Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Default The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I am very excited for this show. I am a bigger Marvel fan than I am of Pokemon. Seeing the Marvel Cinematic Universe on the small screen will be great! Plus, they tie in with the movies. Joss Whedon is a great director!

Coulson Lives!!!

Who else is planning to watch this next Tuesday? September 24th?
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

I might check it out. I love marvel, mainly Spidey. I even bought a 700$ Spidey suit and make appearances at the comic shops in town. I'm guessing Spidey won't make an appearances but ill still check it out. Coulson is awesome.
    3DS FC: 5300-9437-2684
    Claim a Pokemon- Zekrom owner
    We are Fearless

Yeah, sadly Spider-man (my favorite of all superheroes) is owned by Sony. We probably will not see any well know comic characters or big super powers in the show. There will be powers, and there will be some comic book characters. It will be a unique story, and that is what excites me. If you got facebook, I suggest looking at the Marvel Cinematic Universe page for theories and news on the show and other movies.

"Don't touch Lola" - Coulson

Also, one character coming in the third episode is kind of a big villain in the comics. Bet he is downplayed for MCU though. Spoilers here: http://marvel.com/news/story/21197/d...|1w2n3ox87v8ba
    Last edited by crobatman; 21st September 2013 at 4:05 AM.

I'm more of a DC man, but I'm still excited for it. I haven't been too impressed with anything I've seen Marvel put out since 2008, but hoping this will open up a new window for them.

Dude the Amazing Spider-man was awesome. Nuff said. Cro ill check it out.
    We are Fearless

Sweet, I think a tv show format will be great for stories. I am just hoping it can last more than one season, and tackle the competitor of NCIS.

Here are some of the enemies of SHIELD that will show up later:

Any theories about this?
    I have heard they will be like the real life group Anonymous, that leaks government information to the public.

Source: http://www.moviezine.se/artikel/1439...-hit-stockholm

Here is another imagethe rising tide.jpg
    Last edited by crobatman; 21st September 2013 at 5:51 AM.

Man this does look like it's gonna be good. I don't really know what to expect from this show. Usually shied interacts with the superheroes shield by its self might not get the ratings. We'll see though looks very interesting. So it's like a syfi ncis?
    We are Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by 1Zekrom View Post
    Dude the Amazing Spider-man was awesome. Nuff said. Cro ill check it out.
    It was respectable, especially after the struggles of past Spider-Man films. I can be critical with movies, so I found a few quirks in the film that held it back for me. Overall I appreciate it though, especially that they made him develop the webs rather than it being one of his "powers".

I'm hoping the show will be filled with Easter eggs. I love seeing movies/shows tip their hat to things and give little things for the viewers to look for. Always fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings View Post
    It was respectable, especially after the struggles of past Spider-Man films. I can be critical with movies, so I found a few quirks in the film that held it back for me. Overall I appreciate it though, especially that they made him develop the webs rather than it being one of his "powers".

I'm hoping the show will be filled with Easter eggs. I love seeing movies/shows tip their hat to things and give little things for the viewers to look for. Always fun!
    Agree I liked Spidey 1&2 but 3 was unbearable. Andrew Garfield played a great Peter, I was a little jealous.
    We are Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings View Post
    Yes, easter eggs are always the fun part of these shows! And the Marvel Movies have plenty!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Zekrom View Post
    Man this does look like it's gonna be good. I don't really know what to expect from this show. Usually shied interacts with the superheroes shield by its self might not get the ratings. We'll see though looks very interesting. So it's like a syfi ncis?
    Just think about this, "Superheroes" are a rare and new thing in their world. They are focused on threats from science to the supernatural. I am thinking it is like NCIS and Fringe mixed together. SHIELD has been around before the modern superhero era. What have they been doing?
    Last edited by crobatman; 21st September 2013 at 6:18 AM.

I am looking forward to watching it. I have liked Marvel since I was a kid, especially the X-men. S.H.I.E.L.D. is pretty cool and I liked Agent Coulson. I know the show won't be stories straight from the comics, but seeing a show about Marvel characters and in the Marvel universe is still going to be great. I heard there are going to be cameos, but I don't know if that means they are introducing new Marvel characters through this show or if that means characters from the movies like Nick Fury and Maria Hill will guest star?

I have seen most of the shows that were based on comics like Smallville and Birds of Prey, and I am currently watching the first season of Arrow. They strayed from the comics on a lot of things, but all-in-all they were/are good shows. I have been wanting a Marvel show since I was a kid. I am hoping the show will at least introduce some heroes like Iron Fist, Luke Cage, or even Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk. They could even tie the show in with the movies as the movies come out. There is a TON of potential for this show. There are SO many Marvel storylines and characters they can use. I will hopefully be watching the show on Tuesday.

^^Oh and I am hoping for a lot of Easter Eggs too.
    Last edited by RogueLapras; 21st September 2013 at 6:28 AM.
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

It would be nice to have some introductions to major characters like the Heroes for Hire, but I bet it will have a focus on more obscure characters and even newer ones. It may be so good of a show that it even impacts some of the 616 universe. That happened with Avengers, by introducing the Chitauri even in 616.

616 = Mainstream Marvel Comics

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    It would be nice to have some introductions to major characters like the Heroes for Hire, but I bet it will have a focus on more obscure characters and even newer ones. It may be so good of a show that it even impacts some of the 616 universe. That happened with Avengers, by introducing the Chitauri even in 616.

616 = Mainstream Marvel Comics
    That would be great. That would mean the show is well-written and gets a strong fanbase. Meaning the show will stay on for a while.... I am just SO tired of all of my favorite shows getting cancelled

EDIT: And yeah I was thinking the majority of the Heroes for Hire could be introduced and teamed-up with in the show. I'm not a huge fan of HfH, but I would be ok with seeing them in the show.
    Last edited by RogueLapras; 21st September 2013 at 6:38 AM.

I would enjoy a H4H Movie or even their own show. It would be awesome to see something like that based in the 70's style. Luke Cage has amazing one liners.

I saw that Marvel is in talks to make a show about Agent Carter. I am not too sure about that one... http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...carter-tv-show

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    I would enjoy a H4H Movie or even their own show. It would be awesome to see something like that based in the 70's style. Luke Cage has amazing one liners.

I saw that Marvel is in talks to make a show about Agent Carter. I am not too sure about that one... http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...carter-tv-show
    I doubt there will be one taking place in the 70's, but I agree it would be better to make it in that time.

I heard about the Agent Carter show... I'm not too sure about that one either. I mean I liked Peggy in the Captain America movie, but making a show around her? I just don't know. If Joss Whedon has anything to do with it, then it might be pretty good lol.

I heard there is suppose to be several live-action Marvel tv shows: Punisher, Cloak & Dagger, Hulk, Jessica Jones/Jewel. I'm not really a fan of most of them, but I think the Jewel series or the Cloak & Dagger series might be good.

The S.H.I.E.L.D. show or any of the other shows could introduce any number of Marvel heroes and villains. Even if they didn't really focus on the big teams like Avengers, X-men, and the Fantastic Four, they could still use characters from teams like New Warriors, Hellions, New Mutants, Young Avengers, Power Pack, Excalibur, X-Factor, X-Force, (a true) Hellfire Club, Thunderbolts, etc.
    Last edited by RogueLapras; 21st September 2013 at 7:02 AM.

Well, just in case you all are not aware, one character coming in the show is Dr. Franklin Hall. Who could this obscure character be? Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graviton_%28comics%29

I am sure this will be before he gets powers, but what other obscure characters in Marvel would you like to see?

Cool. I hadn't heard about Dr. Hall. That's something else to look forward to from the show.

There are tons and tons of characters that I would like to see, but they might be too mainstream to be considered for the show. I mainly want to see at least one mutant (because I am a huge X-men fan lol) and at least one mystical character. Werewolf by Night comes to mind. Would he be considered obscure?

Werewolf by Night would be cool! Also, he was a part of SHIELD in the comics. There was a new version of the Howling Commandos with him in charge, and other supernatural characters. http://marvel.wikia.com/Howling_Comm...28Earth-616%29

I am not sure about mutants, because of X-men characters owned by Fox. However, does fox own the rights to show x-men on tv? I guess Marvel has loopholes to things because they are getting Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2. I think they could avoid mutants by having some Inhumans.

The Watcher would be something I want to see, even if he is a big mainstream character.
    Last edited by crobatman; 21st September 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Im not so sure what this show is about.

I mean, sure it has marvel elements, but when i checked Wiki, it just said they are a team that handle special cases.

It is going to be "Heroes" all over again?

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

I think it will be better than Heroes, with a better plot and characters. Whedon has always had great shows, so I trust this to be entertaining and thoughtful.

I'm still not 100% sure what the show will be about either, but it's the Marvel universe so I think it'll be good. Even if I wasn't a huge Marvel fan, I would still give it a try just because Joss Whedon is doing it. I liked Firefly & Buffy, so I'm sure I'll like this too.

I think it will be a show that would catch my eye too even if I wasn't a marvel fan. I like shows with suspense, sci-fi, and supernatural elements. I really like the show Sleepy Hollow that just came out. I am not sure if Shield will be dealing as much with supernatural, but there will be super powers.

Joss Whedon is a very skilled director, so I have a lot of faith in him. I'll be more surprised if this show turns out bad with him at the helm. Still, I've got to see it before I make a call, but I have high hopes.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Joss Whedon is a very skilled director, so I have a lot of faith in him. I'll be more surprised if this show turns out bad with him at the helm. Still, I've got to see it before I make a call, but I have high hopes.
    I can't say I'll be too surprised, but we shall see. I think a show like this comes down to the writers. I'm hoping they don't go for heavy special effects and "pretty" stuff rather than things like character development and a good ongoing plot.
    3711-7728-5652

It seems like it will have time to expand in character development especially with a team of people working together. It is like how Avengers could be if it was not a movie. The Avengers movies are like rare events when they come together in the Cinematic universe. By that, I mean in Shield, there are diverse people with a variety of backgrounds using their skills to accomplish their goals.

Just a couple more days until the premiere!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast