Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 300

Thread: Love on Serebii?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    made some pretty cool friends irl via this site but most of them don't go on here anymore

    so thanku serebii joe u changed my life brah
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

    https://twitter.com/cifalacus

  2. #102

    Default

    when i was a babby and frequented here more often i would stalk the newbie lounge and ask out boys around my age. it was fun until it got too legit for my twelve year old self to handle lmfao
    C8

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~*Lovély_Latias*~ View Post
    when i was a babby and frequented here more often i would stalk the newbie lounge and ask out boys around my age. it was fun until it got too legit for my twelve year old self to handle lmfao
    Lmao. Hey, at least you were straightforward. Good on you.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

    pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

  4. #104

    Default

    Thanks! When I look back on my times here I either cringe because of the jaded buttholes who made snarky comments or laugh for a long time because twelve year old dating on a pokemon forum.
    C8

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    My girlfriend probably does not realize how much of a Pokemon fan I am :P

    She knows I play the game, but I do not think she knows how much I have played since I was a young dude. However, I am glad she does not care whether I play videogames or not.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    World Of Pokemon
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Well, this isn't love. However, I meet a friend over on Gaia Online about 4 or something years ago. We been very tight every since. However, we just best friends right now. So, even if it love or best friend, you could friend that someone.

    Lyndell's 3DS XL: 2380 2934 0909
    Bug Safari:
    Pokemon X Lyndell

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    I used to not believe that it was possible to fall in love with a girl on an internet forum without even seeing how she looks to boot, but my opinion was changed a few weeks ago when I realised that I had fell for a girl on here, based on personality alone too, I don't even know how she looks.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    871

    Default

    To be honest, guys, I've had a lot of romantic relationships off the Internet so I know love can happen even when you don't know someone face to face, though I haven't had that kinda luck here at Serebii's forums, but whatevz. X-3 It can't be helped!
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

    I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Inaba <3
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Erm... well my boyfriend is on Serebii too, though he hasn't been on in a long while... due to various reasons... *cough* x__x we met offline years before joining here though, so... ¬_¬

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hogwarts, naturally.
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post
    I used to not believe that it was possible to fall in love with a girl on an internet forum without even seeing how she looks to boot, but my opinion was changed a few weeks ago when I realised that I had fell for a girl on here, based on personality alone too, I don't even know how she looks.
    I don't know about love, but the exact thing happened to me, once upon a time on Serebii...ah, but that was many years ago, and now I am old.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.



    ^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

    Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

    Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    BEHIND YOU.
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Um...No. I don't believe in love at first type.
    I LIKE ELECTRODE
    PROBLEM?

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,167

    Default

    In the time I've been a member here, there are some times that I look back on fondly, and others where I want to slap myself. Thankfully for you (and my cheeks), this is a story about the former.

    For me to tell it, though, we have to go back a little bit. And by a little bit, I mean about eight years ago: 2005. I was a snot-nosed kid who was barely through his first year on this very site. I spent most of my time in the Pokeshipping thread that existed back then (about two or three iterations ago; I've honestly lost count). I made friends that I still talk to today, but one girl in particular struck my fancy. She & I hit off rather well, and spent most of our days talking, whether through forum posts or AIM (yes, I'm old).

    After a year or so of this friendship, I found myself thinking of this girl a lot. I'd never had myself thinking about a girl this much before (well, that's not completely true: anyone who knew me back then knows why). After mulling things over for a bit, I decided what was going on, and that the best thing to do was to be honest and simply tell her. So I did. Seconds past, and I waited...

    ... And she replied that she was feeling the same. Now, I'd had girls over the Internet that I've befriended confess crushes on me, but this was the first (and only) time where I've felt the same. After some talking, we decided to commit and embark on that adventure known as a relationship.

    I suppose I should mention here that I live in Southern California, and she lived in Long Island. But of course, with the wonderful advent of the Internet and our years of prior friendship, we were as close as we could be. Over the years, we anguished at the distance between us, but persevered. Our few webcam chats were treasured, and our in-person meetings were dreams come true.

    Eventually, in 2012, she made and followed through on a decision to move out to SoCal and live with me, which she has for the past year. We have our ups and downs, as every relationship does (though there aren't many downs, thankfully), but we're very happy together. We're both still Pokemon fans, of course, having gotten X/Y last week, and spazzing out about things that pique our interest.

    Love, much like life, finds a way... even on the Internet, at a forum about Pokemon.

    Paradise is Calling... Are You Ready to Answer?

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    My girlfriend probably does not realize how much of a Pokemon fan I am :P

    She knows I play the game, but I do not think she knows how much I have played since I was a young dude. However, I am glad she does not care whether I play videogames or not.
    Lol i play with my bf videogames or he is playing them with me lol i love playing cod and guess what ... he doesn't urghhh you gotta have such a bf! xD
    3DS Code: 3239 2844 7961
    Name: Kim
    Friend Safari Rock: Barbaracle, Dwebble & Pupitar

    Made by FairyWitch

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post
    I used to not believe that it was possible to fall in love with a girl on an internet forum without even seeing how she looks to boot, but my opinion was changed a few weeks ago when I realised that I had fell for a girl on here, based on personality alone too, I don't even know how she looks.
    A few days ago the girl I fell for on here confessed that she also loved me a lot, and now we're in a relationship ^_^

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cap D. Blue View Post
    In the time I've been a member here, there are some times that I look back on fondly, and others where I want to slap myself. Thankfully for you (and my cheeks), this is a story about the former.

    For me to tell it, though, we have to go back a little bit. And by a little bit, I mean about eight years ago: 2005. I was a snot-nosed kid who was barely through his first year on this very site. I spent most of my time in the Pokeshipping thread that existed back then (about two or three iterations ago; I've honestly lost count). I made friends that I still talk to today, but one girl in particular struck my fancy. She & I hit off rather well, and spent most of our days talking, whether through forum posts or AIM (yes, I'm old).

    After a year or so of this friendship, I found myself thinking of this girl a lot. I'd never had myself thinking about a girl this much before (well, that's not completely true: anyone who knew me back then knows why). After mulling things over for a bit, I decided what was going on, and that the best thing to do was to be honest and simply tell her. So I did. Seconds past, and I waited...

    ... And she replied that she was feeling the same. Now, I'd had girls over the Internet that I've befriended confess crushes on me, but this was the first (and only) time where I've felt the same. After some talking, we decided to commit and embark on that adventure known as a relationship.

    I suppose I should mention here that I live in Southern California, and she lived in Long Island. But of course, with the wonderful advent of the Internet and our years of prior friendship, we were as close as we could be. Over the years, we anguished at the distance between us, but persevered. Our few webcam chats were treasured, and our in-person meetings were dreams come true.

    Eventually, in 2012, she made and followed through on a decision to move out to SoCal and live with me, which she has for the past year. We have our ups and downs, as every relationship does (though there aren't many downs, thankfully), but we're very happy together. We're both still Pokemon fans, of course, having gotten X/Y last week, and spazzing out about things that pique our interest.

    Love, much like life, finds a way... even on the Internet, at a forum about Pokemon.
    This story warmed my heart. I'm happy everything worked out for you!

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia
    This story warmed my heart. I'm happy everything worked out for you!
    We are, too. We always have friends telling us how amazed they are at how our relationship goes (particularly being physically apart for so long). It was difficult at times, but in the end it's just so worth it.

    I also like seeing peoples' reactions when we say we met over Pokemon, because people never expect it.

    Paradise is Calling... Are You Ready to Answer?

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    477

    Default

    It's great to read such nice stories =) Personally I haven't found love here, just a lot of awesome people of whom I'm happy to call them friends.


    Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Adulthood!
    Posts
    6,420

    Default

    There is one couple who met here who are still together several years later, but none of the other ones have worked out. How you interpret that is up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Altomare, Johto
    Posts
    1,726

    Default

    Although I joined Serebii in 2007, I didn't become active until a year later.
    I met a certain someone here in 2008, and we became best friends since. We both developed feelings for one another throughout the years, but we didn't officially become boyfriend and girlfriend until around Christmas of 2011. It took us awhile to finally admit it and we were each other's first love, haha. Not to mention the many things we share in common. xD
    Although this is a very rare case, we manage our long distance relationship fairly well. :3 (I'm in California, he's in Pennsylvania.) And we often send gifts to each other twice a year. He's not as active on here nowadays, but we always keep in touch on Skype.
    But yeah... if it weren't for both Pokemon and Super Smash Bros Brawl, we probably would've never met. Oh, how time flies...
    Trinity League: Psychic Gym Leader & Resort Manager (Wi-fi UU) | The Eternian Forces: Harena Region's Merchant
    3DS FC: 1977-0801-2134 | NNID: SilverLanayru | Rawr~ <3



    "This is the sorceress of light, who takes to the battlefield her Book of Sorcery."


    Pokégyms Badge Progress | Credits

  20. #120
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ponyville
    Posts
    3,085

    Default

    My boyfriend is a tub of Cookie Cream ice cream and a Cardboard Cutout of Ryan Gosling. (No, I have no e-dated and probably never will. I think that sort of think is best with face-to-face contact)

    Though, a SPPf boyfriend would have to answer me about how he eats his Cadbury Creme Eggs.

    This thread makes me think of Dattebayo for some strange reason.
    Oh lawdy, I remember this bloke.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I dunno, on one hand I think online dating is weird, on the other hand your judging solely based on personality, which is neat.
    3DS friend code 2595-0644-0358 | Trade shop


    Come check out Nerfo Destiny forums! A place for gamers, developers, and anyone looking for some fun to chat and play!
    We aren't much yet, but we need your help to grow!

    Click here
    Allons-y!

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom (England)
    Posts
    256

    Default

    I watched a programme recently about Japan (don't worry, I like the Japanese very much) and there's a growing problem over there about the games that they have; there was two men playing with this virtual girl game and they were in a 'relationship' with them.

    I don't want to generalise, good grief no, but apparently that's what it's like over there in some parts...

    ....probably...I'll shhh now :-S.
    Bluebird55's Battle-Beating Duo!

    My Friend Code - 1891-1851-7972

  23. #123
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    that isn't really anything like online dating, but yeah, those dudes are weirdos.

    i don't think i would date anyone from the internet unless a) we'd hung out irl and b) they lived kinda nearby. trying to 'date' someone that lives literally half a world away is like the least practical thing i can possibly think of
    life is
    a game

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tecksas
    Posts
    7,625

    Default

    i've had my crushes on here in the past. and i guess i kinda knew who kinda/sorta liked me, but idk, i'm kinda like all i dunno indifferent to it all now and ****. but whatevs, it's all cool, i just go with what works for me nowadays. everything is kinda almost the same now.

    Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    There is one couple who met here who are still together several years later, but none of the other ones have worked out. How you interpret that is up to you.
    Vicariously speaking, what she said.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Didn't meet her on Serebii, but she was in the same pool of friends on Skype. She is the most adorable person I've ever met, and I find it hard to believe that she actually likes me back. Maybe I sell myself short, I dunno, but I'm crazy about her. The best part is she lives about 20 minutes away from where the rest of my family lives, whom we're visiting this Christmas. I can't wait to see her! >/////<

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •