Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadow's Graphics

Default Shadow's Graphics

Welcome to my collection of banners/graphics. Since I do my own userbars and buttons, I decided it was time to start doing my own banners :P

***Please leave bashing of characters, particularly FF characters, out of my thread thank you.***

Spoiler:- Alice:

Spoiler:- Black Rock Shooter:

Spoiler:- Blazblue:

Spoiler:- Bleach:

Spoiler:- Dragonball Z:

Spoiler:- Elsword:

Spoiler:- Final Fantasy:

Spoiler:- Fire Emblem:

DISCALIMER: I do not own any of the images/renders/effects/wallpapers/brushes used. The only things that belong to me are the fractals/C4Ds used(I use a program to make my own)and the finished banners.
    Last edited by Astral Shadow; 31st December 2013 at 8:57 PM.

The only thing that is kinda bothering me is your use with the fonts and such, they hardly connect with the images.
    Consider it something you might want to work on

But overall I think your doing a great job, looking forward seeing more of you !

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
    The only thing that is kinda bothering me is your use with the fonts and such, they hardly connect with the images.
    Consider it something you might want to work on

But overall I think your doing a great job, looking forward seeing more of you !
    Yeah I can agree with that. Especially for the Lightning and Lulu banners imo :L

Spoiler:- Grand Chase:

Spoiler:- Kingdom Hearts:

Spoiler:- Miscellaneous:

Spoiler:- Naruto:

Spoiler:- Ratchet and Clank:

DISCALIMER: I do not own any of the images/renders/effects/wallpapers/brushes used. The only things that belong to me are the fractals/C4Ds used(I use a program to make my own)and the finished banners.
    Last edited by Astral Shadow; 31st December 2013 at 9:00 PM.

Spoiler:- Pokemon:

Last edited by Astral Shadow; 31st December 2013 at 9:00 PM. Reason: 3rd OP

Love the Lighting and Aqua ones. And out of the 2 charizard ones you have made I prefer the second one, idk why.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Love the Lighting and Aqua ones. And out of the 2 charizard ones you have made I prefer the second one, idk why.
    Yeah the Lightning banner is one of my favorites :3

Charizard X banner did make for great smudging. There seems to be more of a balance between the black, grays, and blues in the second one, imo.

So done with Black Rock Shooter stuff for the time being lol.

~

~

Tried overlaying images again.

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Shadow View Post

Tried overlaying images again.
    OMG CREEPY.

Great work though, I love your banners! C:

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaraúkar View Post
    OMG CREEPY.

Great work though, I love your banners! C:
    That was the idea obviously XD.

I feel like I should have made Koffing and Gastly contrast more against the background :L

Lots of ideas, I have. Talking like Yoda, I shall stop <.<

Elesa banner is looking to be my best ever right now.

Redid some old banners, last 4 sigs are new.
    Last edited by Astral Shadow; 31st October 2013 at 2:19 AM.

A lot of overlay style banners, loving the technique and what it can do.

I like them, but going to be picky and mention the font. Maybe look at trying different techniques to blend them in a bit more but still have them stand out (if that makes sense).

Nice work

Quote Originally Posted by ccarts89 View Post
    I like them, but going to be picky and mention the font. Maybe look at trying different techniques to blend them in a bit more but still have them stand out (if that makes sense).

Nice work
    Yeah I've been told that is my problem >.< guess I still quite haven't figure it out yet.

Everything is new except the last 3 banners those are new versions of previous sigs. Also split the Pokemon spoiler into regions and then a characters spoiler as well.

I feel like this is my best overall batch c:

Your graphics aren't half-bad, but there's always room for improvement. I'd like to know, do you use GIMP or Photoshop? Also, though I can see you have a sense of consistency, I wish you could make it seem as if the render's apart of the background-ish. Not to be rude by any definition of the word, but the render seems to just sit on top of the background. Additionally, there seems to be a lot of extra space in your backgrounds. What I recommend is downloading an assortment of free brushes (you can get some off of dA) as well as free C4D renders (also from dA). With different brush patterns, you can smudge images differently, or create a more diverse pattern on your images. With C4D's you can add a bunch of cool effects to your image by putting the C4D on certain modes (i.e. overlay, lighten only, addition, etc). If needed, there are tutorials on how to use C4D's (you can probably find some on dA).
    Mon e s s e n t i e l.
    PM me if you'd like a signature.

Gfx deviantART tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Your graphics aren't half-bad, but there's always room for improvement. I'd like to know, do you use GIMP or Photoshop? Also, though I can see you have a sense of consistency, I wish you could make it seem as if the render's apart of the background-ish. Not to be rude by any definition of the word, but the render seems to just sit on top of the background. Additionally, there seems to be a lot of extra space in your backgrounds. What I recommend is downloading an assortment of free brushes (you can get some off of dA) as well as free C4D renders (also from dA). With different brush patterns, you can smudge images differently, or create a more diverse pattern on your images. With C4D's you can add a bunch of cool effects to your image by putting the C4D on certain modes (i.e. overlay, lighten only, addition, etc). If needed, there are tutorials on how to use C4D's (you can probably find some on dA).
    I use Photoshop Elements 10, don't like GIMP's layout/interface. I do that with almost any sig I make :L I don't like it when a render blends in too much into a background. Something like this is too much in my opinion and I try to avoid. I've tried blending renders more, (Wailer and Corpse Princess sigs) but that's really as much as I'd like to blend a render into the background without feeling like I went too far with it.

I think I might be good on brushes, have almost 1.25 gb of them(spent almost an entire day downloading and filtering through some). Never really paid attention to the empty space thing really. I have a ton of fractals(I usually make my own and just post them raw on DA) but most of them don't work well for blending into sigs(I've tried). But I will look up some free ones, just because they can add quite a bit to a background.

Thanks so much for the criticism c:

Edit:

Last edited by Astral Shadow; 17th November 2013 at 6:53 AM.

Your banners are great, but I'm not big on the fonts. Idk why though.

Love the ocean and sandstorm Vivillon banners, as well as the Deoxys one :]

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaraúkar View Post
    Your banners are great, but I'm not big on the fonts. Idk why though.

Love the ocean and sandstorm Vivillon banners, as well as the Deoxys one :]
    Is it the fancy old time English ones? XD I've only kept a handful of those particular ones(deleted some fonts yesterday).

Update later cause why not.

Hey man. Gotta love your recent works.
    About the text. Hate to follow the crowd but I agree with some of the users above regarding the fonts. Some of em are too stand out and took away all the attention. Maybe because you duplicated the text layer and set the one layer to overlay? Reducing the color/lighting intensity for your text might help.

In addition to that, try reduce the size/intensity of your text outlines. They're all too dark and bold and most of the time they don't blend with the theme of the banner. This might be cure for your problem with text.

About renders lighting, ever heard about "Curve" tool in PS? you should try that for your renders. It helps a LOT for your case (assuming you havent try it yet). You got great great great great superb backgrounds like this one, but it would be nicer if the render fits perfectly with it the BG, like this:

^Easily my fav. The render blends nicely with the BG.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast