Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Definitive Uber List

Cipher Admin Anti-Shipping Guest

So, kiddies, does this prove that the blue blob is indefinitely HARD to take out?

Kokukirin Guest

Everyone get a Toxic Porygon2 now.

I mean, now.

'Fro-Dizzy Guest

What's that? It's on my UU/BL Team? Oh yeah it rocks my socks.

Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Recover/Toxic

Clown Master Guest

I had to deal with a wobby on wobby battle.. Both had Lefties.. xD

It doesn't end. It came down to who's batteries ran out first... I'll never run Wobby on a cart battle team again.

You fight an Uber, so what? You find a way to counter it, If by luck you are beaten so what? Say you fight an Umbreon that uses Double Team... Send out something that knows the Subsitute/Focus Punch combo... The same techinque could deal damage to those that do 1 hit KOs.Defeating Wobby isn't hard if you have a Dark, Ghost, a pokémon that can burn or poison it, or use Calm Mind, Bulk Up, or Curse that gives your team a free power up! If your team gets beaten by anything you then should know that you can improve... Everything has a weakness. (I'd like to see someone use in a double battle a Shedinja that knows Mimic and have a poké that knows Skill Swap and then on that same team a Sableye, that team would be so hard to beat it's not funny.) Hmm the world of pokémon is vast... What fun is it if you limit things? It's part of the game. You know your stuff if you can beat lv. 100 Orre Colessum on double battle. Even with Ubers that's pretty hard. True training expects no limits.
    Gone. I'm rather dissatisfied with how things have gone here. The staff and the users have exceeded my patience. You can still catch me on MSN, Smogon (as MythTrainerInfinity), or Shoddy Battle.
    DeviantArt Account

1) Ubers are uber for a reason, they take out at LEAST 1 of your pokemon

2) Subpunch in no way is a certain counter to double team as punch can miss, neither roar or whirlwind are definate counters as they can miss, only haze is a Double team counter that works everytime

3) go ahead use calm mind or whatever against Wobba, i'll just switch to my gyrados/salamence/tyranitar and dragon dance a few times, then sweep your whole team to the floor.

4) If your implying what I think you are Wonderguard CANNOT be skill swaped

5) yeah a team of 6 ubers is really counterable by a team on 6 non-ubers (especially someone who isn't a complete newb/noob/nub/n00b)

6) we're not even talking about the pile of crap on gamecube that is Pokemon Colloseum, we're talking about REAL HUMAN beings behind the Pokemon who know that Special Groudon is a pile of crap.

Atlantius Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HoundoomTrainer
    NO. Wrong. Dead wrong. Nice try though.
    How am I wrong? The last part about a Wobbu-wannabe? Well, as I've looked through this topic, I've fully realized what he can do (although I don't see why you can't just switch out the encored person after they switch). However, I still stand my ground with the sleep clause issue.

And also, don't be going on about skarm-bliss, etc. being Uber. That was just my personal feelings. If you disagree, fine, seeing that more than half of NBers would .

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantius
    How am I wrong? The last part about a Wobbu-wannabe? Well, as I've looked through this topic, I've fully realized what he can do (although I don't see why you can't just switch out the encored person after they switch). However, I still stand my ground with the sleep clause issue.

And also, don't be going on about skarm-bliss, etc. being Uber. That was just my personal feelings. If you disagree, fine, seeing that more than half of NBers would .
    Ok.

You're one of those whiny n00bs who constantly b*tch about Skarmbliss. Instead of switching your team around you keep it and whenever you see Skarmbliss you either;

A) Forfeit
    B) Disconnect
    C) Whine and complain

Arrogant. Simply that. Switch up your team and you won't have a problem with Skarmbliss.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Get your own at Pokeplushies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magcargo
    Oh, pessimistic atheist. Crusher of hope, destroyer of faith, will you ever cease to amaze us with your cold, efficient logic?

I eat babies.

Most pokemon have standard attacks that can counter SkarmBliss

Atlantius Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HoundoomTrainer
    Ok.

You're one of those whiny n00bs who constantly b*tch about Skarmbliss. Instead of switching your team around you keep it and whenever you see Skarmbliss you either;

A) Forfeit
    B) Disconnect
    C) Whine and complain

Arrogant. Simply that. Switch up your team and you won't have a problem with Skarmbliss.
    Erm, before you start insulting me, perhaps you should get to know me a bit =/. I don't use OU pokes in my team (Tyraniboah), and I'm also against sticking in counters that are really only good for countering (ampharos). So, I end up having trouble with Skarm Bliss. However, I never forfeit or disconnect. In fact, I never complain/get ****** unless someone challenges me for a rated battle and have skarm-bliss hidden in their team (since my info asks directly that any hidden/OU teams be unrated battles). I never said I had trouble with Skarm-bliss. I just hate having to waste a team slot or screw myself trying to counter it.

I say it's 'cheap' here because of the fact that to beat it, you need to put a counter in your team, just like any other Uber. Unless you are very lucky, chances are you can't beat the combo with just any strategy/pokes. If you want to get into some big argument/flame war with me about it, PM me or something.

Shadowflare Guest

I'm gunna go out and get flamed to death by saying I think TTar and the like are Ubers. I mean at least TTar, its got a freakin weather move to go with it...and Metagross just cuz of its stats. Ok I'm done....Of course I can counter it, but I still think its an Uber.

Oh and for those of you complaining about Skarmbliss and having to deal with a counter.....MAGNETON!! Its a great poke and can take out skarmory easily and blissey after a few metal sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflare
    I mean at least TTar, its got a freakin weather move to go with it...
    most people that use TTar hate sandstream... (except for TSS teams ofcourse)
    Micky Onimusha: ants are strogner than bears

what if you used mean look or something? a gengar with meanlook, c-ray, toxic, something could do the trick right?
    You know it does

Cromat Guest

hi all

stall teams aren't better in r/s. it's impossible to create a defensive R/S team which counters every offensive pokemon. it cannot be done.

stop saying Skarmbliss please. it's quite a gay term ._.
    Blissey is a pokemon with ZERO offense. It cant kill anything that can heal itself lol (unless they are weak to Ice Beam/HP Water). It's only use is to heal bell pokemon.
    Skarmory is such a great pokemon that people use something bad as Magneton (ALL THE TIME) just to get rid of it. Magneton's popularity has decreased Skarmory in my eyes, so I started using Weezing. Magneton + Gyarados/Snorlax/Heracross/CB Salamence or whatever tear so called standard teams apart.

Just a side note, how in the world can Skarbliss be uber, its not even a Pokemon for gods sake

Atlantius Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Netbattle
    Just a side note, how in the world can Skarbliss be uber, its not even a Pokemon for gods sake
    I don't know. I never once referred to it as a poke, so don't ask me.

Skarmbliss needs a counter. Or, some very good strategizing (what I do-and I still have trouble with it at times). The other pokes you listed don't need counters, unless you have no idea what you're doing. I never said the Skarm-bliss combo should be considered Uber, all I said is that I personally felt that if Wobby is, so should the combo (and that's a personal thing, not some general rule). I don't like being considered a n00b, nor do I like your constant flaming and insults (this is directed mostly at HT). Now you can either grow up and quit this pointless debate, or continue to flame and fight with me.

And just for the records, when I said I'm not overcompetetive ('play-to-win), I mean I don't go completely OU-standard so I can get 999 wins and 0 losses. If you really need me to spell it out, I'll explain why exactly I play. But I should hope you're mature enough to figure it out on your own =/...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflare
    I'm gunna go out and get flamed to death by saying I think TTar and the like are Ubers. I mean at least TTar, its got a freakin weather move to go with it...and Metagross just cuz of its stats. Ok I'm done....Of course I can counter it, but I still think its an Uber.

Oh and for those of you complaining about Skarmbliss and having to deal with a counter.....MAGNETON!! Its a great poke and can take out skarmory easily and blissey after a few metal sounds.
    How...their stats are high than Tier 3 and 4 pokes, sure, but Sandstorm isn't that good, if Ttar is your lead, you screw your team a lot, like cancelling out Leftovers in many cases and SubReversalers can basically do nothing

And, how does Metal Sound take out Skarmory? Tell me

Atlantius Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael
    How...their stats are high than Tier 3 and 4 pokes, sure, but Sandstorm isn't that good, if Ttar is your lead, you screw your team a lot, like cancelling out Leftovers in many cases and SubReversalers can basically do nothing

And, how does Metal Sound take out Skarmory? Tell me
    They said metal sound for Bliss. And that won't work well, seeing that it can twave and seismic toss magneton to death. The only real good skarmbliss counters are Gengar, Ttar (both OU), or ampharos (though it doesn't work well for regular sweeping-at least not as well as the other two).

Blaziken/Beat Up houndoom/Swampert/Fire Blast Snorlax/Recover Alakazam are just a few that mess up 'Skarbliss'

Cromat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantius
    They said metal sound for Bliss. And that won't work well, seeing that it can twave and seismic toss magneton to death. The only real good skarmbliss counters are Gengar, Ttar (both OU), or ampharos (though it doesn't work well for regular sweeping-at least not as well as the other two).
    Thunderpunch Metagross, CB Heracross, CB Medicham, CB Slaking, Magneton + Snorlax/Gyarados/Heracross, Sleep Talk Zapdos and Suicune, CM-BP Celebi, Fire Blast Snorlax, Tyranitar, Salamence, Gengar, Umbreon, HP Fire Sceptile, Tentacruel, Blaziken, Ampharos, Dragonite, Jirachi, Recover Alakazam, Trickband Alakazam, Sleep Talk Slowbro, Subpunch Electabuzz/Magmar, Dugtrio (if they don't have Ice Beam), Rhydon, Surf Swampert, Volbeat (Tail Glow, BP to Starmie or whatever).

I have no time to list everything, those are just of the top of my head.

Ampharos, Gengar and Tyranitar are not the only counters lol

that's not to say stall teams are easy to beat, most have other pokemon to take care of other threats, but a decent offensive team with pokemon that can hurt everything can beat defensive teams. just use some of the above and you'll be fine.

Moonlight Guest

'Fro-Dizzy @ Choice Band
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Hewt Gardevoir
    - Lol Internet
    - Dan Dan
    - 00b3rn33s

That's my set for a 'Fro-Dizzy.

Anyway, an uber is by definition, something overpowered. Although Ho-oh and Rayquaza are strong and considered uber, they're beaten with Rock/Ice attacks. The ubers are all those in Tier 1, all those in Tier 2 except Slaking, and in Tier 3, Latios, Latias, and all Deoxys forms. Also in a different tier, Wobbuffet because it's very hard to counter.

For example, Calmgia. Basically an even stronger version of Calmcune. Higher HP, higher Defense, and way higher Special Defense. CM up and you've got yourself one hefty tank. 359 Defense Max with Neutral Nature isn't shabby, as is Max HP at 416.

[20:18:52] <DarkBot> Hydra's BLISSEY used SEISMIC TOSS!
    [20:18:52] <DarkBot> turtle2's RAIKOU fainted! (Hydra: 3 - turtle2: 0)
    [20:18:52] <DarkBot> turtle2 is out of usable Pokemon!

talk about no offense

Also, Jirachi is evil. Whoever removed oober status from Jirachi needs to be shot. Not seriously. It IS evil though.

Cromat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kari Kagome & Mewtwo
    [20:18:52] <DarkBot> Hydra's BLISSEY used SEISMIC TOSS!
    [20:18:52] <DarkBot> turtle2's RAIKOU fainted! (Hydra: 3 - turtle2: 0)
    [20:18:52] <DarkBot> turtle2 is out of usable Pokemon!

talk about no offense

Also, Jirachi is evil. Whoever removed oober status from Jirachi needs to be shot. Not seriously. It IS evil though.
    Exactly why Raikou has become UU. Too easily stopped by the most commonest pokemon. No one uses Raikou anymore, it's really rather sad. Everyone had gone to either Celebi/Tyranitar/Zapdos or to Jirachi.

Blissey has zero offense. 100 constant damage is nothing. Not to mention, if Raikou had Rest it wouldv'e beaten it too lol. Blissey isn't that great of a pokemon, it's main use is to Heal Bell. Luckily that's enough of a reason to use it (and indeed I do) but it provides so many setups, it's become somewhat of a burden. I'm not the only one to share this view. Heracross and Tyranitar party on Blissey's ***. So does Slaking. If however, I wouldv'e used Snorlax as my special wall, Heracross would think twice before showing his ***, so will Tyranitar, if I have EQ. And Slaking too, will get beaten if I Curse while he switches in. Anyway I honestly believe that as a special sponge today Snorlax is better than Blissey. My team is defensive (what some would call "OU" "gay" "stall") so it needs Aromatherapy to wake up from Rests. Otherwise I would ditch Blissey :[

Quote Originally Posted by wants_latios_lots
    Umm....When HT says you ignored the entire thread, he means....well, exactly what he says....If you will spend a few minutes going to page 2 of this thread, theres an entire 2 posts on a battle with a wobbuffet. It's "00ber" because it can use encore and then use mirror coat/counter acordingly. I'm guessing you've never, ever, ever, ever used a wobbufet. With It's rediculously high HP, it can use mirror coat/counter and deal a whole lot of damage. And Suicune with CM is probably better then raikou with CM.
    It's the semi-inmortality that makes CMCune better.

Raikou just doesn't CM as well. average Def doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by wants_latios_lots
    It's "00ber" because it can use encore and then use mirror coat/counter acordingly.
    i think you should use your own advice and read the thread >.>

its uber cuz encore + switch, yey stat booster... =\

can we please just drop it... wobbu is uber

if you disagree, youre wrong
    Micky Onimusha: ants are strogner than bears

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast