Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Who would you guys use to counter Chesnaught's x4 Flying weakness?
    3DS Friend Code: 2981 6586 5454 - only accepting specific code exchanges
    In-game name is NickPick.

Your 3rd Safari Pokemon is hidden until you've beaten the Elite Four and go back online via PSS.

Poison Friend Safari
    Seviper
    Ariados (shiny reported!)
    Whirlipede

Friend Safari Access: Ditto, Quilladin, Frogadier, Braixen, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Magmar, Muk, Gyarados, Pinsir, Wobboffet, Togepi, Clefairy, Mankey, Poliwhirl, Mawile, Bronzong, Metang, EEVEE, Heracross, Vivillon, Abra, Drowzee, Galvantula, Marowak, Duosion, Barbarcle, Braviary, Golurk, Phantump, Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Swalot, Dustox, Hawlucha, Dedenne,

Looking for tyrogue, scyther, and porygon.

I swear. In the matter of days, my team plans have gone completely out the window -_- I have no idea who I'm using. And it's kinda exciting, honestly. :P
    Power. Wisdom. Courage.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSoul94 View Post
    I swear. In the matter of days, my team plans have gone completely out the window -_- I have no idea who I'm using. And it's kinda exciting, honestly. :P
    I guess I'll do the same.... rats. I'm used to being spoiled by the Japanese - rest of the world release date gap.
    3DS Friend Code: 2981 6586 5454 - only accepting specific code exchanges
    In-game name is NickPick.

Your 3rd Safari Pokemon is hidden until you've beaten the Elite Four and go back online via PSS.

Poison Friend Safari
    Seviper
    Ariados (shiny reported!)
    Whirlipede

Friend Safari Access: Ditto, Quilladin, Frogadier, Braixen, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Magmar, Muk, Gyarados, Pinsir, Wobboffet, Togepi, Clefairy, Mankey, Poliwhirl, Mawile, Bronzong, Metang, EEVEE, Heracross, Vivillon, Abra, Drowzee, Galvantula, Marowak, Duosion, Barbarcle, Braviary, Golurk, Phantump, Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Swalot, Dustox, Hawlucha, Dedenne,

Looking for tyrogue, scyther, and porygon.

I think I'll have Chespin, Fletchling, Flabebe, Helioptile, Tyrunt and Hawlucha
    I have breed and prepared a team of 6 Blissey at Lv 100, all with Healing Wish as their only move in hopes that the Secret Base mechanics stays the same as in RSE. If so, then it would be a great place to EV train HP and an even better place to gain exp for your team.

Nintendo 3DS friend-code for Pokémon Y: 4570-7229-7578
    Nintendo 3DS friend-code for Pokémon X: 0104-0371-0173

The 3DS with Pokémon Y is my main game! Please add both, but if you'd prefer to only add one, please add Pokémon Y.

My Pokémon Y FS is Poison with Garbodor, Drapion and Kakuna.
    My Pokémon X FS is Psychic with Munna, Wobbuffet and Duosion.

My current team (might change of course):

Froakie
    Charmander; Prefer Squirtle, but got Froakie. Need fly anyways.
    Sylveon; Gonna rock a shiny Sylveon. Someone was nice enough to give me an Eevee on here.
    Pangoro
    Aurorus
    Meowstic; Female
    Last edited by Vikings; 4th October 2013 at 9:06 AM.
    3711-7728-5652

Quote Originally Posted by 2nickpick View Post
    Who would you guys use to counter Chesnaught's x4 Flying weakness?
    Some Rock type would do pretty well. Aurorus and Tyrantrum are sure to be good, but some of the other leaks look like they might be decent, too.

Right now I'm thinking my team will be Chesnaught, Clauncher evo (still hoping for Water/Fire), Klefki and Aurorus. Meowstic and Hawlucha are in limbo. Out of the Flying types shown so far, Hawulcha is my favorite, and I want to use a team of all-new Pokemon. Meowstic is cute but not pivotal and I'm willing to give it up.

I was really happy to see Klefki, because I really wanted to use a Fairy type but none of them were speaking to me, except maybe Aromatisse, but I'm getting X.
    Looking for these female Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities. I have dozens of DWFs on offer. PM me if you want to trade.

Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur -> Venusaur -> Mega Venusaur (Grass/Poison)
    Nidoran Male -> Nidorino -> Nidoking (Poison/Ground)
    Froakie -> Frogadier -> Greninja (Water/Dark)
    Tyrunt -> Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
    Pinsir (Bug)

Last spot will get filled whenever I see another 6th Gen I like that can Fly. Half old, half new, seems fair. If there's no cool 6th Gens that can use Fly, then I'm going with Drifblim.
    Last edited by Masterofknees; 4th October 2013 at 10:57 AM.

Not too sure, all I know is that at some point I want Inkay, Goomy, and Klefki on my team. I'm torn between Bulbasaur and Charmander. Sort of want to start with Froakie, but not sure.
    I'll definitely need a Togepi and Sneasel too.

Right now my team for X (first playthrough) stands as:
    - Delphox
    - Aurorus
    - Sylveon
    - Heliolisk
    - Goomy3
    - Clauncher2

This will probably change several (thousand) times in the next 8 days, though.

Long-time lurker, first time poster, etc.

I'm looking at having the following team:

-Team core-
    1. Froakie (Kakashi): my favourite design, ninja (in its final form), water and dark type
    2. Charmender: my favourite starter of all time, mega evolution (X) hence part dragon type
    3. Helioptile: awesome design, nice ability, speedster
    4. Lucario: top 5 of my all time favourite Pokemon, fighting and steel, highly versitile
    5. Gengar: nice typing, awesome design, mega evolution

-Wild card-
    6. Undecided (most likely water type, I'm thinking Lapras for surf, waterfall/dive)

I might use the free Torchic in case Charmender is obtainable only later in the game. If the average level of my team is 30+ and the Kanto starters are at level 5, then I won't bother training Charmender and play catch-up.
    If Lucario is not easily obtainable then Pangoro will be my 2nd choice for fighting type.

This is what I believe my team will look like at this point in time with the information we have received so far. Things might change a week from now.
    The only Pokemon I'm sure off are Froakie and Charmender (Lucario doesn't quite make it on the "100% sure" list).
    Last edited by Icegaze; 4th October 2013 at 1:37 PM.

Second post yay~

It's looking so far like my team is rather balanced, despite being very fire-biased myself and what with three amazing new fire evolution lines, well, it's hard to pick.

1. Braixen/Delphox [Fire or Fire/Psychic] (Honestly considering keeping Braixen and not evolving. Need to see more of Delphox first.)
    2. Pangoro [Fighting/Dark] (Because PANDAS.)
    3. Meowstic [Psychic] (Because omg I love the male form.)
    4. Tyrantrum [Rock/Dragon] (Because we need to balance out all the 'cute' with 'EPIC' somehow!)
    5. Unsure
    6. Unsure

I'm aiming to go full on gen 6 for Pokémon X so let's hope some of the un-revealed Pokémon look awesome!
    Friend Code 1263-6698-4911 (Evie) (Pokémon X)
    Psychic Safari (Abra/Espurr/Duosion)

Since so much of the three Kalos Dexes have been spoiled, I think my team has solidified into:

Chesnaught
    Talonflame
    Blastoise
    Aurorus
    Mawile
    Stunfisk

with both Blastoise and Mawile having the option of Mega-Evolving.

After reading a bit more extensively on the Pokemon that are known so far (leaked or otherwise), I've decided to change things up a bit:

1. Greninja vs. Delphox. At first, I was sorely disappointed by Delphox's design (been a Fennekin fan since the start) but after scrolling through some fan-art it has started to grow on me a bit. Not really a fan of Chesnaught's design and his STAB has bad neutral coverage, so he's out for me.

2. Charizard vs. Venusaur. This depends on what my Kalos starter is. Both Charizard and Venusaur are fine for me, as both Drought and Thick Fat have their own useful niches.

3. Gogoat vs. Barbaracle. This third slot sort of completes the fire-water-grass triangle, which I'm planning to use as the "core" of my team as it offers decent offensive coverage. I haven't seen Gogoat's stats, but Horn Leech seems like a pretty good main STAB. Barbaracle's design is stunning, and its stats look promising - somewhat like a speedier Carracosta. Of all the Grass and Water types out so far, these are the only two that appealed to me.

From here on it's a bit less set in stone. Doublade vs Klefki is a possible option for a 4th slot, especially depending on the latter's evolution - Steel / Fairy is an amazing defensive typing. Pangoro looks pretty badass and will probably be a reliable Fighting type. Sliggoo is promising, depending on the final evolution (also, Goomy is the cutest thing ever lol). Malamar, Sylveon, Noivern, Heliolisk and Aurorus are even more options.

Looks like I'll have to wait and see for more official announcements or leaks to make my choices. Definitely trying to steer clear of Gen I to V Pokemon though, with the exception of the Kanto starter.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

My team's growing now:

Greninja: It will definitely be my starter, and I always keep it to the end. It's quite a good typing, and I can imagine that Greninja will have a diverse moveset (and hopefully a Flying-Type attack to defeat my rival)!
    Venusaur: Seeing as though I'll be getting the Torchic, and I really don't want to repeat a type, my favourite Kanto starter conveniently makes its way into my team. It will be my Mega Evolver in Wifi-Battles because of its two weaknesses.
    Blaziken: My favourite Hoenn starter and an EVENT Pokémon, it's a must-have. Blaziken has always worked well on my team, and in Gen VI it will be no exception, provided that it has a good moveset as usual.
    Xerneas (Competitive Only): My legendary, it only makes sense that I'll use it to show it off. It will probably end up being my team's main Special Attacker, with moves like Geomancy and Ice Beam that give great coverage.
    Hawlucha (If standalone): I don't like standalones, so this guy is very optional at the moment. I can imagine it having a great moveset, though.
    Sliggoo: GOOMY IS ADORABLE! If I can catch one of these, it's an instant slot on my team. I just hope that it has a good moveset, and a good evolution (if it gets one, which it most likely will).
        Spoiler:- My best teams:

This will most likely be the hardest pokemon game EVER for me to create a team, based on all the awesome new ones & the plethora of cool old ones (some with new mega forms!) to choose from.

Greninja Gotta use my starter, and he's my fav.
    Charizard/Talonflame Will pick one or the other. I'd love to use the regional bird to start with but CHARIZARD.

Then. God. Knows. So many possibilities!

Chesnaught
    Mega Blastoise
    Heliolisk
    Tyrantrum

and for last two i wait for more leaks and decide later on
    Pokémon Black FC:3783-0994-7933
    Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 3052-6932-7641
    Pokémon Black2 FC:4041-9290-8959

Well my team ideas didn't stick for long!

Pumpkaboo is going to be on my team. X and Y. Forever. Second favorite Pokemon, right up there with Gastly. My little baby ghosties...♥

Unless it's a version exclusive... My teams are going to be so Fairy/Ghost centered.

So here's my updated plan for X: Fennekin, Flabebe, Pumpkaboo, Absol, Goomy, Sylveon.

And for Y: Chespin... and hopefully Gastly are around. Because Gastly. And Pumpkaboo, of course. Ghost types.

人と結婚したポケモンがいた
    ポケモンと結婚した人がいた
    昔は人もポケモンも
    おなじだったから普通の事だった

Bulbasaur (Always been a reliable Pokemon within my gaming experiences)
    Torchic (As above, plus MegaBlaziken is probably my favourite "mega")
    Clauncher (Purely because it reminds me of Krabby/Corphish, whom I loved)

This is all I have planned for my 'Y' playthrough so far.. might drag in an Eevee to evolve into Espeon or Umbreon, for old times sake.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

I'm going to use a pure Kalos Team for my first playthrough. Those are the Pokemon I want to get:

- Fennekin: I love foxes and I simply love its evolutions and typing.
    - Noivern: I find it really cool and I have a thing for bats and bat-like creatures.
    - Amaura: It's about time that I use a fossil Pokemon. Also its ability is really interesting.
    - Skiddo: Seems a rather reliable Grass-type, but I'll wait for more details.
    - Water-type
    - Fairy-type (maybe Dedenne)

I will get as additional starters Squirtle and the event Torchic, but I won't use them until I finish the League for the first time.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSoul94 View Post
    I feel the same way, I feel like the massive selection of older pokemon is going to throw my plan into disarray.

I'll probably catch loads of pokemon at the start and just go with what feels right.

Hmmm, I've been thinking hard today.

Fennekin
    Charmander
    Helioptile
    Tyrunt
    Undecided on water/grass/fairy.
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

Y Team:

1. Chespin
    2. Squirtle
    3. Tyrunt
    4. Dedenne (Maybe, or some other electric type)
    5. Fletchling
    6. Unsure rt now
    Last edited by MYNISTA; 4th October 2013 at 11:36 PM.

Pokemon Y IGN: McFlyy
    http://www.gamebruh.com - [Gaming Blog/Tumblr]
    http://www.mynistamusic.com - [Official Website/Rap Artist]

Gamer. Rapper. Jesus Freak.

the following team will most likely change when the games come out.

1. delphox
    2. malamar
    3. lucario (assuming its in the dex)
    4. tyrantrum
    5. hawlucha (need a flyer and I can't put charizard in here due to delphox)
    6. unknown probably either a fairy or more likely a water type
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

For X, I plan on using my main plan of action:

Chespin -> Quilladin -> Chesnaught - My main grass and fighting, obvious starter is obvious.
    Goomy -> Sliggoo -> Goomy3 - SO ADORABLE
    Amaura -> Aurorus - A fossil Pokemon that actually appeals to me and fits on the team! (I would've used Tyrantrum, but I'l just pick him up in Y)
    INSERT WATER TYPE HERE
    INSERT FIRE TYPE HERE
    INSERT OTHER FAVORABLE/WONDROUS POKEMON HERE

For Y, aka Monofire:
    Delphox - Wynaut.
    Talonflame - Firefly
    Pyroar - IT's a freaking lion, man
    Blaziken - gotta have that Fire/Fighting thing
    Charizard - What a beast
    ONE OTHER FIRE TYPE

Thank you based Turpoo

My currently planned Pokemon X team:
    Greninja- Hydro Pump, Water Shuriken(for Delphox)/Extrasensory, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam

Heliolisk- Hyper Beam(teh lolz), Thunderbolt, Parabolic Charge, Solarbeam(if learnable)

Mega Charizard X- Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Fly
    OR
    Talonflame- Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Fly, [CoverageMove]

Sylveon- Moonblast, Focus Blast(?), Shadow Ball, [coverage]

Noivern- Dragon Pulse, Boomburst, Air Slash/Hurricane, [coverage]

Wildcard- Tyrantrum(for now)- Head Smash, Crunch, Dragon Claw, Fire Fang

When the full dex is released, I may swap out Tyrantrum, and Noivern if it isn't too good. Of course these movesets will change once te actual learnsets are released since these are all just "educated guesses". Also, some moves may be replaced by new moves. But for now, this is my prospected team. I'm still unsure between Mega Charizard X and Talonflame, but I'm starting to lean towards Charizard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast