View Poll Results: Which game(s) did you play?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gold

66 44.59%
  • Silver

76 51.35%
  • Crystal

91 61.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which Gen 2 Game Did You Play?

I got Silver for Christmas along with a Game Boy Color, and then Crystal a year or two after.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I played all 3 but I started with Silver

Gold version first!
    I HATED CATCHING THAT HO-OH! Took me like 2 days to finally get him in an ultra ball...ahh those frustrating times
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

Even though crystal did have more content, pokemon silver is still my favorite. Guess it's just nostalgia since that was the first pokemon game I played.

The poll results seem pretty evenly distributed!

How many of you still have an original Gold, Silver, or Crystal game cartridge that still saves??

My Crystal Version stills saves! ;D
    Sage Chow sent out Bellsprout!
    #BLUECOLLARGOLDSWAGGER

Pokémon Crystal was my first pokemon game ever.
    I support shipping diversity because our fanbases would be boring if we all supported the bloody canon.

I had Gold before everyone I knew, but it was in Japanese, but I still beat the whole game without knowing a single word.
    3DS FC: 5300-9437-2684
    Claim a Pokemon- Zekrom owner
    We are Fearless

I had Silver and although it may be due to nostalgia, it was my favorite game. I loved not know where and what everything is, which I'm attempting to do with X and Y now!
    White friend code: 5458 3426 3470
    White 2 Friend Code: 2581-2038-4234
    Y Friend Code: 3780-9581-5414

Still Needed!!!!!!
    None! (Although I'm always willing to get more Shaymins!

Available for Trade!
    Offering: x2 x2 x2 x2 x2 x2 x2 x2 x2 , Zygarde

I've played Silver and Crystal. I spent an equal amount of time on both, although i remember Crystal more vividly for some reason.

Played all three!
    "Dream 2 Defy! Extreme is not a style but a way of life."-Jeffery Nero Hardy

Silver, which also is the first Pokémon game I ever played with.

Gold first, and I remember I was the first in my family to defeat Lance. I fought him for an hour and then when I finally beat that damn Dragonite (with my Typhlosion about to faint no less) I screamed so loud my parents thought I'd hurt myself.

Lance is the reason I hate Dragon pokemon now, by the way. Not to train, but to fight against. Good thing they're fixing the OP-ness in X and Y though. About darn time. But I digress.

Unfortunately, I accidentally lost my Gold Version and my Gameboy Color in a rental car, but then I got Crystal Version to compensate, which I played on my GBA. That one I don't think I got very far in though, because right after I caught the Red Gyarados I lost interest in Pokemon and sold the game off to a friend. Big mistake on my part looking back on that, but at least there's always eBay nowadays.

Played Gold and Crystal ... but had the best memories to Crystal. It was the game in which I beat Red for the first time. I remember how my woefully underpowered team (all around lvl 55 and a Scizor lvl 48) defeated him after a long and heated battle in one try. That was just the most awesome feeling ... back then.

I have played all three at some point or another, but I had Crystal version first as a kid. I love Crystal the most out of the three, since most of the sprites looked ugly in both Gold and Silver plus the legendary beast battle music is simply epic and is the most epic battle theme in the game. :P

I bought silver at a swap meet a few years ago. It was great until I couldn't save anymore
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

If I remember right silver sold more over gold, so I assume most will have played that. I played gold.
    ~Gen 1 will always be the best.~

Red, Green, Blue, Yellow... Red & Blue & Yellow

I started with Gold, then i did Crystal, it's now my favoutire pokemon game

First, it was Silver, and then, 2/3 months after, I've played Crystal. I was pretty young though, probably wouldn't bother with Silver nowadays, as I could get Crystal before; I just didn't because I've wanted Lugia and wasn't a big fan of Suicune... So little did I know I could get both Ho-oh and Lugia in that game, haha!
    Last edited by Sohryu; 19th October 2013 at 4:06 AM.

I've only got Crystal. I actually had a fake cartridge with both Gold and Silver, but those never save. I lost them quite a few years ago.
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

I bought Crystal and Silver although I liked Crystal better. I started playing Crystal in 2001 then stopped playing it for about 10 years but I just beat the Indigo Plateau last year. I originally went though all the gyms with 1 pokemon and couldn't take on the Indigo Plateau with just 1, so last year I went though my storage system and found a Croconaw and Jynx and leveled them up to 44 in Victory Road.

Gold was my first game. My brother bought it for me for my birthday; he hated Pokemon but he still got it for me.

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Silver was my first ever game that I owned for myself. I played the heck out of that game.

I also eventually came into possession of a Crystal game. I now have both safely stored away in a game case somewhere. I love Gen II.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I've played Gold, but it doesn't save anymore. My Crystal game still works, however.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Got to be silver because i loved Lugia...

I played all three games.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast