Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Island Time! (401)

Default Island Time! (401)

Island Time

On the way to Evergrande City, Ash & Co. have problems on a plane and have to land on an island. However Team Rocket are with them and causing problems in their usual manner and they get away. With the help of a guy and his Wailmer/Wailord, they chase after Team Rocket. Will they get Pikachu back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Diod we end up seeing Evergrande City at the end of this episode?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Diod we end up seeing Evergrande City at the end of this episode?
    Nope.

Anyway, here's a gist of the episode:

Ash and co basically board a plane that is run by Team Rocket, headed for Evergrande City. Even though Team Rocket manages to separate Pikachu from Ash and co, bad weather forces the plane to crash on a mostly deserted island. Mostly destered because there's a guy who's been stranded there for quite some time and his Wailmer pal. Face with the prospect of being stranded, everyone works to turn the wreckage of the plane into a speedboat. However Team Rocket doublecrosses everyone as usual and takes off in the boat with Pikachu. Unforunately for them, their wasn't enough fuel to make their escape, and the boat, crack upon being dragged in one of the whirlpools surrounding the island. This is then followed by a Pokemon battle, in which Wailmer evolved to Wailord and Team Rocket blasting off again. Ash and co along with the guy ride the Wailord to a passenger ship headed for Evergrande City. It is there they part ways, with the guy leaving with Wailord.

Also the ending credits updated, with Glalie replacing Snorunt in all relevant shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    Nope.Also the ending credits updated, with Glalie replacing Snorunt in all relevant shots.
    Ah, so am I to assume it was fully animated in the scene with Ash and all his other pokémon? Or did they get lazy, pull a Munchlax and slap in a random still shot from a previous episode?

And on the subject of Glalie...any screen-time this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Ah, so am I to assume it was fully animated in the scene with Ash and all his other pokémon? Or did they get lazy, pull a Munchlax and slap in a random still shot from a previous episode?

And on the subject of Glalie...any screen-time this episode?
    Glalie's appearance in the credits was animated.

As for within the episode, it only appeared when the gang was building the escape craft.

Gravy, let me be the first to say your sig officially rocks. XD

Well the plot wasn't as good as the title suggested, but it still sounds interesting. Nice to see Wailmer and Wailord got a proper debut in the anime (Wailmer only got some cameos, and Wailord's episode was more about the Houen starters). I hope we get to see the group's Pokemon some more in this episode. I miss seeing the rest of Ash's team. :/

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

I guess this was a standard filler. The plot wasn't too spectacular, but I liked Wailmer. This episode really reminded me of the blimp episode, especially when they flew in a storm. You'd think they would think of something more original, but if they are keeping the good stuff until the league starts, it's fine with me.

This looks like a pretty interesting episode, just by the pictures. Sure they've used the "Team Rocket flies Team Twerp to their next destination and try to capture them" plot point before (I think this now the fourth time- "A Scare in the Air", "Pokeball Peril", and "The Princess and the Togepi"), but at least this time Team Rocket and the twerps actually spend some quality time together afterwards. I always like that. Chimecho's really cute in its brief appearance too.

It'll be interesting to see what they call the island guy in this movie. Maybe they'll do a "Lost" name, even if it goes over kids' heads.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

We also see Glalie eating with the other Pokemon, but NO one looked surprised to see a new Glalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    We also see Glalie eating with the other Pokemon, but NO one looked surprised to see a new Glalie.
    You don't know what happens off screen, they might have met already.

Ah, who cares. At least we get to witness Glalie in one of my favorite pasttimes of the Hoenn Saga: Leisure time!

Did Wailord use Water Spout? Please tell me it did.

Also, this is a little funny. Remember back, when many people assumed that the gang would be traveling Hoenn's waters via a Wailord? Well it looks like that wasn't fully abolished.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Yes, Wailord used Water Spout to blast off Team Rocket, who were sitting on top of it when it evolved.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Lol that i hope that scene was as awesome as it sounds

Jessie, james, Meowth, Seviper, Cacnea, and Wobba all climbed up on Wailmer. Wailmer evolved, TR smiled probably because they could capture it easily, it then blasts them off.

EDIT: Yeah V, I love it as well when they show all of the Pokemon eating together, they barely did that in Johto. I just wish TR's Pokemon would eat with them too.

Does anyone know what the odd thing on Robin's (the castaway) forehead was? I heard it had something to do with a Venonat disguise but still what was it? A sponge? And why was he disguised as a Venonat?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    Does anyone know what the odd thing on Robin's (the castaway) forehead was? I heard it had something to do with a Venonat disguise but still what was it? A sponge? And why was he disguised as a Venonat?
    I don't think it was a Venonat disguise... just something on his head that made him look like a Venonat. I suggest it's one of those things some people put over their eyes when they go to sleep. You know, those. :P

That, or Robin (You deserve to be smacked if you don't get it.) is just a weirdo that puts... women's... things... on his head. :P 'Cause it did look like one of those liner things. :0

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    That, or Robin (You deserve to be smacked if you don't get it.) is just a weirdo that puts... women's... things... on his head. :P 'Cause it did look like one of those liner things. :0
    what do you expect? he is there for years...or months? I don´t really know..the main point is that there aren´t any women on the island...soo..use common sense ^^" ( he seemed like a rich playboy in his flashback)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    bad weather forces the plane to crash on a mostly deserted island.
    Actually, the weather had nothing to do with the forced landing. The problem was that Jessie hadn't bought nearly enough fuel.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Actually, the weather had nothing to do with the forced landing. The problem was that Jessie hadn't bought nearly enough fuel.
    ...What? I was under the impression that she did, but when James/Kojiro told her to put the 'fuel in the plane', she did just that: Literally placed the fuel in the plane, and not the engine.

...What? I was under the impression that she did, but when James/Kojiro told her to put the 'fuel in the plane', she did just that: Literally placed the fuel in the plane, and not the engine.
    The responses when she pointed to the fuel can:
    Kojiro: Only one?!?
    Nyasu: That's nowhere near enough!!!

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Well, I'm glad Glalie APPEARED, even if it didn't get to do anything.

Also, in Glory Day, did anyone notice Glalie looked a lot smaller than usual?

I thought that too and found it pretty funny ^^" I hope they change it in the dub

Bet they don't! This is what I think it will be like:

James: Jessie, please put that fuel in the plane, or I'll send out Cacnea and have him hug you!
    <jessie puts the fuel in the engine>
    James: Ahh, that's not where you put the gas.
    Jessie: Well we are EVIL you know, sabotage is my middle name!

What was up with Meowths claw catching on flames during that scene.

And, I deserved to be smacked because I don't get the Robin thing.

And the guy was not disguised as a venonat, Max said "Konpan?" so he mistaked him for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    And, I deserved to be smacked because I don't get the Robin thing.
    *smacks* Robinson Caruso (bad spelling I bet), the famous castaway of literature. ^_^

And the guy was not disguised as a venonat, Max said "Konpan?" so he mistaked him for one.
    Then it's still unknown what the heck that thing on his forehead is supposed to be? I can't even tell how it stays on, it didn't look like there was a strap or anything holding it there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast