Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Continues! (803)

The episode looks great Best Wishes ended on a high, there is just a few things that annoyed me that were yet again missed opportunities that held potential.

The first major thing is the Older Pokemon (beside Bulbasaur and Tauros) didn't appear in person, which is extremely unorthadox - as what usually happens they should have heard Ash was home and came running to see him again.

Apparently Bulbasaur's Solar Beam only awakens and attracts Ash's Unova Pokemon? CONFIRMED.

However, letting the older Pokemon not appearing slide - I think Muk was an essential to appear as he always hugs Ash or Oak. That wouldn't have been so difficult would it writers?

Tracey never appeared either, the coincidence being that Ash remembered him in his head yet didn't think about going to see him - Actually why am i blaming Ash for not seeing Tracey? It's the writers fault, they chose for him not to appear, jesus he could have been stood with Professor Oak doing nothing, it doesn't matter it's stupid not to include him just like it is to not show all of Ash's older Pokemon.

The writers could have completely scrapped the Team Rocket attack scene in favor of a real reunion.

Anyway, the thing that annoyed me slightly was Ash's appearance in his new clothes. He looks extremely young still despite his appearance in X/Y, just goes to show how terrible the BW animation style is in my opinion.

Sorry for complaining, I do think the episode looks really good I just wish they had included those important things. The picture moment is brilliant and something i expect for the very final episode of the Pokemon anime in which ALL his Pokemon are there and all his companions too.

Too bad none of his other pokemon were shown...and hahah team rocket lasted what, 20 seconds? the short scenes like the flashbacks of all his companions and the group picture made the episode so much better and worth watching.

..OH forgot to mention. Zekrom? He only appeared in the dare da? well..
    Last edited by Zya; 26th September 2013 at 8:47 PM.

The episode was way better than I expected. I still think that instead of showing us Alexa's pokemon scene they could've shown us the rest of his old pokemon outside of that photo. But it's still ok, at least we got to see them all and we know Ash did interact with all of them before leaving too.
    Loved Bulbasaur's interactions, really missed that guy.

I liked that Ash remembered all his past friends, and that feel of continuity I got from this episode was great.

Was that the Orange League trophy which was in the place where Ash put his Unova badges?

Overall, a very good episode. I kinda would've wanted to know where Charizard is now, but he probably is back at the Valley. (Locormus: Watch the dub episode of Charizard's return, it CLEARLY says that Charizard was with Liza first).

I really hope Ash will use his old pokemon in the next league. Let's just wait and see how XY starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Was that the Orange League trophy which was in the place where Ash put his Unova badges?
    Yes.

All the prizes that Ash ever won were also shown in the first BW episode.

However in this one they were more in focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Ash gets stampede by his Tauros herd.

Edit:- Ash's Pokemons Group Shot.

Awwww! Epic shot! Thank you writers for clarifying where Gliscor was and Charizard staying at Oak's lab. Mega evolution coming in the Kalos League.

I guess Squirtle will stay permanent with his buddies of the Squirtle squad and Primeape, I wonder how many fighting tournaments has it won by now? lol

Ash remembering his past travel companions was so nice.

Great final episode 10/10 I will always think the incident regarding TP vs. TR changed the flow of the Unova saga but whatever..

Goodbye Best Wishes, welcome Kalos/XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Yes.

All the prizes that Ash ever won were also shown in the first BW episode.

However in this one they were more in focus.
    That's sweet, remembering his epic win in the Orange League, hehe..
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 26th September 2013 at 8:57 PM.

I've just seen the pictures. Where can you watch the episode? :S
    I loved the part where Ash remembered his old friends, too. It was very nostalgic!
    And that picture of Ash with his pokemon is amazing!
    Last edited by Sephora; 26th September 2013 at 9:23 PM.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    The episode looks great Best Wishes ended on a high, there is just a few things that annoyed me that were yet again missed opportunities that held potential.

The first major thing is the Older Pokemon (beside Bulbasaur and Tauros) didn't appear in person, which is extremely unorthadox - as what usually happens they should have heard Ash was home and came running to see him again.

Apparently Bulbasaur's Solar Beam only awakens and attracts Ash's Unova Pokemon? CONFIRMED.

However, letting the older Pokemon not appearing slide - I think Muk was an essential to appear as he always hugs Ash or Oak. That wouldn't have been so difficult would it writers?

Tracey never appeared either, the coincidence being that Ash remembered him in his head yet didn't think about going to see him - Actually why am i blaming Ash for not seeing Tracey? It's the writers fault, they chose for him not to appear, jesus he could have been stood with Professor Oak doing nothing, it doesn't matter it's stupid not to include him just like it is to not show all of Ash's older Pokemon.

The writers could have completely scrapped the Team Rocket attack scene in favor of a real reunion.

Anyway, the thing that annoyed me slightly was Ash's appearance in his new clothes. He looks extremely young still despite his appearance in X/Y, just goes to show how terrible the BW animation style is in my opinion.

Sorry for complaining, I do think the episode looks really good I just wish they had included those important things. The picture moment is brilliant and something i expect for the very final episode of the Pokemon anime in which ALL his Pokemon are there and all his companions too.

1) Ash specifically asks Bulbasaur to call all his Unovan Pokemon

2) Bulbasaur has a specific Solar Beam for each of his Regional Pokemon. Yes, Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon also have their own Solar Beam calls. It means that if Ash ever wants to call those Pokemon, all he has to do is tell Bulbasaur to use that Solar Beam

3) Tracey went to see Misty. Ash is disappointed at that. He says something about it.

4) Ash's mother says something along this when he empties his bag in front of her. "You must have worked really hard" when she looks at the bag and tells something about it. To that Ash says, "I worked hard but Isshu league....." I didn't exactly understand what he said after that but he uses the word "Mou chotto"which means "a little more" depending on the context. Maybe Ash said "I should have worked a litte more hard?" Or "I should have done a little better" or something. It has to be along those lines. Which means Ash shows his disappointment. And then he gets more fired up and says "I'll become stronger. I'll become stronger." I know we saw this many a times in this series already but I love when Ash shows taking his goal seriously. Even if he doesn't win the league forever, just his determination is enough for me.

5) Ash's mother knew that he would leave again before hand. Unlike in the AG-DP transition, she didn't let herself be taken by surprise and predicted Ash would leave again. She does get surprised when he says "I'm leaving tomorrow" but she later says "I actually expected this to happen.". Throughout the episode she was shown holding back her emotions. I am pretty sure she doesn't want Ash to go, but at the same time she can't be holding back. Classic.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 26th September 2013 at 8:58 PM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post

2) Bulbasaur has a specific Solar Beam for each of his Regional Pokemon. Yes, Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon also have their own Solar Beam calls. It means that if Ash ever wants to call those Pokemon, all he has to do is tell Bulbasaur to use that Solar Beam

3) Tracey went to see Misty. Ash is disappointed at that. He says something about it.

4) Ash's mother says something along this when he empties his bag in front of her. "You must have worked really hard" when she looks at the bag and tells something about it. To that Ash says, "I worked hard but Isshu league....." I didn't exactly understand what he said after that but he uses the word "Mou chotto"which means "a little more" depending on the context. Maybe Ash said "I should have worked a litte more hard?" Or "I should have done a little better" or something. It has to be along those lines. Which means Ash shows his disappointment. And then he gets more fired up and says "I'll become stronger. I'll become stronger." I know we saw this many a times in this series already but I love when Ash shows taking his goal seriously. Even if he doesn't win the league forever, just his determination is enough for me.

5) Ash's mother knew that he would leave again before hand. Unlike in the AG-DP transition, she didn't let herself be taken by surprise and predicted Ash would leave again. She does get surprised when he says "I'm leaving tomorrow" but she later says "I actually expected this to happen.". Throughout the episode she was shown holding back her emotions. I am pretty sure she doesn't want Ash to go, but at the same time she can't be holding back. Classic.
    I missed the part were Oak says that Tracey went to see Misty, now I checked and you are right. Well, this makes the episode even better, since it makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Awwww! Epic shot! Thank you writers for clarifying where Gliscor was and Charizard staying at Oak's lab. Mega evolution coming in the Kalos League.

I guess Squirtle will stay permanent with his buddies of the Squirtle squad and Primeape, I wonder how many fighting tournaments has it won by now? lol

Ash remembering his past travel companions was so nice.
    Agreed, all of these things were nice and i like how everything was clarified.

I will always think the incident regarding TP vs. TR changed the flow of the Unova saga but whatever..
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this - everything felt different afterwards and yes up until at least BW050 was staged how it was supposed to, but that doesn't mean the future of the saga and the plans the writers had couldn't have been changed. Episodes or story arcs could have been dropped, anything could have happened.

Oh well.

That's sweet, remembering his epic win in the Orange League, hehe..
    When does he do this? I haven't seen the episode only the images.

Wow, I was joking.

I can't believe this is serious but fair enough i'm pleased that is something that was clarified.

Ah, i'm glad this was mentioned too then. Thanks, the episode has gone up by 2 points.

I never complained about anything about these points but yeah i like it when Ash takes his goal seriously and actually tries or makes an effort too.

Agreed, all of these things were nice and i like how everything was clarified.

I never complained about anything about these points but yeah i like it when Ash takes his goal seriously and actually tries or makes an effort too.
    Actually I quoted you but ended up making a general observation post :P So it isn't entirely directed at you :3

<--My tumblr

\

Actually I quoted you but ended up making a general observation post :P So it isn't entirely directed at you :3
    Fair enough, are you learning Japanese? I don't remember you ever translating episodes not that i'm complaining it's very impressive and useful, thanks

Fair enough, are you learning Japanese? I don't remember you ever translating episodes not that i'm complaining it's very impressive and useful, thanks
    LOL, my knowledge comes from watching Pokemon raws since DP :< I can understand 50% of it or something. I can understand simple words like Gambatte etc.

<--My tumblr

\

Is it just me or is it weird that Delia did not hug her own son after he was gone for so long? Their greeting was very formal lol

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    Is it just me or is it weird that Delia did not hug her own son after he was gone for so long? Their greeting was very formal lol
    I think she never hugged him onscreen (not sure). I think in Pokemon world 10 can be translated to 18 in terms of mental maturity. Well not all mothers hug their children, but chances are that a few kids don't like it because they think they are adults? 10 is adult in Pokemon, right?

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by pokeaussie37 View Post
    All the Tauros, and Gliscor. No Squirtle is fair enough. And ALL of Ash's companions!

Sounds to me like this episode was executed extremely well
    Erm, not really. I mean it wasn't a bad episode or anything, but a lot more could've been done. I just felt that Ash's other Oak'd Pokemon should have shown up in the flesh but all we got was a picture of them together with Ash, and it wasn't even revealed until after the closing credits so some people probably missed it. It wasn't fair to older fans imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Erm, not really. I mean it wasn't a bad episode or anything, but a lot more could've been done. I just felt that Ash's other Oak'd Pokemon should have shown up in the flesh but all we got was a picture of them together with Ash, and it wasn't even revealed until after the closing credits so some people probably missed it. It wasn't fair to older fans imo.
    Agreed 100%.

The episode was good, hell one of the best in Best Wishes overall - like last episode it could have been 10x better though especially with the shafting of the older Pokemon.

Oh well, Best Wishes has been like this all the way throughout giving me mixed feelings with each episode. With every good point there is about three bad points. The anime shouldn't be like this and that is why it is my least favourite saga.

I think she never hugged him onscreen (not sure). I think in Pokemon world 10 can be translated to 18 in terms of mental maturity. Well not all mothers hug their children, but chances are that a few kids don't like it because they think they are adults? 10 is adult in Pokemon, right?
    Now that I think about it, Delia has never hugged him onscreen in the previous series either. Guess 10 year olds are technically adults in the pokemon world. I mean they do leave home, too :P

*sigh*

People can't even give a positive comment on something without finding something else to complain about.

Kinda sad that there was no Gary[course i'm sad about my favorite character not showing his smug face], I want to know what he's been up to..ahh well.

Still a feelzy episode. Cried at the beginning cause oh god my Cilan baby, come back please! Cried at the end of the episode because damnit Delia why are you so strong. That poor woman. An the music just...UHG MY HEART. It was a good episode. Really gave me the feeling of closure. I can't wait for Kalos.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Snorlax is freaking huge^^;;;

Shame Squirtle wasn't there, and who says water pokemon don't get the shaft, was hoping for some interaction between him and Krookodile.

Oh well awesome episode, and nice to see Gliscor's place of staying is now determined.

Best moment of the episode for me though, Oak messing with Noivern, and trying to put himself inside it's ear causing it to go mental^^;;;; lol.

Sorry, but a group shot isn't going to sell me on the quality of the episode. So far, though, it looks decent.

With every good point there is about three bad points.
    I know. It's like taking one step forward and two steps back every time. I liked the episode over all since it had some interesting moments and interactions, plus it's one of the few episodes where I actually cried (guess why), but that doesn't mean that I'm going to ignore its flaws and only praise it. That's not healthy imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    Kinda sad that there was no Gary[course i'm sad about my favorite character not showing his smug face], I want to know what he's been up to..ahh well.
    I know how you feel about Gary; I felt the same way about Misty since she didn't even get a cameo.

By the way, where was my big bro Tracey in this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    By the way, where was my big bro Tracey in this episode?
    He went to see Misty to further increase hints between their assumed romance and thus will probably never show up until in three/four years from now.

You know if tracey woos over misty by always being there for her, then that could be used to shoot down pokeshipping so Ash can get with serena.

chris, tropius, please don't start riots up...

I thought this episode was good, I guess Oak really likes checking out new guys, but Noivern was like. "you all die now" after what he did, guess he doesn't want his ears messed with.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast