Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Love on Serebii?

HOLY CRUD! 49 replies in ONE day?!?

Thank you so much! Stop reading and get to posting again. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf Claw View Post
    gosh why do people do this (meincluded) I mean, there's like a 95% chance none of these relationships will actually go anywhere. I mean , i remember once some girl confessed to me on the interwebz, and I went along with the relationship for the lulz at the beginning (I'm horrible I know, pls bb insult me more) but then I actually started liking her and then she actually found a guy she really liked irl and I cried for like 5 hours alone in my room and it was not a pretty sight. e-relationships suck. women suck. which is why i only go after men now for the most part.

none of this made any sense, but I guess that's the entirety of my online dating life
    Okay uhm I realize I really worded this incorrectly, especially what I bolded. And I feel bad for qording it like that, so I apologize to everyone who I may have offended with this statement. Not ALL women suck, because there are a ton of really great females out there. What I meant to say is that most of the women in my life, that I have to deal with on a daily basis suck. Not any of you people on serebii or whatever so haha again I'm sorry for not wording that the way I should have.

I don't think I come on here enough to meet people but I did meet boyfriend of 4+ years on a Beyblade website....and that has to be at least as equally lame and dorky lol. Probably moreso.

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1400 REs ##### X - Route 10 - 600 REs

I had a Serebii office wife for a little while. We ran a club together, got to be decent friends of facebook. But of course, that was as far as it went.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I'm probably too cynical to believe in love/get in a relationship.

You know... *Queue Forever Alone meme*

I don't intend to offend anyone, but relationships at a young age are a waste of time. I've got other things to do, like work on a Science Fair Project... And try to get all A's in school...
    Trainer name: Liam (I'm usually up for casual battles now...)

Friend Codes Pearl: 5113 7483 6924 White: 0562 7412 3100
    "While working on my PokéDex, I looked all over for Pokémon. Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type. And now... I'm the Pokémon League Champion! Red! Do you know what that means? I'll tell you. I am the most powerful Trainer in the world!"
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2jdqr5x.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    You have to work for it. And when I say "work," I mean literally work.

Oh, wait. I just looked at you're profile. You're 12. lol Never mind.
    I'm 12. ._.

Well, I wouldn't work for a plane ticket anyway, because I don't really like airplanes. Even if there's someone important on the other side.
    So that I don't have to eat medicine for my motion sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Caster View Post
    I'm probably too cynical to believe in love/get in a relationship.

You know... *Queue Forever Alone meme*

I don't intend to offend anyone, but relationships at a young age are a waste of time. I've got other things to do, like work on a Science Fair Project... And try to get all A's in school...
    My thoughts when I see relationships on Serebii through my stalker board.

Do we not have something better to do?

Obviously not or we wouldn't waste our lives on the internet in relationships that never amount to anything like 90% of the time. Some people just want love in any form they can get it in. (Sounds kinda sad and it usually is aha)
    And then they can't get on the internet anymore.
    Or one side no longer cares.

And then now we have depressed people who may cry themselves to sleep everyday. No offense, but just know the worst case situation.
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 11th September 2013 at 2:21 AM.

Real girlfriends > Internet girlfriends

true story.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure SolarFlyte™ View Post
    I'm 12. ._.

Well, I wouldn't work for a plane ticket anyway, because I don't really like airplanes. Motion sickness.

My thoughts when I see relationships on Serebii through my stalker board.

Obviously not or we wouldn't waste our lives on the internet in relationships that never amount to anything like 90% of the time. Some people just want love in any form they can get it in. (Sounds kinda sad and it usually is aha)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    This thread makes me think of Dattebayo for some strange reason.
    Oh God, it does.

Lord knows how lonely I am these days, but I haven't shown any interest in anyone on this site. I have admired some users, but that's about it. I may have been hit on by one or two people in the past, but I haven't seen them around in a long time, so... yeah. I don't like being hit on to begin with, so to get PMs implying that they're hitting on me makes me cringe.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure SolarFlyte™ View Post
    It's not like most people on here actually set out looking for someone to date. When you get to be such close friends with someone, even if it is on sereiiforums.com, you start to develop feelings for them just as you would with anyone in real life. They don't always have to be romantic feelings, but sometimes they are.

And it's the time we waste, swallowed into space. . . .

What is love? Answer: Baby don't hurt me.
    Seems too dorky to me in all honesty.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

What, is online love not real enough for you? ;/

This is why I don't go out and state "I've been in an online relationship" in real life, because people end up viewing it as some form of desperation... And I really hate that. The feelings involved are just as real as any "real life" relationship. Which is PLENTY of justifaction to try for a relationship.

Excuse me, a nerve was touched...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Personally my issue with an "online relationship" is that you don't get to enjoy the physical side of a relationship. Which is just as important as the emotional. Just being with the person, being able to actually hold them, hug them, kiss them, etc. I think you'd need that eventually. Who are any of us to tell you your feelings for someone weren't real? Only you know if they were or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    Personally my issue with an "online relationship" is that you don't get to enjoy the physical side of a relationship. Which is just as important as the emotional. Just being with the person, being able to actually hold them, hug them, kiss them, etc. I think you'd need that eventually. Who are any of us to tell you your feelings for someone weren't real? Only you know if they were or not.
    This is why online love requires pateince and some self control.

I don't know, it must be something with the body, but the physical side of love seems to give emotional comfort in itself. For some reason, it's emotionally stressful when you cannot feel them/touch them... (I wonder if there's a study about that.)

But that doesn't mean the feelings aren't real. (As you said) Nor does that mean it's a waste of time :< My love taught me so many things...
    Last edited by EmphaticPikachu; 11th September 2013 at 3:19 AM.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    What, is online love not real enough for you? ;/

This is why I don't go out and state "I've been in an online relationship" in real life, because people end up viewing it as some form of desperation... And I really hate that. The feelings involved are just as real as any "real life" relationship. Which is PLENTY of justifaction to try for a relationship.

Excuse me, a nerve was touched...
    Sorry for whatever nerve I touched, but I'm not saying e-love isn't real, I'm just saying that those relationships usually don't go anywhere, because, like for example, if the two people in question lived a world away, there's a big chance they would never actually meet face-to-face and their relationship would just end up falling apart at some point. And anyway, you never know if the other person was being faithful yknow, for all you know, they could be cheating on you with multiple people. And I know that sounds horrible, but it's possible. And like Puma said, you don't get to enjoy the physical side of a relationship. I mean, I find many faults with online relationships, but you just do whatever makes you happy man, I'm not here to judge.

Why is it "sad" then? :X

Thats what touched me. I have no problem with problems that online relationships run into (I can admit them), but I'm not getting whats so "sad" about wanting a relationship with someone that likes the same things as you and is far away.

Perhaps you were joking, but it still made me very iffy about it.
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Eww virtual cooties.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Why is it "sad" then? :X

Thats what touched me. I have no problem with problems that online relationships run into (I can admit them), but I'm not getting whats so "sad" about wanting a relationship with someone that likes the same things as you and is far away.

Perhaps you were joking, but it still made me very iffy about it.
    Nonononono, what I thought was sad was when I said that there are people that want love so much, that they'll take it in any form they can get it. Because those are the people that get used, manipulated, and tossed away when they've served their purpose.
    Last edited by Hamichu; 11th September 2013 at 4:08 AM.

Nonononono, what I thought was sad was when I said that were people that want love so much, that they'll take it in any form they can get it. Because those are the people that get used, manipulated, and tossed away when they've served their purpose.
    That makes MUCH more sense...

But it still made me jump given the "90%" stat you used earlier...

Whatevs. I dun feel like arguing about this anymore.
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I wouldn't want to go through one no more. Mainly personal reasons and a guy i like in real life.
    Black: 3482-2112-2585
    Soul Silver:4297 5993 0464
    Platinum:2965 4525 0763
    My shiny pokemon:
    Encountered in FR as a Geodude
    Encountered in Diamond as a Lv.4 Shinx

I claim Latias

I HOPE THERES A MEGA LATIAS!

Quote Originally Posted by latiamy View Post
    Of course i read it. Had to read it twice in school. >.<
    I wouldn't say it was Exactly like it. That would mean i wouldn't be here to type this. Lol. Just that it was sad. But this was many years ago. Haha.
    There's "sad," and then there's "double-suicide sad." If you're going to compare something to "the end of romeo and juliet story," know that people are going to assume double-suicide, not that it was "completely one sided." :P

Quote Originally Posted by Electricbluewolf View Post
    I don't think you understood the play; it wasn't stupidity.
    It depends on your interpretation, but a lot of people agree that 14-year-olds "falling madly in love" within a span of a few days and killing themselves over a simple miscommunication is pretty darn stupid. Romeo and Juliet may be one of the most well-known love stories of all time, but it's far from an ideal one. (Can you tell I'm a Literature major?)

Sorry for whatever nerve I touched, but I'm not saying e-love isn't real, I'm just saying that those relationships usually don't go anywhere, because, like for example, if the two people in question lived a world away, there's a big chance they would never actually meet face-to-face and their relationship would just end up falling apart at some point. And anyway, you never know if the other person was being faithful yknow, for all you know, they could be cheating on you with multiple people. And I know that sounds horrible, but it's possible. And like Puma said, you don't get to enjoy the physical side of a relationship. I mean, I find many faults with online relationships, but you just do whatever makes you happy man, I'm not here to judge.
    Hm, come to think of it, most of this could be used as a description of long-distance relationships. Like a partner studying abroad for a year, a spouse going to fight in a distant country or what have you.

Speaking from experience, it sucks, and it's not for everyone. Not every couple can handle distance, not seeing or spending time with or being physically close to a loved one, and that's okay. It's up to each individual couple to decide if they would rather end it, or try to weather the storm and wait until they have the opportunity to be together. YMMV Same goes for internet couples, I guess?

I once had a relationship that started online, she was from France, 17 years old and I am from The Netherlands 19 years old.

We met in a game and shared some words, but eventually it was kind of fun so we added each others MSN.
    After two weeks we were really curious about each other due that we could talk so well together so we went to Skype and saw each others.
    Our first impressions then were really nice, she was a beautiful girl and she liked my appearence nothing less.

After a month we really grew to each others and we began to miss each other when we dindt spoke etc..
    and so I asked her to be my girlfriend, she replied with an big yes and we had an internet relationship.

While in the next month our feelings felt really pure and we both wanted to go to the next step by meeting each others eye to eye
    to see if our love was just as much as on skype,chat and phone.

Her parents were very traditional and dindt really felt much for the whole internet relationship stuff, which was understandable
    considering that she was 17 and internet relations are kinda taken the wrong way for people that are now parents or aged, it wasn't really normal back then.
    so her father really disliked me in the beginning and disagreed to the next step we wanted to make.

Her mother however grew to the idea by seeing her daughter so extremely happy all day, she eventually talked to her husband and convinced him to give me a chance
    to meet her, so me and her dad skyped about the whole sitaution and we did several times to get to know each other.

After a while in the same month he eventually agreed and we all setteld an date when I could visit their home to meet her.
    So I had to buy a ticket to france (The cheapest one was with bus, and was an 22 hour trip in the buss) we were extremely happy with the thought of seeing each other.
    And so we setteld our first eye contact the next month.

When I finally arrived after a long trip in the beautiful france, we met up.
    and when she saw me she jumped on me and hugged me, she was so happy to finally meet me and I was ofcourse too, in real she was even more beautiful than on skype.
    On the same moment, her father and brothers were there too. Her brothers were really nice and I was really fond of the youngest one, since he liked Art and gaming too like me.

I stayed in france for 3 days, and I got to know every one of her family and ofcourse to get to know each other aswell
    we could not stay away from each other that long and it felt like our souls were bounded, it felt like true love.
    and though her father was a little bit carefull about everything he really grew on to me aswell.
    Even when I had to go back home, he said: You always welcome to come here, your a great guy
    I shared an small tear in private after he said that, since he is a father and I grew up without one.

When I returned home we immidiatly mate another date to see each other again which was 3 moths later,
    We eventually saw each other three times in France and the fourth time was where I live, and it was always alot of fun.

This was like almost a year that we had an relationship with each other.
    But although everything was so beautiful, the distance in our relationship was huge (Mainly due the money being an issue for the trips and such)
    And even the 3 months was very diffuclt for her because she is the type of girl that needs someone close to her in general, which is understandable too as probably most would feel that way. Even I did, but my love was strong enough for her to have patient with the time and distance and such.

Due school we were not able to meet again because the next year, so we had to wait a year for each other.
    We eventually tried but after a month our contact was slowly increasing and we had alot of arguments about stuff.

We both relized after that this will just not work anymore, arguments cannot be solved online.. sometimes a kiss or a hug can do wonders,
    but I was unable to give those due the distance.

And so not far after that month, Our story came to an end, I decided to put an end to it.
    I had really hard time in my life getting through something like that, as we shared almost everything together.
    Even her father who was against everything said at the end: I really hope you two get back together upon a day.

It was very sad what happend,.. but yet I am not sad anymore about it.
    Those days were truely the happiest days of my life when I was with her and such, and I appreciate that I had the chance to expercience such a thing in my life.

So I am not against Internet relationships at all, I think it can work out really great
    and as long as both of you love each strong enough, distance doesn't matter at all, where there is a will there is way.
    Last edited by Azulart; 11th September 2013 at 7:39 PM.

I love the user Ana_Julia .
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Quote Originally Posted by 3D992 View Post
    I'm only sad because a 15 year old is this focused on girls when very few young relationships ever last. It shouldn't be that important at 15.

On topic, (I am a guy) I made a good friend on here that later told me he was gay. It was kind of awkward from then on. Nothing else really.
    I agree with you on the 15 yrs old comment and about the gay thing, it's never bad to be friends so long there's respect IMO. (I'm a guy also) I have only made one friend here cuz we're from the same country but I've never had luck meeting girls. Though I don't think there are girls my age here (I'm 24)

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Friend Code: 4811-6937-0414 PM me if you want to add me for your friend safari
    My RE Shiny Pokemon: x1x1x1x1x2
    My Shiny Pokemon Attained with Breeding + MM: x3x1x1

Wow. Powerful story Azulart. Inspirational, it really is!

*goes to a corner and breaks a piggy bank*

I got all A's and I want to go to Britain Mom!

I really do make all A's. XD

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast