Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I really liked the Avengers so I'm sure I'd love this just as much. Has it aired already? I hope I can catch the series when it comes on.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I really liked the Avengers so I'm sure I'd love this just as much. Has it aired already? I hope I can catch the series when it comes on.
    You are good for now! It comes on this Tuesday evening in the USA. British fans have to wait until Friday I think.

Here is a really cool Preview for it:
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=2686873915001

I am excited that it starts tonight! It is almost like the anticipation for the movies.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

I've always been more of a DC fan, but Marvel has done mostly well with their series of movies. I'm very excited for S.H.I.E.L.D.
    I was lucky enough to see the first episode during the panel at SDCC this year, and I can definitely say that it's off to a good and mysterious start. I'm really looking forward to getting answers and watching this new story unfold. They can do so much more with a tv series in terms of plot than they can with a movie, if they're given even time and episodes to do it with.

It starts in 30 minutes!!! I wonder if Stan Lee makes a cameo in the first episode

I agree about tv being able to do more with plot. Movies are fine, but tv has a longer time to tell a good quality story.

So Extremis is the bad guy? I hope they aren't going to just recycle everything

and I still don't get how Colson survived being stabbed through the chest.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 25th September 2013 at 2:58 AM.

I do not think they will recycle things, but they used the elements of this show to confirm the events of Avengers happened. Coulson even knew Extremis was a new thing. I wonder if J. August Richards will be back in a future episode. Will he keep his powers?

Yeah, I was confused about Coulson too. "He still doesn't know?" That has got fans stirring.

Also, I totally called the flying car at the end of the show. Nick Fury had one in the comics in the past.

Sadly I didn't get to watch it. Was it good?
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueLapras View Post
    Sadly I didn't get to watch it. Was it good?
    Slow to start, but all pilots usually are. I think its going to be good

It was really high production value (as expected), and overall pretty good for a pilot. I hope they lose some of the cheesy humor and gimmicky bits.

You can never get a good idea about a show just based off its pilot, but I'll continue watching. Obviously lots of questions and concerns, but I'd imagine those will be cleared up pretty soon. I still hope they don't try and continue with the overkill of humor though.
    3711-7728-5652

I loved the overkill of humor from Colson myself :P

Thanks for the answers. Hopefully my cousin recorded it so I can watch it.

I don't like too much humor either, especially if the show is suppose to be serious. It's ok if they have one 'comic-relief' character though. I did like Coulson's jokes in The Avengers movie, so if it's just him it won't bother me.

Well I can't wait to watch it and I wish them the best. Maybe it'll go many seasons like Smallville did.
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

I wouldn't be surprised if the truth of Coulson isn't revealed until the end of the season or beyond. interesting group of agents to be using, plus adding in a civilian. can't wait to see what else they manage to run in to during the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    Slow to start, but all pilots usually are. I think its going to be good
    That's how I felt about this show. It was slow starting, but I still managed to enjoy it. I really enjoyed agent Colsen the entire time of the show. It does look like it could be a good series once we get deeper in it.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I loved the overkill of humor from Colson myself :P
    Now it's fine and often enjoyable, but when they get into the story and try to add mystery and depth, the humor will take away from it.

I found a site that lists possibilities for why Coulson is still alive, the reasons weren't all too great. It even went as far to say Nick Fury got plastic surgery to look like Coulson and take his spot...oh, and that Ant-Man shrunk down and somehow healed Coulson from inside his body. Hoping they've already figured that part out and it's a good enough explanation, or I'll be disappointed.
    3711-7728-5652

I think he was cloned.

I watched it last night, and I agree that it was rather slow-paced. I did enjoy it, though I felt that some of the references were too self-indulgent. The ending was incredibly cringeworthy. :P

When does it air every week?

When does it air every week?
    I would assume every Tuesday night.
    3711-7728-5652

I hope this show doesn't follow a MOTW format. It introduced an overarching plot and villain, but it didn't seem to rushed to make it ingrained in our minds.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Marvel said we should stay until the end of the credits this week. It was totally worth it!

Spoiler:- Awesome!:

I didn't catch it. Was it worth watching? I saw a few moments of it, but it didn't seem all that great.
    3711-7728-5652

Well, without spoiling anything, they found a powerful artifact that references an MCU movie.
    They had internal problems with the team. Had to resolve their differences. Agent May is a really good fighter. Coulson is a PLAYER. Better than episode 1.

The ending is the best part.

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    Well, without spoiling anything, they found a powerful artifact that references an MCU movie.
    They had internal problems with the team. Had to resolve their differences. Agent May is a really good fighter. Coulson is a PLAYER. Better than episode 1.

The ending is the best part.
    I think I know which MCU you're referring to. Heard it in the few seconds I saw :P

I'll have to try and watch it online or catch a re-run. This is why I don't get into many shows. Couldn't even watch it two weeks in a row.
    3711-7728-5652

I have the first 2 episodes but haven't watched it yet. Hopefully it meets expectations.

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings View Post
    I think I know which MCU you're referring to. Heard it in the few seconds I saw :P

I'll have to try and watch it online or catch a re-run. This is why I don't get into many shows. Couldn't even watch it two weeks in a row.
    I watch most of my tv shows on Hulu or other places online also. Some shows, like SHIELD, I have to watch when aired.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast