Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill la Kill

Best part of the episode might just have been Ryuko finishing off the Biology Club. Why? Because this means we're not doing the "club of the week" thing. Half the show most likely won't be Ryuko fighting each of the clubs. Pacing is saved.

The new character is great, the animation this episode was fantastic, most if not everything was on model. Some feels this episode, that showdown in the bathroom had a bunch of great moments, as well as Ryuko and Senketsu's exchange afterwards. Definitely dropping hints of some much bigger things going on. I'm loving how this is progressing, just like Gurren Lagann.

And I got a little excited that they had a karuta club.

Naked Nudist Beach

Fuck, messed it up, now I'm ashamed
    Last edited by Eternal Darkness; 2nd November 2013 at 5:38 AM.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    Naked Beach
    I don't think my body is ready yet for naked Tsumugu (I'll come back to you on Mikisugi)--nor do I think it ever will be. We got a shot of his bare behind, but it was in shadow, so one would have to pause and look every which way to really get a look at it. And this is why I'm making it an effort to watch it facing my door, because one never knows who will walk in from behind and see what's on the computer screen.

*beat*

If that's what you're implying, anyway... I'm actually sensing a beach episode of sorts coming up in the future, it seems almost inevitable at this point.

I'm also wondering if it would be possible for a sentient sailor fuku to get nosebleeds in that kind of scenario even though I don't think it will eeeeeeever happen since it becomes just as skimpy, if not more-so, than the average bikini.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 1st November 2013 at 9:44 AM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I'm also wondering if it would be possible for a sentient sailor fuku to get nosebleeds in that kind of scenario
    It shoots red threads out of itself for no reason?

even though I don't think it will eeeeeeever happen since it becomes just as skimpy, if not more-so, than the average bikini.
    Details, details.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I don't think my body is ready yet for naked Tsumugu (I'll come back to you on Mikisugi)--nor do I think it ever will be. We got a shot of his bare behind, but it was in shadow, so one would have to pause and look every which way to really get a look at it. And this is why I'm making it an effort to watch it facing my door, because one never knows who will walk in from behind and see what's on the computer screen.

*beat*

If that's what you're implying, anyway... I'm actually sensing a beach episode of sorts coming up in the future, it seems almost inevitable at this point.

I'm also wondering if it would be possible for a sentient sailor fuku to get nosebleeds in that kind of scenario even though I don't think it will eeeeeeever happen since it becomes just as skimpy, if not more-so, than the average bikini.
    The joke will be that senketsu covers more more as a swimsuit then then in battle mode
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

*beat*

Damnit, totally messed it up. Oh well

If you think about it, they gave out a lot of good information in this episode
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    The joke will be that senketsu covers more more as a swimsuit then then in battle mode
    So exactly like what Yoko wears in the beach episode of Gurren Lagann.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

this series is great. My favorite parts of each episode have been the weird "Mako explains a bizarre idea or concept through rapid shots of humorous stills" segments. My only complaint is just how RIDICULOUS Ryuko's battle outfit is, which is beyond skimpy even by normal anime standards. I keep hoping there's gonna be a mid-season costume upgrade that covers a bit more skin, but at the same time, it's about par for the course in terms of how the show presents itself. Episode 5 was fantastic after the previous one had been a bit of filler. I expect it to keep improving.
    aw hell no, wassup dog

3DS: 3738-0723-5498
    Friend Safari for X: Ghost-type, Phantump/Lampent/Dusclops

currently breeding a team for IVs and such in Alpha Sapphire. yay. also slowly but surely filling the dex as I clear out X and settle down in AS.

Pokedex Progress: 503/719

This show freaking insane. So much explosion, constant yelling and over the top scenes. I love this show. I will admit that I had almost no expectations for this show. I hadn't seen the trailer and I barely read the synopsis. However, I was a bit curious, so I gave it a chance and it is EXACTLY what I wanted and expected from the disappointment that is Mushibugyo.

Love, too simple of an answer.

Nudisto. BEEEEEEEEEEEEACH! *sparkle sparkle*

My body was not ready, hell, nothing could have prepared me for this. That terrified and fascinated me. Still, everything was glorious, from animation to that amazing soundtrack. It has cheered me up, it's what I look forward to at the end of a stressful school week. I just have to remember to keep my drooling to a minimum.

I don't know if that flashback was a reference toward anything, but it's got shout-out vibes all over it. I just don't know to what.

Still supporting SenketsuxRyuko. Iron those lapels, girl. Ohhhhh yeaaaaah.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Well it's like Mako said, Ryuko's are bigger.
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I remember that poll.

Great episode, the monkey turned into daredevil
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

I just started watching Kill la Kill, and I've got to say, it's pretty awesome.
    At first I was thrown off by the costume design for Ryuko... I'm pretty tired of nonstop fanservice in anime, so I almost didn't give the show a chance. But the fact that not only she, but the other characters, agree that her costume is ridiculous, helped a lot in convincing me that it wasn't just for the sake of boobs that she dressed the way she did. As the series progressed and they continued to build symbolism based on clothing, or the lack thereof, I was thoroughly impressed with the ability of the writers to subvert common anime tropes as they popped up.
    tl;dr version: I love this anime, I think it's brilliant, and I'm really glad it came out directly after Attack on Titan so I wouldn't be bored all Winter long.

Nudisto. BEEEEEEEEEEEEACH! *sparkle sparkle*
    Laughed my *** of at that part. (shout out to the Shaft head tilt)

ALREADY at the Elite Four. 6 episodes in. How is this even happening? It took Gurren Lagann 7 episodes to get to that, so Kill la Kill is going even faster.

Out of all the badass things in this show I think Sanegeyama just took the cake for the most hardcore one. And now he looks like a Ninja Turtle. Fantastic. I wonder if they'll add that in next weeks opening.

Nowhere but up from here folks.
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 8th November 2013 at 2:32 AM.

Pretty good episode. Loving the comedy in this anime alot more every episode

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessAbsol View Post
    tl;dr version: I love this anime, I think it's brilliant, and I'm really glad it came out directly after Attack on Titan so I wouldn't be bored all Winter long.
    Winter is going to have some great animes out idk what your talking about

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    Winter is going to have some great animes out idk what your talking about
    I don't keep up with what's coming out, I just watch whatever comes under my radar. So if you have any suggestions on other good stuff that's coming out this Winter I'd love to hear them! I never say no to good suggestions XD

I don't keep up with what's coming out, I just watch whatever comes under my radar. So if you have any suggestions on other good stuff that's coming out this Winter I'd love to hear them! I never say no to good suggestions XD
    I think there's been suggestions that the second season of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure might be coming out in Winter 2013 (it'll probably be the length of two seasons when it comes out, too).
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Space Dandy has some hype. also if u seen season 1 Chuunibyou season 2 is coming out. Nisekoi will be released by shaft. Second Cour of Gin no Sagi will be out to. plus the millions of 2 cours animes that are airing this season

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    Space Dandy has some hype. also if u seen season 1 Chuunibyou season 2 is coming out. Nisekoi will be released by shaft. Second Cour of Gin no Sagi will be out to. plus the millions of 2 cours animes that are airing this season
    Just checked out Space Dandy. I'll give it a shot when it comes out, if only because everybody else will be watching it. I'll look into the other things you mentioned as well!

I loved both battles. They really couldn't have done it a lot better. Also nice to see some development for one of the Elite 4, that gives me hopes that Satsuki and Ryuko may join forces at some point. Also I loved how much detail they gave to the teacher's stripping. NUDIST BEACH

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    I think there's been suggestions that the second season of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure might be coming out in Winter 2013 (it'll probably be the length of two seasons when it comes out, too).
    It may actually be longer, too, seeing how Part 3 onward are all over 150 chapters mangawise. I've heard stuff like if they want to fit everything in Part 3 wise, they need 3 seasons or so. But if they cut out some of the unimportant fluff, it could be 26 episodes again
    Douglas Adams

Love how it's kinda like Pokemon in a way with the Eilte Four and a leader of them.
    Mii: Kaiyo [Friend Code is 1993-7286-9750. Friend Safari is Normal with ] PSN/Xbox Live/Steam/Twitter/ Youtube/Raptr/Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by KaiyoOrganiz View Post
    Love how it's kinda like Pokemon in a way with the Eilte Four and a leader of them.
    umm i wouldnt compare it to pokemon more as i compare it to a leader with elite guards

Oh my God, Ryuko--I mean Mako made the best club EVER. Until the feels hit. And then it stopped being the best club ever 8(. Not that it was the best club ever anyway...

Something tells me I'm going to cry my eyes out before the anime ends. It's just the vibes I'm getting.
    I survived Pupa.

That was my favourite costume design yet and now it's gone. How can something be so cute and so badass at the same time? Trigger found a way. Fantastic episode as usual.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast