Page 312 of 1065 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 26614

Thread: Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Regarding a possible Pokemon egg; I could see it happening, although hopefully not until later on. I'd rather see characters catch their Pokemon anyway.
    What difference does it make if a character catches a Pokemon out of the wild through battle, earns a Pokemon's trust/friendship and it voluntarily joins said character, or if said character receives an egg which hatches and thus likely joins said character. I don't get what the big difference is, who cares how a Pokemon comes to be caught by a character, regardless it's a new member of their team. The potential development between said Pokemon and said character may or may not be different depending on the manner of said Pokemon's capture, but even that is speculative, because for all we know, it might be the same regardless. A capture is a capture, by any means.

As to how long it takes for an egg to take to hatch, it varies. In Johto, egg hatching was portrayed to take an ungodly amount of time, looking at you Phanpy, but if memory serves, Ash's Scraggy egg hatches within only a few episodes of Ash receiving said egg.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    i agree that clemont shouldn't own a emolga , some of us don't want to remember iris knowing that bw era was a mess to begin with.
    as long as it didn't use attract i'd be ok with him using one.

i agree that clemont shouldn't own a emolga , some of us don't want to remember iris knowing that bw era was a mess to begin with.
    I simply don't like it when characters catch Pokemon that were owned by previous characters. It's the same reason why I hope that neither Serena or Clemont get a Hoenn Starter or Kanto Starter. It would be reductive and they'd do better with brand new Gen 6 Pokemon or old Pokemon that haven't been featured much before, which is why I mentioned Clemont getting Electrike/Manectric.

It would be an honor to be compared to a pretty good character like Iris & her dynamic Emolga. Keep it cute sis.

Anyway I'll stop with the speculations a BIT because I was expecting things like Swanna & Lilligant for Cilan and never ever thought he would get Stunfisk. So I'm sure I'll get suprised this time around too with the cast members.
    Let's go back to Edo... Together

What if two of the characters ended up with the exact same Pokemon for a certain amount of time, or two Pokemon at different evolutionary stages of the same species. So long as the personalities and development was unique to each, I wouldn't necessarily mind that.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Even hoping for Serena to get an egg is a bit of a stretch because isn't it usually Ash who gets pokemon eggs?
    No. Brock, May, Misty, and Dawn got pokemon eggs, too. I want Serena to get a pokemon egg, but later on in the series. It is too early now imo.

I simply don't like it when characters catch Pokemon that were owned by previous characters. It's the same reason why I hope that neither Serena or Clemont get a Hoenn Starter or Kanto Starter. It would be reductive and they'd do better with brand new Gen 6 Pokemon or old Pokemon that haven't been featured much before, which is why I mentioned Clemont getting Electrike/Manectric.
    YES! Same here; I am absolutely against characters getting pokemon that were owned by previous characters. I mean out of the 700+ pokemon we have now, why recycle the same ones over and over again? Especially the Kanto starters. They are way too overrated and have been done to death on the show :x

Quote Originally Posted by KKS-Lapras View Post
    As to how long it takes for an egg to take to hatch, it varies. In Johto, egg hatching was portrayed to take an ungodly amount of time, looking at you Phanpy, but if memory serves, Ash's Scraggy egg hatches within only a few episodes of Ash receiving said egg.
    Time spent as an egg:
    Misty's Togepi=4 episodes
    Ash's Phanpy=2 episodes
    Larvitar=1 episode
    May's Eevee=7 episodes
    Dawn's Cyndaquil=1/2 an episode (approximately)
    Brock's Happiny=5 episodes
    Ash's Scraggy=5 episodes

Average it out and it comes to about 3 1/2 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimKennedy View Post
    Time spent as an egg:
    Misty's Togepi=4 episodes
    Ash's Phanpy=2 episodes
    Larvitar=1 episode
    May's Eevee=7 episodes
    Dawn's Cyndaquil=1/2 an episode (approximately)
    Brock's Happiny=5 episodes
    Ash's Scraggy=5 episodes

Average it out and it comes to about 3 1/2 episodes.
    the question now is what pokemon will hatch from the egg? if serena will get one

the question now is what pokemon will hatch from the egg? if serena will get one
    After seeing Scraggy hatch, I won't be doing any speculation since I was never expecting him. :x

So the consensus is that Serena's Fennekin will only evolve ONCE...

I just wonder why it has to stay in its Braixen stage anyway? Is it because it has a fairly decent(though not superior IMO)design, or for far more personal reasons?

I'd like to know the Non-"Serena is a n00b with no repeatedly stated, painfully obvious and/or repetitively telegraphed goal yet and thus she has no reason to have any Pokémon caught by or given to her until she declares said goal to Ash, Clemont, Bonnie, Team Rocket, the audience and the COTDs as the focus of Episode XY0XX"-based logic behind her Fennekin going all the way to Delphox...
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamzee Makara View Post

I just wonder why it has to stay in its Braixen stage anyway? Is it because it has a fairly decent(though not superior IMO)design, or for far more personal reasons?

I'd like to know the Non-"Serena is a n00b with no repeatedly stated, painfully obvious and/or repetitively telegraphed goal yet and thus she has no reason to have any Pokémon caught by or given to her until she declares said goal to Ash, Clemont, Bonnie, Team Rocket, the audience and the COTDs as the focus of Episode XY0XX"-based logic behind her Fennekin going all the way to Delphox...
    In my case, I will call it lucky if Fennekin evolves at all. I just don't have much hope that any of the starters will evolve at least once (after that saga that no one really wants to remember). So for me, I'm setting my expectations low so I won't be so disappointed if only 1 or 2 starters make it to their first evolution. I'm half hoping that Serena's Fennekin will pull a Torchic and try harder in battling or something similar when Serena's focus shifts to the new pokemon she catches. I'm not expecting Fennekin to evolve because of that either, but that's what I'm hoping.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

I personally can't envision a scenario where Serena's Fennekin would fully evolve. I think we'll be extremely lucky to see such a cute, marketable Pokemon evolve even once tbh. Delphox just isn't as appealing as Fennekin or even Braixen in my opinion, and I doubt the writers would risk evolving Fennekin all the way in case Delphox isn't as marketable. Imo, they may as well keep Fennekin in her base stage for the duration of XY, which wouldn't really bother me since I like Fennekin the way she is too. Hopefully Serena will catch and evolve another Pokemon and it'll become more appealing like Pangoro.

By
    I personally can't envision a scenario where Serena's Fennekin would fully evolve. I think we'll be extremely lucky to see such a cute, marketable Pokemon evolve even once tbh. Delphox just isn't as appealing as Fennekin or even Braixen in my opinion, and I doubt the writers would risk evolving Fennekin all the way in case Delphox isn't as marketable. Imo, they may as well keep Fennekin in her base stage for the duration of XY, which wouldn't really bother me since I like Fennekin the way she is too. Hopefully Serena will catch and evolve another Pokemon and it'll become more appealing like Pangoro.
    I don't get the argument that someone in the anime won't get a pokemon because it isn't "marketable" when the exact opposite makes more sense. Surely adding a pokemon to the main cast of the animé makes it much more marketable. Would Gliscor, Palpitoad, Boldore, Glalie or Leavanny have been half as "marketable" if Ash didn't get them?
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

So what do you guys think Fennekin's first move will be?

Im leaning towards the typical Flamethrower

Quote Originally Posted by americanxdream View Post
    So what do you guys think Fennekin's first move will be?

Im leaning towards the typical Flamethrower
    It already used Ember, three times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamzee Makara View Post

I personally want Fennekin to go all the way to Delphox. I don't care what the haters say about it's design. A Pokemon shouldn't be halted to reach it's full potential just because it's design isn't cute like it's basic stage. I don't think Delphox looks any worse then Greninja, but everyone's sweating over Ash's Froakie must evolve. I hope Fennekin goes all the way to Delphox and shuts up all the critics who hate on it. I think Delphox needs the attention more then it's two pre-stages because of it. Do I think it's going to happen? No. Serena's a female and the girls Pokemon tend to be kept as cute/marketable for as long as possible. May's the only female that actually has a team that could hold their own in a full six on six battle with fully evolved Pokemon and she only got it because she was off the show at that point.

Fennekin's only small chance of evolution comes from the fact that it's not being treated like Piplup and Axew. It's being treated like Torchic and has nothing to lose by evolution. I'm not counting on a evolution but I hope it does. Delphox needs it.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I personally want Fennekin to go all the way to Delphox. I don't care what the haters say about it's design. A Pokemon shouldn't be halted to reach it's full potential just because it's design isn't cute like it's basic stage. I don't think Delphox looks any worse then Greninja, but everyone's sweating over Ash's Froakie must evolve. I hope Fennekin goes all the way to Delphox and shuts up all the critics who hate on it. I think Delphox needs the attention more then it's two pre-stages because of it. Do I think it's going to happen? No. Serena's a female and the girls Pokemon tend to be kept as cute/marketable for as long as possible. May's the only female that actually has a team that could hold their own in a full six on six battle with fully evolved Pokemon and she only got it because she was off the show at that point.

Fennekin's only small chance of evolution comes from the fact that it's not being treated like Piplup and Axew. It's being treated like Torchic and has nothing to lose by evolution. I'm not counting on a evolution but I hope it does. Delphox needs it.
    OMG you're so right, i hope it evolves into its final form
    Pokemon Omega Ruby Team:

I don't think it will evolve for the same reasons why it could evolve, which sounds weird. I basically has done absolutely nothing so far and is currently just irrelevant due to serena as a chatacter so far being irrelevant. It isn't being used as a marketing toy either though, so that gives it at least a chance. It will pretty much come down to the rest of serena's team and if her goal involves battling.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I don't think it will evolve for the same reasons why it could evolve, which sounds weird. I basically has done absolutely nothing so far and is currently just irrelevant due to serena as a chatacter so far being irrelevant. It isn't being used as a marketing toy either though, so that gives it at least a chance. It will pretty much come down to the rest of serena's team and if her goal involves battling.
    Look at May's Torchic it didn't do anything. After it evolved it became her main Pokemon.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby Team:

I don't think Delphox looks any worse then Greninja, but everyone's sweating over Ash's Froakie must evolve.
    I don't necessarily disagree nor do I care what happens to Serena's Fennekin.

But I kind of find fault in this particular phrasing.

Yes I do like Delphox more than Greninja, however because it's Ash, it gives me a reason to want Ash with Greninja over Serena and Delphox.

Not just because Ash is my favorite character, but because Greninja would give Ash a fully evolved water starter.

I can't care too much about Serena and Fennekin because right now, giving her a Delphox would just be for the sake of giving her a Delphox, at least Greninja for Ash would definitely be a huge benefit when Greninja battles for Ash in the league, it's definitely going to be a powerful Pokemon with Ash.

Serena may have a goal soon, but right now, it doesn't seem necessary for her to have a Delphox. For now, I really don't care, I'd prefer to wait until around the 60th episode before deciding for sure. But I won't say no, to Braixen if it happens during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnie View Post
    Look at May's Torchic it didn't do anything. After it evolved it became her main Pokemon.
    I believe that was ONLY because Torchic had low movepool in 3rd generation, and the writers could not reasonably use it during contests.

Although that is completely irrelevant to Serena, who technically doesn't need any powerhouse or evolved Pokemon right now.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 1st February 2014 at 5:51 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I second this as much as I think the chances of Fennekin going all the way are slim.

I also personally think if Serena's Fennekin doesn't evolve all the way, I can defiantly envision a future rival owning a Braxian and/or Delphox. Starters and their evolutions, regardless if they're hated or not, tend to get showcased quite a bit in the anime and I can see it happening again here (And yes, I'm well aware that patterns get broken before anyone jumps on me about it).

Fennekin isn't useless like torchic was so it actually has to earn her evolution rather than to hope the writers just randomly evolve it so it can actually do something,

On the other hand, I have seen pictures of the final Kalos evolutions for Pokemon Center. Could it mean that they would be ok with evolving the starters this time? Does anyone remember if Pokemon Center made plush for the Unova and Sinnoh final evolution starters last time? I mean, it's hard to ignore that a pokemon's marketability does occassionally play a role in the pokemon's fate of evolution. Look at Dawn's Piplup and Iris' Axew.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1988 View Post
    By

I don't get the argument that someone in the anime won't get a pokemon because it isn't "marketable" when the exact opposite makes more sense. Surely adding a pokemon to the main cast of the animé makes it much more marketable. Would Gliscor, Palpitoad, Boldore, Glalie or Leavanny have been half as "marketable" if Ash didn't get them?
    Implying that all those Pokemon were marketable? I seem to recall that Gliscor was ousted from Ash's DP team, that Glalie got the least amount of screen-time out of all of Ash's Hoenn Pokemon, and that Leavanny, Boldore, and Palpitoad were reserve Pokemon that rarely appeared; the last one in particular took an 8-month absence at one point. So yeah, they didn't seem very marketable or even all-that popular to me given what happened to them.

Anyway, I still support Ash getting Klefki as his Fairy-type. I just figure that the writers might give him a Fairy-type at some point and at least Klefki looks dynamic. It's not just another cutesy Fairy-type imo. I'd still like to see Serena with Spritzee hopefully since it seems unlikely that Ash would catch one at this point. The writers may as well give everyone a Fairy-type to promote them more. :P

Honestly, I think Braixen just looks better with Serena than Delphox. I can't exactly provide a stunning explanation behind that rationale (I think it's ineffable).
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Page 312 of 1065 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast