Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

It's obviously difficult making a team as only a portion of the pokédex has been revealed so far. If I had to put a team together just based on what we know it would be as follows:

1. Froakie's final evolution - Froakie is my favourite starter ever and its final evolution is currently the only certain member of my team.
    2. Mega Mawile - I want to use a Fairy type and a Steel type in my team (not to mention a mega) and this covers all and it looks really great!
    3. Talonflame - I need a flyer and so far this seems like the one I would be using but is definitely switchable if a better looking flyer is revealed.
    4. Malamar - I love Inkay so this seems like a certainty, plus its typing is great!
    5. Gogoat - It's awesome and fills in my grass type need.
    6. Tyrantrum - Dragon/Rock awesome

The only certainty is Froakie and I'm sure that my team will change drastically once I play the game.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Chespin
    Squirtle
    Torchic
    Garchomp
    Undecided

I'm going to have to think about it more. I know that I'm using the starter Fennekin for my first team, however.
    I'll edit this later.

Froakie is the only thing that's set in stone.

I'm equally interested in seeing what new tricks my old favorites might've picked up as I am in trying out some of the new Pokemon, though.

Am I the only one taking HMs into consideration when planning my team? I've noticed quite of few people who most likely will not have the ability to fly and/or surf in the new games.
    Pokemon Black 2 Team: Emboar, Ampharos, Leavanny, Mandibuzz, Gothitelle, Jellicent
    Pokemon Y Team: Greninja, Talonflame, Venusaur, Tyrantrum, Klefki, Avalugg
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team: Grovyle, Ralts, Makuhita

Quote Originally Posted by KalosChampion View Post
    Am I the only one taking HMs into consideration when planning my team? I've noticed quite of few people who most likely will not have the ability to fly and/or surf in the new games.
    I have!

I'm pinning Surf on my Squirtle and Fly on either Noivern or Talonflame depending on what team I end up with.

I will definitely take HMs into consideration. Although they are a bit of an inconvienience when planning my team, I will make sure I have Fly/Surf somewhere.

The only Pokemon I know for sure that I will be using on my ingame team are Fennekin and Squirtle. Might go with Fletchling, but I really don't want to end up having two fire types on my team.

I want to use Froakie, Talonflame, and Gogoat, but I also feel like I should use a Kanto starter. Decisions, decisions...
    Pokemon Black 2 Team: Emboar, Ampharos, Leavanny, Mandibuzz, Gothitelle, Jellicent
    Pokemon Y Team: Greninja, Talonflame, Venusaur, Tyrantrum, Klefki, Avalugg
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team: Grovyle, Ralts, Makuhita

My team will be the following

Chespin/Quilidin/Final evo
    Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
    Oshawott/Dewott/Samurot*
    Riolu/Lucario
    Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos
    (insert final Pokemon here)

*Obtain this by restarting Black, choosing Oshawott, getting to a PC with at least 1 other Pokemon so I can store Oshawott, use Poke transporter to transfer Oshawott early game.
    I didn't do it. It wasn't me. It was another Lucario who CRUSHED YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS.

I think I might go with Chespin as my starter. It's cute and I've never used a grass starter on my first play through.
    I also want to use Pancham/Pangoro, Litleo/Pyroar and maybe Bunnelby.

Unhappy

Oops, accidently double posted, sorry

EDIT: Fixed it. I apologize if this is considered spam.
    Last edited by PokeguyNXB; 28th September 2013 at 10:17 PM.
    I didn't do it. It wasn't me. It was another Lucario who CRUSHED YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS.

On X I am going to take Fennikin for my starter. I plan on using only Gen VI Pokemon on my team. On Y I think I am going to pick Chespin (I might take Froakie once I see their evolutions). I really want to use a female Pyroar on Y.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I can't have an ingame team without a Surfer and a Flyer; those two are a must.
    Skrelp is my Surfer, and I don't have a Flyer yet (though, as I said in my post, I'm considering Spritzee; let's hope it gains the Flying type).

For my first runthrough, I'll only be using Gen 6 Pokemon. At this point, I'm definitely getting X and possibly Y too. But I'll post my plans, or considerations rather, for X (and sometimes a Y alternate). My team for X is kind of going to have a slight "elegant" theme to fit with the whole region of Kalos.

Spoiler:

Other considerations are Inkay, Bunnelby, Tyrunt (if I get Y), and Clauncher.

Absolutely nothing is set in stone, these are just some pokemon I like. I plan on playing through and exploring the new region + dex, catching what I feel like. But I do like these pokemon, and will probably have them all as at least alternates.
    Last edited by Floette; 1st October 2013 at 12:40 AM.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

To be honest, I'm probably just going to catch as many Pokémon as possible, shove all but six in a PC, And put my six favs on my team
    I'll edit this later.

Well I know there are lots of pokemon we still don't know about so I don't know how my team will (or will not) change!

But I know I want Fennekin, because she's perf. I will SR for a female! I also want Sylveon, and depending on how good she is (and really.. all the others too lol) she may be a permanent teammate. I also think Meowstic looks pretty awesome. I want to use the male, but since I'm not a more defensive player, I'll probably use the female. I may use Tyrunt, since his typing and evo line looks pretty awesome! I just can't wait till these games come out :3

tl;dr
    Fennekin, Sylveon, Meowstic, and Tyrunt so far.
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

6th gen shiny count: 39

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

I never plan before release because i don't know the entire dex but i'm pretty sure i'll be using both froakie and squirtle. i can't resist it. besides that i have no idee although i do like doublade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Meowstic and Malamar are all I have on my team so far the starter from Kalos aswell as the Kanto starter will be soft reset until I get a good nature or a shiny and will be put in the box after

Friend Code: 5472 - 7362 - 2623
    Kalos Dex: 67/69 Complete
    Shiny's: 0

I didn't have an issue with this in the 5th gen. In previous gens it was a hassle but not so in 5th gen.

The only HM I use on my teams recently is Surf. Sometimes I have Fly but other times I just have a reserve in the PC for flying. During the main story I'm usually moving forward so there's no need for Fly.

That wouldn't have been possible for me if HMs needed to be used as often as gens 1-4. It annoys me to have to base my main story team around HMs, so I try to avoid it by having reserve HM slaves.

I've never had a Pokemon to fly on my main in game team I just get a random flying type to make my HM slave for HM's I don't want my Pokemon to learn

Friend Code: 5472 - 7362 - 2623
    Kalos Dex: 67/69 Complete
    Shiny's: 0

I will be playing my first play through on Pokemon X. I'm going to use a mix of Gen 1-6 on my team, I'm also going to be using more than 6 Pokemon and I'll be swapping out them from time to time using the PC. I'm going to try and use all sorts of different types, with the exception of Fairy as I'd like to try that out lots. Anyways, here is my team;

Froakie - I'll be using Froakie because it looks likes its' third stage will be a ninja, so it could either be water/fighting or water/dark which would match the rumors. I'd be happy with either combo. I was going to pick Chespin, until I saw its second stage, I know the second stage always look iffy, and its' third stage has potential to be awesome, but I'm on team Froakie now. The only reason I wouldn't use it, is because I typically pick water starters (Piplup, Oshawott, Mudkip, Squirtle), and I'd like to have a strong grass type on my team. Unlike most people, I don't really like Fennekin, I liked its basic stage, but not its second stage. I wish it hadn't gone bipedal, but oh well. Anyways, I'm picking Froakie/

Torchic - I'm going to download the event Torchic as soon as I can, it's a really good Pokemon and I like all its' stages. I was playing Emerald earlier and I purposely didn't pick Torchic because I knew I'd be using it in X and Y. I also am going to use Torchic because I picked Froakie, if I had picked Fennekin I wouldn't have. I want to have different types on my team, at least at the start. I also hope that Froakie goes into Water/Dark now a bit more because Blaziken is Fire/Fighting.

Bulbasaur - I'm going to choose Bulbasaur from the professor simply because I chose Froakie and Torchic. If I picked Chespin, I'd be taking Squirtle.

Sylveon - Again pretty simple, it looks really cool, and has the new type fairy, it also appears to be strong. So that's why.

Honedge - Same as above ^ Looks cool, and strong. It also has interesting typing.

These are what I've decided on so far, its obvious this list will change when the game comes out, and I'll be picking pokemon as I see them.

*I'm also going to be trying to use lots of Pokemon from previous games with only one evolution to see if they evolve
    **I won't be looking on the site as of October 1st to avoid major spoilers etc... so I won't know which pokemon have mega evolutions, normal evolutions etc...
    ***Since you can only have one mega-evolver at a time, I'll be going with Mega-Blaziken simply because of its ability.
    Last edited by Siebold; 28th September 2013 at 11:15 PM.

Fennekin or Froakie, I'm leaning more toward Fennekin right now. I also plan to obtain Talonflame, Pancham/Pangoro, Tyrantrum, some Water Pokemon for surfing and I guess I might take a Pokemon that can go Mega.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I made myself suffer in white 2 by literally biking everywhere because i didn't care for having an HM slave for once. i wanted to have my team without having to rotate an HM slave onto it so i would literally bike from driftveil city to castelia or whatever. It didn't take much time for me to do that but if i have a pokemon on-hand that can use HM's then so be it. i hated that gens I-IV absolutely required the use of HM's. especially when they give you such crap HM's like cut and rock smash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

I will train equally all the 6th gen Pokčmon, but I think that in the end my team will be as follows:

Chespin's final evo-I have a feeling that he will get a good second typing and will have also good stats; besides the first time I saw him, I liked him.
    Tyrantrum-Needless to say, he's just pure awesomeness and his typing is something I always desired; besides he will literally be a BEAST!
    Dedenne/Helioptile-They're my first choices when it comes to electric typed Pokčmon and I hope that the first one will evolve and won't be another pika clone...
    Talonflame-I think it will be useful to use and will also be a great help during the adventure.
    Clauncher's/Skrelp's evo-Water types are important; Clauncher could be a good attacker, but also Skrelp, who could also inflict poison status and attack at the same time.
    Doublade('s evo?)-Since he can learn Sacred Sword, he won me over, and besides, I still hope that he will become a badass haunted armor or at least shield.

That's it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I made myself suffer in white 2 by literally biking everywhere because i didn't care for having an HM slave for once. i wanted to have my team without having to rotate an HM slave onto it so i would literally bike from driftveil city to castelia or whatever. It didn't take much time for me to do that but if i have a pokemon on-hand that can use HM's then so be it. i hated that gens I-IV absolutely required the use of HM's. especially when they give you such crap HM's like cut and rock smash.
    Yeah. I strongly disliked having HM slaves. I remember being uber angry that I needed one in Gen IV to go up to fight Cyrus and Team Galactic on the mountains and wasting a slot on my team for it. I hope there isn't a need for a HM slave in Kalos. I also use the bike as much as possible. Fly and Surf are the only HMs I really use regularly.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast