Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Kill la Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    A little disappointed with the ending tbh. Seeing as Ryuko did the same thing in episode 13. And 16. I thought we were past this.
    I think this time is a little different compared to then. Episode 13 was because she was exposed to everything Senketsu was going through while they were merged into a monster, and she was helpless to do anything--she may have also blamed herself for it because she was the one who went berserk, not him. Episode 16 revealed exactly who Senketsu is and the reason why Nudist Beach needs Ryuko to help carry out their plans, thus putting a lot of pressure and the fate of mankind as they know it on her shoulders. But her reason for refusing to do it was because it makes Senketsu a weapon when he's his own individual, and that doing so would him force to kill his own kind.

Here, she just found out she's the daughter of a crazy bitch determined to rule the world (or something like that) who ripped her heart out to prove it, and that she is infused with Life Fibers that does horrific things when it goes out of control. It might've reminded her of her transformation, and she put two-and-two together while she was having her fever dreams (I think that's what they are). I actually think she's trying to protect Senketsu here. Ryuko must know both she and Senketsu are in danger, and she doesn't want him nor anyone else to get caught up in it. If Ryuko hadn't grown as a person, I don't think anyone would be on her mind except herself and her desire for revenge. The revenge plot has been part of the background for a while now, she's thought less and less about avenging her father. Even after this episode, I don't think that's her main goal right now.

At least that's what I think is happening. I honestly doubt she would 100% reject Senketsu after all that has happened between them. Doesn't make it any less heartbreaking, though.

I don't think I explained it right... my mind's still reeling right now to form sentences that make complete sense while backing up what I'm saying.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Nah, what you said made sense, I'm just disappointed because it's a cheap cliffhanger that they've already done. And every time by the next episode she's worn him again.

We all know that she's going to wear Senketsu again. It feels like a waste of time that they'd try to make anyone think otherwise a third time.

My God, this show keeps getting better. This was an amazing episode. Too bad the ending theme still sucks and I actually find myself hating it more every time it starts.

Also, unrelated to the specific episode but still about the show. Does Iori not appear at all in the opening? Because I don't remember seeing him, but he is an at least semi-important character and Hoomaru gets to appear in the opening so I don't see why Iori wouldn't.

Well, at least we know every Mankanshoku is a pervert, now

And GamagoorixMako. Make it happen
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

[raging intensifies]

Man, humanity has really fallen. I'm loving this coalition between Nudist Beach and the Elite Four/Four Devas (depending on the translation). Mako x Ira - make it happen yo.

On the topic of Ryuko - hot damn, that caught me off guard. When she wrecked those COVERS, I thought she was wearing Senketsu. Her reaction, I felt, was justified for a teenager. A month long coma is kinda painful though. Why?

All in all, the series is getting real intense.

More nudist beach Nonon please.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Well they made sure to hammer it home WHY exactly Ryuko is so upset. It kinda makes me feel bad for her, but damn it's frustrating to watch her run headfirst into a trap like that.

What I don't get is how come Nui didn't heal her eye if she's made of Life Fibers. It's already healed then isn't it?

AWWWWWWWWW SSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIII--

I'm psyched to see their battle now. If Ryuko looks like that with Junketsu on, imagine what Satsuki will look like with Senketsu. OH GOD RAGYO MOLESTED RYUKO WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU WOMAN

Never change, Mako. Too bad she can't hear Senketsu, but it was adorable when she hugged him. Love triangle Gamagoori/Satsuki/Mako confirmed.

What I don't get is how come Nui didn't heal her eye if she's made of Life Fibers. It's already healed then isn't it?
    That's a good question. Maybe when Isshin cut her eye out with the scissor, it sliced off the Life Fiber within that eye? Maybe we'll see what's behind that eye patch, maybe we won't. And I'm not sure if we should see what's behind there.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Ryuko VS Satsuki Part III

Any bets?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post

Any bets?
    Satsuki will at first get her backside handed to her, and then will begin to claw it back and make Ryuko think straight. Do we think that Ryuko has been mentally refitted or something else?

Also, I was not expecting Nui to have been born IN Life Fibres. The moment Ryuko stabbed her, it was far, far too obvious that Ryuko had lost.

I thought it was fairly obvious when Ryuko put Junketsu on that Satsuki would then end up wearing Senketsu, but that ending when she shows up was still hype as ****. I can't wait for next week.

Maybe her eye-patch is just some kind of test tube-life fiber baby fashion statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    OH GOD RAGYO MOLESTED RYUKO WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU WOMAN
    It shouldn't be surprising at all after that bath scene happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post

Any bets?
    I'm not sure of who wins, but I'm sure we can all agree the outcome will be Ryuko back with Senketsu and Satsuki back with Junketsu for the final showdown with Ragyou.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Yes, Mako had some of the best scenes this episode (wearing Senketsu!).
    The opening scene was very...Ragyo.

WAY STATUS

[ ] NOT LOST
    [x] LOST
    [XXXX] UNLOST

Damn, what an action packed episode. That, and a HELL of a satisfying climax to the fight. I was seriously worried for Mako there for a second but it looks like both her and Senketsu are okay for now.

WAY STATUS

[ ] NOT LOST
    [x] LOST
    [XXXX] UNLOST
    ^^^^ All of this. ^^^^

HELL.

YES.

My heart, body, and soul hurt right now. The Feels Train was at full-speed this episode. With exception of the first scene in making me feeling ungodly unclean, this is an amazing, beautiful episode. I loved every moment of it after the OP. Because fuck you Ragyo and Nui, or should I say Satan Bitch. You both are Satan Bitches. I look forward to your demises.

Satsuki looks good with Senketsu, as to be expected, but it was never meant to be enjoy that fanservice, folks!. You have no idea how giddy I got at the callback to the first episode. I was so happy to see that.

Never change, Mako, you're so freakin' adorable. I wish I could meet someone like you.
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSteve View Post
    Satsuki will at first get her backside handed to her, and then will begin to claw it back and make Ryuko think straight. Do we think that Ryuko has been mentally refitted or something else?

Also, I was not expecting Nui to have been born IN Life Fibres. The moment Ryuko stabbed her, it was far, far too obvious that Ryuko had lost.
    Sorry, what was that, Serebii? I was right all along? Why thank you!

Well that was an amazing episode. In fact, there was so much good that it'd be easier to point out the bad:
    -That opening scene. As a straight teenage boy, I'm surprised I could be so disturbed by lesbians. Incestual undertones didn't help none.
    -Mako is funny and all, but really should start getting used a bit less now. The sudden lightening of the mood really isn't appreciated sometimes.
    -I hate the closing credits so much. I've said this before, but it keeps getting worse.

But at least we got this. Not as good as some of the gifs to come out of this show, but I like Shiro and Hoka's interactions. Its kind of like Nonon and Satsuki or Ira and Mako, but a bit less shippy.
    Last edited by CuriousHeartless; 8th March 2014 at 3:06 AM.

Now kill Nui and get the completed scissors, Ryuko!
    Douglas Adams

THEY BROUGHT IT BACK!

10/10 TRIGGER!

Some good comradery this episode. Dat embarrased Ryuko. Dat Nui voice.

Ryoko is a lame main charater and think she boring as the episodes go on. For what I mean is that When Ryoko yells at her partner and runs off on a motercycle, I just think she was a jerk to them and it show that her anger can get her in trouble and make it easy for her mother to control her when fighting with Newy. I think that Ryoko's sister should have been the main charater because she is much more instressing and has more to fight for then Ryoko.
    Last edited by p96822; 14th March 2014 at 11:41 AM.

SATAN BITCH WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE STOP SCARING ME AND JUST DIE ALREADY

That ending was amazing, Ryuko and Satsuki are teaming up and getting in sync (if that transformation montage was anything to go by, loved that part), and Mako is going to kick ass. Shit's going down, and I'm stoked for the finale. It's going to be very sad to see it end, though, but there's an epic battle coming up.

(Also, I immediately thought of Jaegar/Kaiju there at the end. Yeah... that thing's freaky.)

Senketsu bawling his eye out was a bit odd, but considering the crap he went through that month, I don't blame him for getting emotional over it. He and Ryuko are so adorable together X3.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Ryoko is a lame main charater and think she boring as the episodes go on
    I cannot comprehend this. I don't really understand how you've come to this conclusion when she's clearly went through character development.
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    (Also, I immediately thought of Jaegar/Kaiju there at the end. Yeah... that thing's freaky.)
    I totally thought of Super Galaxy/Chouginga Gurren Lagann, I can't have been the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Ryoko is a lame main charater and think she boring as the episodes go on
    Nice spelling you got there.

Nui got rekt. Thanks based Trigger!

That was amazing. I absolutely LOVED the development of the characters and their relationships. Nice to see all the interactions here. And the action was amazing. A full 11/10 here. I could even forgive the ending credits for once.

Also, is it just me, or does Iori's uniform look a bit feminine?

This episode was beautiful

It had everything
    Douglas Adams

Well they made sure to hammer it home WHY exactly Ryuko is so upset. It kinda makes me feel bad for her, but damn it's frustrating to watch her run headfirst into a trap like that.

I think someone somewhere else mentioned that it was because she had her eye stabbed out with both scissors while everything she's actually regened from was from just one.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast