Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Love on Serebii?

With IRL relationships that I've seen from others around this town, I've seen and I don't mean this in a sexist way. But I've seen a lot of women get the crap beat out of them, just to turn around and go back to the ones that did it to them. As for online, I've on seen people either stop talking to on another or when it comes out in the open one trys to play it off as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I can't decide if this thread is funny or creepy.

I got hit on by RedMage when I first joined this site. Don't think that counts, though, because I'm pretty sure he hit on every woman who joined at the time.
    He sent me hey what is up messages. I didn't really respond to them.

Spoiler:- Well...:

...sorry if you saw that. this is why I don't deal with 3DPDs I just want to look at my delicious 2D Pokeboys and etc
    I mean Sycamore and Calem and etc. are technically 3D now but you get what I mean
    Last edited by Sceptile Master; 22nd March 2014 at 8:36 PM.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

I can't honestly say that I've ever really felt too attracted to anybody here, or at least not enough that I think entering a non-intimate relationship with someone thousands of miles away would make me happier. Honestly, I just don't see how it'd work out too well.

That said, four of my favoritest members here are in relationships (that is, two sets of two). So I guess just dismissing the possibility is a little inane, but I still don't think it'd work out for me. I don't mingle well on the internet in general. In fact, I suspect that I may have totally accidentally and inadvertently (completely by accident, honest) driven apart two other fantastic people in an e-lationship. So there's that.

Not off of Serebii but I met him on dating site (Transgenderdate) - He's a female to male. We've been talking for about two years. A few months back I said I had feelings for him -bada bing bada boom, we are now trying make long distance work.

I loved a man and lost him. His name was Josh (he knows who he is). Other than that, never.
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

I am currently in love with Digipoke.

lol I'd be looked at as a DOM hitting on girls half my age here

so no
    My Black 2 Team
    3DS Friend Code: 1349-5549-7031

Does love with oneself counts?
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

I've had a few friendships, but nothing major atm.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

When I was still a newbie in serebii, I realized I was crushing on one of my friends. When he initially rejected me I insisted, and he agreed to "be" with me out of pity. I stopped insisting on our relationship after I realized how uncomfurtable he was with the whole situation :x

Aaaand shortly after that...y'know, when I was still all emotionally fragile and trying to set my feelings right... some random person from here tricked me into believing he had a crush on me. I wasn't interested in him but much like my friend did with me, I kinda lessthanthree'd him back out of sympathy.
    ...and that's when he said he'd been trolling me the whole time, and started calling me names XD

Since that mess, nothing.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    All of my e-romancees live in Canada.
    Even though this post was meant to be a joke

this is actually true for me and I'm not sure why
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

I have never been in love with anyone I have met on this site and I don't think I ever will since I am past the point of doing online/long distance relationships

I never felt about anyone on any forum in that way. I don't wont to neither. Long distance relationships and online dating are too much of an hassle imo. Not my cup of tea :l

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Never met anyone... will forever be alone...
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Sir.DJ's my homie. lol
    And as for IRL relationships, well, I'm on a happy-train

My take:

Online dating is only sensible if you live within a distance from each other. Say you only live one state away, then that's fine. You wouldn't have to travel ridiculously far to be with each other. If we're talking thousands of miles, or somewhere overseas, then I don't see the point unless you're rich and can afford to travel often and/or relocate.
    Also, be sure you use good judgment and be sure you know this person inside and out before meeting them physically.

With that said, I am like most of you; alone. I've grown really used to it, though. It's possible to get by with just friends and family, but I know personally that the feeling of love can make you think/do weird things, and you will even take drastic measures or have a slight personality change. I'm one to keep feelings to myself, so that's as far as I go.
    Why I posted here? I don't know either.
    Under Construction

I'm curious how someone can "fall in love" with someone they've never met. I think it's possible to have friends online (I've met some really cool people online) and have really good friends online. but "being in love" is much different than being someone's friend because there are romantic feelings involved. How can you feel romantically about someone who you have never seen in person? You can love their personality, but that's just one aspect of them. You can see pictures of them, but how do you know that is really them?

I came back after a like 6 months hiatus just to say it doesn't work. Now before I start anything, I'll leave it at that. We were stupid kids.
    Last edited by Priceless; 27th September 2013 at 10:30 PM.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Magic Thunderbolt~ View Post
    lol I'd be looked at as a DOM hitting on girls half my age here
    Eh, there are plenty of members who are also in their 20's here, if that's all that's holding you back. (Assuming DOM means "dirty old man.")

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    I'm curious how someone can "fall in love" with someone they've never met. I think it's possible to have friends online (I've met some really cool people online) and have really good friends online. but "being in love" is much different than being someone's friend because there are romantic feelings involved. How can you feel romantically about someone who you have never seen in person? You can love their personality, but that's just one aspect of them. You can see pictures of them, but how do you know that is really them?
    If you can have friends online, why not a romantic relationship? You can like someone without actually knowing what they look like, after all. It's not just about personality, either - if you know someone online who has supported you through difficult times, accepted you for who you are when others didn't, and did things for you that you appreciate, what does not seeing their face matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I came back after a like 6 months hiatus just to say it doesn't work. Now before I start anything, I'll leave it at that. We were stupid kids.
    YMMV - just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it can't work for anybody.

As I've mentioned, I've never had an online relationship and don't intend to, but I wouldn't knock it without trying it. I've have many terrific online friendships, and have met many of those friends irl, and I can see people also having similarly good experiences with a partner they met online.

~Psychic
    Last edited by Psychic; 28th September 2013 at 3:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I can't decide if this thread is funny or creepy.

I got hit on by RedMage when I first joined this site. Don't think that counts, though, because I'm pretty sure he hit on every woman who joined at the time.
    He was one of the first to send me a FR when I first joined. quickly PM'd me with sexual messages. I played derp which made him stop, but later on began anew until he finally got banned for doing it to others :P

Anyways... I have seen quite a few online relationships appear here on Serebii. Some fall, others keep on going strong, and others go on and off.

I have been on a few, and currently I am in one. Definitely trying to make it work. XD Kinda met him on accident when I clicked on his profile by mistake :c XP

LDR are worth it if you both put effort on each other sides. Love is strong *^*
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

I don't have anybody, nor am I looking for a romantic relationship through electronic means due to them ultimately being doomed to fail nless both live relatively close or you move to one another.

... I also don't have good friends either, though.

Might have to do with my social inability.

Wait, I think I may have started some sort of mini-crush when I first came here that aded away in like a week.
    Last edited by dirkac; 1st October 2013 at 10:23 AM.

I feel like if I'm going to like someone, our first meet should be in real life not online. That might change for me later but for now, sorry ladies.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

I had my first girlfriend on here. The relationship lasted 4 months...
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Reading some of the comments made me think about those times when I got on social chat and tried my game.
    I met a few girls, and actually became good friends with some. I might have had one long distance relationship, but I don't remember.
    Back then it seemed hopeless. But now, for those of us in our 20s, it seems more realistic. Not that it works for me, I'm sure it won't, so I wouldn't go through with it. Unless it were possible to meet. It would be pretty awesome to meet a girl that liked pokemon like I do, or that shared many of my interests for that matter. I know this girl is out there, I'll find her.
    LOOKING FOR ITEMS? I GOT YOU COVERED
    For those still playing 4th Gen: Tired of searching the wild for held items? Hit me up. Shards, Stones, Lights Balls, even Soul Dews. Also offering every Non Legendary for your Pokedex Completion. PM me with Offers and Requests

I HAVE CLAIMED BAHAMUT, KING OF SUMMONS
    FC 1550 8079 7411

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast