Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon (All Seasons) Shippings

Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    Shipping is omnipresent, as it seems.
    If real-life shippings exist among fans, this shouldn't surprise anyone.

Neither would I. Leomon was a Running Gag... but this? I am not amused at all.
    Leomon shouldn't have been a running gag either. What sicko thought it'd be amusing to kill off all Leomon and Wizardmon incarnations?

Well, at least the look on Myotismon's face while Angewomon was about to shoot an arrow through his heart and especially when it actually hit was so satisfying...
    Indeed.

NOOOO! *Breaks down.* They are with Myotismon!
    xD Wait, wut. The character's a bit of a vagabond from what I remember hearing about him. (I only watched the first several episodes before I got bored. He apparently shows up around episode 10 or something.)

Well, many Ship-To-Ship Combats have probably taken place over it, many seeking Canon Discontinuity.
    Perhaps. I'm sure shippers of Yolei and Ken (separately) weren't happy with the ending, so they may have gotten in fights with the Ken/Yolei ship. Don't think it's similar to how T.K./Kari and Davis/Kari fought, but who knows.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2016 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Come to think of it, Pokemon and Digimon get crossed over a lot. I think they were the first big animes of the generation and people wanted to see them mixed together. In digimon I kinda keep my shipping between the human characters though there are a few exceptions I think. Just none of the digi x digi ships appealed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChloboShoka View Post
    Come to think of it, Pokemon and Digimon get crossed over a lot. I think they were the first big animes of the generation and people wanted to see them mixed together. In digimon I kinda keep my shipping between the human characters though there are a few exceptions I think. Just none of the digi x digi ships appealed to me.
    They were one of the three "Mons Series" that appeared around the same time, along with Monster Rancher, after all. However, I still think people should not fight about one copying the other...

Interesting. Personally, the Digimon Ships appeal to me more than the human ships.

For some reason I'm just not a big fan of Digimon anymore but I do still like T.K./Kari.
    I support shipping diversity because our fanbases would be boring if we all supported the bloody canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiko-Gale View Post
    For some reason I'm just not a big fan of Digimon anymore but I do still like T.K./Kari.
    Yah, if only they left that one up in the air like they do with Pokemon pairings to keep the fandom guessing * Sigh * Over all, series two was a big disappointment for shippers in that fandom. They shot down all the popular pairings and just decided to chose by doing a paper out of a hat game, it's just more easy and fun that way :P

If we are going by crossover pairings, I can't imagine any one of these girls with Ash. Well, ok maybe series 1 Sora.
    I think that could work actually, now I feel like writing a fan fiction for this pairing idea LOL.

Did any one besides me like Kazu x Rika? They had some moments.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Yah, if only they left that one up in the air like they do with Pokemon pairings to keep the fandom guessing * Sigh * Over all, series two was a big disappointment for shippers in that fandom. They shot down all the popular pairings and just decided to chose by doing a paper out of a hat game, it's just more easy and fun that way :P
    Something tells me they decided to be trolls. They knew about the hints in the first season, but I doubt these writers (they got new writers for Zero Two, maybe changed them a couple of times throughout its production) were aware of it, or they didn't care. The fact they scrapped the Dark Ocean arc should tell you something about how much these writers cared about this show. They must've known it was bad to begin with, and it just got worse over time.

Which is probably why everything turned out for the worse for both the fans and the shippers... Wizardmon's ghost I doubt they pulled out of their ass, but you know... didn't he play an important part? Couldn't they have gone back to him a couple more times, maybe made him a key role in the final battle? They better not have wrote that scene just to play with our heartstrings--and considering he didn't show up again afterwards, something tells me Wizardmon got scrapped from the plot, too. I mean come on! There were 50 episodes, he showed up in episode 17, not yet at the halfway point. They could've fit him into the plot! Because Lord knows that would've added more to the Wiz/Gato, Pata/Gato, and Vee/Gato fire even more, which really should've happened anyway.

Good Lord, these flashbacks... that season was awful the longer I think back to it. The fact they had a shitty sequel to Our War Game should give it away. And yet for whatever reason, more people have issues over Frontier than they do with Zero Two. (Speaking of, I supported Takuya/Zoe for a bit back when the show was on. Didn't go anywhere, though, especially since it hinted more toward J.P./Zoe, which I guess should've happened now that I think about it.)
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Something tells me they decided to be trolls. They knew about the hints in the first season, but I doubt these writers (they got new writers for Zero Two, maybe changed them a couple of times throughout its production) were aware of it, or they didn't care. The fact they scrapped the Dark Ocean arc should tell you something about how much these writers cared about this show. They must've known it was bad to begin with, and it just got worse over time.

Tell me about it! Hell, they could even have had the D-Reaper mutate because of contact with the Dark Ocean! WHY?! WHY WAS IT SCRAPPED!?

WHAT!? IS THIS!? I!? DON'T EVEN!?

Which is probably why everything turned out for the worse for both the fans and the shippers... Wizardmon's ghost I doubt they pulled out of their ass, but you know... didn't he play an important part? Couldn't they have gone back to him a couple more times, maybe made him a key role in the final battle? They better not have wrote that scene just to play with our heartstrings--and considering he didn't show up again afterwards, something tells me Wizardmon got scrapped from the plot, too. I mean come on! There were 50 episodes, he showed up in episode 17, not yet at the halfway point. They could've fit him into the plot! Because Lord knows that would've added more to the Wiz/Gato, Pata/Gato, and Vee/Gato fire even more, which really should've happened anyway.

Blame Executive Meddling.

Good Lord, these flashbacks... that season was awful the longer I think back to it. The fact they had a shitty sequel to Our War Game should give it away. And yet for whatever reason, more people have issues over Frontier than they do with Zero Two. (Speaking of, I supported Takuya/Zoe for a bit back when the show was on. Didn't go anywhere, though, especially since it hinted more toward J.P./Zoe, which I guess should've happened now that I think about it.)[/QUOTE]

Hey, I like Diaboromon Strikes Back, it's not ####! Now, I'll grant you Frontier, but any movie with Omnimon/Imperialdramon Fighter Mode in it, is not ####!
    If anyone wants to contact me, they can do so at the following sites, under the corresponding name.

Deviantart; XadhoomFanboy.
    Pojo; Xadhoom.
    FF.Net; Zero.Slash.One.
    Serebii Forums; Xadhoom.
    Youtube; Xadhoom Xado.
    MangaFox; Xadhoom.

I swear I didn't mean to kill that thread! Or the other one! Or any of the twenty-fifty threads I've killed. It was pure luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    Tell me about it! Hell, they could even have had the D-Reaper mutate because of contact with the Dark Ocean! WHY?! WHY WAS IT SCRAPPED!?

WHAT!? IS THIS!? I!? DON'T EVEN!?
    I don't remember the latter half of Zero Two because it bored me half-to-death, so I'm not too familiar with the D-Reapers. But the Dark Ocean had so many interesting things about it, and it was, what, the only time for a while we got to see Angewomon? Apparently it was scrapped because one: that was the episode a guest director did, and two: they had to do a rewrite midway in the show because the directors were having creative problems with the story. Thus the executive meddling.

It really was a bad season...

Hey, I like Diaboromon Strikes Back, it's not ####! Now, I'll grant you Frontier, but any movie with Omnimon/Imperialdramon Fighter Mode in it, is not ####!
    Good for you that you liked it, but I didn't. It lacked the heart of Our War Game that I enjoyed, the dialogue (while cheesy) felt off compared to the first (probably because it was a different dub), everyone but a select few were useless, Diaboromon's next evolution didn't get a name and did nothing, and it felt really pointless to me. It also brought up two plotholes (I consider them plotholes): why did Diaboromon survive Omnimon's attack in the first movie when it was shown that Diaboromon was demolished? And how did Tai, Matt, T.K. and Kari escape the Internet? We never saw them find a way out of the Internet.

And since this is a shipping thread, there were no shippy moments in the movie compared to the previous ones. I think. I'd check, but I don't want to touch the movie again.

Wait, actually, Our War Game pretty much hyped up Tai/Sora. And yet for whatever reason, Hiroyuki Kakudou says that Matt/Sora was planned from the beginning. I'm sorry, but I call bullcrap on that. If that was the case, why did they show more hints between Tai and Sora than with Matt?!? Everyone, everyone saw Tai/Sora than they did Matt/Sora. Hell, the Japanese voice actors for Gabumon and Yamato were surprised by this choice. (Gabumon's voice actress even said this, "Honestly, Sora! If you’d spent just a few minutes to ask [Gabumon] for advice, I would have said, 'Sora, don’t do this to yourself. It’s Taichi you should go for.'")

The fact the guy wouldn't give much away just makes it more suspicious. Even then, it's still not enough to make me really like the final product since it doesn't forgive what happened to Zero Two.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I don't remember the latter half of Zero Two because it bored me half-to-death, so I'm not too familiar with the D-Reapers. But the Dark Ocean had so many interesting things about it, and it was, what, the only time for a while we got to see Angewomon? Apparently it was scrapped because one: that was the episode a guest director did, and two: they had to do a rewrite midway in the show because the directors were having creative problems with the story. Thus the executive meddling.

It really was a bad season...
    Angewomon later appeared... and then gave her power to Imperialdramon to revive him. Instead of just using Heaven's Charge to paralyze SkullSatamon and kill him. ._. It was inconsistent.

Actually, Chiaki Konaka was not really a guest writer, more of a regular, but as there were so many writers, it got scrapped. Ew.

But it was still my favourite, shipping aside. ;^;

Good for you that you liked it, but I didn't. It lacked the heart of Our War Game that I enjoyed, the dialogue (while cheesy) felt off compared to the first (probably because it was a different dub), everyone but a select few were useless, Diaboromon's next evolution didn't get a name and did nothing, and it felt really pointless to me. It also brought up two plotholes: why did Diaboromon survive Omnimon's attack in the first movie when it was shown that Diaboromon was demolished? And how did Tai, Matt, T.K. and Kari escape the Internet? We never saw them find a way out of the Internet.
    Diaboromon's Digivolution was named Armageddomon... perhaps it was demolished because, last time, the clones blocked part of the blow? The other clones were still demolished, because they were still weaker? Maybe the quartet found a way out off-screen? Yet, I do not think making Imperialdramon Fighter Mode Digivolve further was a good idea. How about making Seraphimon and Magnadramon appear and actually do something useful?

And since this is a shipping thread, there were no shippy moments in the movie compared to the previous ones. I think.

Wait, actually, Our War Game pretty much hyped up Tai/Sora. And yet for whatever reason, Hiroyuki Kakudou says that Matt/Sora was planned from the beginning. I'm sorry, but I call bullcrap on that. If that was the case, why did they show more hints between Tai and Sora than with Matt?!? Everyone, everyone saw Tai/Sora than they did Matt/Sora. Hell, the Japanese voice actors for Gabumon and Yamato were surprised by this choice. (Gabumon's voice actress even said this, "Honestly, Sora! If you’d spent just a few minutes to ask [Gabumon] for advice, I would have said, 'Sora, don’t do this to yourself. It’s Taichi you should go for.'")
    Ah, I remember the hairclip issue in the first movie. It was nice to see some shipping moments between all the intense action. I do not remember any such moments in the second movie, either... which is why I prefer the former all the way.

And then they had to go and turn Our War Game!, Diaboromon Strikes Back, and Hurricane Touchdown! The Golden Digimentals! into a single Movie. And it made little sense. Especially the third one. It was a mess.

The fact the guy wouldn't give much away just makes it more suspicious. Even then, it's still not enough to make me really like the final product since it doesn't forgive what happened to Zero Two.
    So many Ships sank during the final episode... if that had not happened, Tai / Sora would still be afloat, as despite heavy implications, there was still a chance... but no, the epilogue made it sink...

But it is still my favourite, shipping aside.

Angewomon later appeared... and then gave her power to Imperialdramon to revive him. Instead of just using Heaven's Charge to paralyze SkullSatamon and kill him. ._. It was inconsistent.

Actually, Chiaki Konaka was not really a guest writer, more of a regular, but as there were so many writers, it got scrapped. Ew.
    Yeah, see, I don't remember that, and I guess I'm glad I don't. Ya dun goofed, writers.

Then again, the excuse as to why Gatomon lost her tail ring was because it was so she could Armor Digivolve because everyone knows she would've wiped the floor with nearly every Digimon just by being Angewomon--or hell, if she Mega Digivolved. What I'd give for Magnadramon to appear in the actual show itself, if not Ophanimon.

Diaboromon's Digivolution was named Armageddomon... perhaps it was demolished because, last time, the clones blocked part of the blow? The other clones were still demolished, because they were still weaker? Maybe the quartet found a way out off-screen? Yet, I do not think making Imperialdramon Fighter Mode Digivolve further was a good idea. How about making Seraphimon and Magnadramon appear and actually do something useful?
    I don't know, and I don't care at this point. I didn't like the movie anyway, it just felt so hackneyed and rushed, and overall pointless. Almost like they really needed a movie and decided to make an unnecessary sequel to a good movie, thus mucking it up in the process. Because the writers of Zero Two couldn't write consistently.

Ah, I remember the hairclip issue in the first movie. It was nice to see some shipping moments between all the intense action. I do not remember any such moments in the second movie, either... which is why I prefer the former all the way.

And then they had to go and turn Our War Game!, Diaboromon Strikes Back, and Hurricane Touchdown! The Golden Digimentals! into a single Movie. And it made little sense. Especially the third one. It was a mess.
    And Our War Game was awesome anyway even without the shipping moments, because at least everyone was in character, the action was cool, and there were very little, if any plotholes. Also, the dub was great for that movie. Shame it got shoved into a crappily-edited movie for the dub, but by itself, it's amazing.

Diaboromon Strikes Back wasn't in the trilogy movie, you're thinking of the first Digimon movie that was like a prologue to the series.

So many Ships sank during the final episode... if that had not happened, Tai / Sora would still be afloat, as despite heavy implications, there was still a chance... but no, the epilogue made it sink...
    It's like I said, the Taiora ship is a ghost ship haunting the Shipping Seas. The fact that its presence is still strong to this day is proof of that. (I'd dare-say it's the most famous of ghost ships--probably because I don't know of any other ghost ships.)

Yeah, see, I don't remember that, and I guess I'm glad I don't. Ya dun goofed, writers.

Then again, the excuse as to why Gatomon lost her tail ring was because it was so she could Armor Digivolve because everyone knows she would've wiped the floor with nearly every Digimon just by being Angewomon--or hell, if she Mega Digivolved. What I'd give for Magnadramon to appear in the actual show itself, if not Ophanimon.
    Even just Gatomon herself with her Tail Ring. She would wipe the floor with any klutzy Champions who cannot match her speed. Not to mention she somehow had the upper hand on Mummymon, an Ultimate Level Digimon, without her Tail Ring.

And I am positive Magnadramon is more powerful than Ophanimon.

I don't know, and I don't care at this point. I didn't like the movie anyway, it just felt so hackneyed and rushed, and overall pointless. Almost like they really needed a movie and decided to make an unnecessary sequel to a good movie, thus mucking it up in the process. Because the writers of Zero Two couldn't write consistently.
    As if they were all going solo. So many writers, no teamwork. Awesome.

And Our War Game was awesome anyway even without the shipping moments, because at least everyone was in character, the action was cool, and there were very little, if any plotholes. Also, the dub was great for that movie. Shame it got shoved into a crappily-edited movie for the dub, but by itself, it's amazing.
    And I adored the animation. I really did. WHY did Angemon not come out and show unleash his awesomeness? Why did he have to target Patamon? ;^; At least Angemon got back at him, with Angewomon, in Diaboromon Strikes Back.

It's like I said, the Taiora ship is a ghost ship haunting the Shipping Seas. The fact that its presence is still strong to this day is proof of that. (I'd dare-say it's the most famous of ghost ships--probably because I don't know of any other ghost ships.)
    Well, Davis / Yolei is another ghost ship. And maybe some with Ken. But they are nowhere as prevalent as Tai / Sora.
    Last edited by Mew The Gato; 13th November 2013 at 5:20 PM.

Even just Gatomon herself with her Tail Ring. She would wipe the floor with any klutzy Champions who cannot match her speed. Not to mention she somehow had the upper hand on Mummymon, an Ultimate Level Digimon, without her Tail Ring.

And I am positive Magnadramon is more powerful than Ophanimon.
    Dammit, I wish I remembered that.

Ophanimon's got a cooler design, and she sticks to the angel motif.

As if they were all going solo. So many writers, no teamwork. Awesome.
    That wouldn't surprise me. The fact it didn't become an unrecognizable mess at the end is really amazing, but it was still icky.

And I adored the animation. I really did. WHY did Angemon not come out and show unleash his awesomeness? Why did he have to target Patamon? ;^; At least Angemon got back at him, with Angewomon, in Diaboromon Strikes Back.
    The animation's my favorite thing about the movie. The same director did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, which is an awesome movie. Diaboromon targeted Patamon because he's weak. If I remember correctly, Patamon was in the middle of Digivolving like the others, but Infermon stopped them before they could finish. Oh dear God, Infermon's design was based off the Y2K bug.

Well, Davis / Yolei is another ghost ship. And maybe some with Ken. But they are nowhere as prevalent as Tai / Sora.
    I reeeeeeally don't remember Davis/Yolei, I don't know of anyone who actually shipped the two. So even if they're a ghost ship, they can't do anything. Chances are it's more-or-less just vanished from existence altogether. (Ken/Kari I've seen quite a bit back in the day, so that one should count.)

Dammit, I wish I remembered that.

Ophanimon's got a cooler design, and she sticks to the angel motif.
    I think Magnadramon looks... cute. And I like animal-like creatures better than humanoid ones. That is just me, though.

That wouldn't surprise me. The fact it didn't become an unrecognizable mess at the end is really amazing, but it was still icky.
    I wonder if they even took time to carefully read the things that the other writers wrote...

The animation's my favorite thing about the movie. The same director did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, which is an awesome movie. Diaboromon targeted Patamon because he's weak. If I remember correctly, Patamon was in the middle of Digivolving like the others, but Infermon stopped them before they could finish. Oh dear God, Infermon's design was based off the Y2K bug.
    Uh... because he is weak? How would he know he is weak? Although Infermon is still Dangerously Genre Savvy. He probably knows about Patamon's Magikarp Power or maybe he could sense it.

I reeeeeeally don't remember Davis/Yolei, I don't know of anyone who actually shipped the two. So even if they're a ghost ship, they can't do anything. Chances are it's more-or-less just vanished from existence altogether. (Ken/Kari I've seen quite a bit back in the day, so that one should count.)
    I do not know much Davis/Yolei, either, except that it exists (or used to) and was in conflict with Davis/Kari.

Ken/Kari? I never heard of that. Do you know any details about it?

I wonder if they even took time to carefully read the things that the other writers wrote...
    I doubt it, personally.

Uh... because he is weak? How would he know he is weak? Although Infermon is still Dangerously Genre Savvy. He probably knows about Patamon's Magikarp Power or maybe he could sense it.
    Patamon's weak as he is. He gets a powerful boost when he becomes Angemon, but as a flying hamster, he's pretty useless when it comes to fighting off Digimon. That was the one thing that always bothered me about the first season was that Patamon couldn't do anything, and got himself hurt more than he hurt other Digimon.

I do not know much Davis/Yolei, either, except that it exists (or used to) and was in conflict with Davis/Kari.

Ken/Kari? I never heard of that. Do you know any details about it?
    I really don't remember Davis/Yolei, then... I don't know if the pairing ever crossed my mind, once. (Yolei/Cody, on the other hand...)

I think it's because of the Dark Ocean. Ken was affected by it as much as Kari was, so that probably was the big thing. It wasn't a popular pairing, but I have seen a couple of things about it, so some people liked it, apparently.

I doubt it, personally.
    Having so many writers gave them so much potential... yet, they were not careful enough to avoid the bad things about having so many writers... and then... this happened...

Patamon's weak as he is. He gets a powerful boost when he becomes Angemon, but as a flying hamster, he's pretty useless when it comes to fighting off Digimon. That was the one thing that always bothered me about the first season was that Patamon couldn't do anything, and got himself hurt more than he hurt other Digimon.
    He is weak, but how did Infermon know that he is weak? Because he is a cute flying guinea pig? My favourite Rookie is too weak. ;^;

I really don't remember Davis/Yolei, then... I don't know if the pairing ever crossed my mind, once. (Yolei/Cody, on the other hand...)
    I see how Yolei / Cody may exist... but I have never really heard about it before, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiko-Gale View Post
    I never supported that pairing to be honest, even though it seemed like the most canon ship especially during the second season/series. I never liked T.K. and I felt that Kari deserved better; I used to ship her with Davis but I gave up after a while because Kari spent almost every moment of her life by T.K.'s side. It irked me to no end lol. Yolei x Ken was cool though. I love that they actually ended up together. I also shipped Tai and Sora from the first season/series, but that ship sort of fell apart after it seemed evident that Sora liked Matt more than Tai.
    Last edited by Lorde; 5th December 2013 at 6:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew The Gato View Post
    He is weak, but how did Infermon know that he is weak? Because he is a cute flying guinea pig? My favourite Rookie is too weak. ;^;
    I think Digimon can sense strength/power from one-another, or they're that good with foresight. Devimon was very suspicious of Patamon, and he was determined to get rid of him before he could Digivolve, even though I don't think anyone knew Patamon would become Angemon and thus have the power to defeat Devimon. It could also be another reason why Myotismon was so intent on abusing Gatomon to bend to his will.

I see how Yolei / Cody may exist... but I have never really heard about it before, either.
    Probably wasn't very popular except for a small group of people. I dunno, when I saw the two together for the first time, I figured it would be either that or more of a brother/sister relationship. The two were stated to be good friends, right? It could've gone either way for them, but that apparently didn't last.

I completely forgot about this, but as I was reading the Digimon manga that I (finally) got my hands on, I was reminded of the episode focusing on Sora and Joe getting themselves involved in a creepy Bakemon occult. And thinking back on the anime as I was reading, I've come to the conclusion that Joe/Sora had much more chemistry than Matt/Sora. Not as much as Tai/Sora, of course, but Joe had a better chance of ending up with her even though it was unlikely to have ever happened officially. Why Joe/Sora fans haven't gone up in arms over it confuses me--oh wait, they were few in numbers...

Oh well.

I think Digimon can sense strength/power from one-another, or they're that good with foresight. Devimon was very suspicious of Patamon, and he was determined to get rid of him before he could Digivolve, even though I don't think anyone knew Patamon would become Angemon and thus have the power to defeat Devimon. It could also be another reason why Myotismon was so intent on abusing Gatomon to bend to his will.
    ...um... I said the same thing before, but you did not seem to agree: "He probably knows about Patamon's Magikarp Power or maybe he could sense it."

Probably wasn't very popular except for a small group of people. I dunno, when I saw the two together for the first time, I figured it would be either that or more of a brother/sister relationship. The two were stated to be good friends, right? It could've gone either way for them, but that apparently didn't last.
    I actually thought that Yolei and Cody were siblings during the first episodes. They really seemed to have such a relationship. I probably did not pay attention to the clear indications in the first episode against this, though. XD

I completely forgot about this, but as I was reading the Digimon manga that I (finally) got my hands on, I was reminded of the episode focusing on Sora and Joe getting themselves involved in a creepy Bakemon occult. And thinking back on the anime as I was reading, I've come to the conclusion that Joe/Sora had much more chemistry than Matt/Sora. Not as much as Tai/Sora, of course, but Joe had a better chance of ending up with her even though it was unlikely to have ever happened officially. Why Joe/Sora fans haven't gone up in arms over it confuses me--oh wait, they were few in numbers...

Oh well.
    Wow... Joe/Sora has more of a lead up than Matt/Sora. People often connect Matt/Sora to the "cave" incident in Adventure, but Joe was there, too...

Really, Sora and Joe seemed to have that adventure as if they had had similar ones tons of times before. Sora was willing to try and make Joe believe in himself. (Although that went horribly right.) There were no real conflicts between the two.

But no, they still had to go with Matt/Sora.

...um... I said the same thing before, but you did not seem to agree: "He probably knows about Patamon's Magikarp Power or maybe he could sense it."
    You did? I don't remember that... in any case, I came to that conclusion today reading the manga with Devimon. (It has been a while since I saw the anime, after all, but even then, I don't know if either answer is true or not.)

I actually thought that Yolei and Cody were siblings during the first episodes. They really seemed to have such a relationship. I probably did not pay attention to the clear indications in the first episode against this, though. XD
    I thought for a moment they were until they said their full names (I think they gave their full names in the dub). Even if they didn't, that mindset didn't last long anyway.

Wow... Joe/Sora has more of a lead up than Matt/Sora. People often connect Matt/Sora to the "cave" incident in Adventure, but Joe was there, too...

Really, Sora and Joe seemed to have that adventure as if they had had similar ones tons of times before. Sora was willing to try and make Joe believe in himself. (Although that went horribly right.) There were no real conflicts between the two.

But no, they still had to go with Matt/Sora.
    Yup. Poor Joe, he seems to be the butt monkey in the fandom, or at least he was until Davis showed up. He turned out to be a nice guy, so I probably wouldn't have minded Sora ending up with Joe in the end. But I don't think the two interacted much after they got back together as a group, so... I mean, the same thing happened with Mimi and Izzy. They just stopped interacting after they all met up prior to Etemon's arrival. It's kinda sad, they were cute together.

Yup. Poor Joe, he seems to be the butt monkey in the fandom, or at least he was until Davis showed up. He turned out to be a nice guy, so I probably wouldn't have minded Sora ending up with Joe in the end. But I don't think the two interacted much after they got back together as a group, so... I mean, the same thing happened with Mimi and Izzy. They just stopped interacting after they all met up prior to Etemon's arrival. It's kinda sad, they were cute together.
    He seemed so confident and wise in Adventure 02. He was probably the most resourceful of the whole group, and had excellent foresight and ability to create strategies. He has lost his whiny attitude, highlighting his good side. He is overlooked really often, but he is one of the most interesting characters in the Adventure cast.

Oh yeah, speaking of Sora pairings, I don't hear much from the yuri fandom anymore. Sora/Mimi was popular as was Sora/Yolei in Zero Two (meanwhile, the only yuri pairings for Kari I can think of are Yolei/Kari and Kari/Gatomon[Angewomon]), then they just quietly went away. Meanwhile, the yaoi fandom is still going strong--not surprised. Though speaking of yaoi, I don't hear much of T.K./Ken anymore, either. Actually, in all honesty, the only yaoi pairing I ever truly hear from Digimon anymore is Tai/Matt. Kinda odd everything else fell by the wayside and became mute. Unless the Taiora/Sorato ships intimidated them...

Also, was Etemon never paired up with anyone? Not that I care since I don't care for the guy (I still believe he owns girlie magazines hurr hurr), but I'm just a bit curious since the other baddies have pretty much been paired up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie
    Oh yeah, speaking of Sora pairings, I don't hear much from the yuri fandom anymore. Sora/Mimi was popular as was Sora/Yolei in Zero Two (meanwhile, the only yuri pairings for Kari I can think of are Yolei/Kari and Kari/Gatomon[Angewomon]), then they just quietly went away. Meanwhile, the yaoi fandom is still going strong--not surprised. Though speaking of yaoi, I don't hear much of T.K./Ken anymore, either. Actually, in all honesty, the only yaoi pairing I ever truly hear from Digimon anymore is Tai/Matt. Kinda odd everything else fell by the wayside and became mute. Unless the Taiora/Sorato ships intimidated them...
    I am surprised that Yolei/Mimi is not heard of that much. The episode... what was it...? The episode Family Picnic... had some implications between the two. Although I am not sure how Sora/Mimi and Sora/Yolei came to be. I can understand Yolei/Kari, though. Slap someone, and you get paired up with them. The DNA Digivolution pair...

Do Davis/Ken and T.K./Cody exist? I can also see the possibility of Cody/Ken and T.K./Davis.

Also, was Etemon never paired up with anyone? Not that I care since I don't care for the guy (I still believe he owns girlie magazines hurr hurr), but I'm just a bit curious since the other baddies have pretty much been paired up.
    I have not heard of him being paired with anyone... though... if Etemon/Sora exists due to that one episode... o_0

I would be much more comfortable with Etemon/Datamon. Two Digimon I do not like paired up.
    Last edited by Mew The Gato; 3rd January 2014 at 7:13 AM.

Do Davis/Ken and T.K./Cody exist? I can also see the possibility of Cody/Ken and T.K./Davis.
    Davis/Ken exists, oh yeah, same with T.K./Davis. T.K./Cody does as well, but it's not as popular. I haven't seen anything for Cody/Ken, though, and I don't want to.

I have not heard of him being paired with anyone... though... if Etemon/Sora exists due to that one episode... o_0
    Oh dear God, I hope not. But... *sigh* this is the Internet. It probably does exist somewhere. (I tried Googling it to make sure, and I nearly had a heart attack because I thought the search bar was giving options for Etemon and Gatomon.)

I would be much more comfortable with Etemon/Datamon. Two Digimon I do not like paired up.
    Oh yeah, that guy. I'm sure that's the main one if it really exists. But it's still really creepy, and I don't think the two were on good terms anyway. (Not that that hasn't stopped anyone...)

Davis/Ken exists, oh yeah, same with T.K./Davis. T.K./Cody does as well, but it's not as popular. I haven't seen anything for Cody/Ken, though, and I don't want to.
    Why exactly was Ken uncomfortable with interacting with Cody, again? Just because the latter held a grudge?

And they were so inconsistent with the children who agreed to have Ken in the group and who did not. In a single episode, T.K. and Yolei finally agree to have Ken in. (The former agreed long ago, but did not even participate in the quarrel. I would have loved to see Davis and T.K. team up for once.) The next episode, they shout at Davis for trying to bring Ken in...

Oh dear God, I hope not. But... *sigh* this is the Internet. It probably does exist somewhere. (I tried Googling it to make sure, and I nearly had a heart attack because I thought the search bar was giving options for Etemon and Gatomon.)
    And even more disturbing is the fact... that some people would be really into it... despite the imagery... ugh...

Oh yeah, that guy. I'm sure that's the main one if it really exists. But it's still really creepy, and I don't think the two were on good terms anyway. (Not that that hasn't stopped anyone...)
    They were not. But both of them were after Sora for their own reasons. Everyone is after Sora. Wait... is this a bit like Tai/Matt...? I hope not...

Yah man, you wouldn't believe how popular Davis x Ken is, type in Davis under Digimon on YouTube and tons of videos for that pairing comes up. Honestly think it's the most popular pairing of season two, besides maybe T.K x Karai.

Question though...How popular was Ken x Yolie? Not like it mattered, it seemed like the writers for season two didn't know what to do and just felt like drawing straws to see what pairing should happen :/

Cody x Yolie? Isn't he younger than her? Way younger? I don't ship that way I guess, unless it's a crush type than i'd find it adorable but maybe not ship it. Though, towards the end I have to admit I did kind of ship Davis x Yolie, it had a love / hate type feeling to me but whatever.

I wish we could do a re boot of some sort for season two ending at least, though it is funny how Tai and Davis were in the same situations, Tai should have helped Davis more with that, let him know that Karai clearly wasn't intrested in him and that he has other choices, better ones than her or give him advice on how to maybe win her heart. They should have given these two more scenes, I loved the mentor like relationship they had in the series
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast