Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Thinking of keeping Mega Blaziken as my main Mega Evo. Can't really decide yet though. Mega Ampharos looks too fabulous to let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    So decided to amend this

Froakie -> Frogadier -> Greninja

Flabebe -> Floette -> Florges

Helioptile -> Heliolisk

Charmander - > Charmeleon -> Charizard

Espur(F) -> Meowstic(F)

Goomy -> Sliggoo -> Goodra
    Updated with final evolutions.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Here are the Gen VI pokémon I'm considering getting for my X game, though I want to limit it to 8-10:
    Chespin- Quilladin- Chesnaught (Main starter)
    Litleo-Pyroar
    Helioptile-Heliolisk (may evolve)
    Clauncher-Clawitzer
    Bunnelby-Diggersby
    Espurr-Female Meowstic
    Tyrunt-Tyrantrum
    Goomy- Silgoo-Goodra
    Bergmite-Avalugg
    Pumpkaboo-Gourgeist (again, may evolve)
    Inkay- Malamar
    Froakie-Frogadier (if I get it, will not evolve into Greninja)

I'm also considering using several of my transferred pokémon once I get Pokémon Bank & Poké Transport (most of which are between levels 36-41 so I can use them in my main game):
    Eevee-Sylveon (Caught as Eevee in B2)
    Charizard (Mega Evolve)
    Farfetch'd (not really into most of the Flying types introduced this generation)
    Forretress
    Smeargle (Sketch Gen VI moves)

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

I think I'm going to do a monotype fire team in Pokemon X, consisting of:
    Delphox
    Talonflame
    Pyroar (f)
    Blaziken
    Charizard
    Another Fire Type

There are just too many awesome fire types in this game to pick only one. Plus, it should make the game a little more challenging.

Right now I'm looking at
    Delphox (Fire/Psychic)
    Aegislash (Steel/Ghost)
    HM Slave
    HM Slave
    Pokemon to use to catch others
    Pokemon to use to catch others

Almost everything has been leaked concerning new Pokemon (I'm speculating we only have 20-ish left to make the new Poke' count 80-90). I've pretty much decided most of my team, but since there isn't that many new Pokemon I may use older Gen Poke's too. Because of the new 3D art they basically all seem new to me, and just to be able to use a Mega.

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Treverant or Gourgeist or Gogoat (shiny if I can somehow find one), depends on usability to cover weaknesses
    Aegislash
    Hawlucha or Pangoro

Kanto starter:
    Charizard -- He would be a duplicate of Talonflame, but I like MegaCharizard Y
    Blastoise -- Two Water starters in one team would be hectic
    Venusaur -- I always have chosen the Grass starter in past games, so I've never really gotten the chance to actually use new Grass Pokemon

Mega spot
    undecided

Other Kalos Pokemon
    Heliosk
    Barbaracle or Clawitzer or Dragalge -- I already have Greninja as a Water type, but if wouldn't hurt
    Noivern or Goodra or Tyrantrum -- Depends on which I like the best in the end
    Avalugg or Carbink -- I like a strong supportive Pokemon, and I heard Carbink is a standalone (based off of rock-hard diamonds)

Focus Blast: "It's a good move with a secondary effect of hitting the opponent"

Wink

My team for x will be

Chesnaught(Champ)
    Pyroar(King)
    Tyrantrum(KingRex)
    Blastoise(My Shooter)
    Talonflame(Blazer)
    Malamar(Malice)

SN: H*LL YEAH I CANT WAIT, IMA BE SURFING AROUND ON A BLASTOISE AGAING!!!

So right now i'm thinking my main X team will be this, but I will probably rotate a few. I need to start thinking of possible nicknames...

Greninja
    Tyrantrum
    Avalugg
    Goodra (Maybe)
    Trevenant (Maybe)
    ???

I'm still trying to plan my teams out. It's hard with all the epic water types! So far I have:

X Team:
    Greninja
    Heliolisk
    Aegislash(even though I haven't seen it yet)
    Trevenant
    Mega Charizard X
    Avalugg

X Reserves:
    Mega Aerodactyl
    Barbaracle
    Clawitzer
    Any new Bug type

Y Team:
    Chesnaught
    Talonflame
    Barbaracle
    Heliolisk
    Avalugg
    Mega Gengar

Y Reserves:
    Skrelp's evo
    Goodra
    Mega Blastoise
    Another new Bug type

As you can see, I'm really digging these new Water types. We just need some more Bugs now.
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

If the new exp share helps a lot with training I'm considering having a rotated team of 5 Kalos pokemon and then one pokemon from each of the five previous generations. (That I haven't already used properly in previous gens) That would make for a team of 6 and 4 reserve pokemon.

Not sure how realistic that is though. It's just kinda hard to not feel like I'm missing out if I only use kalos pokemon...they're filling Kalos with old pokemon for a reason.
    Last edited by Sponge; 5th October 2013 at 8:09 PM.

Here's my potential teams:

Pokemon X:
    Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox (Fiera)
    Skiddo/Gogoat (Victor)
    Dedenne (Gaisma)
    Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise (Metho)
    Either Flabebe (Hanako) or Sylveon (Sylvia) (depending on which one I can get early in the game)
    Amaura/Aurorus (Littlefoot)

Pokemon Y:
    Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught (Chesta)
    Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard (Dalet)
    Meowstic (Nepeta or Reese)
    Talonflame (Yaya)
    Klefki (Keyblade or Kagi)
    Malamar (Ikamusume)
    Pokemon Black Name: Teito
    Pokemon Black FC: 3869 6814 1896

E-Mail Address: firechick25@gmail.com (in case these forums keep getting messed up)
    Pokemon White 2 Name: Serena
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 5072 2733 1563

Pokemon Black 2 Name: Lyra
    Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4771 6442 6877

Pokemon X Name: Rochelle
    FC: 3754-7778-5065
    Friend Safari: Ice
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Bergmite, Snover, Cloyster

I have a UT Male Shiny Foongus for trade if anyone wants it! It's in my White 2 game!

My only two definite team members so far are Fennekin and Squirtle. I'll probably build my team as I play through the game, but I do really like Tyrunt.

Will you guys be nicknaming your team members? Lately, I've been nicknaming my Pokemon as I play through, but I'm not sure if I want to this time around.

I had a plan to have my bro complete Y, and thus get what we thought would be pokemon transfer, to transfer Riolu, Beldum, Growlithe, Dratini, Starly and a water type. Seeing as this isn't the case, I have only gone as far as planning to get Bulbasaur, Froakie and the Wi-Fi event Torchic.

The pokemon I had wanted I'll get on W2 when I get it.
    You rock, and you rule!

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. Truth is, you can do anything.

Aim for the top, and be...a Pokémon master!!!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Pokémon X team:
    - Froakie
    - Torchic
    - Bulbasaur
    -?????
    -?????
    -?????

I'm liking other peoples' teams! I was a bit torn about mine. At first I thought I'd like to train a single type, but I quickly flushed that idea. Then I thought I would like to play with no starters, but I know I would never be able to do that. Finally I realized that I would be happiest if I just picked Pokes I liked and neglected any other criteria. I typically only really use the Pokemon that I decide to be on my main team, and dabble with the rest, so picking my team out tends to be the most agonizing portion of playing any new game. I am really happy with what I've got though, and I've even worked on move lists and nicknames lol. Here they are:

Greninja - "Guy"
    Crobat - "Max"
    Torkoal - "Franklin"
    Reunicleus - "Wally"
    Machamp - "Samson"
    Snorlax - "Bob"

Nicknames are off to the right, which I suppose is obvious. I love the name Bob for a Snorlax for some reason and have been using since the good ol' days of Red and Blue. I almost always have to have Crobat, because for some reason I love bats and I always thought having one as a pet would be awesome. Max is the name of my beagle and is also what I used to name my rival (my friend named his PC Max so I used it for my rival). I like the name a lot so I thought I'd give it to Crobat since I know he will be one of my favs. Torkoal is my favorite Pokemon from Gen III, and he is one I also always try to get. I named him Franklin for two reasons: 1) Franklin the turtle of public broadcasting fame and 2) Franklin is the name of my home town. I thought I saw where you can catch Torkoal in the wild in X and Y, so I am glad I will not have to breed for him... I prefer to catch most of my pokes from the wild. Machamp was actually the first Pokemon I ever saw. Back in the TCG days, I bought the starter deck with Machamp in it, and I have pretty much thought he was awesome since then. I am a huge fan of all Gen I designs, I think they are untouchable, and Machamp's design is certainly righteous. I named my Machamp Samson also for two reasons. 1) Brock Samson of Venture Bros. fame, who owns nearly every person he runs across, and 2) Samson from the Bible, who is unimaginably powerful. I also just like the name Samson! Reunicleus was the best Pokemon from Gen V in my opinion. His design, concept, and moves are just amazing and in all honesty, he is the ONLY pokemon from Gen V that I like all around. I named my Reunicleus Wally after the Disney movie (Wall-E) which I really enjoyed. I also think the name Wally implies a kind of friendly demeanor, and that's exactly how I imagine Reunicleus would be like. Last, but certainly not least, is my buddy Greninja. I don't think it is possible to be unattached to your starter, and I was so excited when I saw Froakie! I love frogs and toads, so I knew the moment I saw Froakie that he would be my starter. I am super happy with how his evolution turned out and I think his design is amazing. I typically try to nickname my starters using first letters that match their name, I am a huge fan of Guy Pearce, and I also just think the nickname "Guy" is awesome, so that's why I named my Greninja as I did.

That was super long I know, but I read the opening post and thought I would expound upon why I was picking the guys I did and just throw in some extra detail. Can't wait to get my hands on the Y version and start battling and trading! I have a pretty busy life, but if anyone ever wants to battle or needs someone to trade for evo purposes (I will obviously need help with my Machamp!) just send me a message. I'll post my FC and stuff when the games roll out.

If you could only train 1 type of Pokemon, which would it be? Let me know!! (PM me)
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by RXLThunder View Post
    Froakie > Frogadier > Greninja (Water/poison)
    Greninja is actually going to be Water/Dark, but that probably won't affect your planned team's type match-up combination much.

Quote Originally Posted by BulbaGhost View Post
    I think I'm going to do a monotype fire team in Pokemon X, consisting of:
    Delphox
    Talonflame
    Pyroar (f)
    Blaziken
    Charizard
    Another Fire Type

There are just too many awesome fire types in this game to pick only one. Plus, it should make the game a little more challenging.
    as master of fire types...I agree with this team

Quote Originally Posted by captainfez3 View Post
    I'm liking other peoples' teams! I was a bit torn about mine. At first I thought I'd like to train a single type, but I quickly flushed that idea. Then I thought I would like to play with no starters, but I know I would never be able to do that. Finally I realized that I would be happiest if I just picked Pokes I liked and neglected any other criteria. I typically only really use the Pokemon that I decide to be on my main team, and dabble with the rest, so picking my team out tends to be the most agonizing portion of playing any new game. I am really happy with what I've got though, and I've even worked on move lists and nicknames lol. Here they are:

Greninja - "Guy"
    Crobat - "Max"
    Torkoal - "Franklin"
    Reunicleus - "Wally"
    Machamp - "Samson"
    Snorlax - "Bob"

Nicknames are off to the right, which I suppose is obvious. I love the name Bob for a Snorlax for some reason and have been using since the good ol' days of Red and Blue. I almost always have to have Crobat, because for some reason I love bats and I always thought having one as a pet would be awesome. Max is the name of my beagle and is also what I used to name my rival (my friend named his PC Max so I used it for my rival). I like the name a lot so I thought I'd give it to Crobat since I know he will be one of my favs. Torkoal is my favorite Pokemon from Gen III, and he is one I also always try to get. I named him Franklin for two reasons: 1) Franklin the turtle of public broadcasting fame and 2) Franklin is the name of my home town. I thought I saw where you can catch Torkoal in the wild in X and Y, so I am glad I will not have to breed for him... I prefer to catch most of my pokes from the wild. Machamp was actually the first Pokemon I ever saw. Back in the TCG days, I bought the starter deck with Machamp in it, and I have pretty much thought he was awesome since then. I am a huge fan of all Gen I designs, I think they are untouchable, and Machamp's design is certainly righteous. I named my Machamp Samson also for two reasons. 1) Brock Samson of Venture Bros. fame, who owns nearly every person he runs across, and 2) Samson from the Bible, who is unimaginably powerful. I also just like the name Samson! Reunicleus was the best Pokemon from Gen V in my opinion. His design, concept, and moves are just amazing and in all honesty, he is the ONLY pokemon from Gen V that I like all around. I named my Reunicleus Wally after the Disney movie (Wall-E) which I really enjoyed. I also think the name Wally implies a kind of friendly demeanor, and that's exactly how I imagine Reunicleus would be like. Last, but certainly not least, is my buddy Greninja. I don't think it is possible to be unattached to your starter, and I was so excited when I saw Froakie! I love frogs and toads, so I knew the moment I saw Froakie that he would be my starter. I am super happy with how his evolution turned out and I think his design is amazing. I typically try to nickname my starters using first letters that match their name, I am a huge fan of Guy Pearce, and I also just think the nickname "Guy" is awesome, so that's why I named my Greninja as I did.

That was super long I know, but I read the opening post and thought I would expound upon why I was picking the guys I did and just throw in some extra detail. Can't wait to get my hands on the Y version and start battling and trading! I have a pretty busy life, but if anyone ever wants to battle or needs someone to trade for evo purposes (I will obviously need help with my Machamp!) just send me a message. I'll post my FC and stuff when the games roll out.
    You bought the Machamp deck as your first deck?! Wow, me too!!
    You rock, and you rule!

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. Truth is, you can do anything.

Aim for the top, and be...a Pokémon master!!!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Pokémon X team:
    - Froakie
    - Torchic
    - Bulbasaur
    -?????
    -?????
    -?????

Totally fixed on picking Chespin and Charmander.

Grass/ Fighting and Fire/ Flying will make an excellent type combination pair.

Wonder what I can take for Water. Clawitzer looks appealing. Hoping for some more new Water-types this Gen.

Until the leaks are actually confirmed i'm not including any of them:

Chespin final evo
    Tyrantrum
    Xerneas
    Mega ampharos
    Talonflame
    Malamar

I'll have some HM slave before i get xerneas.

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Russell-Bowman View Post
    Greninja is actually going to be Water/Dark, but that probably won't affect your planned team's type match-up combination much.

Oops, didn't notice that. Fixed it.
    Tumblr|Twitter
    3DS friendcode: 1805-2694-6050 (Use Rain for name)
    I has Tyrogue, Sawk, and Mienfoo

After some disheartening news about how there's only 70 new pokemon, I figure I might as well give up on trying to make a team with only 6th gen pokes. With all my sorrow aside, let's get to it.

Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught [Grass/Fighting] (I love Chespin, and will forever)
    Amaura/Aurorus [Rock/Ice] (I like Blue more than Red. No idea why, I'll pick up Tyrunt in Y)
    Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard [Fire/Flying] (Why not have yet another Charizard? This'll be number 6 ironically)
    Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra [Dragon] (GOOMY <3)
    Nidoran/Nidorino/Nidoking [Poison/Ground] (It's about time I used this versatile guy)
    Sentret/Furret [Normal] (I've been wanting to use one for a while, but the circumstances never worked. UNTIL NOW)

Hilariously enough, this is the first time playing through a game that I've never used an Electric type.

Thank you based Turpoo

Not quite sure who I will be using for X.. Since I am EXTREMELY disappointed
    with the starter's final evolution, I'm not sure if I will be using one. Here is
    what I am thinking so far..

Charizard/Blastoise - Since I am getting X I consider Charizard
    because of his AWESOME design, but I may pick Blastoise due to the
    awesome variety of new fire types.
    Furfrou - Even though we know like nothing about this Pokemon
    except for it's designs, I love it and normal types usually have a good
    moveset. I'm thinking about keeping it with the Blue trim.
    Vivillon - I know these Pokemon are usually weak, but I just
    love them to death! <3
    Greninja - If I do use one of the Kalos starters, it will be
    Greninja since I don't mind this final evolution.
    Phantump - Oorotto? - Looking at their designs, it
    seems as if Phantump would evolve into Oorotto. I LOVE
    these two. <3

That's all I got right now. Hoping to find a nice ice type too!
    Pokemon X Champions

POKEMON X&Y FRIEND CODE: 3625-8985-6135
    Add me and we can trade or battle sometime! ^,^

is anyone considering a mono dragon run? show those dam fairies that dragons arnt afraid of anything!

Pokemon X Team
    Greninja- Water/Dark
    Talonflame- Fire/Flying
    Heliolisk-Electric/Normal
    Tyrantrum- Rock/ Dragon
    Malamar- Dark/Psychic
    Aegislash-Steel/Ghost

I am definitely using all Gen 6 Pokemon in my first play through. What do you all think about my team?

Pokemon Y Team:
    Greninja - Water/Dark
    Pangoro - Dark/Fighting
    Aegislash - Steel/Ghost
    Pyroar - Fire/Normal
    Floges - Fairy
    Hawlucha - Fighting/Flying
    ------------
    Tyrantrum - Rock/Dragon (rotation)
    Noivern - Flying/Dragon (rotation)

There are so many to choose from, I'm not sure where to look at first.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast