Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 226

Thread: Pocket Monsters XY Opening and Ending.

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Um, question. Pokemon XY was already aired in the US, wasn't it? What did they use for their opening and closing then? Is there a link to it?
    There was definitely no opening theme. Ending theme, not sure, but I'm gonna assume none as well.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,629

    Default

    I don't mind the OP sticking around for a while, but the ending? Yeah, kinda want to see that go, for at least something a little more fun. :P

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mt. Silver
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    I don't mind the OP sticking around for a while, but the ending? Yeah, kinda want to see that go, for at least something a little more fun. :P
    I agree. I actually like the opening quite a bit, but the ending...well, I'll just say that it can't go away soon enough. It's really cute (and I like the Amourshipping hint there) but it doesn't match up with the opening.

    My deviantArt page, check it out if you want.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red View Post
    I agree. I actually like the opening quite a bit, but the ending...well, I'll just say that it can't go away soon enough. It's really cute (and I like the Amourshipping hint there) but it doesn't match up with the opening.
    The problem with the ED, is that, really...they could have showed off Ash's and the groups other Pokemon...rather than just Pikachu (Dedenne for a few seconds) making faces. I know it's suppose to be cute, and it's really not that big a deal. But perhaps I just go spoiled from the last BW ending...which was pretty fantastic.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    spokane, washington
    Posts
    475

    Default

    What was the change in lyrics for the ending?
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    365

    Default

    so considering they didn't color in viola after her gym battle, I guess we won't be having this opening for a long time because they would most likely keep it till they filled in all the gym leaders if they did the whole coloring in thing.
    Friends are family you choose

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    so considering they didn't color in viola after her gym battle, I guess we won't be having this opening for a long time because they would most likely keep it till they filled in all the gym leaders if they did the whole coloring in thing.
    I was kinda hoping they would.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    so considering they didn't color in viola after her gym battle, I guess we won't be having this opening for a long time because they would most likely keep it till they filled in all the gym leaders if they did the whole coloring in thing.
    Aw, no... If that opening goes soon, I'm gonna scream. DX

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    I know this is random, but I noticed Serena in the opening having a backpack on her back instead of the purse they gave her in the game. I think they also applied that Dawn? Is there a reason why the main girls get a backpack? I mean, it's nice since it seems more practical than bringing a purse with you on a journey, but those small backpacks they have looks so tiny. You can hardly fit anything in those backpacks.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

    My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    I know this is random, but I noticed Serena in the opening having a backpack on her back instead of the purse they gave her in the game. I think they also applied that Dawn? Is there a reason why the main girls get a backpack? I mean, it's nice since it seems more practical than bringing a purse with you on a journey, but those small backpacks they have looks so tiny. You can hardly fit anything in those backpacks.
    Like you said, backpacks were made standard for Dawn and Serena because they were more practical to bring on a journey, no matter how small they look. I think that's the definite reason.

    Honestly, who expects to see a hiker wearing a nice-looking purse? :P

  11. #211
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    My headcanon states that the reason why any pokemon trainer can carry so much is because they use empty pokeballs to carry all the big stuff. They miniturize them in order to fit a HUGE amount in there bag.


    Yes I know they've shown the inside of pokemon bags before but let my headcanon be. Huehuehuehuehue.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,932

    Default

    the opening seems a little bit odd to me, while the ending seems to be more to my liking because of its catchy tune.

    hmm how about season 2 probably they'll change the music a bit to the audience's favor

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    the opening seems a little bit odd to me, while the ending seems to be more to my liking because of its catchy tune.
    What's wrong with the opening? Doesn't look odd to me.

    It's your opinion, still, but I'm just asking.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    the opening seems a little bit odd to me, while the ending seems to be more to my liking because of its catchy tune.

    hmm how about season 2 probably they'll change the music a bit to the audience's favor
    They better get Ash's seiyuu to perform the next Opening song; I'm only here for female vocalists and Rica Matsumoto would slay. I agree about the current Opening being odd; the animation is wonderful, but it looks like something from a different anime imo. And the Opening song is pretty bland in my opinion. The Ending song isn't much better, but the animation is cute at least.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I agree about the current Opening being odd; the animation is wonderful, but it looks like something from a different anime imo. And the Opening song is pretty bland in my opinion.
    Oh, I see what's wrong.

    Meh, odd or not since it doesn't feel Pokemon-ish, I still love it.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    The ending lyrics in this episode have:
    Horubee, Harimaron, Yayakoma.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,388

    Default

    I love that OP so much. So catchy

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    The ending lyrics in this episode have:
    Horubee, Harimaron, Yayakoma.
    Hm... Is this implying something?...

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    Hm... Is this implying something?...
    The Pokémon mentioned before that were Dedenne, Fokko and Bakeccha and the ones before that were Pikachu, Keromatsu and Nyasu.

    Now the thing it could be hinting at is someone might be catching a Pumpkaboo.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 7th December 2013 at 2:10 AM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    So no, it is not imply what you're most likely thinking. Now the thing it could be hinting at is someone might be catching a Pumpkaboo.
    Kinda my point behind the last post.

    I'd say that if a Pumpkaboo is captured, Serena or Clemont will probably being the one to make the catch, Clemont catching it for Bonnie.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The lovely and crazy chiapas
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    The op was catchy, a bit generic but catchy as hell.
    The ed theme made me smile so hard my sis tought i was watching funnycat vids in ytube, true story :3.

    Not gonna lie this season ed is just there to be cute, yet i have not found a reason to complain about it, lets just wait to see how it feels after 10+ eps.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

    Looking for contrary snivy and adaptability skrelp, they can be traded now XD

    I HATE the Hoenn region and its winguls with a passion that can burn steel beams. But i love move tutors, Lets see how this goes...

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,932

    Default

    me i only wish they should make a better opening, that volt song seems odd to me btw

  23. #223

    Default

    Two months in and I'm still having a hard time trying to say all the types said in the beginning and end of the opening. Talk about seriously a japanese thing. The ending is cute with Pikachu's various expressions and lyrics changing each time to a different pokemon's name

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Of Keys View Post
    Two months in and I'm still having a hard time trying to say all the types said in the beginning and end of the opening. Talk about seriously a japanese thing. The ending is cute with Pikachu's various expressions and lyrics changing each time to a different pokemon's name
    You're not the only one who's tried to do so. Makes me wonder if the music editors just sped up the song during those parts.

  25. #225

    Default

    Note: All posts related to the dub opening have been merged into this thread Let's keep discussion on the different songs separate from here on.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •