Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill la Kill

Default Kill la Kill

I got to thinking about Kill la Kill and decided I really wanted to discuss so here's a thread. Also, I wanted to beat CC#6 to the punch, but that's not too important

Kill la Kill preview

Anyway, there's so many things I love, just from seeing the preview.

Like the soundtrack, which just sounds great.

What I really like though, is the way they did the animation. The atmosphere makes the anime seems like a dsytopian society, and the 90's animation style makes it a lot more impactful for me
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I wanted to make this after that dick CC#06 stole the Little Busters! thread from me, but the main thing is he didn't get to make it.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I wanted to make this after that dick CC#06 stole the Little Busters! thread from me, but the main thing is he didn't get to make it.
    I admit, my main reason for making it was to see his reaction
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Well, ain't we just one big happy family. |D

I'm stoked for this. The character designs look fresh or at least something I haven't seen in a long time, they're really going to stand out from other shows of the season. I can see the 90s animation style indeed. While I don't think they're using cel animation here, I'm guessing that these young animators are big fans of old anime if that's the case for the look. I wonder if they'll make some references/shout-outs throughout the show. Also, the soundtrack sounds amazing right now. It may just be trailer music, but that piece sounds like it'd be in badass fight sequences, or suspense sequences anyway.

I can imagine that if this show slips or fails to deliver at parts (or just in general and that the ending is bad), tables will be flipped, computer screens are punched in, and all of the fanboy rage will be unleashed. And I think that'll just be in CC#06's residence.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Time down until Cc06 has a meltdown....3....2....

ima be with the minority and think he won't really care that much

Well geez I hope this one has a better protagonist than Simon. 'Cause he was just terrible.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Well geez I hope this one has a better protagonist than Simon. 'Cause he was just terrible.
    have u seen the previews? the MC looks badass

Oh wow, I love you jerks too. i will END you i swear

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for this. Like, REALLY excited. Been waiting since it was announced. No, since Panty & Stocking ended and the news was made that TRIGGER was formed. They finally have a full TV series coming out, and it looks glorious. Imaishi's doing his crazy thing once again, and they've got Nakashima writing it, so pretty much a Gurren Lagann reunion. It's even got the same style and flair that TTGL had. That said, I wanna get something perfectly clear:

I'm not expecting another Gurren Lagann.

That's my #1, expecting anything to come near it is way too astronomical of a demand. That only ends in disappointment. Luckily, from the beginning I've just been expecting fun action, stylish animation and great storytelling. Going by that recent trailer, they've already got those first two down. I'm almost satisfied before it's begun and that's a good feeling. Nothing left but to enjoy the ride (and fight off the haters).

Totally not mad about the thread getting made before I had the chance to. Don't worry. It's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Yay, I'm loved~ Hey, I was the nicestest here. I can take it back.

But at least we can all agree that we aren't expecting another Gurren Lagann. Well, honestly, we shouldn't really expect it to get extremely popular in case it slips up somewhere (chances are it will get that popular), but it won't hurt to have already set up our expectations on what we think it'll be in the end.

Like I'm personally expecting a kick-ass battle between those two female characters in the climax (unless they're the same person--ooooooh--but they should still fight each other). I can see it being a combination of FLCL and Black Rock Shooter for some reason.

Then he got an idea. An awful idea. Charizard Champion#06 got a wonderful, awful idea!
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    It's nice to see someone who's above all this

That's my #1, expecting anything to come near it is way too astronomical of a demand. That only ends in disappointment. Luckily, from the beginning I've just been expecting fun action, stylish animation and great storytelling. Going by that recent trailer, they've already got those first two down. I'm almost satisfied before it's begun and that's a good feeling. Nothing left but to enjoy the ride (and fight off the haters).
    I hope they use the music they used in the trailer. Especially the piece at the very beginning. That was epic. But I'm just happy we get 2 cours to enjoy this show. I know it won't be Gurren Lagann, but I still hope it does well

I'm glad you understand
    Douglas Adams

Been hype since it was anounced, anyone know if the aniplex stream will be raw?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Such a great first episode. I really hope this anime lives up to the Hype

I missed it, anyplace I can watch it?

It's big, it's loud, it's proud.

That was glorious. I can see the FLCL/Gainax influences (obviously) but with its own flair (I haven't seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann yet, so I can't make out any such references, but I think I'm better off without knowing what they are for the moment). I am not disappointed, I'm hooked. This is an animator's orgasm for sure, and it's beautiful. I can just tell from the get-go everyone working on this project is having fun, they are excited. First episode deserved the hype and more, now to find out if the show continuously one-ups itself. It's already up to eleven, let's see it go even further.
    I survived Pupa.

I love it.

I watched that three minute preview a LOT so I knew most of what was coming. So 90% of the element of surprise and suspense was gone. Even so every minute was pure animation bliss. Lots and lots of exposition and introduction to this crazy world (which somehow is on Earth?) and it was all done at breakneck speed. The animation goes from simple to jaw dropping in an instant. Tons of attention to detail where each and every shot looks as stylish and dynamic as possible. And the fan service? Kill la Kill does not give a FUCK. "So Sexy, I'm Going To Faint" indeed.

That was grand. I loved how over the top every element of that episode was, especially the animation. In short, I really, really enjoyed that.
    I am slightly cautious about the show simply following an assassin-of-the-week format, but I'm confident that Kill la Kill is in good hands.

I watched the [horriblesubs] version, it was AMAZING. I can't wait till next week.

Based TRIGGER.

First episode was great, loved every second of it.

Spoiler:- That outfit:
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

That was the best first episode I think I've ever seen

Kinda glad all the stuff in the 3 minute preview was in the first episode. It makes it that much more unpredictable

Of course, Trigger also promised fan service and another battle, and that brings me memories of NGE, so I'm a bit suspicious of that

But yay, Kill la Kill

Thursdays are now the greatest day of the week

I can't wait to see where it goes
    Douglas Adams

Holy ****, this first episode was so ridiculous that it was good.

Wow, can't wait for more

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    That was the best first episode I think I've ever seen

Kinda glad all the stuff in the 3 minute preview was in the first episode. It makes it that much more unpredictable

Of course, Trigger also promised fan service and another battle, and that brings me memories of NGE, so I'm a bit suspicious of that

But yay, Kill la Kill

Thursdays are now the greatest day of the week

I can't wait to see where it goes
    It reminded you of NGE? I got more of a FLCL vibe then anything

It is pretty fun. The main character is cool love her style shocked how much more fun then guren it is which I found to be so dull

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    It reminded you of NGE? I got more of a FLCL vibe then anything
    The preview did

I got the FLCL vibe too, but that preview reminded me of NGE a lot, too
    Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast