Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1077

Thread: Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    704

    Lightbulb Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

    I tend to be someone who has opinions that are often the opposite of the general mainstream opinions that everyone has. For example, pretty much 95% of the internet prefers to watch subbed anime, whereas I only watch dubbed and actually think that the original Japanese VA's aren't as good as the english ones.

    Do you have an opinion that few will agree with and that most people won't like? Post 'em here.

    Here's some of mine:

    1. As stated before, I prefer dubbed anime over subbed/raw anime. Honestly, the English voice actors give a more attractive and sexier voice for most female characters, whereas the Japanese sound like 12-year-old girls. Not joking. I was watching the dubbed version of The Future Diary / Mirai Nikki, and when I heard Yuno's original japanese VA (I accidentally watch a few seconds of subbed when trying to find the latest episode dubbed) I couldn't believe my ears.
    2. I find movie adaptions to be more enjoyable than the original books. It may be just me growing up in this generation, but I'd prefer a visual and I wanna SEE what's happening. I'm not very creative/imaginative, if I create something it will most likely use official resources.
    3. Generation III was the best generation, to hell with Generation I.
    4. Sonic '06 was actually a great game, and my second favorite game in the Sonic series, the first being Sonic Adventure DX which was an amazing game.
    5. I'd prefer to play an FPS that centers around a realistic war. I'd rather play any of the Modern Warfare games over Black Ops I or II since the latter is purely fictional.
    6. Gurren Lagann isn't as good as everyone believes it to be (Aside from the patriotism and fads which it spawned, still use those today)
    7. Tumblr is for emotionally broken 16-year-old girls. I have a Tumblr myself but I never really use it.
    8. Fallout 3 sucked because of the ending.
    9. Generation IV introduced some of the most overrated mons in existence (Lucario, Electivire, Scizor, Infernape etc.)
    10. This current generation of time sucks balls.
    Last edited by Green Blockhead; 23rd September 2013 at 11:37 AM.

    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Planeptune
    Posts
    366

    Default

    I tend to like watching dubbed anime more, I like MLPFiM, I don't think Attack on Titan is all it's cracked up to be, I like K-ON! more than Clannad, Evangelion or Attack on Titan there are probably others but they're not coming to me at the moment, I'll probably think of them later.

    Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Geelong, Victoria, Australia!
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    I love music of the 80's and I hate most of today's music because in my opinion a lot of it is horrible, very horrible.

    "Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13

    Exclamation Whut?!

    Pikachu is so clichč i mean he's a tiny mouse that can use thunderbolt. Most thunk he is Poke mon there's 100's of other but no pick the useless mouse to be the “poke mon“ icon

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    pOtato
    Posts
    397

    Default

    I hate Call of Duty and PewDiePie with a burning passion.
    I also think reading is ****ing fun.
    I use to hate My Little Pony. As you can see, that has changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by /b/ board
    What does Cheese Pizza mean?

  6. #6

    Default

    I think stuff from the 80s is overrated
    Despite the current events that are happening today wether in the news,TV,movies, videogames, I still rather live today and find the good than try to glorify the past.
    Zombies, vampires are overrated and overdone.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    56

    Default

    I dont follow any organized religion and i look at life differently than a lot of people.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Spokane, WA (USA)
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    I hate Call of Duty and PewDiePie with a burning passion.
    I also think reading is ****ing fun.
    I use to hate My Little Pony. As you can see, that has changed.
    You! You! You ... thought thief!
    font size one

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gaur Plain
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Reading and school is fun imo
    I think COD sucks
    I for some reason liked Paper Mario Sticker Star



        Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:
    .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    513

    Default

    I think babies are fugly and I hate children.

    Come at me.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bucklebury Ferry
    Posts
    423

    Default

    I enjoy spiders. Most are cool, some are cute. All are fascinating.

    http://bugguide.net/images/cache/BQR...AQY0NQTK4K.jpg
    ^ cute white fuzzy jumping spider

    1779 1165 5016

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Spokane, WA (USA)
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    I think babies are fugly and I hate children.

    Come at me.
    Oh yay, me too! even though I am a child : P
    font size one

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riding on my Crimson Loftwing
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Let's see,

    -I LOVE reading, especially fantasy, but over the top fantasy sits bad with me.
    -I like MLP: FiM XD
    -Pikachu is one of my favorite pokemon despite all the hate with it being, "the most popular pokemon". I've always liked Pikachu : ) Oh, and Charmander too.
    -I like dub more than sub, but it really depends on the voices/anime. I'm not going to say all sub or dub is bad. I just go with whichever I like better, but I prefer dub since it's in my native language.
    -When I like something, I like it casually most of the time. I don't know why, but most of the time I don't get like super excited over things, I get really interested. (that doesn't mean I don't get excited, I just know how to control myself most times) Like with the Twilight series. When it became popular, I read them casually, thought it was original and then casually dropped it when the girls overobsessed about it. (The real reason for me dropping it was that it got too depressing)


    Uhhh, I can't think of anymore right now, but if I do, I'll be back.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

    Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardly Oz View Post
    I enjoy spiders. Most are cool, some are cute. All are fascinating.

    http://bugguide.net/images/cache/BQR...AQY0NQTK4K.jpg
    ^ cute white fuzzy jumping spider
    Yeah, spiders are interesting. Same with scorpions, though I wouldn't want to be near one for long.

    I think this thread should be elsewhere, but meh :P.

    Basically I have mostly traditional opinions, so take that as you will as the list will be pretty long. I also have a bit of a biased opinion toward how the romance genre is handled these days, like how apparently for it to be a romance the love interests gotta have sex for the sake of it. I seriously don't know many romance stories in which sex has a much more important, and intimate role, and so I typically will cringe/wrinkle my nose when the characters start going at it and it doesn't change a thing about the story. Really, in most cases you can take out the sex and the story wouldn't lose anything.

    Also, on the subject of anime dubs and subs, I don't really have a preference. I feel that as long as the emotions and atmosphere are still there, I will enjoy it no matter what it is.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    - Spiders aren't that scary.
    - 90's Nicktoons really aren't that good. In fact, the only one I can still fully enjoy now that I'm older is Ren & Stimpy.
    - Scary Movies are all badly written and boring.
    - I like Final Fantasy 9 more than 7.
    - Making something dark and edgy doesn't automatically make something good.
    - Watching movies in a theater is a waste of time and money. You can't talk, you get overcharged for everything, and there are always so many people.
    - I'm annoyed by people who hate everything and everyone.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gliese 581-G
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    I hate the Rolling Stones with a burning passion. Also U2 and Bon Jovi (but that's fairly common, I guess)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    34

    Default

    -I think today's popular music sucks immensely.
    -I believe Dragon Ball Z Kai is better than the original Z.
    -Math is one the best subjects.
    -I think most movies and TV shows are a waste of time.
    -The Pokemon anime has always sucked.
    -I love to write as long as I am not under time constraints or have to write about prompts which do not interest me.
    -Reading is also fun provided I do not have to analyze meaningless themes, symbols, and motifs.
    -I hate celebrities.
    -Being single is enjoyable.
    Last edited by Rational Rayquaza; 20th June 2014 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Added more stuff

    "When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
    - Robert Pirsig
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    I post here occasionally despite the fact I no longer play Pokemon.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    198

    Default

    -I find handheld games way more enjoyable than console games. Not a COD or GTA fan.
    -I dislike several highly thought of films. Such as The Avengers and Avatar.
    -I hate Apple with a passion
    -I thought Pokemon 4Ever was actually a pretty good movie
    -I love learning about things and taking a bold interest in stuff independently that normally I wouldn't care about in school (I gain a much more vast knowledge with an hour on the Internet than an hour at school).
    3711-7728-5652

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    631

    Default

    I don't think Call of Duty games are fun.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    with a shuckle
    Posts
    211

    Default

    i hate CoD
    i like math
    and most importantly...i hate a character in pokemon,guess who it is,RED.
    he is not the ultimate trainer if you beat him,but literally everyone else insists that even if you beat him,you are still a weakling
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //


    credit to froststorm

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I do the same for some

    I;m not a fan of COd either WOOT

    The orginal DBZ was a big waste of time, so much damn filler.
    Last edited by Kreis; 23rd September 2013 at 3:45 AM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    I think Final Fantasy 13 is a good game.

    I don't like super heroes at all.

    Can't stand Avatar the Last Airbender or Korra for some reason.

    Not a fan of shooters in general.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Learning/school is fun
    FIFA is the best football simulation out there

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    109

    Default

    What's the point of this thread? People won't say their real opinions in fear of backlash. And, if the reputation system is up, they could basically lose all their reputation. Since I know my opinions are from years of research into both the sides of conservative and liberal, I'll post it here. And, you know what, I don't care if my reputation goes down -1100 points. The below is all true to some degree:

    Informed Opinion #1: Most Stock Investors Are Parasites of Working Class America
    +Invest in the stock market of major corporations? You're probably stealing from the working class and causing poverty. Any extra dollar you get for your investment is taken directly from the working people's wages and possible healthcare benefits, off the back of their hard labor. Admit that you don't care, you just want your return on your investment, and get over it.

    I won't allow you to get the extra money and pretend you care about poor people, because you don't. If you really care, how about you start only investing in companies that are more fair to their laborers? What's an example, you say? Invest in Costco vs Walmart. Costco pays their employees a liveable wage and they get some basic healthcare. You get a return on your investment AND the workers are pretty much taken better care of.

    Informed Opinion #2: Most if Not All Welfare is Actually Corporate Welfare, Because You are Subsidizing Low Worker Wages Corporations Pay
    +To my middle class white family; shut up about your freakin' middle class paycheck going to the "welfare queen" and slobby "food stampers". Most welfare and tax stamps recipients are working. We need these programs, because corporations are allowed to overpay their investors and not pay their workers a liveable wage. Ms. Buttersworth can't pay for both her rent, car to get to work, and food in her stomach making minimum wage at Walmart for 40 hours a week (or only 20 hours because they don't want to give healthcare for full time workers). Let her go hungry, you say? Don't say you're a nice person, because you are not.

    Informed Opinion #3: Our Current System is so Skewed Toward the Wealthy that it Interferes With the "Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness" of the Non Wealthy. We Need to Tax Investment Gains Made on the Backs of The Poor, and Subsidized by the Middle Class, to Make the System Follow Our Constitution.
    +The American Government needs to tax any extra money gained in the stock market by 50% and put it directly into the food stamp program and health care for poor people. The investors still make a profit (and thus will still invest in the stock market anyway), and the middle class paycheck isn't used for food stamps just so someone who had extra money in the first place now has more money. No, you stock investor, you are not entitled to be greedy and make more profit at the expensive of at least 80% of people in the United States. I invest too, but I at least make sure I'm investing in places where people are better taken care of.

    Informed Opinion #4: You Really Suck if You Want GM (Genetically Modified) Foods Banned as a Whole. Take Your Suckiness Elsewhere
    +Want to ban GM foods? GM foods have done way more good than bad. They've preventing billions from starving and basically the whole world for going hungry. Want to starve millions of people in places where it is impossible to grow food and pests run rampant? Ban GM foods and say you are saving the planet. I dare you. Look up "the Green Revolution" and see what true evil these foods have done.

    Informed Opinion #5: Your Foreign Aid and Charity Might Be Making Things Worse
    +Sending aid to Africa? Think before you send aid to Africa. Stop mindlessly sending clothes, building them homes. Stop, stop, stop. Half the time, you're not helping. In fact, you're making it worse. People don't have money there, right? How is anyone supposed to make money when clothing, food, water, shelter is provided to everyone for free? Okay, I admit, this isn't universal. Sometimes they have no way of getting this and need the help. Just promise me that before you donate, make sure the supplies you are donating are not undermining their local economies and barter systems. Make sure you are not making their living situation worse, please.

    Informed Opinion #6: No Matter What Way You Look At It, The Pro-Life Movement Doesn't Make Sense.
    +As a simple observer, I have to say pro-lifers are not pro-life and don't deserve the label. They are mainly about pro-birth and about punishing women for having any type of sex. That's all they care about, at their core. If they really cared about protecting a fertilized egg or fetus...if they really thought it was a person from conception worthy of saving, they wouldn't just care when the women makes a decision to terminate her pregnancy. They'd care when her body does too (miscarriage). So if they really were trying to save these "persons" as a whole movement, why aren't they paying scientists to stop miscarriages? Why are they not helping to fund research into saving fetuses that are aborted either by natural means of the body or by the medical community?

    Why do they just care when the woman makes a conscious decision to end her pregnancy? It is because they want to use forced pregnancy as a way to deter and punish a woman for having sex. They really don't think the fetus or fertilized egg as a person, otherwise they'd care about saving all of them. Not just the ones the woman doesn't care about.
    Last edited by Silent_Vibrava; 23rd September 2013 at 8:05 AM.




    Want someone to review your fanfiction? Wish granted. I accept fanfiction review requests so just PM me!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    ---
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikings;16422177-I dislike several highly thought of films. Such as The Avengers and [B
    Avatar[/B].
    Lol nobody liked/likes Avatar. It was a terrible, terrible movie and received awards for worst director, worst lead role and I think worst supporting role.
    FC: 2234 - 8515 - 1161
    IGN: Nick

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •