Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

~I do not believe in any God or general higher power, and do not have a very positive view over organized religions like Christianity (to put it nicely. =P).
    ~I HATE Summer and Spring. Spring makes me depressed, while Autumn is what gives me that happy to be alive feeling, and Winter is the best season overall.
    ~I MUCH prefer Generation IV of Pokemon over Generation III.
    ~I'm pretty much a "90's kid", but I don't worship everything from the 90's. In fact, the only cartoons from that time I really like are Cartoon Network's.
    ~Drinking is not an acquired taste worth acquiring in any way, shape, or form.
    ~The obsession with zombies and supernatural creatures in general is getting on my last nerve.
    ~I don't hate all modern music. I mostly listen to classic rock/oldies and classical, but claiming that modern music is bad is closed-minded. I know of plenty of crap I can't stand from the classic rock era.
    ~I couldn't care less about celebrities and don't pay any attention to them.
    ~(Of course I had to say this one) Woodwind/Brass instruments > All other instruments. I actually love all kinds of instruments, I'm just tired of the way woodwind/brass instruments are seen by the mainstream.
    ~ ~
    ---

~Original Image from pixiv~

I really get angry when people bash my favorite shows/ franchise without any reason at all.
    For example, MLP: FiM and Pokémon.

Most people who say **** about bronies or the show itself hasn't even seen it and at just a first glance, takes it as a show for little children and nothing more. Well in reality, it is so much more.

And Pokémon haters... Ugh. I have found people who don't even know that there is more to Pokémon than just an anime. They haven't even played the games, or doesn't even want to give a try, yet keeps on insulting this wonderful franchise and the fandom.

People, just experience something before talking about it, be it good or bad. Blinded opinions like that are just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by I Like Pie! View Post
    I really get angry when people bash my favorite shows/ franchise without any reason at all.
    For example, MLP: FiM and Pokémon.
    The fact that I don't like MLP seems to be a minority opinion on the internet....

* I do not like being under the sun nor do i like sun-bathing
    * I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, and I am a virgin.
    * I don't really like ice-cream or chocolate

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Federation View Post
    Lol nobody liked/likes Avatar. It was a terrible, terrible movie and received awards for worst director, worst lead role and I think worst supporting role.
    "Nobody" is a rather subjective word. I know a lot of people who loved it and whole-heartedly, yet blindly, believe it was one of the best films ever made. I agree it was terrible, but sadly not everyone realizes that.

Oh, I also hated Iron Man 3 (like many others), and I hate Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessazn View Post
    * I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, and I am a virgin.
    Same with me. That stuff never appealed to me in high school. I can agree with not liking ice cream too lol.
    Last edited by Vikings; 23rd September 2013 at 4:21 PM.
    3711-7728-5652

Quote Originally Posted by dethmetalchick View Post
    The fact that I don't like MLP seems to be a minority opinion on the internet....
    I have noticed that on this thread, My Little Pony is more of a popular opinion than unpopular. It's more mainstream than let on.

Sprites made by Botchan-MLP

I think anime is an overrated art form.
    My Youtube Gaming Channel
    (There's Pokemon!)

Pokemon Y Tag Team Wonderlocke
    Pokemon are put in teams of three, the first Pokemon obtained of the three is the captain.
    Only switching between members of your team.
    If the captain faints or the other two team members faint, the whole team is released.

Badges: 4
    Deaths: 8

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

Eh, most of the opinions I have are fairly mainstream, but I'll name a few.

Also, some of these "unpopular opinions" aren't that unpopular. Like hating new music or liking reading. A lot of people hate new music and/or like reading, trust me.

- I think most 90's cartoons are overrated. I don't hate them, in fact I like a lot of them. I just don't think they're the masterpieces people make them out to be, for the most part. And I can think of plenty of 90's cartoons I don't like (Captain Planet, CatDog, Rocket Power, etc.)

- On that note, I don't think modern cartoons suck. Some do, some don't. That's the way it always is in every decade. No decade is "better" than the others.

- I also think most of the Renaissance Disney movies (The Little Mermaid to Tarzan) are overrated. Again, I like all of them save for Pocahontas, but I don't think every single one of them is a masterpiece, like people make them out to be. The only ones that deserve that title (imo) are TLM, B&tB, Aladdin, and TLK. The rest are just average to good at best.

- I don't think modern music sucks. I just think the good stuff is more obscure.

- I don't think America sucks. Granted, I don't think it's the granted nation in the world, but it's far from being the worst, like so many people make it out to be.

- I think the people who complain about genwunners are more annoying than the genwunners themselves. Same with Twilight. I don't like Twilight, but the amount of hate it gets is unnecessarily excessive.

- I think 3rd gen. is incredibly overrated. Granted, the Pokemon are cool, but I think the Hoenn region is bland compared to the others (Kanto aside), the music is forgettable, the water routes are annoying (and Repels don't make them any better), and the villains are lame. Again, I don't hate 3rd gen., I just don't understand why everyone seems to like it so much when the other gens do so many things better imho.

Despite the current events that are happening today wether in the news,TV,movies, videogames, I still rather live today and find the good than try to glorify the past.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post

- I think the people who complain about genwunners are more annoying than the genwunners themselves. Same with Twilight. I don't like Twilight, but the amount of hate it gets is unnecessarily excessive.

Yes, I agree. Twilight is mediocre at best. It has a lot of really obvious problems that I'm not going to list because I'm sure everyone has been bashed over the heads with it. However, at it's core it's still a decent tweeny romance book.

If you think Twilight is truly the worst book ever written, you need to read more books. Because Twilight at least has basic entertainment value and has some interesting concepts within its mythology. Seriously, you will find a worse book if you jump off the band wagon for a second.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

Generally speaking, steampunk as a visual style is very overrated, has jumped its shark repeatedly, and, odds are, your creations look like you pulled them off a junkyard and strapped them to something to look "cool."

Don't get me wrong. Some steampunk or pseudo-steampunk or pseudo-Victorian stuff can look nice. Most of it doesn't, though.

Also, some of these "unpopular opinions" aren't that unpopular. Like hating new music or liking reading. A lot of people hate new music and/or like reading, trust me.
    You know, I was thinking this. I'm glad someone else is here to say this for me.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

- I think 3rd gen. is incredibly overrated. Granted, the Pokemon are cool, but I think the Hoenn region is bland compared to the others (Kanto aside), the music is forgettable, the water routes are annoying (and Repels don't make them any better), and the villains are lame. Again, I don't hate 3rd gen., I just don't understand why everyone seems to like it so much when the other gens do so many things better imho.
    Overrated? I think 3rd Gen seems to receive an unnecessary load of criticism because of the generation gap from Gen 2 to 3 (or at least used to), among other things. That, and since we have seen every other region in a more recent generation, it's no surprise that there are people would like to see it again at some point. I'm pretty sure Johto was exactly the same way before HG/SS were announced. If you want my opinion, I really enjoyed 3rd Gen, and it definitely did a some things well and other things poorly like any other region, but I don't see how it's that sub-par.

Actually, I might be in the minority thinking that HG/SS and Johto in general are massively overrated, but I'm not going to sit here listing why I found them sub-par. Wrong thread for that.

I also find some of the hate for old classic books to be unnecessary. Prime example would be anything by Charles Dickens. Yes, it's not very exciting, and his work comes off as being very boring, but I found some of it enjoyable.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 23rd September 2013 at 6:53 PM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Overrated? I think Hoenn seems to receive an unnecessary load of criticism because of the generation gap from Gen 2 to 3, among other things. That, and since we have seen every other region in a more recent generation, it's no surprise that there are people would like to see it again at some point. I'm pretty sure Johto was exactly the same way before HG/SS were announced. If you want my opinion, I really enjoyed Hoenn, and it definitely did a some things well and other things poorly like any other region, but I don't see how it's that sub-par.

Actually, I might be in the minority thinking that HG/SS and Johto in general are massively overrated, but I'm not going to sit here listing why I found them sub-par. Wrong thread for that.
    I think that Generation III has found itself in a point to where it's somewhere in the between. Although nowadays I see a lot more praise for it than I do otherwise. I feel very alone for having it as my least favorite generation. This was not the case when it came out, as a lot of people were down on it. But now it seems like everybody's favorite generation is Generation III.

Generation IV became the new generation to hate.
    ~ ~
    ---

~Original Image from pixiv~

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Overrated? I think 3rd Gen seems to receive an unnecessary load of criticism because of the generation gap from Gen 2 to 3 (or at least used to), among other things. That, and since we have seen every other region in a more recent generation, it's no surprise that there are people would like to see it again at some point. I'm pretty sure Johto was exactly the same way before HG/SS were announced. If you want my opinion, I really enjoyed 3rd Gen, and it definitely did a some things well and other things poorly like any other region, but I don't see how it's that sub-par.

I think Woodwindsrock said much of what I was thinking. The idea of Gen 3 being overrated is a more recent thing. I know it was criticized heavily when it was the "current thing," but all of a sudden, it seems to be everyone's favorite generation nowadays. More than likely partially because they haven't been remade (as you suggested) and partially because the people who grew up with the game are now in high school/college and nostalgia-ing for them.

And honestly? I feel like people have soured on the Johto games and (especially) the Kanto games. I don't see nearly as much love for either of those games as I did in the past. Yes, it's probably partially because those games have already been remade, but I don't know. I feel like there's another reason people have soured on those games. With Kanto, I imagine the whole "genwunner" mentality is part of it, not to mention the fact that the games are dated by now (including FR/LG), but that's all I can think of.
    I don't think I'd go as far as to say hating Gens I and II is popular opinion, though. I just don't think it's as unpopular as you think it is.

Again, I'm not saying I don't like Gen III. I just personally think it's one of the weaker Gens. That's all.

But we're going a bit off-topic.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 23rd September 2013 at 8:10 PM.

- i think that religion has its place (figuratively, not literally.). i am not religious in any way shape or form.
    - i dislike sun. i like rain. (arguably mainstream)
    - i don't think obese people are disgusting, lazy lumps of fat that waste space. (definitely not mainstream)

I never understood what the fuss about the new Batman Trilogy was. I've watched them all and the only one I mildly enjoyed was the second one.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

i think adventure time is lame.

i watched the first season of MLP to understand the hype behind it and to see what people like that one person in this thread meant when they said "there's so much more to it."
    ... there is nothing more to it. it's a cartoon about ponies and friendship and these so-called bronies are in dire need of testosterone shots.

“... even if the world line changes, as long as you don't forget me, i'm there.”
    myanimelist || hummingbird || vndb || tumblr || last.fm

*Sigh* Long list

I hate all FPS games (With the exception of portal 1&2)
    Reading is my favorite hobby
    I picked a Law class on purpose
    I like the Star Wars Prequels
    I try to be politically neutral
    I have religious views that are starting to be the minority
    Percy Jackson sucked
    Harry Potter is stupid

....maybe i shouldnt go on XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

The entire Halo series sucks.

also, bronies suck.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    You just lost the game.

Here goes nothing.

~ Overly religious people are idiots and just should stop trying to forcce their religion onto people who already have a religion.
    ~ I liked Batman and Robin
    ~ I prefer Aurorus over Tyrantrum. It's so freaking elegant dammit!
    ~ I think singing shows are stupid
    ~ I wanted Rob to win Redemption Island
    ~ I HATED the Percy Jackson series. Every last little bit of it.
    ~ Instagram is for silly nannies.
    ~ Adventure Time reminds me of a drawing of some ADD kid
    and finally
    ~ Idiots deserve their consequences.

And there you go.

Thank you based Irra for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by 725roy View Post
    Here goes nothing.

~ Overly religious people are idiots and just should stop trying to forcce their religion onto people who already have a religion.
    ~ I liked Batman and Robin
    ~ I prefer Aurorus over Tyrantrum. It's so freaking elegant dammit!
    ~ I think singing shows are stupid
    ~ I wanted Rob to win Redemption Island
    ~ I HATED the Percy Jackson series. Every last little bit of it.
    ~ Instagram is for silly nannies.
    ~ Adventure Time reminds me of a drawing of some ADD kid
    and finally
    ~ Idiots deserve their consequences.

And there you go.
    That's the second time I've seen Adventure Time and Percy Jackson on the list. Is that really in the minority? Percy Jackson looks horrible and Adventure Time is idiotic.

Oh, I also hate Daniel Tosh and his show...and Facebook lol.
    3711-7728-5652

-I dont puke, die, or overall exaggerate my pain or hatred whenever Justin Beiber and his music is mentioned. Or in other words I dont hate justin beiber.
    -I hate Tosh.o
    -I hate the Adventure Time fanmade gender swap ********.
    -The world wouldn't be a better place if religion didn't exist.
    -I like rap.
    -Not liking every new gimmick that is introduced in pokemon doesn't make you a genwunner.
    Last edited by IAintObeezy; 23rd September 2013 at 11:46 PM.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    also, bronies suck.
    Not liking something is one thing. Insulting a whole fanbase is another.

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    also, bronies suck.
    I'm also adding this to my list.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    whereas the Japanese sound like 12-year-old girls.
    This is why I generally prefer dub to sub. (Not always the case though)

Anyway...

~ I'm not a fan of MLP, but I can see why people like it.
    ~ I wasn't pissed about Ben Affleck playing Batman in Man of Steel.
    ~ I love every single Star Wars movie.

That's all for now...
    Last edited by Seles; 23rd September 2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: no

a very important video - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    1. As stated before, I prefer dubbed anime over subbed/raw anime. Honestly, the English voice actors give a more attractive and sexier voice for most female characters, whereas the Japanese sound like 12-year-old girls. Not joking. I was watching the dubbed version of The Future Diary / Mirai Nikki, and when I heard Yuno's original japanese VA (I accidentally watch a few seconds of subbed when trying to find the latest episode dubbed) I couldn't believe my ears.
    You do know that Yuno is only 2 years off that age right. How would you expect her to sound?

Edit, I suppose I'll list some.

-I don't really care what people really do as long as it doesn't effect me
    -Voting is a waste of time and my vote won't change anything
    -Stereotypes tend to be right
    -Men shouldn't be looked down on for hitting a women
    -Unisex bathrooms in schools cause more harm than good
    -Convicts should be sent to war instead of jail
    -
    Last edited by Jb; 24th September 2013 at 12:01 AM.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast