Thread: Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

At the moment:

Greninja
    Charizard(Charizard Y)
    Aegislash
    Tyrantrum
    Dragalge
    Sylveon

I would like to include Trevenant or Gourgeist but i think you find them later in the game and i want to see their stats and Gourgeist big size before i choose which one of them.

So far for my Y team I got (will be my main game):

Delphox
    Charizard (Mega Y)
    Tyrantrum
    Dragalge
    Trevenant (maybe or an old grass type)
    Pidgeot (or some other flying type that's not Talonflame)

For my X team, so far I got:

Greninja
    Venusaur or Florges
    Goodra
    Pyroar (F)
    Noivern (will see about getting one bred to get it earlier)
    Aurorus

Both teams are subject to change. Though 4 are set in stone on my Y team.
    FUTURE ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Will be soft reseting for Shiny Treecko. Shiny Salamence will be from Y as a Bagon.
    Might even try getting a Shiny of the others with DexNav, Hordes, and Chain Fishing.

ADVENTURE STARTING DECEMBER 25TH.

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

At the moment, I'm not sure which game I will be getting. As such, I have made a temporary team for both games:

If X
    Kaede (Greninja)-Water/Dark
    Signum (Charizard)-Fire/Dragon (Mega) /Flying (Regular)
    Misaki (Gardevoir)-Psychic/Fairy
    Laevaeteinn (Aegislash)-Ghost/Steel
    Evangeline (Glaceon)-Ice-If Possible
    ?????
    The 6th Pokemon is still something I have yet to decide. Any advice here?

If Y
    Signum (Charizard)-Fire/Flying
    Presea (Aurorus)-Rock/Ice
    Shinobu (Dragalge)-Poison/Dragon

I'm getting both games, and I will trade between them. That is how I will get this list. I want to have these before the elite four just so you know that I will not have them the entire game, but I will catch them as soon as I can.

Dragalge
    Charizard (Mega X)
    Hydreigon
    Haxorus
    Tyrantrum
    Ampharos (Mega)

My first playthrough with dragons! About time they made this possible.
    Y FC: 0361 7366 7010
    Safari Type is Rock: Corsola, Dwebble, Shuckle
    X FC: 2766 9122 1892
    Safari Type is Water: Octillery, Wartortle, Frogadier

Y team:

Delphox
    Florges
    Gardevoir
    Dragalge
    Aegislash
    Trevenant

X team:

Delphox
    Clawitzer
    Gourgeist
    Barbaracle
    Noivern
    Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by dragonphoenixlord View Post
    I'm getting both games, and I will trade between them. That is how I will get this list. I want to have these before the elite four just so you know that I will not have them the entire game, but I will catch them as soon as I can.

Dragalge
    Charizard (Mega X)
    Hydreigon
    Haxorus
    Tyrantrum
    Ampharos (Mega)

My first playthrough with dragons! About time they made this possible.
    You cab only have one Mega per party

Alvin the Chesnaught- Obvious. Chesnaught looks great, and hopefully has a nice Attack stat.

Cuppycake the Slurpuff- IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE. Seriously though, Slurpuff is like the cutest thing ever, even though it'll probably turn very mediocre like Wigglytuff.

Borealis the Aurorus- New typing, awesome design, and Ice-type Hyper Beam to crush the likes of Mega Garchomp? Yes please!

Ursula the Malamar- I've been wanting a squid since forever, and Malamar suits this wonderfully.

Excalibur the Aegislash- Powerful, awesome design, and useful new moves. Plus a Ghost-type that's really good at physical attacks (nobody likes Dusknoir).

Riptide the Clawitzer- Originally gave this spot to Goomy, but I realized I kinda need a Surfer, and Clawitzer fits the role admirably.
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwolf10 View Post
    You cab only have one Mega per party
    I was under the impression that you could only activate one per battle, but that all of your Pokemon could hold the stones if you wanted them to. I would only activate one of them per battle if I needed to. One of the benefits I see from Mega Charizard X is that if I am facing a fairy, I would not mega evolve it. Maybe I would want to mega evolve Ampharos later in the battle though. This way I have options.
    Y FC: 0361 7366 7010
    Safari Type is Rock: Corsola, Dwebble, Shuckle
    X FC: 2766 9122 1892
    Safari Type is Water: Octillery, Wartortle, Frogadier

They've made it so difficult to choose so I'll be rotating Greninja, Heliolisk, Trevenant, Malamar, Aurourus, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Clawitzer, Dragalgae, Florges, Barbaracle, Noivern, Pyroar, Aegislash and Goodra. This gen is just that good, thank hell for the upgraded EXP share.

It's hard to believe these games will be out in less than a week. It feels like I've been waiting for them forever.

Will anyone be soft resetting for specific natures for their starter/other Pokemon? or will you just go with whatever because realistically, anything will work ingame?

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    It's hard to believe these games will be out in less than a week. It feels like I've been waiting for them forever.

Will anyone be soft resetting for specific natures for their starter/other Pokemon? or will you just go with whatever because realistically, anything will work ingame?
    Hard choice... I haven't really thought about that..
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post

I never do resets for natures. I will take what the games throw at me.

For my Y team I wanted an all 6th gen team, but I might end up using some old gen mons just because I'm struggling to form a team I like.
    So far I have

Greninja - I love water starters, and I love dark types. He's my favourite design of all the starters so its Greninja for me!

Venusaur/Dragalgae - I love venusaur, and want a poison type for tackling fairies in game. I loved skrelp straight away but didn't want a second water type, but when I saw it evolved into a poison/dragon I had to find space for him in my team! Venusaur will remain in play until I can find a Dragalgae to take his place.

Talonflame - I thought talon flame was a fantastic design from word go, I love peregrine falcons and I liked its colour scheme. It'll be filling two slots I usually have on a story team: a fire type and a national bird.

Tyrantrum - What a beast. I always keep a hard hitting ground/rock/steel type in my teams. I've always wanted a Rex fossil, and tyrunt really excited me. When I saw tyrantrum it was a deal done. I know ill end up with two dragons, but hey, they're dragons.

After here I start to get stuck. I want a fairy type and I'm seemingly spoilt for choice, though I don't really like most. I'm thinking sylveon, as I'm wanting a well trained Eeveelution of each type (have espeon, umbreon flareon and leafeon so far) and it looks to be one of the more powerful fairies. My other option will be Florges.

Then I have a similar problem seeking an electric type. With only three this gen it's slim pickings :/ dedenne is great and I really like it, but after the third or fourth gym Itll start lagging in battle. I love helioptile but its single evo doesn't appear to have the kick I like from my electric types (part of the disappointed group who hoped for a third :/ )
    And then there's the possibility of using Jolteon if I can evolve one early game.
    So Sylveon+Heliolisk or Florges+Jolteon. We shall see! Whatcha think? Will I be well covered?
    718 / 718
    TRADING SHINY female RALTS FOR SHINY male RALTS/JOLTIK/TYRANITARITE - PM me

Credit to ASTRAL SHADOW for my team shot
    Add me as a friend on X Y to expand our FREIND SAFARIS?
    2595-0873-6517 IGN: Gromit

[B]OMEGA RUBY TEAM[B]

I think I have decided on Chespin as my Starter

so there is:

Chespin [will have to solo for a while :S Bug gym will be TOUGH, so I may catch a Fletchling to lend a hand a while ]
    Amaura [Still love the cute little dino :3]
    Flabebe or Swirlix [whichever comes first]
    Klefki [LOVE this guy, absolutely love him :3]
    Skrelp [will have to trade for this guy but will use Clauncher temporarily]
    Noibat [ I like how Noibat appears to be a reverse Zubat in that it appears in a later location, victory road right? as opposed to EVERYWHERE, plus I usually always have a Crobat so Noivern is a cool alternative ]

This is ALL tentative and of cause, liable to change and substition, so I can only really say with certainty that I will have Chespin and DEFO Klefki though I do really want to use Xerneas so if it is available pre E4 I will use it

Yeah I know theres lots of Fairies here, but I love them so much!
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Since I'm pretty likely to pick my favorite starters, Chespin and Bulbasaur are nearly 100% definite for my team.
    Since I'm not gonna bother thinking up my end-game, I want to put down what I'd hope to get along the way in general:

Chespin
    Bulbasaur
    Mareep
    Fletchling
    Skrelp/Inkay
    Spritzee
    Amaura/Snorunt/Tyrunt/Larvitar

I'm a bit miffy on what I'll really choose, but usually Mareep is my go to electric (it really irks me when we get a new pikachu-esque pokemon, that lacks any evolutions), I love Larvitar because I've just always loved it's evolutionary line. Skrelp and Inkay are just lovely to me right now. Fletchling reminds me of Starly in what seems like it's evo line (which I hope has a mid stage), and my Staraptor was plain killer for Sinnoh. I might go Squirtle to throw up my typings for my Starters, which would mean I would change the Skrelp/Inkay slot. Chespin's line convinced me I'm getting it. For Spritzee I just love the Perfume/Powder theme!
    A wittier signature coming soon to a theater near you

Right now I am thinking...

Greninja
    Charizard
    Heliolisk

Dunno the rest. Any suggestions? Obviously going to need a flying type.

Guys which team should I use? I can't decide! Whichever team I decide dictates which version I get, so this is important.

Team for X:
    Greninja
    Charizard (Mega X)
    Trevenant
    Malamar
    Aurorus
    Sylveon/Florges

Team for Y:
    Greninja
    Charizard (Mega Y)
    Trevenant
    Dragalge
    Aurorus
    Sylveon/Florges
    Last edited by TheBigLT; 8th October 2013 at 4:49 AM.

I'm having trouble deciding on a team....I want to use all new Pokemon (exceptions are Blaziken, Blastoise and Charizard). Please tell me which team is better, evened out and good for story mode and the E4. Thanks in advance!.

Team 1:
    Chestnaught
    Heliolisk
    Pangoro
    Hawklucha
    Trevenant
    Mega Charizard X

Team 2:
    Chestnaught
    Heliolisk
    Blastoise
    Blaziken
    Trevenant
    Noivern

My problem with the 2nd one is that you can't find Noivern until later in the game so it might be tough and I might have to either keep a spot empty or get a small flying type to use fly from time to time.

Feedback would be awesome and would also love to see everyone elses teams!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken77 View Post
    I'm having trouble deciding on a team....I want to use all new Pokemon (exceptions are Blaziken, Blastoise and Charizard). Please tell me which team is better, evened out and good for story mode and the E4. Thanks in advance!.

Team 1:
    Chestnaught
    Heliolisk
    Pangoro
    Hawklucha
    Trevenant
    Mega Charizard X

Team 2:
    Chestnaught
    Heliolisk
    Blastoise
    Blaziken
    Trevenant
    Noivern

My problem with the 2nd one is that you can't find Noivern until later in the game so it might be tough and I might have to either keep a spot empty or get a small flying type to use fly from time to time.

I would honestly go with the second and keep that 6th slot empty until you can get Noivern. However, both teams seem just fine in my opinion. My sense of aesthetics is telling me to choose Team 2.
    ------------------
    So, I contemplated and eventually came to choose:
    I was going to pick Fennekin because of the fact that it would become the first Fire/Psychic Starter. However, I liked Greninja's design better....A LOT better.
    As for the nickname...anyone ever read Negima?

Signum (Charizard)-Fire/Dragon (Mega X) /Flying (Regular/Mega Y)
    Whenever I choose a first Gen, I ALWAYS pick Squirtle. So, I decided it was time to mix things up a bit.
    As for the nickname...it corresponds to my favorite Fire-user in anime.

It's a Psychic and Fairy Type-A great dual-type. At the same time, it's got a beautiful Mega form. Mega Waifu! WOOT! I mean...yeah...
    Nickname-A Certain ESPer from To Aru Majutsu no Index

Just like Z-nogryoP said, it's got an awesome design, powerful, and a physically lenient Ghost.
    Nickname-Remember that fire-user I mentioned before? Her sword.

Evangeline (Glaceon)-Ice
    It's one of my favorite Ice Types ever. I just love it's design. I think that's really it. Pure Aesthetics.
    Nickname-Again...have you ever read Negima?

Amitie (Dragalge)-Poison/Dragon
    Another perfect dual-typing and a great countermeasure for Fairy types with an awesome design.
    Nickname-A character from Nanoha Gears of Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
    I would honestly go with the second and keep that 6th slot empty until you can get Noivern. However, both teams seem just fine in my opinion. My sense of aesthetics is telling me to choose Team 2.
    ------------------
    So, I contemplated and eventually came to choose:
    I was going to pick Fennekin because of the fact that it would become the first Fire/Psychic Starter. However, I liked Greninja's design better....A LOT better.
    As for the nickname...anyone ever read Negima?

Signum (Charizard)-Fire/Dragon (Mega X) /Flying (Regular/Mega Y)
    Whenever I choose a first Gen, I ALWAYS pick Squirtle. So, I decided it was time to mix things up a bit.
    As for the nickname...it corresponds to my favorite Fire-user in anime.

It's a Psychic and Fairy Type-A great dual-type. At the same time, it's got a beautiful Mega form. Mega Waifu! WOOT! I mean...yeah...
    Nickname-A Certain ESPer from To Aru Majutsu no Index

Just like Z-nogryoP said, it's got an awesome design, powerful, and a physically lenient Ghost.
    Nickname-Remember that fire-user I mentioned before? Her sword.

Evangeline (Glaceon)-Ice
    It's one of my favorite Ice Types ever. I just love it's design. I think that's really it. Pure Aesthetics.
    Nickname-Again...have you ever read Negima?

Amitie (Dragalge)-Poison/Dragon
    Another perfect dual-typing and a great countermeasure for Fairy types with an awesome design.
    Nickname-A character from Nanoha Gears of Destiny.

I Like your team really has everything in it. I want Dragalge badly but I'm getting X.....
    I'm planning on using either Team 2 or just my favourites from Kalos. I realized that what made Pokemon games awesome for me as a child is just using the Pokemon that look cool to me and not care about typings or all that stuff.

So its either Team 2 or
    Team 3 which is:
    Greninja
    Charizard
    Blaziken
    Heliolisk
    Trevenant
    Noivern/Hawlucha

Y team :
    Delphox
    Blastoise
    Tyrantrum
    Sylveon
    Pyroar
    Lanturn

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken77 View Post

Team 1:
    Chestnaught
    Heliolisk
    Pangoro
    Hawklucha
    Trevenant
    Mega Charizard X

Team 2:
    Chestnaught
    Heliolisk
    Blastoise
    Blaziken
    Trevenant
    Noivern

Why not use Hawklucha on Team 2 until you get Noivern? Also you may want to consider dropping one of your three part-fighting types on Team 1, as flying type will surely cause you trouble. Good pokemon, though! I also want to use Trevenant and Charizard X.

Quote Originally Posted by Aus Der McClane View Post
    Y team :
    Delphox
    Blastoise
    Tyrantrum
    Sylveon
    Pyroar
    Lanturn
    I appreciate your usage of Lanturn!

For my X Team, I think I'm in a bit of a pickle, but who isn't?

-Chesnaught (Physical Grass/Fighting)
    -Blastoise (Mixed Bulky Water)
    -Talonflame (Physical Fire/Flying)
    -Wigglytuff/Nidoqueen (Mixed Normal/Fairy)/(Mixed Bulky Ground/Poison)
    -Malamar (Special Psychic/Dark)
    -Manectric/Dedenne (Special Electric) or (Special Electric/Fairy)

As for Chesnaught, the Grass/Fighting combination is awesome, allowing it to be especially useful against steel types. Blastoise happened to be my natural choice to pair with Chesnaught, and I wanted to have a Mega on my team. It'll certainly have an ice attack to cover dragon and flying types that Chesnaught can't beat. Talonflame looks sweet, and it apparently has quite the high attack stat. Wigglytuff is just a fun choice for me! Since it gained Fairy typing, I wanted to give it a go as a mixed attacker gaining some coverage moves. Nidoqueen would honestly be a better choice, giving me Earthquake insurance, but I guess we'll see. Malamar is just cool. Along with it's unique typing, it looks like it will have great base stats, providing a great mixed offense and maybe some Hypnosis help! Manectric is my last Pokemon, I thought I would do well to bring along a speedy electric! I wasn't so interested in Heliolisk and I wanted to do something other than Raichu or Jolteon. If I choose Nidoqueen, I'll go with Dedenne though! =)
    FC: 5155-8804-5417
    I live my life for the Lord! As such, I'm part of the SPPF-Christian Alliance =)
    If you have any questions about faith, don't hesitate to send me a message!

^^Talonflame has base 80 Attack and Sp Attack. Also, Mega Blastoise has base 130 Sp Attack, so it might be better as a Bulky Special Sweeper rather than mixed(only base 102-103 Attack).

Edit: Also, Malamar is Physically oriented.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 8th October 2013 at 7:05 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

My team ~

- Greninja

- Talonflame

- Aurorus

- Sylveon

- Aegislash

- Mega Ampharos

My wife's team:

- Delphox

- Mega Venusaur

- Hawlucha

- Dragalge

- Dedenne

- Vivillion

Whose team do you prefer?
    Last edited by Violent Red; 8th October 2013 at 7:05 AM.
    Pokemon X
    Name: Ry
    FC: 3926 5477 2209
    Badges: 8
    True Champion of Kalos

Dogs of War

HA Pokemon I have:
    Froakie, Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Goomy, Fletchling, Venipede, Sableye, Natu, Shroomish, Mienshao, Litleo, Emolga, Blitzle, Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Dratini

Page 18 of 85 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast