a Mega Slot yes. Right now atleast. Everyone keeps going on about how when Pokebank comes out, Hyper Voice will completely wreck everything. so if you want an offensive Gardevoir- wait until then.

When will there be an IGRMT Section for Gen IV? Specifically somewhere for Battle Maison teams

I caught a Shiny Trapinch yesterday and I would like to EV train it. I'm just not sure what stats to train it in or if I should bother training it at all. Here's its info:

Trapinch (Female) LV. 26

Gentle, Likes to run

Ability: Hyper Cutter

59 HP

Attack: 61
    Defense: 28
    Sp. Atk: 33
    SP. Def: 35
    Speed: 15

Moves:

Mud-Slap
    Bide
    Bulldoze
    Rock Slide

Any help would be appreciated! Possible movesets, items, etc. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dementedspace View Post
    I caught a Shiny Trapinch yesterday and I would like to EV train it. I'm just not sure what stats to train it in or if I should bother training it at all. Here's its info:

Trapinch (Female) LV. 26

Gentle, Likes to run

Ability: Hyper Cutter

59 HP

Attack: 61
    Defense: 28
    Sp. Atk: 33
    SP. Def: 35
    Speed: 15

Moves:

Mud-Slap
    Bide
    Bulldoze
    Rock Slide

Any help would be appreciated! Possible movesets, items, etc. Thank you!
    Sorry, you really lost the draw with this one. The only IV it has above 20 is Special Defense and it's not like it'll be doing much with that. Gentle Nature is also really sucky. If you intend to use it in the Maison, it should be OK with a standard Scarf set, but it won't be much help in multiplayer. A real shame because it's so fun to flaunt shinies in multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    Sorry, you really lost the draw with this one. The only IV it has above 20 is Special Defense and it's not like it'll be doing much with that. Gentle Nature is also really sucky. If you intend to use it in the Maison, it should be OK with a standard Scarf set, but it won't be much help in multiplayer. A real shame because it's so fun to flaunt shinies in multiplayer.
    Aww, that's too bad. Maybe I'll MM for a better one in the future. Thanks for your help!

I would really like to make a team to setup for a Cloyster sweep, but I'm unsure of what would make a good core for it. Some that come to mind are Gliscor, Mega Venasaur, Lati@s, and of course some sort of spinner. Any thoughts would be appreciated
    FC: 4468-2026-1764
    Click the Userbar to see a list of Pokemon for trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt2 View Post
    I would really like to make a team to setup for a Cloyster sweep, but I'm unsure of what would make a good core for it. Some that come to mind are Gliscor, Mega Venasaur, Lati@s, and of course some sort of spinner. Any thoughts would be appreciated
    Cloyster really hates hazards, so a spinner is recommended. It likes SR on the other side to get crucial KOs, so RS is preferred over Defog in this instance. Forretress has pretty good synergy with Cloyster as a spinner and setter. A Talonflame or Extreme Speed user helps to get rid of opposing priority. Ways of dealing with physical titans are also helpful.

Adding to the above, Espeon is another fantastic partner to Cloyster, providing Dual Screens for an easier set up.

I find Landorus-T makes a great Cloyster parter thanks to his Ground typing letting him laugh off Electric moves and luring in Ice moves that Cloyster can set up on, while also setting up Stealth Rock and Intimidating opponents, making it easier for Cloyster to set up his Shell Smash. Espeon can set up dual Screens and bounce back opposing hazards, so he's worth a look into.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Is Jolly a good nature for Talonflame?

I got a Japanese, Jolly, Gale Wings Fletchling with 31 Attack and Speed IVs over the GTS. Is it worth training, or should I breed for an Adamant one?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post

I got a Japanese, Jolly, Gale Wings Fletchling with 31 Attack and Speed IVs over the GTS. Is it worth training, or should I breed for an Adamant one?
    It's not a bad nature. I personally prefer Adamant since its already high speed combined with priority via Gale Wings allows it to benefit from the extra power of Adamant. But I'm not really a math person so I lack the numbers to back that up. It's viable but largely up to personal preference if you'd rather it be Jolly or Adamant.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post

It's not bad, but one thing you could do is get an Adamant Pokemon in the same egg group (Or Ditto if it's male) and give that Pokemon an Everstone. Then give your Talonflame a Destiny Knot and breed until the Attack and Speed TVs get passed down.

I have a timid protean Frogadier what is a good moveset for him and what other pokemon can I associate with him to get a balanced team ?
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those

Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by Ze DreamGirl View Post
    I have a timid protean Frogadier what is a good moveset for him and what other pokemon can I associate with him to get a balanced team ?

Greninja @ Life Orb
    Timid - Protean
    252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Grass Knot
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam

You'll want someone who doesn't care about Mach Punch users and can go toe to toe with strong Fighting types (immediately Aegislash and Gengar come to mind), as well as a good defensive pivot since Greninja isn't very bulky. I think Aegislash is very qualified for both of those roles.
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 12th November 2013 at 12:02 PM.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    When will there be an IGRMT Section for Gen IV? Specifically somewhere for Battle Maison teams
    I'd also like to see an answer to this, both a competitive one and in-game. Mods?

And so this post isn't totally dead weight, does anyone have any experience using LO Noivern as a revenge killer in OU? I feel like he wouldn't be strong enough without Specs, but something else on the team I'm trying to fit him onto is already using Specs and can't give it up. I'm thinking Draco Meteor, Boomblast or whatever it's called, Hurricane and Roost/filler.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I'd also like to see an answer to this, both a competitive one and in-game. Mods?

And so this post isn't totally dead weight, does anyone have any experience using LO Noivern as a revenge killer in OU? I feel like he wouldn't be strong enough without Specs, but something else on the team I'm trying to fit him onto is already using Specs and can't give it up. I'm thinking Draco Meteor, Boomblast or whatever it's called, Hurricane and Roost/filler.
    No point in it when there are stronger, faster [better] revenge killers like Garchomp and Keldeo when you slap a choice scarf on them, that aren't SR weak. Noivern is a cool Pokemon but not a very good revenge killer for OU.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    IGRMT has nothing to do with the competitive section so you won't find an answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    IGRMT has nothing to do with the competitive section so you won't find an answer here.
    Well what about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post

Also when are we going to get a 6th Generation CRMT section?

I'm looking for some good Pokebank OU partners for a Mega Kangaskhan. Obviously Fighting types who resist Sucker Punch would be an issue, so I'm probably going to slap an Aegislash or a Talonflame on there to insure against Fighting types, but I'm not sure about the rest.

I'm currently running 160 HP/252 Atk/96 Spe Adamant, if that EV spread could be tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ciel View Post
    Adding to the above, Espeon is another fantastic partner to Cloyster, providing Dual Screens for an easier set up.
    XD, I got thrashed a lot last gen due to dual screen Espeon + Cloyster. Sun Sweepers rely on on hitting first, as they often have paltry defenses.

Rock AND Ice annihilate Sun Teams. Even Rotom Wash can't take many hits from the beast. :0

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Well what about this?
    That's actually answered in the Competitive Forums Suggestion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    A RMT forum will not be established till there is a metagame in Gen VI.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast