Page 15 of 85 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

For Y, I'll be having Delphox, Blastoise, either Tyrantrum or Goodra (I really like both, but Sligoo evolves WAY too late, and I don't like more than one of each type on my teams), Aerodactyl, Aegislash, and some other meca evolver (If MegaScizor is real, then this place will be taken up instantly). And if I ever get X, I will be getting a Greninja and Charizard for sure.

I like to play with new pokes only, and name them all with a theme (in this case, a very very obvious one).

Saffron, Delphox (female). First time with a fire starter, and not totally in love with its design, but it's growing on me.
    Jayne, Tyrantrum (male). As soon as they daid T-Rex pokemon they had all my money forever.
    Inara, Sylveon (female). I want a Fairy to test them out and it's either Sylveon or Florges. I am a sucker for eevolutions tho.
    Wash, Hawlucha (male). I really like its typing and its design, it looks like a fun Pokemon.
    Zoe, Aegislash (does this thing have gender). Loved Honedge, was cool with Doublade, really liked Aegislash.

The sixth sloth is open still. Vivillion will ocuppy for a while (named Kaylee), Clawitzer (named Simon) and Goodra (Shepherd B.) will also try their luck. If none of this new pokes convice me, a MegaEvolving poke will take the spot.
    "You asked the gods, and they are answering. Open your ears, listen, you'll hear."
    "It's only the wind. The leaves are rustling."
    "Who do you think sends the wind, if not the gods?"

---The Monkeys Are Listening--

Greninja (Water/Dark)
    - It's the only starter that I like atm so it seems like the obvious choice.
    Talonflame (Fire/Flying
    - Staraptor is the only regional bird I've ever used before. I like Talonflame's design and it's typing means I can expand my team a bit more since I am unfortunately a victim to the Water-Fire-Grass core.
    Venosaur (Grass/Poison)
    - Sure
    Malamar (Dark/Psychic
    - cool cool cool it's just cool I need it
    Mantectric (Electric)
    - Haven't used one and I've always wanted to.
    Dragalge (Poison/Dragon)
    - This one depends if my friend who's getting Y will trade a Skrelp to me. If not, then I guess I'll use something else. It looks so good though like I don't know if I'll be able to play this game if I don't have one and will literally burst into tears every time somebody else uses one. I guess I'd use a Mega Mawile or whatever if I can't get one.
    Last edited by ryanthehuman; 6th October 2013 at 5:59 PM.

EDIT

Quote Originally Posted by TRG View Post
    Team is finalized:

Chespin ---> Qulladin ---> Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting) Obligatory starter Pokemon and my personal favorite of the bunch.
    Fletchling ---> Fletchinder ---> Talonflame (Fire/Flying) My flyer of the group. The fact that it's also part Fire is awesome and it's just a cool Pokemon in general.
    Flabebe ---> Floette ---> Florges (Fairy) Designated Dragon counter. With the introduction of the new Fairy type it's pretty much mandatory to have at least one on your team.
    Honedge ---> Doublade ---> Aegislash (Steel/Ghost) Loved Honedge since day one. Every evolution it got afterwards was just a bonus that added to its coolness. Provides my team with many much needed resistances.
    Tyrunt ---> Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon) The designated bad *** of the group. No need to explain myself here... It's a freaking dragon T-Rex for crying out loud.
    Squirtle ---> Wartortle ---> Blastoise (Water) My surfer that completes my FWG core. I wanted an all Kalos team but unfortunately after Skrelp's evolution ended up Poison/Dragon its typing overlapped with Tyrantrum. Only other option I had was Barbaracle who's Rock typing also overlapped with Tyrantrum (and it's ugly). So without any Kalos Waters available to have on my team Squirtle seemed like the most logical choice. All of the Kanto starters are awesome and this gives me a chance to try out Megas for the first time. If I end up not liking Megas I'll just keep Blastoise in his regular form.

Looks like a solid/fun team overall. Can't wait.
    Just made a nifty new sig to show my team off since I was bored.
    Last edited by TRG; 6th October 2013 at 6:18 PM.
    Team Y: Kalos Champs
    3DS Friend Code: 3437-3797-6559 (PM me your FC if you add me)
    Friend Safari: Ghost - Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, and Dusclops

After much deliberating and some mild guilt at spoiling myself, I've come up with my team.

Delphox (Fire/Psychic)
    I was really unsure about whether to use my starter or not, but I ended up really liking Delphox's design. I also don't usually end up with fire types, so she will prove to be helpful.

Vivlillon (Bug/Flying)
    I decided to go with it because I want a Pokemon that I can use alongside Delphox that can be found fairly early. I also wanted to use a new Pokemon, and I've always like Vivillon's design anyways.

Gyarados (Water/Flying)
    This is going to be my obligatory mega. Truthfully, I wasn't going to go with it. But it's always nice to have a water type, and Magikarp is still found in the central dex which implies it will be found early. There is going to be a gap between where I find my next Pokemon, if I'm going based off of numbers.

Salamence (Dragon/Flying)
    I know, three flying types, I'm bad. Fact is though, I've always wanted to use this thing, but have never had the chance.

Dedenne (Fairy/Electric)
    Ever since it was revealed, I've wanted this thing on my team. I'm proud for the little cutie to be my first fairy type.

Gourgeist/Trevenant (Ghost/Grass)
    I haven't decided on which, and it will honestly go to whomever I find first. Love both of them equally though, and I'm leaning more towards Gourgeist as time goes on.

Unfortunately, Meowstick got left out. I'll just save her for Z version where she will have a starring role.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I'm going to do a runthrough with each starter combo. (Chesnaught/Charizard, Greninja/Venusaur, Delphox/Blastoise) I plan on playing X first so I already have that team figure out. I'm trying not to spoil the Kalos dex (Aside from the new Pokemon introduced) so when I know the dex I'll figure out my other teams.

Pokemon X
    Chesnaught-Chespin was my favorite starter from the beginning, so I'm sticking with him. Not to mention that Chesnaught's design looks awesome!
    Charizard-Originally, I was going to use Talonflame, but after looking at the starter combos, I would have been stuck with two fire types (Delphox/Charizard). Plus, Mega Charizard X looks awesome as well, so I'm definitely going to use that.
    Barbarcle-I wasn't really impressed with Binacle's design at first, but Barbarcle's design redeemed it. Plus, it's also good to have a water type for surf.
    Aegislash-I was planning on using Honedge anyways. Sword Pokemon=Win
    Tyrantrum-Out of the two fossils introduced, I preferred Tyrunt over Amaura. Tyrantrum's design didn't disappoint either. I can't wait to try it out!
    A Fairy type-Whether it be a new Fairy or an old Pokemon reclassified as a Fairy, I'm going to use one.

My Ideal team for X:

Main Playthrough:
    Delphox
    I have been with Team Fennekin from the beginning, so I'm sticking with Delphox for X
    Aegislash
    Honedge is by far one of my favorite of the Gen VI pokemon, and Aegislash looks to be just as good.
    Aurourus
    Rock/Ice is an interesting type combo, and its Refrigerate ability, as well as Freeze-Dry, allow it a spot on my team
    Hawlucha
    I was going to pick Talonflame at first, but since I dislike having two pokemon of the same type on my team, Hawlucha is the better choice for me.
    Heliolisk
    I've really liked Helioptile since I first saw him, and Heliolisk looks cool too. Also, Electric/Normal is a cool type combination (stab Hyper Beam and Giga Impact, anyone?)
    Trevenant/Florges/Dragalge
    This last slot is the hardest to fill, as there are so many other Gen VI pokemon that I like.
    -Trevenant looks really cool, and Ghost/Grass is an intereesting type combination that would work really well on my team.
    -I wasn't really a fan of Flabébé at first, but after I saw Floette, I knew that I had to use this line. While Florges doesn't appeal to me as much as other pokemon, I do need a Fairy for my team...
    -Even though I'm getting X, I really want a Dragalge for my team. This thing is just so cool, with its awesome design and Poison/Dragon typing, that it'd be a shame not to use it.
    -I also might end up using Xerneas, Zygrade, Pangoro, or Clawitzer depending on how early certain pokemon are available.

After PokeTransfer goes online:

Delphox
    I never like abandoning my starter in any game, so Delphox will stay with me.
    Darkrai (Mega Darkrai??? One can only hope...)
    Even if it doesn't obtain a Mega Evolution or a Drak/Fairy typing, I'll still use my Darkrai for post-game. Darkrai is one of my favorite pokemon, and I also have a Darkrai that I have transfered to every game since Pearl---it was a giveaway that know Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Dark Void, and Dream Eater, and it was EV trained for Sp. Attack and Speed.
    Xerneas
    I nearly always use the cover legendary in post-game, so Xerneas will most likely be on my team.
    Zygrade
    Zygrade is one of my favorite Gen VI pokemon so far, and its Dragon/Ground typing will (hopefully) make it a good pokemon overall.
    Mega Gardevoir
    I have a really good Gardevoir from Gen V that I use in competitive, so having its mega form in Gen VI is a must.
    Dragalge
    By December, I should have found someone who will trade me a Skrelp, so Dragalge will definitely be on my team by then.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Do people on this thread plan on using just new/Kalos Pokemon or do you guys plan on using Pokemon from the Kalos Dex so older gens as well for story mode and ELITE 4??
    I plan on using all Kalos Pokemon except one, Charizard.
    Would love to know everyone elses opinions
    Last edited by Blaziken77; 6th October 2013 at 6:59 PM.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-8252-4249
    Add me and then PM me so I can add you. Looking for anybody who is getting "Y"

So my team...

Greninja Water/Dark (My starter, how could I leave this guy?!)
    Mega Venasaur Grass/Poison (This guy is going to be an effing wall!)
    Talonflame Fire/Flying (Starting bird, and awesome typing!)
    Tyrantrum Rock/Dragon (Fun typing and I feel like using a fossil)
    Pangoro Fighting/Dark (dat panda!)
    Aegislash Steel/Ghost (uh...sword, duh! who can't want it?!)

I hate havong such a cliche team but I like these guys. I plan on having a Vivillon Polar or "White Wing" Form on rotation as well as Dragalge...and maybe Trevenant...I may actually have a rotation team this gen!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken77 View Post
    Do people on this thread plan on using just new/Kalos Pokemon or do you guys plan on using Pokemon from the Kalos Dex so older gens as well for story mode and ELITE 4??
    I plan on just using new Gen VI pokémon until post-game, then I'll use any pokémon.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249 View Post
    I plan on just using new Gen VI pokémon until post-game, then I'll use any pokémon.
    That's exactly what I plan on doing, except for Charizard of course haha.
    I plan on using just Gen 6 Pokemon until post-game and then i'll work towards making a competitive team for online battling and what not

My planned rotation team. It's the only way I can do business with so many options!

Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
    Wartortle (Water)
    Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
    Pangoro (Fighting/Dark)
    Slurpuff (Fairy)
    Aegislash (Steel/Ghost)
    Aurorus (Rock/Ice)
    MegaAmpharos (Electric/Dragon)
    X Team:

Y Team:

This is so hard UGHHH. I want to use Froakie, but I want Serena to have Fennekin! Then part of me wants to use a Gallade to replace my Starter and use Heliolisk or Sylveon as my Kalos Pokemon. This is the hardest Pokemon Team making I've had to do. Maybe I'll ditch the Kalos Starter and use the Kanto One. I've liked Charizard very much lately, especially it's Mega X Form. I really don't think I'll be using the Kalos Starters. I don't like the designs very much, and the Kanto Starters seem more interesting. Now I just have to decide: Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle?

Here's what I'm contemplating so far;

Chesnaught, Talonflame, Clawitzer, Dedenne, Meowstic, and Diggersby.
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

Yeah, I plan to use all Kalos pokemon. I thought of using Venusaur, but I already used him a few times and I want to give the new pokemon a chance. Besides, I have too many pokemon planned for rotation, although I won't object to using him... Not too sure to be honest. Still thinking about it. So I rethought about the pokemon and I decided.

Pokemon Y:

Greninja - Water/Dark (at first, didn't like Froakie, but I got used to him and his evo is awesome)
    Pangoro - Fighting/Dark (I love pandas! I finally get the panda pokemon I always wanted)
    Hawlucha - Flying/Fighting (my flyer)
    Aegislash - Ghost/Steel (I knew he would be awesome the moment I saw Honedge. I was right. His stats are OP, high defense AND speed.)
    Pyroar - Fire/Normal (I want Simba on my team!)

Dragele - Poison/Dragon (cool hybrid type, will rotate)
    Tyrundrum - Rock/Dragon (I love T-rex, willing to rotate as well)
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

I don't know just yet. I like to use new Pokemon, because Kalos doesn't have as wide of a selection so I think it is going to be a mix for the main play though. My initial take is that it is probably going to be Chesnaught, Barbaracle, Malamar, Goodra, and Aegislash.

Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

I am extremely stuck on this ): I know for sure that I want Aurorus (Ice, Rock), Noivern (Flying, Dragon), Sylveon (fairy) but other then that I'm not sure. Not only that but it all depends on what pokemon you can get when. If I can't get a Noivern or Aurorus until near the end of the game then I find it hard to say that I will be able to have those on my main team. I do want Charmander from the three kanto starters, making an attack based one would be a new experience for me anyway. I was liking Fennekin but from the leaked evolved forms I'm kind of not sure but I have a feeling I will get one anyway which means having Charzard also on my team is less likely, I will probably use it after the game. I have an issue about repeating types unless it provides an additional type that my team was lacking.

Mom's Words of Wisdom: "Just try touching the buttons, you'll know what to do in no time." - HG/SS

Button Credit: Astral Shadow

I have made three gen VI-exclusive teams, one for each starter. The first contains my favorites and is the one I'll be using in the first run.

Chesnaught, Heliolisk, Dragalge, Aegislash, Meowstic
    Greninja, Aurorus, Trevenant, Noivern, Klefki
    Delphox, Vivillion, Florges, Barbaracle, Goodra

~ Pokémon Y Team ~

3DS FC: 1736-0917-9729
    Snorunt / Sneasel / Dewgong

For pokemon x:
    Greninja
    Hawlucha
    Mega charizard x
    Aegislash
    Don't know about the two other ones though, one of them has to be a fairy though. The strongest fairy probably lol.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Aegislash seems to be that one Pokemon that nearly everyone will be using on their team.

Looks like the Honedge line is gonna end up being the definitive Gen 6 Pokemon that everyone loves.
    Team Y: Kalos Champs
    3DS Friend Code: 3437-3797-6559 (PM me your FC if you add me)
    Friend Safari: Ghost - Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, and Dusclops

Switching to a rotation team for Pokemon X.

Greninja- Water/Dark
    Mega Charizard X- Fire/Flying->Fire/Dragon
    Noivern- Flying/Dragon
    Heliolisk- Electric/Normal
    Sylveon- Fairy
    Talonflame- Fire/Flying(Post game reserve)

Tyrantrum- Rock/Dragon(Reserve)
    Meowstic- Psychic(Reserve)
    Zygarde(post game)- Dragon/Ground
    Xerneas(post game maybe)- Fairy
    Last edited by Shraeder; 6th October 2013 at 10:48 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Making some slight team adjustments and adding another possible team member:
    (Cocoa) Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught
    (Fiarrow) Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame -> (Echoes) Noibat/Noivern (once I can catch them- they're in Victory Road right?)
    (Cantus) Espurr/Meowstic
    (Miasma) Skrelp/Dragalge
    (Aromae) Spritzee/Aromatisse (if I can work with the whole trade evolution thing, anyway)

I don't know who I'm using as my sixth, but I do know that I want to stick strictly to Gen VI Pokemon. My "main team" for a region is always like that.

With such a limited amount of Pokemon to choose from it's pretty difficult to build a team of my favourites without doubling up on types, though...

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

Since so many people are trying a premade team.. why not trying it myself?
    I choose them because i like the design or i just like the pokemon itself, not looking at the stats though if they turn out to be low i might not use them.

Talonflame Fire/Flying -> i like the design but now its hoping for good speed/moveset
    Heliolisk Electric/Normal -> one of my favorite pokemon in the 6th gen, ever since the pre-evo got his shiny spot in the anime
    Gardevoir Psychic/Fairy -> my nr 1 favorite pokemon ever, now i hope that it gets some nice fairy moves and got to look how sylveon turns out to be
    Venesaur Grass/Posion -> my nr 1 starter together with chikorita-line. i couldnt ignore this one since we get one pretty early
    Goodra Dragon -> the cutes dragon ever, i usually dont take dragons in my team, but this one i just want to cuddle to death. and it seems to have a nice bst cute + strong, goodbye 16 types (except steel and fairy)
    Clawitzer Water -> im a fan of pure water types, this one is no exception it seems to have good spa + decent defences im sure it wont let me down

now i wonder is this a good team to use looking at the type coverage? im never really good in picking pokemon..

Rememper people

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your rival gives you their starter Pokemons egg. So if you choose Froakie, you will get a Fennekin afterwards

Spoiler:- :
    This has nothing to do with temporary in-game teams. This should be said in gameplay discussion.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Page 15 of 85 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast