View Poll Results: To prove that you're a human please answer the following question: 3 + 3 = ?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll

4 14.81%
  • 3+3

20 74.07%
  • ?

3 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANAKBAE's Art Gallery

Default ANAKBAE's Art Gallery

Yow, I'm Anakbae. You probably don't know me since I'm one of those weird freelance art maker who never run or work for Serebii art shops.
    Honestly I had no intention to make this thread whatsoever, but since it's extremely hard to keep track of all my works and the fact that I freakin hate photobucket, which were why I ended up making this thread instead. Fyi, I use Gimp (yes you heard me) for all my banners and Corel Painter X3 for drawings. And yes I love Comic Sans, so bear with me, comic sans haters. Also, don't hesitate to throw me some critiques, cuz I need them in order to get into a higher level. Enjoy.

Spherical Banners:
    Warning, Huge sized banners!

Spoiler:- Spherical:

Unknown Species
        Spoiler:- Unnamed Types:

Some Banners in a non-organized classification.
        Spoiler:- Banners:

Small Sig Banner:
        Spoiler:- Small Sig Banner:

Axis Banners
    (no clue why I named it this way):

Spoiler:- Axis Banner:

Supernova Banner:
    (I'm out of ideas for name really)
        Spoiler:- Supernova:

Tournament Winner Banners:
        Spoiler:- Tour winner banners:

Headline Banners:
    Warning, another pack of huge banners:
        Spoiler:- asdafshybyb:

I will do updates later. Don't wait for it.

Last edited by AnakBaé; 17th March 2014 at 2:46 AM.

I see in your style alot of work with "Relief" though I never really liked this feature.
    But I think your doing an great job with it and even while I dislike it, I found it nicely done in your products.
    Last edited by Azulart; 26th September 2013 at 1:38 PM.

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
    I see in your style alot of work with "Relief" though I never really liked this feature.
    But I think your doing an great job with it and even while I dislike it, I found it nicely done in your products.
    Hey thanks man! Hmmm what do you mean by this "relief"?

---

Update for today:

Last edited by AnakBaé; 26th September 2013 at 7:45 PM.

Spoiler:- This one for example:

In my language is called Relief, I though it was the same in english, my mistake :P.

Anyway, in the above spoiler you have used an effect in photoshop that automaticly creates dept in forms
    so uhm, I Hope you know what I mean now

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
        Spoiler:- This one for example:

In my language is called Relief, I though it was the same in english, my mistake :P.

Anyway, in the above spoiler you have used an effect in photoshop that automaticly creates dept in forms
    so uhm, I Hope you know what I mean now
    Ohhhh that one. I usually use the word "relief" for words like "pain relief" so pardon my cluelessness lollllll.
    You noticed that. Yeah I use that effect a lot. Maybe because of preference, since I want things to look "real" or "less flat" which is also the reason why I always use Drop-shadow in all my banners.
    Thanks for the feedback man! appreciate it.

Love your use of Scanlines. I've been a fan of your work, I really enjoy your style!

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    Love your use of Scanlines. I've been a fan of your work, I really enjoy your style!
    Thank you very much B]

---

Updates for today:

Was trying to do c4d stuff in the background but ended up just like that. Welp might as well try again next time. :/

you better join
    Last edited by AnakBaé; 28th September 2013 at 11:09 PM.

Updates: Experimenting with curves.
    Last edited by AnakBaé; 28th September 2013 at 11:09 PM.

great work as usual my friend

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Very nice, I personally love the Registeel "Supernova" banner. ^_^
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliteknight View Post
    great work as usual my friend
    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Very nice, I personally love the Registeel "Supernova" banner. ^_^
    Waw thanks guys!

---

Update

Feeling quite successful with this one.

Trying out styles. So far so good.

Not satisfied with this.

Minor smudge. Still not satisfied.

Experimenting with new possible toys for the good ol circle banner. Not a promotional clan/tour/rmt banner, just recreational.

Neither this one. Just tried to confirm the new technique after making a similar style for a league.

I love your **** so much

keep it up

http://xat.com/VenenoOsicurdad
    come here and well Idk

Quote Originally Posted by woebegonenick View Post
    I love your **** so much

keep it up
    Neeek go away!!!!! jk lol thanks Nick <3

---

Updates before I went inactive.

Last edited by AnakBaé; 12th October 2013 at 4:42 AM.

Hey man, love your banners, especially the sig banners, tournament winner banners, and the banners for TCIL. Great work, I look forward to more! =]

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaraúkar View Post
    Hey man, love your banners, especially the sig banners, tournament winner banners, and the banners for TCIL. Great work, I look forward to more! =]
    Thank you.
    Great, just don't wait for it cuz I only upload during the full moon LOL.

Finally finished the midterms; time for upload.
    I experiments a lot and sick of doing the same thing over and over again, so you will see some different types of stuff and improvement. Some improved, some worsened

^Hit it.^

^Experimenting with light effect and modes. ^

^Experimenting with grunge brushes."

^Experimenting with new size and styles, because I'm sick of my usual sizes."

Turned into this:

^ More focused light stuff. ^

1. Veder is my alias for real name btw, in case you wondering about the name in the corner of the banners.
    2. I promise, I will look for more fonts lmao.
    Last edited by AnakBaé; 23rd October 2013 at 1:41 AM.

What you need to do is work on lighting, depth and flow. To be 100% honest there is no flow at all in any of these. take a look at this piece I did back in my day where all i focused on was depth. Look at my Freeze signature I did like almost a year ago. Notice how the flow spirals into the center where the focal is the globe in his hand? Then you have depth which doesnt make the image look flat. Lastly notice how i used the light to create depth and the focal point. Im not trying to show off how good I was but im trying to make you better by giving advice that i learned over years of doing Graphic Design, but ignore the text as it was back when i sucked at text. Honestly should've left it out.
    3DS FC : 3840-6618-4744
    Safari Type - Poison: Garbodor, Kakuna and Toxicroak
    Old School Graphic Designer

Quote Originally Posted by GainZ View Post
    What you need to do is work on lighting, depth and flow. To be 100% honest there is no flow at all in any of these. take a look at this piece I did back in my day where all i focused on was depth. Look at my Freeze signature I did like almost a year ago. Notice how the flow spirals into the center where the focal is the globe in his hand? Then you have depth which doesnt make the image look flat. Lastly notice how i used the light to create depth and the focal point.
    Hmmmmm "flow" eh? Yeah I never thought about that before. I will surely do some experiments to try that out.

Im not trying to show off how good I was but im trying to make you better by giving advice that i learned over years of doing Graphic Design, but ignore the text as it was back when i sucked at text. Honestly should've left it out.
    Don't worry lol. The only way to become better is to compare your stuff with someone else and you did a great job explaining that. There's no way for me to know the what hell "flow" is if you didn't show me your stuff actual stuff for me to look at.
    Thanks for the critiques and feedback. Appreciate it.

Your welcome I've done been retired from graphics. I had my shine back in the day just trying to help out the next gen of graphic designers. Just another tip for creating flow without really knowing how, what you do is get a render that has a lot of flow or is moving in a direction and create your effects in the direction. If that makes sense, I can show you an example when I get home. Right now I'm on my iphone
    Last edited by GainZ; 26th October 2013 at 6:32 PM.

Your welcome I've done been retired from graphics. I had my shine back in the day just trying to help out the next gen of graphic designers. Just another tip for creating flow without really knowing how, what you do is get a render that has a lot of flow or is moving in a direction and create your effects in the direction. If that makes sense, I can show you an example when I get home. Right now I'm on my iphone
    Ahh I get it now. I assume it's like adding a motion blur to a certain direction.
    Sure man, that would be even more fantastic. Thanks for the idea.

I will be home in about an hour but I would have to say that you should stay away from lense flares. You can create better effects with brushes. Also at the end of your sig add in the purple/orange gradient and put it on I think soft light, it has been awhile it will always add good color flow to your pieces. Gradients are your friend

I will be home in about an hour but I would have to say that you should stay away from lense flares. You can create better effects with brushes. Also at the end of your sig add in the purple/orange gradient and put it on I think soft light, it has been awhile it will always add good color flow to your pieces. Gradients are your friend
    Thanks. I will take that into consideration. Still learning how to put the best lighting and coloring as possible though. And yeah, I usually use gradients in the background.

Btw for the flow thing. Damnn it took me a while to finally found the right effect. Still not sure if it's the one that you were referring to though.
    Just made one recently. Possibly the most basic result of this technique, but man its really fun to use and experiment with:

[IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/280krcp.jpg[/IMG]

Feel free to throw some advice and critiques. I'm planning on experimenting more with these kinds of stuff in the future. Again, thank your for your advice Now I can see lots of rooms for improvements :]
    Last edited by AnakBaé; 27th October 2013 at 6:35 AM.

Okay here are some examples:
    See how the image is moving forward but the clothing is going back? and see how i had the vectors go from the middle to the top left to follow the render.

This is also a good render to show even tho it doesnt have the flow that im talking about because of the style I was working on. But you notice how the scarf is moving to the right? That is where you would want to make your piece flow towards, and your focal would want to be near the head and scarf.

If you want I wrote a tutorial on my old style C4D signatures. You could try it out. It should be able to help you learn something new
    http://vguccifx.deviantart.com/art/G...rial-292297844
    You could also check out some of my old work, but my photobucket has my smudge signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakBaé View Post
    Thanks. I will take that into consideration. Still learning how to put the best lighting and coloring as possible though. And yeah, I usually use gradients in the background.

Btw for the flow thing. Damnn it took me a while to finally found the right effect. Still not sure if it's the one that you were referring to though.
    Just made one recently. Possibly the most basic result of this technique, but man its really fun to use and experiment with:

[IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/280krcp.jpg[/IMG]

Feel free to throw some advice and critiques. I'm planning on experimenting more with these kinds of stuff in the future. Again, thank your for your advice. Now I can see lots of rooms for improvements :]

Okay with this signature I do see the flow in render, the problem is that your background and render dont blend together and the background doesn't flow with you render, and you should try making the focal near his face as Master Chief is iconic for his helmet.

Updates

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/2im6vzq.jpg[/IMG]

Trying out new toys:

[IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/33xg0t1.jpg[/IMG]
    ^freakin hate the color lol. Can't move on because of this.^

|
    V

[IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/1zwke85.jpg[/IMG]
    K now I can relax for a while.

Last edited by AnakBaé; 31st October 2013 at 2:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast