Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy / For The Sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Holy moly. I imagined ~20 hours to be a speedrun. Now I'm just thinking how somebody could play that fast, and how I manage, however leisurely, to play so slowly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3vxS6z_YSY

Really struggling to get back into this game, just can't be bothered to stay on it for long enough to progress anywhere.

EDIT: I mean Bravely Default, not the game in the link (just to avoid confusion!)
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

so i'm at chapter 3,and ditzy blonde girl ugghhh,phosphora had lightning thrown everywhere to make up for it at least
    and for the fight with the 3 robot gaurds,what is the best stragegy with this setup?all are level 32
    edea:level 6 monk with spell fencer job command(7)
    with spiked knuckles,red cap,mirage vest,and hermes sandals
    Tiz:level 7 time/black mage with black/time mage job command(7/7)
    with mythril staff,red cap,floral robe,and white cape
    Agnes:level 9 white mage with freelancer job command(2)
    with mythril staff,buckler,red cap,yggdrasil armor,and mage shell
    Ringabel:level 5 spell fencer with valkyrie job command(6)
    with glaive,red cap,yggdrasil armor,and earthing rod
    Last edited by worldwaker; 13th February 2014 at 7:46 PM.
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

Quote Originally Posted by worldwaker View Post
    so i'm at chapter 3,and ditzy blonde girl ugghhh,phosphora had lightning thrown everywhere to make up for it at least
    and for the fight with the 3 robot gaurds,what is the best stragegy with this setup?all are level 32
    edea:level 6 monk with spell fencer job command(7)
    with spiked knuckles,red cap,mirage vest,and hermes sandals
    Tiz:level 7 time/black mage with black/time mage job command(7/7)
    with mythril staff,red cap,floral robe,and white cape
    Agnes:level 9 white mage with freelancer job command(2)
    with mythril staff,buckler,red cap,yggdrasil armor,and mage shell
    Ringabel:level 5 spell fencer with valkyrie job command(6)
    with glaive,red cap,yggdrasil armor,and earthing rod
    Those robots forced me to level grind somewhere...until I found out that the keep is perfect because you can go to the third floor next to the merchant, spam Phoenix Down on all the enemies (they will always be zombies), and gain quite a lot of profit while also getting a lot of JPs. I went from lvl. 35 to lvl. 44 in half an hour or so by keeping it at Auto (though Phoenix Downs may or may not work).

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

i'm doing the pheneox dow nthing,it works,and what is compounding?and how do you do it?
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

i'm doing the pheneox dow nthing,it works,and what is compounding?and how do you do it?
    Phoenix Down MAY or MAY not work on them, that's why I use 2 Braves for each character to ensure all of the zombies are taken down.

Compounding is an ability for the Salve-maker job to combine items to get stronger effects. All those weird red vials you get from enemies are used there.

just beat praline,i don't see why the quest is so bad,then again,i like sidequests,is performer worth it?
    do the shuckle sweep
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

just beat praline,i don't see why the quest is so bad,then again,i like sidequests,is performer worth it?
    It's probably because it's the standard 'go everywhere you've been before' sort of quest and there's not even too much useful to gain during that. Bit of an annoying sidequest. Performers are good for giving you buffs and in situations (e.g. when against enemies that love to build up BP).

Also haha at people saying it'll take 55-60 hours to finish it by awakening the four crystals and all. Might be a bit longer. :V Anyways, there are two endings, but the second is a continuation of the first (as in, you can continue the game before starting on the first ending which is an hour or two long). There's also a bonus dungeon available around the (true) end of the game.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

so it was the sheer time that it takes,well atm time isn't an issue(2nd day school is canceled in a row,with tomorrow as well,andwe have monday off,so 6 day weekend,in all technicalites)but it net me the red mage job,so theres even less minding of the time,and to be honest,praline herself annoyed me more than the quest its self
    do the shuckle sweep
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

What, you didn't like Praline's singing? =p

Red mage's battle was one of the harder ones imo for myself (especially as I played on Hard difficulty). He was also... quite the jerk.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    What, you didn't like Praline's singing? =p

Red mage's battle was one of the harder ones imo for myself (especially as I played on Hard difficulty). He was also... quite the jerk.
    can't tell if serious...or sarcastic(no,seriously,i can't tell,not even in real life,so i'll just assume you were serious)
    but yeah,pralines singing was not serious,not in the hades style of nonchlantcy(is that a word?),but just silly,the high-pitched voice didn't help either,and i often daydream about a group of warriors,some magic,some phycical,often fighting in life/death situations,so that's even less helpful to me liking praline.
    as for the red mage,once he stopped using cura,it was just a matter of using assorted beat sticks
    EDIT:i am now enraged,as there is a gap between red mage and performer,what class is it,and how do i get it?before i feeling like hurting something
    Last edited by worldwaker; 14th February 2014 at 2:53 AM.
    do the shuckle sweep
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

The Red Mage was a pain to beat because of Thundara being buffed up against your team, and that annoying Revenge skill that grants him an extra BP, which he THEN spends on a Cura for some high healing and sometimes drowning out your damage input.

Sarcastic. =p

And yeah, that was the problem for me - he'd end up hitting my characters a lot and healing on top of it with a lot of activations of his ability. Had to use some items and then take it slowly to get him in the end so he didn't get too much bonus BP.
    EDIT:i am now enraged,as there is a gap between red mage and performer,what class is it,and how do i get it?before i feeling like hurting something
    Look for those blue exclamation marks on the world map, if nothing's showing up now they will later. One job in particular will take quite some time to be available.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Sarcastic. =p

And yeah, that was the problem for me - he'd end up hitting my characters a lot and healing on top of it with a lot of activations of his ability. Had to use some items and then take it slowly to get him in the end so he didn't get too much bonus BP.
    Look for those blue exclamation marks on the world map, if nothing's showing up now they will later. One job in particular will take quite some time to be available.
    There's another job that activates when you visit the shack and talk to the Shieldbearer duo. After that, that quest doesn't tell you that it's still active without a blue question mark. You navigate the seas around the Grandship to find a mysterious fog cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    There's another job that activates when you visit the shack and talk to the Shieldbearer duo. After that, that quest doesn't tell you that it's still active without a blue question mark. You navigate the seas around the Grandship to find a mysterious fog cloud.
    That may be it. But then the quest does kind of hint that you have to go search for it in the seas. Pretty blatantly imo.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

That may be it. But then the quest does kind of hint that you have to go search for it in the seas. Pretty blatantly imo.
    Nonsense!

I have always followed blue markers to continue quests! I had no idea that one quest continued.

fighting kamiizumi as i type this,and i got to say,complete and utter suicide,anyone have tips on jobs and equipment?
    do the shuckle sweep
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

fighting kamiizumi as i type this,and i got to say,complete and utter suicide,anyone have tips on jobs and equipment?
    For that guy, I stalled for time until he used a lot of Brave Points to leave himself wide open to attacks. He only seems to use that many when one member of your party is in the negative.

As for jobs, Salve-Maker with White Magic Lvl. 3 is a wonder, and to make it go first I combine it with Speed 20% and/or Speed 10%. Cura heals way more for an entire party, not to mention easy Full-Life effects just by combining a Phoenix Down and a Potion.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 14th February 2014 at 6:23 PM.

alright,found kamiizumis stragagy on the fly,and beat him first try.also beat konoe,with edea suffering from"the-floor-tastes-good-at-the-end-of-a-battle" syndrome.i used salve maker with white magic,so now i have to ask,what abilites should i use for it?
    Last edited by worldwaker; 15th February 2014 at 2:57 AM.
    do the shuckle sweep
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

...My god, Chapter 5 is absolutely horrible. Random difficulty spike, lots of grinding required, no real direction... this chapter really, really killed the pace of the game for me.

I'm hoping it picks up a bit in the future. I mean, I expected a plot twist at the end of Chapter 4, but this...? This just feels weird.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

^That random difficulty spike kind of died out on me once I went back to my favorite grinding spot and used the "STEAL & PHOENIX DOWN" strategy.

Is the Red Mage any good? I currently have Edea as a Valkyrie, Tiz as a Ranger and Agnčs and Ringabell as White and Black Mages, respectively. Edea and Tiz have been switching jobs a lot but Agnčs and Ringabell still have the first jobs they got, and they have proven to be really useful. But i recently got the Red Mage and the description said that they can heal and attack so I'm wondering if i should use it on Agnčs and make Ringabell a knight or something.

no,keep agnes white mage,she has the highest MND score of any character,thus,making her the best healer,and when you get it,combine what mahe with salve maker or performer,perferbably salve maker with white magic job command,heals for so much,and if you go performer,white mage with singing command.Because it seems like Edea and TIz are going to be melleing a lot,you might want to give them the spell fencer job command.As for red mage,i made ringabel a red mage,and gave him the spear lore ability and spell fencer job command,barely any different then when he was a valkyrie

And while i don't like things neing to easy,i do like a warning,you know that snow golom/giant/comsturct,whatever,right after the chapter 3 boss?IMO.they were jerks with that,because right after you beat a boss,they expected you to beat another,and thing is,if you don't know that's a boss,you have no chance to save,so you have to beat the behemoth again.and if you did what i did,build up all you special attacks again
    motivation=-1
    do the shuckle sweep
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    Is the Red Mage any good? I currently have Edea as a Valkyrie, Tiz as a Ranger and Agnčs and Ringabell as White and Black Mages, respectively. Edea and Tiz have been switching jobs a lot but Agnčs and Ringabell still have the first jobs they got, and they have proven to be really useful. But i recently got the Red Mage and the description said that they can heal and attack so I'm wondering if i should use it on Agnčs and make Ringabell a knight or something.
    I'd make Ringabel a Red Mage. That way, you can have two healers, while keeping your offensive Magic as well. Sword Magic is also a great addition to a Red Mage, so if you have that at lvl 3 already I'd use that as well. B/W Magic is a lot less useful once you finally make your way to Eternia and get lvl 5 spells, some Red Mage support abilities are actually really good.

And while i don't like things neing to easy,i do like a warning,you know that snow golom/giant/comsturct,whatever,right after the chapter 3 boss?IMO.they were jerks with that,because right after you beat a boss,they expected you to beat another,and thing is,if you don't know that's a boss,you have no chance to save,so you have to beat the behemoth again.and if you did what i did,build up all you special attacks again
    motivation=-1
    Why in the world would you not save after doing something as awesome as taking Grandship? And what about autosaving? Or going to an inn before pressing on? Or even just healing with items?

I'd also advise you grind a little before you start heading north of Eternia. There is a boss on the hardest route, but even on the easy route some regular random-encounter monsters can just wipe out your party, particularly the bears or perhaps a pack of 4 wolves.

Does Utsusemi(the guaranteed dodge that the Ninja class gets) work against Magic? I'm about to face Victor and Victoria, but I don't know where to find a Mage to test it within a convenient distance, especially since the road to Eternian High Command is incredibly perilous. I think I lost a wild encounter for the first time on the way.

The reason why I ask is that Ninjas are hella frail. Those first few levels without Utsusemi were really hard work just to keep Ringabel alive. As much as I want those JP for the Ninja class, Spell Fencer's Anti-Magic measures can come in handy.
    Anyone know this yet?
    Last edited by Aurath8; 15th February 2014 at 2:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Why in the world would you not save after doing something as awesome as taking Grandship? And what about autosaving? Or going to an inn before pressing on? Or even just healing with items?

I'd also advise you grind a little before you start heading north of Eternia. There is a boss on the hardest route, but even on the easy route some regular random-encounter monsters can just wipe out your party, particularly the bears or perhaps a pack of 4 wolves
    because i thought i could save when i got to eternia,and if i have to grind,back to grapp keep,aka best grinding spot ever
    do the shuckle sweep
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

because i thought i could save when i got to eternia,and if i have to grind,back to grapp keep,aka best grinding spot ever
    You can save from the World Map any time you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast