Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill la Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    The animation was so bad. So so bad. Done on the the budget of three fiddy. Still funny as **** though, made the absolute most of what little it had.
    They could be saving the overall budget, just like ttgl
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Animation was bad as all their best people are obviously busy working on Inferno Cop.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    They could be saving the overall budget, just like ttgl
    Except in Gurren Lagann it looked bad because of the shitty guest director, Osamu Kobayashi. Same with the latter half of Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt episode 5.

Except in Gurren Lagann it looked bad because of the shitty guest director, Osamu Kobayashi. Same with the latter half of Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt episode 5.
    The first half of TTGL isn't exactly glorious animation, this could be the case here
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

I guess I've just not picky about the animation the last couple of episodes--odd since I'm an animation fan. The first episode was big and glorious for a reason, but it looks like I'm really more invested in the characters and their interactions with the world than I am with the animation at this point. I still think it's amazing, what with the loose style and how character designs are very appealing, but everything goes by so fast I don't really have the time (or even energy afterward, funnily enough) to go through the animation frame by frame. As long as it's still enjoyable, they could change art styles midway into the episode and I probably would let it slide. Probably.

Right now, I'm just trying to imagine the recording sessions. They sound like they're always yelling into the microphone, so they have to be a good foot a ways in order to not clip. What I would give to spend one day in that recording studio watching Ami Koshimizu, Ryouka Yuzuki, or even Aya Suzaki (who actually seems to look like Mako if her picture's anything to go by) become animated behind the glass. There's no doubt in my mind that they are having fun voicing these characters, so to see them in action would probably produce some golden moments.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

My god, the animation in this episode seemed like a short American flash cartoon.

But that made the comedy of the entire episode 10 times better

My favorite hilarious bits were when they showed Ryuko's panties and all of the Mankanshoku males were killed off in weird traffic incidents. I have no idea why that would be though

And this gif:
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    As long as it's still enjoyable, they could change art styles midway into the episode and I probably would let it slide. Probably.
    If Imaishi does the South Park gag a third time I'm going to go nuts. I love when he does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    My god, the animation in this episode seemed like a short American flash cartoon.

But that made the comedy of the entire episode 10 times better

My favorite hilarious bits were when they showed Ryuko's panties and all of the Mankanshoku males were killed off in weird traffic incidents. I have no idea why that would be though

And this gif:
    The faces of the people shooting back at them were hilarious to me

But of course the best part was when the breastfeeding lady pulls out a tummygun
    Last edited by hawkeye721; 25th October 2013 at 7:02 PM.

Striped panties are becoming more canon.

This show. The worst animating episode of anything this year. Yet the most fun I've had so far. What is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    This show. The worst animating episode of anything this year. Yet the most fun I've had so far. What is going on.
    I disagree, Inferno Cop aired this year.
    My Anime List

Inferno Cop didn't feel like I was playing a game as the framerate started dropping.

How many episodes is this supposed to be?

So I've seen some posts on Tumblr about Kill la Kill, and I... I kinda wanna watch it now

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    How many episodes is this supposed to be?
    24 or 25

Quote Originally Posted by Xionea View Post
    So I've seen some posts on Tumblr about Kill la Kill, and I... I kinda wanna watch it now
    I don't even want to know what there saying about it on Tumblr but its a really fun anime

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    I don't even want to know what there saying about it on Tumblr but its a really fun anime
    I imagine lots and lots of hate and rants complete with powerpoint.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Half of Tumblr's Kill la Kill tag is ranting that it's sexist rapist garbage, half of it is saying it's about bodyshaming and empowerment. Both sides just looking for content that really isn't there.

And then there's the other half fawning over how hot that teacher is.

Half of Tumblr's Kill la Kill tag is ranting that it's sexist rapist garbage, half of it is saying it's about bodyshaming and empowerment. Both sides just looking for content that really isn't there.

What about the other 2 halves? The one that hate it because it's just terrible all around and the one who just loves it for what it is?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Tumblr, not even once.

Someone should point out the glamorization of wrist cutting to tumblr, they'd love that.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Someone should point out the glamorization of wrist cutting to tumblr, they'd love that.
    Actually, everyone in Tumblr was also in agreement that Kotaku was shit.

Actually, everyone in Tumblr was also in agreement that Kotaku was shit.
    Probably because Kotaku, like all of the Gawker Network sites, is shit.

I kinda wish they'd realize that for some of the other ones, though.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Holy crap this episode, I can't wait to get more info on these militant nudists

I swear, with every passing episode, I'm becoming more and more of a Senketsu/Ryuko fan. Is that normal? Am I the only one here who is shipping the two? Not that I mind if I am... *shifty eyes* If Senketsu had a human form, he'd be hot*NEEDLE SHOT*

This episode is glorious, everything about it was a blast to watch (almost like it was making up for last week). Tsumugu is gonna be tons of fun, and his catchphrase memetic--just watch. I really expect to see more of him in the future, he really added something to this show just by appearing. (And he's a Nudist? Oh good Lord XD. But that explains why it is Mikisugi was stripping when talking to Ryuko. Or not, and he's just crazy-awesome like that.) HNNNNNNG, Mako, you're so crazy, but you're so loveable! I wanna be your friend, too ;.;!
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Xionea View Post
    Please do so it's the best 2013 has to offer

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast