Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Best Wishes Until We Meet Again! (802)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    We can all say farewell and toss both Iris and Cilan in their special episodes, but it's painfully clear they only followed Ash just because. This episode already marked the definite end between them all, and now they're going to their own journeys...and whatever Cilan is trying to do because he sure as hell isn't following his Connoisseur dream.
    Why did brock, may, max, or dawn follow him?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Why did brock, may, max, or dawn follow him?
    Brock followed Ash because he too wanted to go on a journey, changing his dream twice I believe. May and Dawn followed Ash basically for the less selfish version of Misty (Pikachu fired their bikes) but also because they were new trainers and he was a mentor. Max tagged along because of his sister.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The difference is that Iris and Cilan never felt THAT attached to Ash. Sure they were his friends, but its no different than traveling with Barry for the short time in DP.

Iris wasn't as close to Ash as the past girls were.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    You literally just admitted to not have watched majority of BW episodes, who are you to say that?

Iris felt close to Ash as any other girl. Only Dawn felt the closest to Ash, imho.

The difference is that Iris and Cilan never felt THAT attached to Ash. Sure they were his friends, but its no different than traveling with Barry for the short time in DP.

All the companions seemed to be close to Ash imo. It's just that the writers rushed Iris' and Cilan's departure, which caused it to lack some emotion imo. I still think Team Rocket shouldn't have gotten as much screentime in this episode as they did.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    All the companions seemed to be close to Ash imo. It's just that the writers rushed Iris' and Cilan's departure, which caused it to lack some emotion imo. I still think Team Rocket shouldn't have gotten as much screentime in this episode as they did.
    agree if they just gone for good in operation tempest or post N episode , DA will be much better i think
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Iris felt close to Ash as any other girl. Only Dawn felt the closest to Ash, imho.
    That feeling of closeness suuuuuure was showcased properly in this episode. The break-up episode was truly the best example, though.

That feeling of closeness suuuuuure was showcased properly in this episode. The break-up episode was truly the best example, though.
    Tbh, the person who wrote this episode gave too much focus to TR and little focus to Iris and Cilan.

They didn't care for the departure which is why it felt lacking.

I love this post.

But seriously though, I was very disappointed with the ending. I am not a fan of BW at all ( my opinion, don't hate), but I still would've liked some emotion in this episode. I mean they were leaving for good! I felt the ending was rushed, and TR took the shine in this episode.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    Meh, team rocket are the third, fourth, and fifth most important characters in BW so it makes sense they get in some extra screentime. I was hoping fo something a little more dramatic with the ship like a fake iceberg or underwater torpedos. Balloons are so overdone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Meh, team rocket are the third, fourth, and fifth most important characters in BW so it makes sense they get in some extra screentime. I was hoping fo something a little more dramatic with the ship like a fake iceberg or underwater torpedos. Balloons are so overdone.
    They'll be in the final BW episode, so was there really any need for them to get so much focus in the departure episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    They'll be in the final BW episode, so was there really any need for them to get so much focus in the departure episode?
    Probably not, but I was trying to approach it from a writer's POV.

I still don't see the complaining about Iris/Cilan's departure. Past departures weren't gone much better anyway.

I still don't see the complaining about Iris/Cilan's departure. Past departures weren't gone much better anyway.
    True. But you have to admit, this departure was hands down the most lacking. At least with previous departure episodes, there were emotional moments.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Maybe so, but they really rushed through it this time as well as giving Team Rocket much more screentime that they actually needed.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    True. But you have to admit, this departure was hands down the most lacking. At least with previous departure episodes, there were emotional moments.
    I honestly thought Brock's DP departure was the worst. He got what...a 30 second handshake at the end of the episode? Most of DP191 was about Dawn/Piplup leaving...Brock barely got anything.

They were done much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    They were done much better.
    Not really, Tracey, DP Brock's, May/Max's weren't any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Brock followed Ash because he too wanted to go on a journey, changing his dream twice I believe. May and Dawn followed Ash basically for the less selfish version of Misty (Pikachu fired their bikes) but also because they were new trainers and he was a mentor. Max tagged along because of his sister.
    So, in summary, they just happened to tag along with Ash just because he was there:
    - Ash was there when Brock had the encounter with his father
    - Ash was there when May got her Torchic
    - Ash was there when Dawn had that encounter with Team Rocket

May and Dawn didn't know squat about Ash's accomplishments, he became their mentors DURING the journey, therefore, that wasn't a reason to tag along with him.

Cilan actually wanted to stalk follow Ash and study his methods

So much stock animation here, but it was nice to see charizard in battle.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Am finally glad that Iris is gone at least for now never did care for her.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Not really, Tracey, DP Brock's, May/Max's weren't any better.
    Old comment but it was actually done way better with May and Max and yes even DP Brock. Ash and May had a final battle which ended with them receiving a memento of their friendship, Ash and Max bond with one another one last time with a promise to battle on day, and Brock finally has a solid dream to purse and gives him his blessing to Ash to keep following his dreams, and Ash does the same.

So yeah, this episode was ****ing lame. Next time don't waste time on TR crap.

It was a good episode. Just one more episode of the BW era and then it's time for Kalos.

Oh Arceus, they're gone for good now. One more episode and we're done with useless Unova.

I found it very disgraceful of them to just ditch Kanto and kick it on its rear by traveling to Johto instead. Iris and Cilan will never be at Ash's hometown now.

Please Kalos. Be like DP but better.

I guess i am the only one who will truly miss Iris and Cilan lol, they were great characters in my opinion who really stood out from each other other than just being there. Finally Ask returns home to pallet next week

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast