Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    That's actually answered in the Competitive Forums Suggestion Thread.
    Except there is a metagame for Generation 6. Granted it's still a very formative metagame but a metagame nonetheless.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Except there is a metagame for Generation 6. Granted it's still a very formative metagame but a metagame nonetheless.
    I believe Ragnarok is referring to a more formally established metagame, though I suppose it's not clear enough in that post. I'm not the one making the rules, though, so I wouldn't know for sure.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

A Gen VI CRMT will come along with the other things I requested to get done. The forum was going to come earlier but stuff happens.

I also can't enable forums either so that's as much as everyone is getting.

Don't pester other mods to get it enabled.
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 12th November 2013 at 10:27 PM.

can i ask a good tyranitar set here?

i have 6IV adamant tyranitar with DD Pursuit and SR

can someone advised me on whats the best ev for it thanks

Hi, May I ask your opinion what pokemons(3 if possible) will complement with Weavile, Noivern, and Tyrantrum in a team. It does not have to be an exact pokemon. Type, ability or usage like for example sweepers or stallers etc. Thank you very much

As I promised, I lost at battle number 34 in the Battle Maison due to me being dumb with Dragonite (I thought Weaville was banded) and Weaville's impossible critical(s) on my bro. Back to square one >.>

Edit: I'm completely redesigning my team. Like always, I'll post my results when I'm finished.

I was thinking along the lines of Gyrados, Mawhile, and Goodra.
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 13th November 2013 at 10:40 PM.

3DS FC: 3797-7121-7439

IGN: Amagidyne: Y Version: English

IGN: Amagidyne: X Version: Spanish

Just a quick question... Which is better in overall battling? Mega Ampharos or Mega Scizor? I'm aware Mega Ampharos has better stats overall, but I'm not sure if it's as good as mega scizor competitively...
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Clearly Mega Ampharos has been sharing its beauty secrets with Altaria.

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    Just a quick question... Which is better in overall battling? Mega Ampharos or Mega Scizor? I'm aware Mega Ampharos has better stats overall, but I'm not sure if it's as good as mega scizor competitively...
    It honestly depends on the role you want it to fill. They are both bulky tanks, but Mega Scizor is more suited to boosted sweeping while Amphy is a better pivot. It's your choice, but I recommend mega Scizor.

“Oh, and I certainly don't suffer from schizophrenia. I quite enjoy it. And so do I.”
    - Emilie Autumn

can someone describe the process of breeding in order to obtain perfect IV's once you get a friend safari ditto
    X and Y Friend Code: 2079-7318-8031

Quote Originally Posted by lilchiz34 View Post
    can someone describe the process of breeding in order to obtain perfect IV's once you get a friend safari ditto
    Sure thing, I Always begin with a Pokemon with at least 2 IVs in desired stats.

I take the ability I want into account, if it's hidden, I have to procure one.

I then check if I would like any egg moves, and then procure the Poke with the egg moves I want, say Dusclops with Disable or Smeargle with Wish.

I then breed the Egg Move onto my primary target Mon.

Breed the target mon with the ditto with the correct nature.

Give your mon an Everstone

Find a ditto with max IVs on a stats you want/ give it a Destiny Knot.

Breeding tips/ Have a Pokemon preferably with Flame Body/ Talonflame.

Use/beg for hatch power.

breed until you have a baby with the correct nature/ gender that you can use to replace the parent.

You can check for IVs with the Male Ace Trainer in Kiloude City,

Outstanding 250+ total IVs (around)
    Superior 220-250 total IVs

Above Average
    Decent

If he mentions a stat for being low, it's at zero. If he mentions that a stat can't be beat, it's at 31.

Eventually, you will have the perfect Pokemon

Getting from 4 IVs to 5 IVs is usually more luck based.

Breeding with a foreign (different language) Pokemon gives you a 6x chance at getting a shiny.

breeding with a Pokemon from the same species improves the copulation rate.

Breeding with a Pokemon with a different OT does as well.

Have Fun.

3DS FC: 3797-7121-7439

IGN: Amagidyne: Y Version: English

IGN: Amagidyne: X Version: Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    In the current metagame, mega scizor is far better with is superior bulk and access to recovery, as well as its ability to function in different roles such as an offensive pivot, defogger, or a sweeper with mild changes to its move set, but is often depended on bullet punch more than normal scizor, while mega ampharos is just to slow and weak to common threats such as excadrill, hippowdon, and florges to effectively do its job.

Hello! I'm new to the scene I guess, I've played pokemon for years, but this competitive stuff is brand new to me.

I've never dealt with ivs/evs, so im not even going to mention those.

I'm making a semi-competitive team; a team with competitive themes but mainly in battle spot and against friends.

I've pieced together what I've learned, and I've made a few ideas for a team.

Just letting you guys know, I want my team to not have any legendaries or starters, and to try to aim for pokemon that are effective against fighting types, particularly lucario.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Confirmed

Gastrodon:
    Gastrodon is one of my favorites, and has only one weakness, Grass. Even though it is a 4x weakness, it is not used commonly enough to be a major threat imo. I don't know how you veterans think about 4x weaknesses, but gastrodon is most likely staying around.

Item: Leftovers

Ability: Storm Drain

Moves:

- Earthquake/ Earth Power
    - Scald/ Surf
    - Recover
    - Hidden Power Fire/ Ice Beam

Eelektross: A lamprey-thing that has not a single weakness. Regardless of how you stand on gastrodon's 4x weakness, you cannot argue here. That being said, I have been warned against the move smack down, although most teams rarely have that move.

Item: Expert Band

Ability: Levitate

Moves

-Thunderbolt
    -Flamethrower
    -Aqua Tail
    -Drain Punch

------------------------------------------------------------------

Roles

Tank ( Aggron or Steelix):
    I already have two attackers, now I need a damage sponge. Aggron is a great attacker as well, and can become Mega Aggron. Steelix has a crapload of defense, and unlike aggron it does not have ten thousand weaknesses. I will update this with moves and abilities once I figure out which I will choose.

Flying Type (Volcorona or Skarmory): Simple, fighting types are weak to flying, and I need a fly slave. Volcorona is a great attacker and is not too slow. However, it is quite frail and honestly will die to any water or rock type move. Skarmory has excellent defense and multiple resistances, but is on the slow side and has a small amount of damage output.

Weed or Leaf (Dragalge or Kingdra): IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK. They are both based on sea dragons, both weedy and leafy, I just forget which is which. I love them both, but I cannot have both. Dragalge is my favorite in this generation, and deals with those pesky fairies. Kingdra is also excellent. Honestly, if I cannot find a sixth I will have both .

Random (Houndoom, Scolipede, Sandslash, Musharna): Well. I have an extra slot as you can see. Houndoom is good for getting rid of pesky psychics and gengars, Scolipede is a personal favorite and takes out fairies, Sandslash is SHINY, Musharna is an excellent support. Of course, Kingdra or Dragalge could also take this place.

can I get a rate on my mienshao?
    4 max ivs (atk,def,spd,speed) jolly nature
    fakeout
    fling(kings rock)
    U-turn
    high jump kick

I'm thinking of running a team that uses a tankier variant of an offensive boosting Diggersby on my team and I was wondering if anyone had ideas for some mon's that could work well with him. I really have no idea where to start. I'm thinking something along the lines of Mega Gengar, and or a special Greninja. I'm sure once I actually get a start on what I should be looking for i'll be fine, I just need ideas to get me started and the Diggersby topic on Smogon really doesn't list any good supporting mon's aside from entry hazards and RS. Something that should be on, ya know, most teams. [We really should get a Diggersby topic going on in here.]

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    I'm thinking of running a team that uses a tankier variant of an offensive boosting Diggersby on my team and I was wondering if anyone had ideas for some mon's that could work well with him. I really have no idea where to start. I'm thinking something along the lines of Mega Gengar, and or a special Greninja. I'm sure once I actually get a start on what I should be looking for i'll be fine, I just need ideas to get me started and the Diggersby topic on Smogon really doesn't list any good supporting mon's aside from entry hazards and RS. Something that should be on, ya know, most teams. [We really should get a Diggersby topic going on in here.]
    Tankier and Diggersby don't really go together. With 85/77/77 and piss poor defensive typing he's better off investing in his Attack, a bit of Speed, and the rest dumped into HP. IIRC the standard Diggersby spread is 188 HP / 252 Attack / 64 Speed. Even with the HP investment you don't really want him taking many hits, as he's outsped and 2HKO'd by a lot. Tentacruel strikes me as a decent partner to Diggersby, although I don't think he's released yet.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Question

Hello. I looked around and it seems this topic would be the most appropriate for me to post on (if not, sorry in advance). I'm new to competitive (video game) Pokemon and would love for a helping hand from a player or guild on competitive team building.

I'm up to speed on breeding but need to understand what 'mon I want/should go for and how to develop them (sets). I've competed at a high level in other games and look to continue that trend here. Just need a little guidance especially since the last Pokemon I played was Silver, heh. Many of the terminology, pokemon, abilities, etc are still new to me. Any reference links are also welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockway View Post
    Hello. I looked around and it seems this topic would be the most appropriate for me to post on (if not, sorry in advance). I'm new to competitive (video game) Pokemon and would love for a helping hand from a player or guild on competitive team building.

I'm up to speed on breeding but need to understand what 'mon I want/should go for and how to develop them (sets). I've competed at a high level in other games and look to continue that trend here. Just need a little guidance especially since the last Pokemon I played was Silver, heh. Many of the terminology, pokemon, abilities, etc are still new to me. Any reference links are also welcome.

Thanks for reading.
    I haven't updated the teambuilding guide for 6th gen yet, but the 5th gen one should be a good basic start, just use the 6th gen threat guide with it
    5th gen teambuilding guide - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...g-Ins-and-Outs
    6th gen threat guide - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Y-Threat-Guide

Tankier and Diggersby don't really go together. With 85/77/77 and piss poor defensive typing he's better off investing in his Attack, a bit of Speed, and the rest dumped into HP. IIRC the standard Diggersby spread is 188 HP / 252 Attack / 64 Speed. Even with the HP investment you don't really want him taking many hits, as he's outsped and 2HKO'd by a lot. Tentacruel strikes me as a decent partner to Diggersby, although I don't think he's released yet.
    Well by tankier I mean having a bit more survivability. My friend last night on skype gave me some ideas he said he had seen on some channel that he gets sets from. I don't really want to go standard because everyone will be using it. But yeah, this is still in the thinking stage, I just have to try it and see if it works.

Adamant @ Lefovers
    Huge Power
    232 HP/252 ATK/24SPE
    Swords Dance
    Quick attack
    EQ
    Stone edge

The other set that's kinda different would be something like

Adamant @ Choice Band
    252ATK / 252 SPE / 4SpD
    Quick attack / Return
    EQ
    U-turn
    Stone Edge

I'm just not sure what would be the most effective. Tentacruel might be nice. I would be testing it on Pokebank so it really wouldn't matter. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the tips.

Tentacruel strikes me as a decent partner to Diggersby, although I don't think he's released yet.
    Actually, it is released and readily available for use. Not that it really matters when most people use PokeBank OU to test things, but I digress.

Personally, I prefer a CB Diggersby over SD, reminiscent of the CB Azumarill of yesteryear. Diggersby's got a few problems IMO that stop him from being an effective SD sweeper, the most notable of which is the number of common weaknesses he has, and his meager speed. I find he has difficult setting up (barring switching into Electric types who aren't carrying HP Ice), and isn't hard to revenge kill given he's easy to outspeed, and doesn't resist any priority outside of Shadow Sneak. His reliance on Quick Attack to check faster threats can also be easily explited, most notably by Gengar who laughs at both STABs and threatens it with Focus Blast.

But that's just me.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

has it been confirmed that mega gengar and mega blaziken are banned from competitive battling? also what would be the best moveset for mega charizard X?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    has it been confirmed that mega gengar and mega blaziken are banned from competitive battling? also what would be the best moveset for mega charizard X?
    So far It looks like it's only Blaziken that's banned from OU. My guess would be that includes MBlaziken. Least I don't see Gengar on this list. I know last time I looked at the list a few days ago Blaziken wasn't on there and now he is. In fact looking at the edit date it looks as if he was just added. But if you're wondering here is the thread for the banlist on Smogon thus far:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...nlist.3491371/

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    So far It looks like it's only Blaziken that's banned from OU. My guess would be that includes MBlaziken. Least I don't see Gengar on this list. I know last time I looked at the list a few days ago Blaziken wasn't on there and now he is. In fact looking at the edit date it looks as if he was just added. But if you're wondering here is the thread for the banlist on Smogon thus far:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...nlist.3491371/
    Thank You! also what is the best moveset for a adamant mega charizard X?

Thank You! also what is the best moveset for a adamant mega charizard X?
    You're best off with a standard Dragon Dance set along the lines of DD l Flare Blitz/Fire Punch l Dragon Claw l Earthquake.

“Oh, and I certainly don't suffer from schizophrenia. I quite enjoy it. And so do I.”
    - Emilie Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    You're best off with a standard Dragon Dance set along the lines of DD l Flare Blitz/Fire Punch l Dragon Claw l Earthquake.
    the thing is though dragon dance can only learn with breeding. so should i switch it with sword dance?

the thing is though dragon dance can only learn with breeding. so should i switch it with sword dance?
    Everstone can be used to pass down the nature of the Pokemon. Breed with a Ditto until you get a female and then breed Dragon Dance onto the baby.

- Emilie Autumn

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast