Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survival of the Striaton Gym! (801)

This was a decent episode, though I thought that it was lame that Cilan put up much more of a fight than both of his brothers combined.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I liked Marana or whatever her name was but the three waiters are always very dull. Still better than Origins.
    Looking for any Diancie. Any IVs, any nature, cloned a million times. It's for the dex, I'll trade a shiny Dragonair for it.

I liked this episode. It was great to see Chili again too, the only thing I hated was how easily Chili lost.

Was expecting Jessie to take off the outfit and try to catch Pikachu XD.

One of the better episodes this season.

Quite a dramatic episode.

After explaining why Cress and Chili were visiting Cilan. Cilan then had small speech about how much he had learned from his journey so far. I found this really heartfelt and it really exaggerated the enjoyment I have had with Cilan has been travelling with Ash and Iris. He then put this into action, successfully defeating Marena and saving the Striaton gym.

I will miss Cilan and his flamboyant tendencies at times and this episode reminded me how much I like him as a character.

On to the next one!
    Last edited by Orton155; 26th November 2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I'm just going to c+p what I wrote somewhere else.

I actually got up early enough to watch these episodes. The one thing that struck me was that Cilan's brothers don't have any stronger Pokemon than the ones they use to challenge rookie trainers. Up comes the the question: why are they gym leaders? You'd think they'd have stronger Pokemon than basic elemental monkeys but I guess they really wanted to stay close to the games and make them pushovers in the anime too. Episode was boring by the way.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    I guess they really wanted to stay close to the games and make them pushovers in the anime too.
    None of them have a single Lillipup, though. They're far weaker than their in-game versions.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Ness - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    None of them have a single Lillipup, though. They're far weaker than their in-game versions.
    Those things could've made for excellent human shields.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Default "Survival of the Striaton Gym!"

*Sigh*.... It's disappointing to see Alexa leaving the group again for finding a new story, but it makes sense since she's a Pokémon Journalist. Seeing Cilan's brothers Chili and Cress again was great, it's been so long since they appeared last time in BW.

I liked the Ice trainer Drago Morana, her dub voice sounded perfect and TPCI choose a really clever dub name for her. Also, I liked her unique design as well, she is really Hot. It's surprising that Morana managed to defeat both Chili and Cress in a gym battle, she was really strong! Even though I liked Morana, I didn't like how she wanted to take over the Striaton Gym just for fun and appiarantly no reason! On top of that she came all the way from the Sinnoh region just to take over a gym in Unova region! Geez, talk about being wild.

Cilan's battle with Morana was rather weak, but I liked how he reflected on everything he learned from his journey. Cilan's flashbacks with Ash and Iris were nice, the flashback showing Cilan, Cress and Chili as kids was nice too. Also, Morana's reaction to Cilan's "Evaluation Time" was funny.

Overall, this was a pretty good episode. It's great to see how much Cilan learned from his journey, but Cilan's battle with Morana was somewhat lacking, It could've been better. After watching the English dub of this episode, I think I'm gonna miss Cilan a little bit.

As for the dub, the TPCI VA's did good job voicing the characters, they all sounded great in this episode. The only thing I didn't like about this dub episode was the lack of Japanese music, TPCI seriously needs to stop replacing all the good Japanese music with their boring dub music. I hope they'll keep more original Japanese music in the next episode.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Anime logic dominated all three battles. The challenger used Sheer Cold twice without missing and would have hit the third time too if Pansage hadn't used SolarBeam. That bugged me through the whole episode.
    Uh ...

I honestly found this episode to be boring for the most part. I mean I admired Morana's dedication to beating the Striaton City Gym Leaders and all that, but it seemed like an excuse to bring Chili and Cress back into the story and bring Cilan's character full circle. Not that it's a bad thing, just that it didn't interest me much. I did like the little things though, like Ash burning the food at the start of the episode and Morana's design itself was amazing. She also had a dynamic personality and I wish we had more characters like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    I'm just going to c+p what I wrote somewhere else.

I actually got up early enough to watch these episodes. The one thing that struck me was that Cilan's brothers don't have any stronger Pokemon than the ones they use to challenge rookie trainers. Up comes the the question: why are they gym leaders? You'd think they'd have stronger Pokemon than basic elemental monkeys but I guess they really wanted to stay close to the games and make them pushovers in the anime too. Episode was boring by the way.
    Exactly they could have evolved the three monkeys in this episode to show that they are up to the challenge to defeat the trainer. Anyway that battle was complete BS like all the BW were Abomasnow should have wrecked Pansage and Pansear should have at least put up a a fight against Mamoswine.
    My Opinions Regarding PokémonStarted by PokémonNation2000)
    Anime: DP>OS(Kanto and OI)=AG>OS(Chronicles)>OS(Johto)>>BW
    Movies:OS>AG>DP>>>BW
    English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (DP001-DP191)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (AG146-AG192)/Atrocious
    Games:BW1>B2W2>DPP>HGSS>XY>RSE>FRLG=RBY
    Pokémon The Origin: Mediocre 5.5/10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12