Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 4 and Spin-off series?!?

Default Walking Dead Season 4 and Spin-off series?!?

Not only is Season 4 of The Walking Dead exciting, but their world will be expanding with a spin-off too.

http://www.newsarama.com/18945-the-w...haracters.html
    Also, Robert Kirkman says season 4 will be the best of the TV series so far.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on how the world of Walking Dead can be expanded?
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

I'm kind of worried about this season because it doesn't seem to be following any particular story from the comics at this point. It's prison life drama with a "new threat."

I think it would be cool if they introduced some plots or characters from Telltale's TWD, Maybe they could even make that the spinoff.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

The Walking Dead is a great show. I have the first 3 seasons on dvd. I'm not sure if I'll like the fourth season though. I really, really like (almost) all of the remaining cast. I don't want the writers to kill any of them off. They need to introduce more characters to kill off. I do have to say that I did NOT like The Governor! I wish they have given him what he deserved in the last season. Michonne is definitely my favorite character.

I am going to watch the spin-off series too. It may not be as good as the original show, but I think it will be close. And I'm sure there will be cross-over episodes too.
    Last edited by RogueLapras; 22nd September 2013 at 2:45 AM.
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

I'm not that excited about season four to be honest. I thought season three's finale was a mess and I feel that season four might disappoint. Plus there aren't that many characters on the show that I really like aside from Daryl and Michonne at this point. I'll watch the premiere though, just to see how the season will start. I don't care for this supposed new spin-off series to be honest. They're just milking the series for all it's worth.

I think in Season 4, they will only be at the prison for a couple episodes. There will be a false peace in the place at first, but things will quickly go into disaster. We saw in the preview that the group gets split up, so that means there will be separate plots with the characters going on in the episodes again. I hope it gets back to the feel of the earlier seasons.

I agree that the spin-off may be milking it, but isn't that what all spin-off shows do?
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Okay well I gave the first episode of Season 4 a chance and I thought it was decent. I liked that the prison seemed more like a community what with the crops planted everywhere and stuff, plus all the new people seemed to be helpful. I loved that Michonne was still searching for the Governor and Daryl was amazing as always in every scene. I was worried that Carl would become more annoying in this season, but he wasn't that bad. I didn't like the Glenn & Maggie pregnancy subplot though. Seemed unnecessary. Glad Hershel has a prosthetic leg now and that Carol was teaching the kids how to defend themselves from walkers. The subplot with Rick in the woods and that lady seemed kind of boring, not to mention predictable since I knew she would try to attack him. Anyway, the scenes at the store made me roll my eyes since those walkers just kept falling from the ceiling even though they must've been up there for months and they suddenly started falling once they heard noise in the store? Didn't seem realistic to me.

Breaking Bad spin-off, Walking Dead spin-off, Mad Men's final season being extended across two years just like Breaking Bad, and Low Winter Sun promotion out the ***. I think AMC is panicking.

At least they can ride that Walking Dead cash cow for as long as those comics keep being made.

Wow, episode 1 of Season 4 was amazing! ..

Really excited to find out what the cause was of the incident at the end of the episode!

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

I honestly don't know what a spin-off of the Walking Dead would even be about...

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessazn View Post
    Wow, episode 1 of Season 4 was amazing! ..

Really excited to find out what the cause was of the incident at the end of the episode!
    Yea it was pretty amazing. The Patrick kid apparently is from a Disney cartoon Phineas and Furb.
    Kalos National Dex progress: Seen: 477 Caught: 414 as of 10/24/13

ZANGOOSE WILL BE DESTROYED FOR ETERNITY! POOR SHINY SEVIPER!
    X/Y Shiny Total: 2
    Caught in Friend Safari on 10/16/2103
    Caught in Friend Safari on 10/20/2013

3DS FC: 3866-9169-9438
    Ice Type: Spheal, Bergmite, and Piloswine

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessazn View Post
    I've read some theories saying that it's because of the meat that they were eating. That one pig that Rick kept seemed to be dying from some kind of disease and I think it's being passed on to the people at the prison who are eating contaminated meat. That's one theory anyway. It could just be some other disease that's going around.

The new episode was great. I loved the gore in the beginning. Finally the drama on this show is deceasing and there's more action.

The newest episode was great, better than the season premiere imo. I loved that a mysterious person was feeding the walkers; it'll be interesting to learn who it is. I also liked that that Patrick kid turned quickly and that chaos broke loose when his victims turned as well. I really love chaotic moments like that in this series. I also enjoyed Michonne's moments; it seems she had a baby and lost it which would explain why she didn't want to hold Judith and then broke down in tears. I thought Rick's plan to lure the walkers away by sacrificing the pigs was ingenious but sad. And I felt so bad for Tyreese when he found Karen's remains. That was so sad.

Another awesome episode, I have a feeling that the gate will crash sooner or later during the Season ...

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

I'm really liking this season so far. I thought the prison setting would get boring after a while, but it's still great because we still get to see Rick and the group struggle against the walkers. It just proves that there isn't a safe place in the world for them, and now with the disease that's going around things are getting more interesting. The only part of the newest episode that seemed kind of boring were Carol's moments; she's become a lot more serious and hardcore this season but I didn't care for her talk with those little girls.

(I feel like a fool; out of all places, didn't think this had his own thread - finally someone I can talk to about the show who really understands it! ;_; )

That gigantic herd Daryl and co. spotted is undeniably going to the prison by the season finale. But apparently, someone is feeding the walkers and those... burnt bodies. All so confusing. I'm thinking the Governor has someone infiltrated that is trying to corrode the group.

PS: Who is Michonne chasing in Macon?
    Last edited by SharpedoX; 23rd October 2013 at 6:24 PM.

Season 4's first episode was great, but it doesn't seem like the story is going to go anywhere at the moment other than -> new threat, run away, survive outbreak, live somewhere new.

It's concerning, but i'll let things kick off before fully making a prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    PS: Who is Michonne chasing in Macon?
    The Governor apparently. Also, I don't think he's behind the troubles at the prison. I find it hard to believe that he could enter it and start trouble without anyone noticing. I think he's out there biding his time in Macon which is where Michonne wanted to search next (it was one of the few places she hadn't searched yet apparently).

I haven't read the comics, but to me it's likely Governor is going to form an army of people/walkers in order to attack the prison and get revenge later in this season or the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    The Governor apparently. Also, I don't think he's behind the troubles at the prison. I find it hard to believe that he could enter it and start trouble without anyone noticing. I think he's out there biding his time in Macon which is where Michonne wanted to search next (it was one of the few places she hadn't searched yet apparently).
    Ah, thank you! Kind of a dumb question on my part though but I might have missed some plot point here or there.
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    I haven't read the comics, but to me it's likely Governor is going to form an army of people/walkers in order to attack the prison and get revenge later in this season or the next.
    I skimmed some of the summaries for the comics, but honestly, the television series doesn't adhere to the comics that well in the first place, so the comics don't exactly foreshadow what will happen in this season imo. Although I think it's obvious that the Governor will attack the prison again with a new gang of people. He'll probably appeal to the desperate people that are living in the wilderness and who want a safe place to live and the prison is one of the few safe places in the area apparently. That'll probably be their target.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I skimmed some of the summaries for the comics, but honestly, the television series doesn't adhere to the comics that well in the first place, so the comics don't exactly foreshadow what will happen in this season imo. Although I think it's obvious that the Governor will attack the prison again with a new gang of people. He'll probably appeal to the desperate people that are living in the wilderness and who want a safe place to live and the prison is one of the few safe places in the area apparently. That'll probably be their target.
    Honestly, that's exactly what i already predicted.

Especially the desperate kind of people as you said - we've already seen one in S401 who tried to attack Rick, hint much?

This week's episode was a lot slower than I thought it would be, but I loved that Rick and Tyresse fought at the beginning. It felt realistic given that Tyresse had just lost Karen. I was surprised and saddened that Sasha got infected though; I like her and I want her to survive. I liked that Hershel risked his life to help the people at the prison with his homemade remedy and I was surprised by the size of the herd that Daryl and the others encountered; I thought Tyresse was dead for a minute until he showed up again in the woods. I wonder what that radio broadcast was about though. Anyway, I'm stunned that Carol was the one who killed Karen and David. That revelation was shocking.

To summarize last week's episode: Damn Carol you scary! Srsly she's just plain weird now and I did not expect that plot twist. TWD keeps getting better and better.

The new episode was even slower than the previous one, but I loved Daryl; he kept the others in line and although I don't like that Michonne plans to stop searching for the Governor because of what Daryl said in the previous episode, at least it was development for her and it shows that she's getting over Andrea's death. I thought the parts with Rick and Carol were pretty boring and I'm surprised he blamed her for what she did; she was obviously just trying to protect everyone. I don't get it though, did she go her own separate way at the end or what? I feel like I missed something because my stream was so laggy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast