Page 75 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 26058

Thread: Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Speculation Thread

I really didn't want Clemont to get Chespin. Sucks that it is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PanchamSquirtle View Post
    I really didn't want Clemont to get Chespin. Sucks that it is going to happen.
    It totally fits him though, Clemont's hair, and Chespin's green hoodie thing...

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by KKS-Lapras View Post
    It totally fits him though, Clemont's hair, and Chespin's green hoodie thing...
    I just really wanted Ash to have it.

Ugh, here we go again with Lucario. There's always a new reason for everyone to speculate its capture and usage within Ash's team and of course in Kalos, this is clearly no different because of that in-game thing which I won't specifically mention due the fact that not everyone wants the game spoiled for them. Remember this is the Anime Spoilers section, not Game Spoilers..

Anyway, since it has started already, I shall be taking cover and blanking it out so as not to get too irritated by the irrational reasoning behind the majority of the speculation surrounding it..

If anyone wants to discuss Litleo/Pyroar though, I'm all for it! Despite my most recent speculation not actually involving one, I am still hoping more than anything that Talonflame cannot learn Flamethrower, thus resulting in the capture of another Fire type, being Litleo! It's just so cuteeeeee! Oh and as for the "Pikachu covers the quadrupedal spot" argument, just no. Not only is it perfectly capable of getting about on its hind legs, but Pikachu covers no spot in any speculation because it's always there regardless of any other capture. Therefore if we say we want a quadruped within the Kalos team, that not only means a Pokémon that is restricted to standing on all four legs in all situations, but it means a new Pokémon that ISN'T Pikachu. For me, that would be Skiddo or Litleo, or both..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Anybody curious as to what Grass-type Ash would get? Chespin is Clement's, and there is only like 4 other Grass lines, one which was showcased heavily by Alexa & will occasionally showcase it. That leaves the pumpkin, the tree. Have all the 6th Gen Pokemon been revealed?
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Anybody curious as to what Grass-type Ash would get? Chespin is Clement's, and there is only like 4 other Grass lines, one which was showcased heavily by Alexa & will occasionally showcase it. That leaves the pumpkin, the tree. Have all the 6th Gen Pokemon been revealed?
    Ash doesn't necessarily need a Grass type this Gen. He could bring back Snivy, Bulbasaur, or Bayleef from time to time, or he could just go without it. There are now 18 types, he could go with a different team arrangement, slightly this time.

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    So I'm seeing that Road to Kalos special and a couple of things stick out:

1. A Furfrou is being showcased. They don't say whose it is but it was featured along with other pokemon that are on the main cast. I wonder if someone will get it down the line. If anyone, my guess would be Serena. Her interest in fashion may correspond with Furfrou being groomed in different designs. Additionally, Meowstic was also labeled with Fletchling, Vivillon, and Inkay which all belong to important characters. It's possible it might show up down the road to be owned by someone too.

2. There's a part with Pikachu and a Rhyhorn (with a saddle) confronting TR. So could that mean that it's possible that Serena brings her Rhyhorn with her?

Can't wait to see the actual show to see if these pokemon may be possible captures/choices for the cast.
    I think Furfrou may belong to Officer Jenny, like the new Growlithe.

In that clip we see Fufrou and running behind what it seems to be Jenny, Ash and Serena.

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    and because Alexa has a Gogoat that prevents Ash from catching a Skiddo? I don't think so, and yes there are only 4 grass lines (Chespin, Skiddo, Phantump and Pumpkaboo).
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 11th October 2013 at 5:11 AM.

Lucario
    *Takes out her rosary and prays to Mother Mary that it doesn't get caught by Ash*

I've just seen so many "Ash will get Lucario" theories since Gen 3 that I'm just totally cynical about the whole thing. People have been trying it for a long time and I just really don't see it happening even with Mega Lucario being revealed. I just don't see why the writers would give Lucario to Ash two generations after its debut. If it's to promote mega evolutions, then there's always Ash's Charizard; I'd rather see him return just to mega evolve than see Ash with Mega Lucario. :c

Since Ash is just getting Froakie, he better fully evolve it. There is no logical excuse for him not to.

I hate myself for this I really do, but Ash is wearing blue and Team Flare wears red (which really could just be a coincidence). What if, given their respective coloring, the Mega Blaziken seen in the trailer belongs to someone from Team Flare and Mega Lucario goes to Ash and the two develop a rivalry?

I'm only suggesting this because there was also that Anime Poster that had Mega Blaziken and Mega Lucario in the background, the trailer with Mega Blaziken, plus Mega Lucario being in the Opening. Too many things are popping up to be mere coincidence for me. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but Korrina, the gym leader who holds the secret to Mega-Evolution, isn't her Gym a FIGHTING-TYPE one? Which both Blaziken and Lucario are.

Also Pokemon Mega Evolutions are basically Super Modes, a stock Shounen Power for the heroes (Super Saiyan, Kyuubi Cloak/Sage Mode, Hollow Mask. etc.) to have. It would sort of make sense for Ash's main Mega Pokemon to be a Fighting-Type.
    Last edited by World Turtle; 11th October 2013 at 5:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    in the capture of another Fire type, being Litleo! It's just so cuteeeeee! Oh and as for the "Pikachu covers the quadrupedal spot" argument, just no. Not only is it perfectly capable of getting about on its hind legs, but Pikachu covers no spot in any speculation because it's always there regardless of any other capture. Therefore if we say we want a quadruped within the Kalos team, that not only means a Pokémon that is restricted to standing on all four legs in all situations, but it means a new Pokémon that ISN'T Pikachu. For me, that would be Skiddo or Litleo, or both..
    Just to point out, Pikachu can only walk carefully/slowly on its hind legs, it can't run or move properly if it's not on all fours.

Like I said, it's battle stance is on all fours.

And while I can understand the argument that you'd prefer the quadruped be a new Pokemon, I don't see why anyone would want one.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 11th October 2013 at 5:32 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    why's everyone *****ing and moaning about people wanting Ash to get a Lucario? its an awesome pokemon, very useful, and it has a sweet mega evolution. My personal favorite figthning pokemon, but its also a steel type giving him his first steel type pokemon...so yes I very much and others want ash to get a Lucario, maybe not mega evolve it...but at least let him finally get one
    Two reasons:

1. It was introduced 3 generations ago and has been speculated as a Pokemon for Ash for going on 8 or more years, some of us are sick of that speculation.

2. Some of us don't think it ever did, nor does it now, fit as a Pokemon for Ash to capture. (This is my position)!

At some point in the series, maybe say 40 or so episodes in, Chespin should develop a hankering for Gym battles while Fletchling/fletchinger becomes more and more uninterested in Gym battles, preferring to do other things like test drive makeshift weather balloons. Both ash and clemont do some serious soul searching and in the end see how utterly unhappy at how Fletchinder is forced to fight in battles when he's a gentle soul while the energetic and upbeat chespin is bored out of his mind testing out random inventions and agree on a trade. With that they can finally break the rule of Ash getting the regional bird, give him a grass type that isn't a goat or a halloween decoration and frees up a slot for Charizard. win win for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    why's everyone *****ing and moaning about people wanting Ash to get a Lucario? its an awesome pokemon, very useful, and it has a sweet mega evolution. My personal favorite figthning pokemon, but its also a steel type giving him his first steel type pokemon...so yes I very much and others want ash to get a Lucario, maybe not mega evolve it...but at least let him finally get one
    With the exception of Mega evolution, I honestly could not give a crap about Ash getting Lucario.

I don't think Ash should get a Lucario since why would it take this long?

I would've loved Ash to catch a Riolu, before the Unova league, so someone's team could've changed since Krookodile.

But they decided to give it to a really horrible character (MY OPINION) Cameron, and so I feel like there's just no point in Ash getting Lucario.

I won't care if Ash get Lucario, but I'm sick of all these wasted opportunities to give Ash the Pokemon but they haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    At some point in the series, maybe say 40 or so episodes in, Chespin should develop a hankering for Gym battles while Fletchling/fletchinger becomes more and more uninterested in Gym battles, preferring to do other things like test drive makeshift weather balloons. Both ash and clemont do some serious soul searching and in the end see how utterly unhappy at how Fletchinder is forced to fight in battles when he's a gentle soul while the energetic and upbeat chespin is bored out of his mind testing out random inventions and agree on a trade. With that they can finally break the rule of Ash getting the regional bird, give him a grass type that isn't a goat or a halloween decoration and frees up a slot for Charizard. win win for everyone.
    NO, it isn't.

I would be pissed for Talonflame to be replaced by Charizard. Utterly pissed, I don't care if you want to toss Talonflame in a meat grinder followed by wood chipped. Utterly pissed.

On top of that, I would hate for Ash to get Chespin that way. No, I'm perfectly hoping Ash gets ghost/grass Pokemon, which has way too much to offer Ash to simply ignore by the writers.

2. Some of us don't think it ever did, nor does it now, fit as a Pokemon for Ash to capture. (This is my position)!
    I don't see how anyone could think that with Movie 8 Lucario and DP Riolu two parter.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 11th October 2013 at 5:38 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Charizard will likely re-appear regardless, so how about a no to that idea. Ash catching the regional bird, the first time it is also part Fire, that is something that should remain. Plus, this is the Gen for a Water type to star on Ash's team.

Quote Originally Posted by PanchamSquirtle View Post
    Since Ash is just getting Froakie, he better fully evolve it. There is no logical excuse for him not to.
    its not logical but marketing can come into play and stopping it (hopefully it doesnt) because ash needs a true water type powerhouse

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    If it's to promote mega evolutions, then there's always Ash's Charizard; I'd rather see him return just to mega evolve than see Ash with Mega Lucario. :c
    no you wouldn't since you hate Charizard just as much for being a "screen hog"

Either scenario you lose.

I'm kinda on the fence here, part of me still wants Ash to get Lucario, but if he did I'd want the capture to be meaningful (and somewhat of a link to the 8th movie like him getting that particular Lucario reincarnated), not for the sake of premoting Mega-evolution, that goes for speculating older gen captures as well, he's got pokemon at the lab who can do it, i'd rather see him just get them and have them go through it if someone has too then catching an older guy who's sole purpose is to mega evolve.

Still as long as nothing hampers Froakie from evolving into a dominant force like Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and Snorlax) then I still don't overall care what becomes of the rest of the team, a Water starter under Ash's command finally has a dang chance to escape the shadow of fire and grass and become a dominant powerhouse force that none of his previous water pokemon can attest too.

Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    its not logical but marketing can come into play and stopping it (hopefully it doesnt) because ash needs a true water type powerhouse
    Froakie itself is hardly marketable enough to warrant that it stays unevolved, since I think a large amount of people (I could be wrong), prefer it's evolutionary forms.

Froakie is ash's only starter, so it is essentially a 100% lock to fully evolve....or at least evolve once and then fully near the end. I don't care about marketing, if ash only has like 5 kalos pokemon, he has to evolve some.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

@dman_dustin, you do realize by now that no matter the Pokemon he connects to or someone esle, doesn't change a hing and it's not watsed opportunies. Ash could have got a Riolu and Cameron would still have a Lucario first.

on the subject of grass types, why not just give Ash the fairy that looks like a plant, close enough, problem solved.

Still nothing better get in froakies way to power, this is the time for water to dominate, make it happen writers!

Charizard will likely re-appear regardless, so how about a no to that idea. Ash catching the regional bird, the first time it is also part Fire, that is something that should remain. Plus, this is the Gen for a Water type to star on Ash's team.
    What does part fire have to do with anything? Him cathing the first bird in the region dex is just as tired as Ash losing the league or having a non evolving water type. And the last time charizard appeared he replaced unfezant, Talonflame's counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    NO, it isn't.

I would be pissed for Talonflame to be replaced by Charizard. Utterly pissed, I don't care if you want to toss Talonflame in a meat grinder followed by wood chipped. Utterly pissed.

On top of that, I would hate for Ash to get Chespin that way. No, I'm perfectly hoping Ash gets ghost/grass Pokemon, which has way too much to offer Ash to simply ignore by the writers.
    What's wrong with it? Talonflame will still be there. He's just going to belong to Clemont now. It's not like he can actually send it off to go play PokeVolleyball or something. Also I could say the same about Grass/Fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    no you wouldn't since you hate Charizard just as much for being a "screen hog"

Either scenario you lose.
    I'm afraid you're assumption is wrong. Imo, Charizard returning for a couple of episodes just to mega evolve >>> Lucario being caught as a regular member of Ash's team. One scenario is slightly better than the other although I honestly don't think the Lucario scenario will happen since Mega Blaziken and Mega Lucario might belong to the same character, or at least I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Just to point out, Pikachu can only walk carefully/slowly on its hind legs, it can't run or move properly if it's not on all fours.

Like I said, it's battle stance is on all fours.

And while I can understand the argument that you'd prefer the quadruped be a new Pokemon, I don't see why anyone would want it.
    I can't imagine why anyone would like a team where all Pokemon have basically the same stature. Look at BW for example, Ash ended with a full team of bipedal Pokemon and even among the reserves, only Boldore was "tripedal?".. It was just boring to look at really and I'd much prefer a mix of different body structures..

Look at DP, sure you had Infernape, Buizel, Staraptor and Gible on two legs, but then there was Torterra on all fours, while Gliscor mainly sat on its tail. AG? Only Sceptile, Swellow and Aipom were on two. Torkoal and Donphan were quadrupeds, whilst Corphish was on six legs and Glalie had none! OS had a huge variety that I just won't list because it's a waste of my time.

Yes a quadruped may sound like a boring and unnecessary choice, but even something as simple as that gives us slightly more variety within the team.. and that's what I want, a bit of variety instead of them being nearly all bipedal again..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

What does part fire have to do with anything? Him cathing the first bird in the region dex is just as tired as Ash losing the league or having a non evolving water type. And the last time charizard appeared he replaced unfezant, Talonflame's counterpart.

What's wrong with it? Talonflame will still be there. He's just going to belong to Clemont now. It's not like he can actually send it off to go play PokeVolleyball or something. Also I could say the same about Grass/Fighting.
    Talonflame is much more popular in the fandom, has been since it was introduced. This is a debate you likely would loose.

Page 75 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast