Page 110 of 840 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 20985

Thread: Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Belleflora View Post
    He's never gotten non-current gen pokemon, excluding Aipom and Gligar because they both got evolutions in Gen 4, and I doubt he'll start now, even with the small number of Kalos pokemon.
    Well, it could be possible for him to get a Lucario though. It's a 4th generation Pokémon, it's a steel type, and it has a mega evolution. A good combo which gives a good reason for Ash to get one but... that only depends if the writers will let Ash have one lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Oshawott seemed like it was supposed to mature and get stronger and be a powerhouse but we all see how that turned out. I'm really hoping Froakie does fully evolve(and it should, there's no reason it shouldn't). But we never know what can happen...and it better not be another Oshawott
    Not really.

Oshawott was never really a battler, he never really showed it, because he constantly lost with a few wins here. While Oshawott losing to two flamethrowers from Darumaka was fine it paved the way of making Oshawott weaker than was necessary.

Froakie on the other hand is a serious Pokemon, that primarily battles. And can be cute.

I have no idea why people think Pokemon can only be one way or the other.

A Pokemon can have multiple characteristics, one showing more than the other.

Froakie's main characteristic is it's fighting nature.

Whereas Oshawott's main characteristic is its playful/cute side.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    He doesn't act it which is my point, he is much more a battler. He's not there for people to aww over like Mijumaru and Piplup were.
    Nope, that's Chespin and Fennekin's job.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Not really.

Oshawott was never really a battler, he never really showed it, because he constantly lost with a few wins here. While Oshawott losing to two flamethrowers from Darumaka was fine it paved the way of making Oshawott weaker than was necessary.

Froakie on the other hand is a serious Pokemon, that primarily battles. And can be cute.

I have no idea why people think Pokemon can only be one way or the other.

A Pokemon can have multiple characteristics, one showing more than the other.

Froakie's main characteristic is it's fighting nature.

Whereas Oshawott's main characteristic is its playful/cute side.

Nope, that's Chespin and Fennekin's job.
    Exactly so it makes little sense for him not to evolve.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Do people really find Froakie as cute? To me it's just cool and laid back, but not cute in the slightest.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Do people really find Froakie as cute? To me it's just cool and laid back, but not cute in the slightest.
    The only time when it really was cute was the very last scene telling asg to capture it.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Do I even have to dig up the receipts for this? The amount of "Froakie is cute/adorable" comments that we got when Froakie did that bubble scarf thing should be memorable. It was literally the first thing that people pointed out when the first XY preview was released. I can't @ everyone suddenly acting like Froakie has no appeal outside of being "a battler," which is ironic in and of itself given that all Pokemon are essentially battlers anyway since battling is in their nature. So the hoopla over Froakie battling has me cackling.

Yea that was so cute when he's just sitting there with the pokeball xD
    Anyway.. did Froakie even smile? I might have to go watch those episodes again but dubbed this time...
    Also I think it's a pretty good chance Froakie will evolve at least once, all the way I think he still has a chance but we'll see :P
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I can't @ everyone suddenly acting like Froakie has no appeal outside of being "a battler,"
    I specifically just said, that no Pokemon has only one characteristic.

So I don't know where people are getting that it can only be cute or it can only be a battler.

Even though Froakie is clearly more of a battler.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Do I even have to dig up the receipts for this? The amount of "Froakie is cute/adorable" comments that we got when Froakie did that bubble scarf thing should be memorable. It was literally the first thing that people pointed out when the first XY preview was released. I can't @ everyone suddenly acting like Froakie has no appeal outside of being "a battler," which is ironic in and of itself given that all Pokemon are essentially battlers anyway since battling is in their nature. So the hoopla over Froakie battling has me cackling.
    I meant Froakie as a "cute Pokemon", such as Cleffa or Igglybuff.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

I meant Froakie as a "cute Pokemon", such as Cleffa or Igglybuff.
    Interesting point.

Just because Froakie may have "cute" moments, doesn't necessarily it is cute in of itself.

I wouldn't call Froakie "cute" but I would describe it like a loyal pet by your side willing to do anything for you.
    Froakie doesn't really seem to be that huggable, but I could be wrong. As for what we've seen from Froakie so far, I'd say it can have it's cute moments but it isn't going to act like the otter did and just do stupid things. It seems to be like a brave soldier to me
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Pikachu
    Froakie-Frogadier-Greninja
    Fletchling-Feltchinder-Talonflame

^These seem pretty much set. The only question is if Froakie will indeed evolve all the way. The regional bird always does, so Talonflame seems like a done deal. As for the rest:

One of the Ghost-Grass types ( if Chespin goes to Clemont, I hope Ash gets Pumpkaboo or Phantump. Ash has never had a permanent Ghost-type. They could easily make Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist a goofy trickster like Haunter due to the Halloween theme it seems to have.)

Eevee-Sylveon (Somebody should get a Fairy-type to showcase, and I don't see Dedenne being that Fairy-type. Sylveon evolves by bonding with its trainer. That sounds like it's right up Ash's alley.)

Tyrunt (Ash's first fossil. Gives him two types he doesn't have much of, and could also be the affectionate Biter Pokémon. )

Reserves:

Charizard (showcases Mega-Evolution. It got two Mega-evos for a reason. If any of Ash's Pokémon are going to showcase this, it's going to be Charizard)
    One more wildcard (Excluding Pikachu, Ash catches at least six Pokémon every region. I feel like he'll got his main 6, plus Charizard and a reserve. I just don't know who to pick for the reserve)

Quote Originally Posted by shelldude400 View Post
    I wouldn't call Froakie "cute" but I would describe it like a loyal pet by your side willing to do anything for you.
    Froakie doesn't really seem to be that huggable, but I could be wrong. As for what we've seen from Froakie so far, I'd say it can have it's cute moments but it isn't going to act like the otter did and just do stupid things. It seems to be like a brave soldier to me
    Froakie is far from cute, but his dub voice saved him so much, The original version "japanese version" is also good, but his dub voice is just perfect C:
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I could see Serena with things like meowstic or absol to reflect her in game team.

Could see Clemont getting the Magnemite line for the same reason

My predictions for Ash's team:

Pikachu - Duh...

Greninja - I'm really hoping for Froakie to fully evolve. I had high hopes for Oshowatt becoming Ash's first fully evolved Water Starter but we all know that wasn't going to happen, but Froakie seems a bit more battle orientated so I could see him making it to that stage.

Talonflame - Covers both lanes of the Fire and Flying type.

Gogoat - Due to the extremely slim selection of Grass types this Gen, I can see Ash getting one of these. The other two Ghost/Grass types just don't fit him in my opinion.

Pancham - I could see this guy being the little powerhouse of Ash's team and winning a lot of battles but never evolving.

Honedge - It's unique, stylish, and marketable (kids like swords). It would also be Ash's first Steel and Ghost type simultaneously.

I think this

-Ash-
    Pikachu - Yeah.
    Froakie - I don't think it will evolve it'll be just like all the other water Pokemon he's had (- Kingler) plus it seems like it's already strong.
    Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame - Bird always evolves.
    Chespin/Quilladin - I can see him getting one that evolves once.
    Tyrunt - His first Fossil Pokemon, and it would suit him, it can be the curious baby pokemon that bites everything.
    Lucario - Ash has that Aura thing, and like the games, Lucario could bond with Ash, plus it's Mega-evolution showcasing.
    Noibat/Noivern - Can definitely see him getting this.

-Clemont-
    Heliolisk - his Aipom Arm thing has a Heliolisk neck frill on it, plus there's one on a trailer. I think he's got to have another pokemon already cause he mentions having just caught Bunnelby.
    Bunnelby - I don't think it will evolve.
    Dedenne - Sticks with Bonnie.

-Serena-
    Fennekin - I think it's obvious she chooses Fennekin..
    Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon - I can see her getting one of Vivillons different forms.
    Furfuro - Serena likes fashion so it seems obvious for her to get a Pokemon that can be groomed to look different.
    Eevee/Sylveon - Showcases an older gen pokemon and the Fairy type, also something about her makes me think of Eevee.

(Perhaps Flabebe too)

-Team Rocket-

-Jesse-
    Wobbuffett
    Inkay/Malimar - As seen in trailers.

-James-
    Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist - Victrebell/Carnivine like, can hug him whenever it comes out of it's ball.
    Klefki - Like Chimecho/Yamask.

Quote Originally Posted by water trainer View Post
    I think this

-Ash-
    Pikachu - Yeah.
    Froakie - I don't think it will evolve it'll be just like all the other water Pokemon he's had (- Kingler) plus it seems like it's already strong.
    Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame - Bird always evolves.
    Chespin/Quilladin - I can see him getting one that evolves once.
    Tyrunt - His first Fossil Pokemon, and it would suit him, it can be the curious baby pokemon that bites everything.
    Lucario - Ash has that Aura thing, and like the games, Lucario could bond with Ash, plus it's Mega-evolution showcasing.
    Noibat/Noivern - Can definitely see him getting this.

-Clemont-
    Heliolisk - his Aipom Arm thing has a Heliolisk neck frill on it, plus there's one on a trailer. I think he's got to have another pokemon already cause he mentions having just caught Bunnelby.
    Bunnelby - I don't think it will evolve.
    Dedenne - Sticks with Bonnie.

-Serena-
    Fennekin - I think it's obvious she chooses Fennekin..
    Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon - I can see her getting one of Vivillons different forms.
    Furfuro - Serena likes fashion so it seems obvious for her to get a Pokemon that can be groomed to look different.
    Eevee/Sylveon - Showcases an older gen pokemon and the Fairy type, also something about her makes me think of Eevee.

(Perhaps Flabebe too)

-Team Rocket-

-Jesse-
    Wobbuffett
    Inkay/Malimar - As seen in trailers.

-James-
    Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist - Victrebell/Carnivine like, can hug him whenever it comes out of it's ball.
    Klefki - Like Chimecho/Yamask.
    the opening strongly implies chespin is going to clemont and i really find it unlikely that Ash will get 2 dragons types in the same region.

Its tough man, for me the best choice as a Grass Pokemon for Ash would be Chespin, so I'm eager to find out if it'll go to Ash or Clemont. At this point due to the lack of other Grass Pokemon, and so many people putting Skiddo/ Gogoat as a possible alternative (no! no! no!), I'm hoping it goes to Ash. One of the Ghost/ Grass types could be ok I guess but neither really seem ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by MattySadler View Post
    Its tough man, for me the best choice as a Grass Pokemon for Ash would be Chespin, so I'm eager to find out if it'll go to Ash or Clemont. At this point due to the lack of other Grass Pokemon, and so many people putting Skiddo/ Gogoat as a possible alternative (no! no! no!), I'm hoping it goes to Ash. One of the Ghost/ Grass types could be ok I guess but neither really seem ideal.
    The opening officially shows chespin with clemont, so you'll have to learn to probably deal with gogo gadget gogoat.

And even though froakie had the cute moment, doesn't make it. Cute or cutsey pokemon. Serena's rhyhorn was cute when it being pet by serena. Is rhyhorn at the same level of cuteness as like togepi or something?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N) View Post
    Froakie is far from cute, but his dub voice saved him so much, The original version "japanese version" is also good, but his dub voice is just perfect C:
    I wouldn't say far from cute..people thought Scragy was cute for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by shelldude400 View Post
    Yea that was so cute when he's just sitting there with the pokeball xD
    Anyway.. did Froakie even smile? I might have to go watch those episodes again but dubbed this time...
    Also I think it's a pretty good chance Froakie will evolve at least on ce, all the way I think he still has a chance but we'll see :P
    Yeah when he asked Ash to capture him and when Garchomp calmed down from rampaging.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    The opening officially shows chespin with clemont, so you'll have to learn to probably deal with gogo gadget gogoat.

And even though froakie had the cute moment, doesn't make it. Cute or cutsey pokemon. Serena's rhyhorn was cute when it being pet by serena. Is rhyhorn at the same level of cuteness as like togepi or something?
    Or Ash could get one of the other two Grass type lines, that you know, actually offer something new for Ash Ghost (a new typing in his control) which is more than fine since he doesn't get Chespin. Seriously, what new thing has Gogoat have to offer other than a ride on it's back?

Maybe. I found Douse Drive Genesect from M16 cute, it's just an opinion.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Why are so many saying that Inkay will go to Jessie? I've not seen any indication to it specifically going to either one so far. It just looks like it'd fit James so much more (it's a Pokémon that can hug excellent, and seeing a happy Malamar squeeze James when he uses it would be just perfect!). Plus, it doesn't feel much like a Jessie Pokémon to me.

I want Jessie to main a Female Pyroar. I mean, they have the same hairstyle!
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Or Ash could get one of the other two Grass type lines, that you know, actually offer something new for Ash Ghost (a new typing in his control) which is more than fine since he doesn't get Chespin. Seriously, what new thing has Gogoat have to offer other than a ride on it's back?
    I kinda agree on this one.Chespin doesn't have much to offer.It would've been better if it gained the Fighting type when it evolved into Quilladin.Phantump would be great for Ash.And I'd love to see the Grass type on the back seat a little...kinda like how Torkoal didn't get much attention in Hoenn.It was refreshing after all the Charizard and Cyndaquil.

A shy,easily scared Phantump would complement his team well.

I too would like to see Ash get a Phantump. I feel Trevenant might be a bit too creepy for him, but it depends on the personality they give it I guess. It always has the option of remaining a cute Phantump though!

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Why are so many saying that Inkay will go to Jessie? I've not seen any indication to it specifically going to either one so far. It just looks like it'd fit James so much more (it's a Pokémon that can hug excellent, and seeing a happy Malamar squeeze James when he uses it would be just perfect!). Plus, it doesn't feel much like a Jessie Pokémon to me.

I want Jessie to main a Female Pyroar. I mean, they have the same hairstyle!
    I want James to get Inkay purely because he went without any Pokémon for like 25 episodes in Best Wishes! Plus Jessie already has Wobbuffet and despite his highly specialised play style I wouldn't mind seeing him be her main Pokémon. I can see Inkay spraying ink all over James in a display of affection to fill up that requirement for his team too.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    I too would like to see Ash get a Phantump. I feel Trevenant might be a bit too creepy for him, but it depends on the personality they give it I guess. It always has the option of remaining a cute Phantump though!

I want James to get Inkay purely because he went without any Pokémon for like 25 episodes in Best Wishes! Plus Jessie already has Wobbuffet and despite his highly specialised play style I wouldn't mind seeing him be her main Pokémon. I can see Inkay spraying ink all over James in a display of affection to fill up that requirement for his team too.
    Oddly, I can also see Inkay spraying ink all over James all the time as well. Either way, that Inkay has the tragic fate of joining Team Rocket where blast offs will be inevitable lol

Page 110 of 840 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast