Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Quote Originally Posted by pokemasta92 View Post
    Well "The Federation" was responding to this quote by "Vikings": "I dislike several highly thought of films. Such as The Avengers and Avatar."
    The Last Airbender wasn't highly thought of, at least not like The Avengers, which he included in the same category as being highly thought of. That's why I assume he's referring to Avatar, which is the actual name of the movie...but I could be wrong.
    In another comment he said "Lol nobody liked/likes Avatar. It was a terrible, terrible movie and received awards for worst director, worst lead role and I think worst supporting role." I know for sure that won quite a few Raspberry awards, not sure what specifically. He should have been more clear though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    In another comment he said "Lol nobody liked/likes Avatar. It was a terrible, terrible movie and received awards for worst director, worst lead role and I think worst supporting role." I know for sure that won quite a few Raspberry awards, not sure what specifically. He should have been more clear though.
    You may be right. That actually makes a lot of sense. If that is what he meant, he made himself look like a jackass, haha.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

- I think Charizard is overrated and I don't like it one bit.
    - I'm not a big fan of English songs. I prefer Japanese :3
    - I don't like it when non-competitive battlers talk about how Smogon is liberating them or something. Annoys me to no end, seriously.
    - Gen I is a bit overrated IMO. I can see why it's loved but it doesn't appeal to me as much as Gen IV (which is hated on often)
    - SAO is bad and doesn't deserve the popularity it gets. Fairy Arc was awful. I liked the openings though.
    - I think Steel doesn't deserve the nerf in Gen VI.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    I just looked up the movie and he's right it did win those bad awards, but it was misleading. "Avatar" and "The Last Airbender" are two completely different movies. He should have been more specific! :P
    I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Especially considering that, last I checked, the film The Last Airbender didn't have the word "Avatar" in the title, even though the series it cribbed from was indeed called Avatar: The Last Airbender. I think this was probably done to avoid confusion with James Cameron's ludicrously-high-grossing film. Probably because who would want something as shitty as the Last Airbender movie associated with their work?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    On the internet I often go mainstream because its so infested by people trying to go against the mold.
    I'm adding this to my list.

I'd also like to add that I prefer an English dub over japanese for every anime.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Quote Originally Posted by pokemasta92 View Post
    Worse director? James Cameron, who also directed Titanic, was nominated for best director.
    I thought he was talking about the ****storm that is The Last Airbender, thus my response. Didn't even think about the other Avatar. IMO it was crap too, but w/e.
    FC: 2234 - 8515 - 1161
    IGN: Nick

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    You may be right. That actually makes a lot of sense. If that is what he meant, he made himself look like a jackass, haha.
    Mind if I ask whom "he" is referring to? Lol.

Yes, I was referring to James Cameron's Avatar. I never even considered that TheFederation thought I was talking about Shyamalan's film, as I never even bothered seeing it.
    3711-7728-5652

Nicki Minaj is in the top 5 musicians of this century.

Yes, I genuinely believe this. Don't hate :P

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

How about this one:

Am I the only one here that is not obsessed with wanting a Pokemon clock from the clock shop here?

Everyone seems to be obsessed with them.

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessazn View Post
    How about this one:

Am I the only one here that is not obsessed with wanting a Pokemon clock from the clock shop here?

Personally, I think they look silly. Most of them, anyway.
    FC: 2234 - 8515 - 1161
    IGN: Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings View Post
    Mind if I ask whom "he" is referring to? Lol.

Yes, I was referring to James Cameron's Avatar. I never even considered that TheFederation thought I was talking about Shyamalan's film, as I never even bothered seeing it.
    I was referring to TheFederation. I meant that he was making himself look like a jackass by telling you your opinion is wrong and he didn't even know what movie you were talking about.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

How is cyberbullying a thing? there is a simple answer to it: turn the computer of, and walk away.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I was referring to TheFederation. I meant that he was making himself look like a jackass by telling you your opinion is wrong and he didn't even know what movie you were talking about.
    And you're making yourself look like a jackass by nagging on an issue that has long since been resolved.

cut it out guys. any arguing/flaming in this thread will be met with infractions

Quote Originally Posted by KyuremFreeze View Post
    How is cyberbullying a thing? there is a simple answer to it: turn the computer of, and walk away.
    it's not that simple though. i do think the term cyberbullying is overused and most people don't know what it actually means, but real cyberbullying usually happens by someone the victim knows irl. they bully them at school and stuff and then the person comes home and goes online and then has to deal with the person there too. it's harder to avoid because everything is much more automatic now; back in the day if someone sent you a nasty email youd be able to just delete it without reading the body inside. nowadays if someone posts **** on your or a friend's facebook it's right there in your newsfeed for you to have to read. same thing with most other social media. and completely opting out of social media as a teenager who's already down can just make it worse and lead to more bullying and **** being said about you if you delete your profiles. basically cyberbullying makes it almost impossible to escape your bully. remember amanda todd's suicide not too long ago? even switching schools didnt help because everyone at her new school found out from people at her old school contacting them and getting them to bully her too.

so no, it's not as easy as turn off the computer and walking away. there is a LOT more to it.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Some un-informed opinions:

-Most people are bisexual, would have intimate times or fwb with same-sex friends, but society suppresses it.

Some more informed opinions:

-I can understand why parents refuse to have a male caretaker or babysitter and perfectly support their decision to seek female only providers. Even as a male, I have to say violence and sexual abuse is almost universally a male problem. And if a woman did abuse the child, she often does less physical damage than a man. The consequences of a man abusing a child, especially a female child, are worse (more chance of contracting STDs, premature pregnancy, broken bones/ribs, etc). Parents cut the risk of having a child care provider sexually abuse their child 9x by only seeking female providers.

That said, if I had a kid, I probably would still would leave them with a male provider with a good reputation. Because the risk isn't great enough to be alarming to me. Statistically, it would be more dangerous for me to drive them to school everyday, take into consideration the statistics for fatal car accidents.

-Atheists, non-religious, and non-believers are morally superior. That is, if you define moral behavior as equality, likelihood of committing a violent crime, ability to empathize, social harmony, tolerance, and high standards of living. There is enough data to say this is a fact, but extremely religious people tend to have this way of ignoring data if it disagrees with their teachings.
    Last edited by Silent_Vibrava; 28th September 2013 at 7:58 AM.

Want someone to review your fanfiction? Wish granted. I accept fanfiction review requests so just PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Vibrava View Post
    [U]
    -I can understand why parents refuse to have a male caretaker or babysitter and perfectly support their decision to seek female only providers. Even as a male, I have to say violence and sexual abuse is almost universally a male problem. And if a woman did abuse the child, she often does less physical damage than a man. The consequences of a man abusing a child, especially a female child, are worse (more chance of contracting STDs, premature pregnancy, broken bones/ribs, etc). Parents cut the risk of having a child care provider sexually abuse their child 9x by only seeking female providers.
    I have to disagree with that. I saw a reportage about this a little while ago and females sexually abusing males is something that happens a lot more than you'd expect. The thing is that men are usually too ashamed about it to tell the authorities. And even if they do, they're often not taken seriously.
    For an instance, if you see an article about a male teacher who had a sexual relationship with a 14 year old girl the people usually are shocked. But if you see an article about a female teacher who had a sexual relationship with a 14 year old guy, over half of the comments are about how lucky the guy was etc.

Even the police doesn't takes it seriously. A friend of my sis was actually raped by a girl. They just laughed with it and told him to go home.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Quote Originally Posted by The Federation View Post
    And you're making yourself look like a jackass by nagging on an issue that has long since been resolved.
    I'm not trying to bring it back up. I was asked a question. Sorry you tried to make someone look like an idiot when you were wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessazn View Post
    How about this one:

Dude... I know it is all a matter of opinions, but I think they look awesome! Aha... I personally love my Serperior clock. I guess you could say they are the new "it" thing aha... and usually I don't care about fads unless I like the thing the fad is centered on! If that makes sense... in other words, I just love how they look, aha... especially my Serperior... took me forever to get this darned thing, but it was worth the wait! (to get a spot in there is like... nothing I have ever seen lol). But I am getting off topic... I am sorry. >.<
    Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there... ~ The Real World by Owl City

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Pokétrainer View Post
    I have to disagree with that. I saw a reportage about this a little while ago and females sexually abusing males is something that happens a lot more than you'd expect. The thing is that men are usually too ashamed about it to tell the authorities. And even if they do, they're often not taken seriously.
    For an instance, if you see an article about a male teacher who had a sexual relationship with a 14 year old girl the people usually are shocked. But if you see an article about a female teacher who had a sexual relationship with a 14 year old guy, over half of the comments are about how lucky the guy was etc.

Even the police doesn't takes it seriously. A friend of my sis was actually raped by a girl. They just laughed with it and told him to go home.
    Even if you take into account unreported cases, it isn't going to be a 50-50 margin. It still would be far riskier to leave your child with a male child care provider. And I'm talking about pre-puberty children (ages 2-12), where a child care provider is often needed. Not many are going to blame a little boy for being abused like this. The police are going to take it much more seriously, whether the predator is male or female. I am aware there is a double standard against men and teenaged males who are victims of rape by women, but I'm talking about children here. So it doesn't apply and I left it out. I'll repeat my opinion:

-Parents should be able to seek female only child care providers without judgement.

Also, someone gave me a negative reputation and simply said "What did Ellie just say"? I don't think Ellie ever said anything or implied anything in regards to me. I think you gave the negative reputation to the wrong person.

Want someone to review your fanfiction? Wish granted. I accept fanfiction review requests so just PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Vibrava View Post
    Even if you take into account unreported cases, it isn't going to be a 50-50 margin. It still would be far riskier to leave your child with a male child care provider. And I'm talking about pre-puberty children (ages 2-12), where a child care provider is often needed. Not many are going to blame a little boy for being abused like this. The police are going to take it much more seriously, whether the predator is male or female. I am aware there is a double standard against men and teenaged males who are victims of rape by women, but I'm talking about children here. So it doesn't apply and I left it out. I'll repeat my opinion:

-Parents should be able to seek female only child care providers without judgement.

Also, someone gave me a negative reputation and simply said "What did Ellie just say"? I don't think Ellie ever said anything or implied anything in regards to me. I think you gave the negative reputation to the wrong person.
    Yes you're right that it isn't a 50-50 margin. But the way you said it in your first post made it look like it barely happens.
    Although, it also does happen to little boys as well. Some of the men who were talking about their abuse were just 6 years old. It was usually their caretaker or even their mother who did it though.

But yeah, I agree with the fact that most of the people who do it are males.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

I hate pewdiepie, I don't think he deserves his fame, he's just annoying and boring.
    I hate family guy and South Park .
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Pokétrainer View Post
    Yes you're right that it isn't a 50-50 margin. But the way you said it in your first post made it look like it barely happens.
    Although, it also does happen to little boys as well. Some of the men who were talking about their abuse were just 6 years old. It was usually their caretaker or even their mother who did it though.

But yeah, I agree with the fact that most of the people who do it are males.
    I did say that the likelihood of a man doing it is 9x more (90%) than a woman (10%), so I did mention that women do it too. Granted, estimates by how much are all over the place and I'm giving a generous upper bound of how many women do it.

Two more opinions and I'm done for a while:

-People who give negative reputation on this thread are missing the whole point of the thread. People are supposed to say things you don't like and disagree with. Don't penalize them for staying true to the topic!

-The people who quote and challenge the opinion, instead of simply giving negative reputation, are doing an A+ job. It is kind of cool that people can post what they really think, and instead of us attacking and demonizing them we can explain why the opinion is not warranted. I wish real life was more like that.

Ohhh boy. This...will be fun.

Some people might not like me for saying some of these. :/

-To me, cursing will make you seem somewhat stupid, especially out of context.

-I didn't really like the atmosphere of Gen. 1, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of Kanto Pokemon. Maybe it's just the fact it's an 8-bit game? There's this weird eerie vibe I get from them if they have no color... i know i'm weird but i get bad atmospheres from things that shouldn't have one

-I am definitely a religious person, but I do agree with science to a certain extent, and believe that ghosts/spirits can be real.

-I think Sonic the Hedgehog is a great series. you will never ever unconvince meeeeeee

-I don't like Adventure Time, Regular Show, or most other popular cartoons. Gravity Falls is awesome, though.

-I don't like Mario. You are free to throw the tomatoes. i'm sorry but the character designs seem kinda dumb to me...i don't have anything wrong with those who like him though

Shinies:

I think K-ON! and Acchi Kocchi are superior to Attack on Titan
    Smosh and Pewdiepie are boring
    I like Trubbish more than Grimer
    Gen IV doesn't deserve all the hate it gets and I think it is superior to Gen I
    Neon Genesis Evangelion is a terrible anime
    My Little Pony doesn't deserve all the hate it gets
    Charizard is overrated
    I hate Pikachu
    I like K-ON! more than CLANNAD

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast