Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2109

Thread: Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannotaur View Post
    Oh yeah. I always forget about Hidden power. Thanks.

For your question, I'd make sure you have ground or psychic attacks in there somewhere. Just to cover poison. Steel is immune yes, but just in case. Otherwise looks good.
    I had thought about the poison (because having anything badly poisoned is soo annoying) and noticed a lot of dragons know some ground type move, like earthquake for example. I was thinking about using garchomp since it has ground STAB and resists poison.

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Hey guys, trying to beat my friend..which usually ends up with me losing 4-0

Heres my team:
    1. Garchomp (speed/att evs)
    Crunch
    Swords dance
    Dragon Rush
    Dragon Claw

2.Blaziken (speed/att evs)
    Flare Blit
    Brae Bird
    Sky uppercut
    Blaze Kick

3. Venasaur (thinking of switching out..not sure to what..) (random evs..leaning to attack/speed)
    Synthesis
    Sleep Powder
    Petal Dance
    Petal Blizzard

4. Haxorus (Might be switching out too..but not sure to what)
    Dragon Claw
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon pulse
    Outrage

5. Greninja (going to switch out to Kingdra)
    Hydro Pump
    Strength
    Surf
    Water Shuriken

6. Gengar (Speed/ Sp att evs)
    Thunderbolt
    Hypnosis
    Destiny Bond
    Shadow Ball

any help?
    we're both casual battlers..as you can prob notice from some of my movesets loll :P
    He has aegislash, ninjask (to swords dance/baton pass), tyranitar, swellow, clawitzer (i think thats whats its called..the new water type pokemon that looks like a shellish thing? xD), and thats all the i got to see.

I know I want to get venasuar out, and haxorous since i didnt get to ev train it.
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pokeman View Post
    Looking for 6th gen pokemon who can fly. Suggestions?
    Well, from what I see, your choices seem to be limited to Talonflame, Hawlucha, Noivern and Yveltal. O.O

Since I'm so dead set on using only new Pokemon on my first play through, and being very limited on Kalos Pokemon I actually had a hard time deciding my team this time around. I was 100% going to use Fennekin as my starter and that was all I knew.

I ended up going with:
    Delphox
    Florges
    Aegislash
    Helliolisk
    Hawlucha
    Clawitzer

As my team, and I love all of them very much. Can't decide on Y playthrough though... I'm thinking Greninja and Talonflame for sure... but otherwise not sure :s
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by arvint View Post

Heres my team:
    Crunch
    Swords dance
    Dragon Rush
    Dragon Claw

Flare Blit
    Brae Bird
    Sky uppercut
    Blaze Kick

3. Venasaur (thinking of switching out..not sure to what..) (random evs..leaning to attack/speed)
    Synthesis
    Sleep Powder
    Petal Dance
    Petal Blizzard

Dragon Claw
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Pulse Poison Jab is a much better move here I'd think. Haxorus is a attacker, not a special attacker, so if you want to deal the most damage go for physical moves. You'll also want poison jab to take out fairys. As far as I know Poison Jab is its only move that can. You also don't really need THREE dragon type moves on the same pokemon, its good to have coverage.
    Outrage

Hydro Pump
    Strength
    Surf
    Water Shuriken

Thunderbolt
    Hypnosis This thing misses a lot. It's not really reliable at all, so I'd suggest switching that move out but I'm not sure what for, it's up to you.
    Destiny Bond
    Shadow Ball

any help?
    we're both casual battlers..as you can prob notice from some of my movesets loll :P
    He has aegislash, ninjask (to swords dance/baton pass), tyranitar, swellow, clawitzer (i think thats whats its called..the new water type pokemon that looks like a shellish thing? xD), and thats all the i got to see.

I know I want to get venasuar out, and haxorous since i didnt get to ev train it.
    thanks!
    Made my comments in bold. I'm no expert so my suggestions may not be better than what you currently have, but its worth it to consider them.

Not a lot of comments from me, I couldn't think of any pokemon that you could substitute someone like Venusaur for.

However, if you're thinking of getting rid of a pokemon because you didn't get to EV train it, there are always reset bags you can find in Super Training by tapping the plain punching bag a lot.

Lastly, I'd choose who your main mega evolver would be, if you have one at all, and then give the rest of your pokemon items that will help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    Made my comments in bold. I'm no expert so my suggestions may not be better than what you currently have, but its worth it to consider them.

Not a lot of comments from me, I couldn't think of any pokemon that you could substitute someone like Venusaur for.

However, if you're thinking of getting rid of a pokemon because you didn't get to EV train it, there are always reset bags you can find in Super Training by tapping the plain punching bag a lot.

Lastly, I'd choose who your main mega evolver would be, if you have one at all, and then give the rest of your pokemon items that will help them.
    Thanks a bunch for the tip!
    I just caught a abra, and am planning to switch out vena for Alakazam.
    As well, going to have try to get a Rotom W, if possible to cover for kingdra, so I have 2 options there.

Chesnaught
    -Seed Bomb
    -Spiky Shield
    -Power Up Punch
    -Low Sweep

Talonflame
    -Fly
    -Flare Blitz
    -Brave Bird
    -Flame Charge

Heliolisk
    -Thunderbolt
    -Quick Attack
    -Parabolic Charge
    -Grass Knot

Gengar
    -Psychic
    -Thunderbolt
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Shadow Ball

Clawitzer
    -Surf
    -Aura Sphere
    -Dark Pulse
    -Dragon Pulse

Mamoswine
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Fang
    -Strength
    -???

Why do I run my Talonflame's move-set? I don't know. It may seem redundant having both Fly/Brave and Charge/Blitz but sometimes I just don't feel like losing HP. He's a beast as is. Don't really know of anything else.
    Last edited by Streetlight; 22nd October 2013 at 3:26 PM.

I <3 Quagsire

Quote Originally Posted by arvint View Post

Heres my team:
    Crunch
    Swords dance
    Dragon Rush
    Dragon Claw

Flare Blit
    Brave Bird
    Sky uppercut
    Blaze Kick

Synthesis
    Sleep Powder
    Petal Dance
    Petal Blizzard

Dragon Claw
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon pulse
    Outrage

Hydro Pump
    Strength
    Surf
    Water Shuriken

Thunderbolt
    Hypnosis
    Destiny Bond
    Shadow Ball

any help?

thanks!
    Bolded some moves I would possibly change. Dragon Claw is pretty good, so I'd replace Dragon Rush with Earthquake.
    Similarly Hax probably doesn't need Dragon Pulse and Outrage. Right now it can't do anything to Fairies. Would go with Brick Break and Shadow Claw.

-Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Brick Break
    -Shadow Claw

I dunno about Petal Dance for Venasaur. I would go with something like this:
    -Petal Blizzard
    -Toxic
    -Leech Seed/Synthesis
    -Earthquake

Kingdra isn't bad. I would teach him ice beam, surf, dragon pulse, and something else. Alternatively, Greninja has lots of moves it could learn. Would get rid of Shuriken and Hydro Pump and have ice beam and dark pulse.

Hypnosis isn't that great with it's low accuracy for Gengar. Would go with Psychic, you're lacking that typing.
    Last edited by momopeach; 22nd October 2013 at 5:43 AM.

Hey guys!
    Can I get some help? I am planning to finally play pokemon x this Friday and the team I am planning is:
    Greninja
    Mega charizard X
    hawlucha
    Aegislash

I need two more pokemon. Any suggestions? I would want one of them to be a fairy type so which one is the strongest from all fairies? not including Xerneas or gardevoir. Which one is the strongest for me to use? Also which should be my sixth member?
    Thank You and I hope I am not taking anyone's time for answering my question
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Can I ask a question? How can people have tha Johto starters already?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy070 View Post
    Can I ask a question? How can people have tha Johto starters already?
    Friend Safari?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    Hey guys!
    Can I get some help? I am planning to finally play pokemon x this Friday and the team I am planning is:
    Greninja
    Mega charizard X
    hawlucha
    Aegislash

I need two more pokemon. Any suggestions? I would want one of them to be a fairy type so which one is the strongest from all fairies? not including Xerneas or gardevoir. Which one is the strongest for me to use? Also which should be my sixth member?
    As for Fairies, Huge Power Azumarill, Florges or Sylveon are your best bets. Bear in mind that for Azumarill you don't get physical Fairy move until lvl 50.
    Florges and Sylveon are actually quite similar statwise, and movepool wise. Florges, on the whole, has better stats but this goes down to personal preference.

Tyrantrum would make a good 6th member, as most of the team is quite frail bar Aegislash and Florges/Sylveon and once it's evolved that defence makes it a good tank. The only issue is that 3 of your pokemon will be weak to Fairy in the end, but Aegislash should be able to handle that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

dancing haxorus reflecting alakazam and cursing umbreon is my current team
    need advice on last three slots
    Last edited by sweet_niightmare; 22nd October 2013 at 1:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    Hey guys!
    Greninja
    Mega charizard X
    hawlucha
    Aegislash

I caught and trained a Modest Flabébé for my team and it's working out pretty well so far. I was skeptical at first, but it's working out well. Definitely worth a shot if you're looking for a Fairy type for your team.

I'm having trouble trying to finalise a team for post Elite 4 and the occasional wifi battle here and there. Ideally I would like to have 3 physical/3 specials to balance out the team and so far it's looking good but I can't decide on a last member, any help would be appreciated!

The plan at the moment is to have:

Blaziken (w/ Mega stone)

Clawitzer

Heliolisk

Aegislash

Aerodactyl (w/ Mega stone)

Not sure if it's been discussed but I was thinking of using a Doublade with an evolite as a physical wall. He would have 225 base def and still have 110 attack without switching stances.

Thinking of a moveset of:
    Rest/protect
    Shadow sneak
    Sacred sword
    Iron head/gyro ball.

Thoughts?

Does pangoro learn any good dark moves? Or should I keep with my low sweep, aerial ace, rock tomb, poison jab?

Also, is pangoro decently bulky? He has good hp, but only decent defenses, what's been your guy's experience?
    Last edited by CrusherTheFeraligatr; 22nd October 2013 at 5:45 PM.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by prwillard2 View Post
    Not sure if it's been discussed but I was thinking of using a Doublade with an evolite as a physical wall. He would have 225 base def and still have 110 attack without switching stances.

Thinking of a moveset of:
    Rest/protect
    Shadow sneak
    Sacred sword
    Iron head/gyro ball.

Thoughts?
    I would think Shadow Claw would be a better option than Shadow Sneak.
    Pokemon Y---Trainer Name: Setsuna
    3DS FC: 5000-2960-1997--Friend Safari Type: Water (Frogadier, Gyarados, Krabby)
    Badges: 8/8 [Hall of Fame]--Location:Somewhere in Kalos

Quote Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
    I would think Shadow Claw would be a better option than Shadow Sneak.
    I dunno, doublade's quite slow. Wouldn't a hit first move be good?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    I dunno, doublade's quite slow. Wouldn't a hit first move be good?
    I would think so. However, since Doublade is more of a defensive wall, I don't think that would really matter. Since it has high defense, it can tank attacks and have a higher chance of doing criticals with Shadow Claw.
    Pokemon Y---Trainer Name: Setsuna
    3DS FC: 5000-2960-1997--Friend Safari Type: Water (Frogadier, Gyarados, Krabby)
    Badges: 8/8 [Hall of Fame]--Location:Somewhere in Kalos

Quote Originally Posted by Streetlight View Post
    Why do I run my Talonflame's move-set? I don't know. It may seem redundant having both Fly/Brave and Charge/Blitz but sometimes I just don't feel like losing HP. He's a beast as is. Don't really know of anything else.
    I'd consider running acrobatics over brave bird if you don't like losing HP, plus you could go with roost to help gain some back (and lose the flying type for a turn). Swords dance also helps since his unboosted attacks aren't amazing.

Mine runs with
    Flare Blitz
    Acrobatics (No held item to get the power boost)
    Roost
    Swords Dance
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

Anyone know any good pokemon for later? I'm heading to Parfum Palace with...

Charmeleon
    Frogadier

Any pokemon that are good later on?
    (I have X, so none of that Manetric shizzle)

~Banner by Sworn Metalhead~
    ~I claim Abomasnow, Team Fortress 2 and the Pyro~

Well on the way there you can get Honedge in the tall grass and that's useful for later.
    My friend code is 2380 - 3713 - 7508 Add me or if you want me to add you pm with your code. I'll add you later, but you must pm me.

You can get Venipede too, it does quite good vs those fairys.
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

Alrighty, folks. I'm about to challenge the 8th gym in X, and by the time people read this, I should be training for the elite four, but I'd love some advice on what changes to make to my team to balance it out. Right now it consists of the following:

Blaziken lvl 71
    Blastoise lvl 62
    Chestnaught lvl 60
    Flygon lvl 56
    Gengar lvl 53
    Pupitar lvl 48

I would like to replace Chesnaught and Blastoise, but I'm not sure what I should put in there places. I was thinking probably Azumarill and Ferrothorn. Any thoughts? Move sets would also be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by b92bomber View Post
    Alrighty, folks. I'm about to challenge the 8th gym in X, and by the time people read this, I should be training for the elite four, but I'd love some advice on what changes to make to my team to balance it out. Right now it consists of the following:

Blaziken lvl 71
    Blastoise lvl 62
    Chestnaught lvl 60
    Flygon lvl 56
    Gengar lvl 53
    Pupitar lvl 48

I would like to replace Chesnaught and Blastoise, but I'm not sure what I should put in there places. I was thinking probably Azumarill and Ferrothorn. Any thoughts? Move sets would also be appreciated.

Getting a Fairy would be nice so Azumarill with huge power is a big weapown.
    As for the second a i don't know, the grass starter is kinda of ok, i'm not very found of that typing, on my post game team i'm using a modes Vileplume and just stomps fairys online and in game.
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast