Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2093

Thread: Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

  1. #1326
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Because of the ease of training this time out (I was way overpowered), I gave up specifically looking for certain Pokemon and just using anything that I caught with a suitable nature in my first time through. As of the Elite Four I ended up with this team:

    Greninja (I love it!)
    Talonflame
    Aegislash (I love it too!)
    Grumpig
    Reuniclus
    Manectric
    Chimecho (yes 3 Psychic types)
    Klefki
    Yveltal (I don't typically use legendaries but it was Modest and thought 'why not?')

    But yeah basically I now love Greninja and Aegislash, both are now on my all-time team so to speak alongside my shiny Salamence caught in Ruby, and Volcarona.


    Also, I find it quite ironic that Pyroar's most suitable competitive ability will be Timid
    {Insert signature here}

  2. #1327
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Yuba City, CA
    Posts
    43

    Default

    This is my First Y Play threw team, My X team will be different

    Adamant Pikachu - Static
    Volt Tackle
    Rock Smash
    Dig

    Adamant Pangoro - Iron Fist
    Hammer Arm
    Stone Edge
    Parting Shot
    Poison Jab

    Adamant Lucario - Steadfast
    Close Combat
    Bullet Punch
    Crunch
    Sword Dance

    Jolly Nidoking - Poison Point
    Megahorn
    Smack Down
    Shadow Claw
    Dragon Tail

    Hasty Greninja - Protean
    Grass Knot
    Hidden Power Fire
    Surf
    Ice Beam

    Adamant Blaziken - Speed Boost
    High Jump Kick
    Flare Blitz
    Baton Pass
    Sword Dance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Faint-USMC; 25th October 2013 at 8:06 AM.
    I <3 Scyther

    3ds Friendcode Pokemon X&Y
    0705-3351-3064

  3. #1328
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    217

    Default

    So I'm playing through X now, and these are the Pokémon that I plan on having on my team, so far:

    Chesnaught
    Charizard (with Charizardite X)
    Vespiquen
    Jolteon
    Jynx

    To me it seems like my best bet for the last team member is a Water type. But then again, I keep thinking that maybe I should get a Steel type instead, or even a ground type. Unfortunately, I don't have access to Empoleon or Swampert, so I was wondering what any of you guys might think would be more ideal as my final Pokémon. Maybe a Fairy type instead? I'm normally not this indecisive with just the type of one of my Pokémon.
    Yellow Team


    Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

    Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

  4. #1329
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    ^-Well, you could get Azumarill, and have both fairy and water-that is if it's possible to get one for now. It really depends on what the other Pokes are like moveset-wise, and there's always the Lapras you get gifted. It looks like you could use a tanky water pokemon I suppose. If you want a Goodra by the way, just ask me for an egg since I was breeding them. :P

    That said, I don't know what to do about my own team either.
    I beat the 7th gym and my Farfetched is looking pretty lackluster. The main reason I have him now is for Fly really, so I'm looking to change my team a bit. The core of my team is:
    Mawile(probably mega later, but not necessarily)
    Goodra
    Meowstic(male)
    Venusaur(mega for now)

    Since this is mainly for the playthrough, I'd prefer to have Surf and Fly available, but its not necessary. I've always gone with teams of pokemon that I like(usually unorthodox ones for a playthrough), rather than what's optimal, but I'm open to opinions, and would love to hear what people think would fit for the two on this team.
    3DS Friend Code:2337-4136-5473

    Teams in a X/Y playthrough can change quickly! Here's what I have currently:
    Venusaur, Mawile, Meowstic(male), Farfetched, Lapras, Goodra

  5. #1330
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    217

    Default

    You can never go wrong with an electric type. You said you like unorthodox Pokémon, so maybe Electrode? That's a fast electric type. And if you're really needing to take the opponent out, you can use Explosion.

    But yeah, I thought about adding Lapras, but I decided against it since I already have a nice type in Jynx. I have two flying types, but that's because Charizard can Mega Evolve into a Dragon type. Thanks for the Goodra offer, I already have a couple though
    Yellow Team


    Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

    Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

  6. #1331
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Black City, Unova
    Posts
    745

    Default

    My current team:
    Gandalf(Delphox)
    Neptune(Blastoise)
    Juan(Hawlucha)
    Beetee(Heliolisk)
    Apocalypse(Absol)
    Silema(Goodra)

    I'm before the 6th gym. I used to have a Gogoat(Thresh), but I traded it for Silema. Is Goodra any good? Also, I'm thinking of replacing Absol with another Dark Type, or any other really good Pokemon, but I don't know what. I was contemplating Aegislash, but pretty much everyone uses one(even the guy who traded me Silema), so I don't think so. Maybe Zoroark?
    I'm awesome

  7. #1332
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    My current team:
    Gandalf(Delphox)
    Neptune(Blastoise)
    Juan(Hawlucha)
    Beetee(Heliolisk)
    Apocalypse(Absol)
    Silema(Goodra)

    I'm before the 6th gym. I used to have a Gogoat(Thresh), but I traded it for Silema. Is Goodra any good? Also, I'm thinking of replacing Absol with another Dark Type, or any other really good Pokemon, but I don't know what. I was contemplating Aegislash, but pretty much everyone uses one(even the guy who traded me Silema), so I don't think so. Maybe Zoroark?
    Aegislash is great, but it can be a pain if you don't use it correctly. It needs to have the slowest speed as possible. If it outruns anything, it needs to have the highest attack it can have as well as speed. Try him out and if you dislike him, pick zoroark
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

    I'm also thepinguins{Death By Chocolate} on steam so add me if you want

  8. #1333
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fight Area
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I was thinking of getting Aegislash on my team mainly because I like the design &, ever since each member of the Honedge line was revealed, I've always thought of my pokémon using them as actual swords since several of them either have sword like accessories or they're related to people who use swords (Samurott-Scalchops, Farfetch'd-leak, [eventually] Chesnaught- based on a knight). However, now I'm not too sure since it seems like everyone seems to have one & I want my team to still look original
    Yeah the Sword seems to have gone straight to OU, however for good reason as its awesome. It saved my dignity in an online battle with a friend of mine last night. An idea I'am interested in trying out is an Evolite Doublade, as the one I had in-game up until I found a Dusk Stone was also working really well for me. Only trouble is that its No-Guard ability is more of a hindrance since most of its moves have 100 accuracy to start with, only moves like Rock Slide or Toxic will benefit from its use. Shame.

    Quote Originally Posted by thepinguins View Post
    Aegislash is great, but it can be a pain if you don't use it correctly. It needs to have the slowest speed as possible. If it outruns anything, it needs to have the highest attack it can have as well as speed. Try him out and if you dislike him, pick zoroark
    That is very true, however I am currently running Shadow Sneak over Shadow Claw as its more useful in-game. Is also a good move for picking off them Sturdy/Focus Sash runners after you've hit them hard with an Iron Head. But I do agree Aegislash is best when slow.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 25th October 2013 at 7:17 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

  9. #1334
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Black City, Unova
    Posts
    745

    Default

    UPDATE:
    Goober(Goomy)
    Gandalf(Delphox)
    Beetee(Heliolisk)
    Neptune(Blastoise)
    Juan(Hawlucha)
    Apocalypse(Absol)

    I decided to just catch a Goomy and train it up instead. Absol will likely be replaced by either Weavile or Zoroark. Speaking of which, where can I find a Razor Claw?
    I'm awesome

  10. #1335
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Yeah the Sword seems to have gone straight to OU, however for good reason as its awesome. It saved my dignity in an online battle with a friend of mine last night. An idea I'am interested in trying out is an Evolite Doublade, as the one I had in-game up until I found a Dusk Stone was also working really well for me. Only trouble is that its No-Guard ability is more of a hindrance since most of its moves have 100 accuracy to start with, only moves like Rock Slide or Toxic will benefit from its use. Shame.



    That is very true, however I am currently running Shadow Sneak over Shadow Claw as its more useful in-game. Is also a good move for picking off them Sturdy/Focus Sash runners after you've hit them hard with an Iron Head. But I do agree Aegislash is best when slow.
    In Competitive, it seems to me that shadow sneak is only useful when you know the guy'll die. Meaning you'd have set EVs into attack and have set up a few sword dances, with or without baton pass (I'd reccomend getting with baton pass as it could get you killed while you 'load the gun') Switch back to Shadow claw for Competitive games, or you'll suffer quite a bit.

    On another note, anyone know what I should spec my Talonflame with Gale wings into? my team, in order to show my type coverage is:

    1)Hydreigon: Evs into Spe attack and speed
    -Focus blast; Draco Meteor; Roost; Fire blast
    2)Gengar: same as above
    -Focus Blast; Shadow ball; Substitute; Dazzling gleam
    3)Protean Greninja: Evs into, again, speed and spe attack
    -Ice Beam;ExtraSensory;Scald;Dark Pulse
    4)Aegislash: Evs are from the story but heavy EVs into Defense, speed(Can't find a reset bag) and Attack
    -Sacred Sword; Shadow Claw; Swords Dance; Kings Shield
    5)Mewtwo: Evs into Spe attack and speed
    -Ice Beam; Calm mind; Psychic(He's at lvl 90);Aura Sphere
    6)Blaziken: Evs are everywhere, here. (MEGA STONE EQUIPPED)
    -Sky Uppercut; Brave Bird; Blaze kick; Stone edge


    I'd love feedback on this team and to know who to replace for Talonflame. Thinking of making a Water-based double team group, with a spiker/Stone edge setter to set with my shiny poliwrath
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

    I'm also thepinguins{Death By Chocolate} on steam so add me if you want

  11. #1336
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I'd use this team for WiFi and Battle Maison mainly, any recommendations?

    Modest Charizard, EVs Sp. Atk & Speed
    Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Blast Burn
    Modest Lucario EVs Sp. Atk & Speed
    Focus Blast, Flash Cannon, Aura Sphere, Close Combat
    Modest Gardevoir EVs Sp. Atk & HP
    Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Hyper Beam
    Adamant Trevenant EVs Attack, HP
    Phantom Force, Wood Hammer, Shadow Claw, Horn Leech

    These I'm pretty certain on, Charizard and Lucario being two of my favourites and I like Gardevoirs type combo (especially with it's Mega making Hyper Beam have STAB) same with Trevenant. Alternative movesets welcome though The last two I'm not sure on though:

    Adamant Garchomp and Docile Lapras/Dark Type (Probably Greninja, Absol, Zoroark or Weavile)
    OR
    Adamant Tyranitar and Modest Ampharos

    Anyone got any input? I'm also going to be properly training Aegislash, Houndoom and Hawlucha as I just like them so if you reckon they'd fit in anywhere, say so
    Last edited by Platypus9600; 25th October 2013 at 9:21 PM.

  12. #1337
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fight Area
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thepinguins View Post
    In Competitive, it seems to me that shadow sneak is only useful when you know the guy'll die. Meaning you'd have set EVs into attack and have set up a few sword dances, with or without baton pass (I'd reccomend getting with baton pass as it could get you killed while you 'load the gun') Switch back to Shadow claw for Competitive games, or you'll suffer quite a bit.

    On another note, anyone know what I should spec my Talonflame with Gale wings into? my team, in order to show my type coverage is:

    1)Hydreigon: Evs into Spe attack and speed
    -Focus blast; Draco Meteor; Roost; Fire blast
    2)Gengar: same as above
    -Focus Blast; Shadow ball; Substitute; Dazzling gleam
    3)Protean Greninja: Evs into, again, speed and spe attack
    -Ice Beam;ExtraSensory;Scald;Dark Pulse
    4)Aegislash: Evs are from the story but heavy EVs into Defense, speed(Can't find a reset bag) and Attack
    -Sacred Sword; Shadow Claw; Swords Dance; Kings Shield
    5)Mewtwo: Evs into Spe attack and speed
    -Ice Beam; Calm mind; Psychic(He's at lvl 90);Aura Sphere
    6)Blaziken: Evs are everywhere, here. (MEGA STONE EQUIPPED)
    -Sky Uppercut; Brave Bird; Blaze kick; Stone edge



    I'd love feedback on this team and to know who to replace for Talonflame. Thinking of making a Water-based double team group, with a spiker/Stone edge setter to set with my shiny poliwrath
    I've not looked much into Talonflame but a glance at it stats and I'd say max EV in attack, with secondary in speed. If you run Talonflame as primary a Flyer then its ability to give priority to Flying types moves means it can relax in the speed department a focus on strength. However if you wish to use other Fire Moves or a speedy U-Turn then Agility/Choice Scarf will provide what you need or try a more gimmicky well timed Flame Charge.

    As for Blaziken I see allot of people running Brave Bird, and I often question why? Its STAB Fire moves can take out Grass and Bug, so all its good for is Fighting types, particularly other Blazikens. However STAB fire moves will still dent most Fighting types and Rock Slide / Stone Edge can be used on fellow Blaziken. So really when looking at the new Metagame I'd say Poison Jab is a better move. You can then replace Blaze Kick with Fire Blitz as your powerful recoil move. Leaving...
    - Sky uppercut
    - Fire Blitz
    - Stone Edge
    - Poison Jab

    Quote Originally Posted by Platypus9600 View Post
    I'd use this team for WiFi and Battle Maison mainly, any recommendations?

    Modest Charizard
    Modest Lucario
    Modest Gardevoir
    Adamant Trevenant

    These I'm pretty certain on, Charizard and Lucario being two of my favourites and I like Gardevoirs type combo (especially with it's Mega making Hyper Beam have STAB) same with Trevenant. The last two I'm not sure on though:

    Adamant Garchomp and Docile Lapras/Dark Type (Probably Greninja, Absol, Zoroark or Weavile)
    OR
    Adamant Tyranitar and Modest Ampharos

    Anyone got any input? I'm also going to be properly training Aegislash, Houndoom and Hawlucha as I just like them so if you reckon they'd fit in anywhere, say so
    They are all trained in attacking power. Have you considered Speed?
    Which one goes MEGA? Is it Gardevoir? If so I'd train a Timid version. Her sp. attack power can be boosted with a well timed Calm Mind.
    Lucario I would make sure it atleast has Extremespeed, however if you can get one with Bullet Punch that would be preferable.

    I often lean towards speed over raw power as power can be added with items and moves more so than speed can.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 25th October 2013 at 9:25 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

  13. #1338
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    hey guys , looking for vivillons ; ocean , river , icysnow , archipelago , sun , jungle and sandstorm
    I can trade savanna , marine , continental , polar , high plains , and garden

    fc- 3880-2414-3977

  14. #1339
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    I've not looked much into Talonflame but a glance at it stats and I'd say max EV in attack, with secondary in speed. If you run Talonflame as primary a Flyer then its ability to give priority to Flying types moves means it can relax in the speed department a focus on strength. However if you wish to use other Fire Moves or a speedy U-Turn then Agility/Choice Scarf will provide what you need or try a more gimmicky well timed Flame Charge.

    As for Blaziken I see allot of people running Brave Bird, and I often question why? Its STAB Fire moves can take out Grass and Bug, so all its good for is Fighting types, particularly other Blazikens. However STAB fire moves will still dent most Fighting types and Rock Slide / Stone Edge can be used on fellow Blaziken. So really when looking at the new Metagame I'd say Poison Jab is a better move. You can then replace Blaze Kick with Fire Blitz as your powerful recoil move. Leaving...
    - Sky uppercut
    - Fire Blitz
    - Stone Edge
    - Poison Jab
    Ok, but One can only have 6 in a team, so somebody needs to leave for Talonflame... I'll be mainly using it for anti Mega Blazikens work. My thoughts tell me to take out Hydreigon since most of its moves are covered by other pokemon (With ice and fairy moves on other pokemon for anti dragon work) Am I wrong?
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

    I'm also thepinguins{Death By Chocolate} on steam so add me if you want

  15. #1340
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Any suggestions for a Battle House trio? I have got:
        Spoiler:- Competetive Pokemon:

    And would like to get more.
    My 3DS friend code is: 4828-4985-2466.
    I am looking for competitive shinies and trophy shinies. I can breed almost anything at this point. My Trade Thread; I EV train, level up and collect!
    I've got a ton of IV Bred Pokemon, check out my trade thread and message me!

    Challenge Count: 23 Wins / 3 Loss | Battle Maison Streaks: 53 Singles / 49 Doubles / 50 Triples / 20 Rotation / 22 Multi
    Beat by: a random, Steezus x 2.

  16. #1341
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    41

    Default

    They are all trained in attacking power. Have you considered Speed?
    Which one goes MEGA? Is it Gardevoir? If so I'd train a Timid version. Her sp. attack power can be boosted with a well timed Calm Mind.
    Lucario I would make sure it atleast has Extremespeed, however if you can get one with Bullet Punch that would be preferable.

    I often lean towards speed over raw power as power can be added with items and moves more so than speed can.
    I just updated with movesets for the definite ones. NGL, I am quite new to natures, EVs etc. so wasn't sure what I should prioritise but thank you for the advice, I'll be sure to consider speed more i'd probably go with Charizard, Gardevoir and Garchomp for the megas and evolve depending what I came up against (e.g go Gardevoir if it's a strong Dragon, strong Grass I'd go Charzard etc.) and now that I've considered that I may drop Lucario and Trevenant for Aegislash as I don't need four megas, it'd be overkill, do you think that'd be worth doing rather than using hold items?

    So now it would be: Mega Charizard, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Garchomp, Aegislash, Lapras and either a Grass or Dark type
    OR Mega Charizard, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Garchomp, Lucario, Lapras, Trevenant
    Last edited by Platypus9600; 25th October 2013 at 9:41 PM.

  17. #1342
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fight Area
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thepinguins View Post
    Ok, but One can only have 6 in a team, so somebody needs to leave for Talonflame... I'll be mainly using it for anti Mega Blazikens work. My thoughts tell me to take out Hydreigon since most of its moves are covered by other pokemon (With ice and fairy moves on other pokemon for anti dragon work) Am I wrong?
    Agreed, you already got a Dark type covered with Greninja and the advantage is that it can switch to Pyschic to Weaken Fighting Moves. The only other thing Hydreigon has is Levitate, but both Gengar and Talonflames Flying type mean your still have two Earthquake dodgers. Your also have less to worry about when it comes to Fighting and Fairy type Pokemon.
    The down side is that your be more exposed to Rock and Water type moves. Lucky most Rock moves come from Fighting types that Talonflame can out speed. As for Water.... maybe switch Ice Beam for Thunderbolt on Mewtwo? You still got Greninja running it, plus a Fairy move on Gengar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Platypus9600 View Post
    I just updated with movesets for the definite ones. NGL, I am quite new to natures, EVs etc. so wasn't sure what I should prioritise but thank you for the advice, I'll be sure to consider speed more i'd probably go with Charizard, Gardevoir and Garchomp for the megas and evolve depending what I came up against (e.g go Gardevoir if it's a strong Dragon, strong Grass I'd go Charzard etc.) and now that I've considered that I'll probably drop Lucario for Aegislash as I don't need four megas, it'd be overkill, do you think that'd be worth doing rather than using hold items? Trevenant would have Leftovers as it has huge HP and having that would make it even more of a tank
    I would say take only one Mega stone into battle. Some like Gardevoir you may only wish to use as a Mega as it behaves quite differently as a standard Pokemon. Its ALLOT slower when not in Mega mode. So consider how each Pokemon will be used in both forms. When not Mega Gardevoir may be better holding a Choice Scarf or Lens. A non-Mega Lucario may be better running Swords dance and a Life Orb ect...

    Quote Originally Posted by iTarTar View Post
    Any suggestions for a Battle House trio? I have got:
        Spoiler:- Competetive Pokemon:

    And would like to get more.
    For singles I'd give Manectric Lightning Rod to switch into and absorb electrical attacks aimed at one of your Water Types. You then get a sp. attack boost! Bonus!
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 25th October 2013 at 9:50 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

  18. #1343
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Agreed, you already got a Dark type covered with Greninja and the advantage is that it can switch to Pyschic to Weaken Fighting Moves. The only other thing Hydreigon has is Levitate, but both Gengar and Talonflames Flying type mean your still have two Earthquake dodgers. Your also have less to worry about then it comes to Fighting and Fairy type Pokemon.
    The down side is that your me more exposed to Rock and Water type moves. Lucky most Rock moves come from Fighting types that Talonflame can out speed. As for Water.... maybe switch Ice Beam for Thunderbolt on Mewtwo? You still got Greninja running it, plus a Fairy move on Gengar.
    Ok. Now then, Talonflame will have a flying move. I can either go for Brave bird, with STAB but recoil, or No item Acrobatics, with 110 dmg with STAB but no item. This is something that's huge. I can go for a Roost+Brave Bird and go for something like a life orb to ensure I'll kill, or go for No-Item Acrobatics :/ And I have no idea for the set I'll use, knowing I'll probably be using Flare Blitz.
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

    I'm also thepinguins{Death By Chocolate} on steam so add me if you want

  19. #1344
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fourrage Road
    Posts
    2,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Yeah the Sword seems to have gone straight to OU, however for good reason as its awesome. It saved my dignity in an online battle with a friend of mine last night. An idea I'm interested in trying out is an Evolite Doublade, as the one I had in-game up until I found a Dusk Stone was also working really well for me. Only trouble is that its No-Guard ability is more of a hindrance since most of its moves have 100 accuracy to start with, only moves like Rock Slide or Toxic will benefit from its use. Shame.
    That does sound like an interesting idea, & I do understand what you mean. Aside from its design, the main reason why I want to add Aegislash to my team is because it seems like the perfect pokémon to help balance it out since the other members will consist of:
    • Chesnaught-Grass/Fighting with high ATK & DEF
    • Frogadier- Water with good SP. ATK & SPEED (may evolve it post games for personal reasons)
    • Slurpuff- Fairy with good DEF, HP, & SP. ATK
    • Helioptile or Heliolisk- Electric/Normal with good SPEED & SP.ATK (debating on whether or not to evolve it since everyone seems to be using Heliolisk too)
    • Tyrantrum or Goodra- Still debating on these 2. With Tyrantrum, I know I'd have at least Head Smash, Crunch, & a Dragon type move, while I'm planning on teaching Goodra Dragon type moves, Poison type moves, & anything else that'd come in handy


    I'm not a competitive gamer, but I do try keep my teams fairly balanced in types and stats to face OP trainers. With Aegislash, I know I'll have a wildcard when it comes to ATK & DEF, & coverage against Ghost, Psychic, and Fairy types. Plus, natural high stats + Super Training boots+ Ghost/Steel typing= coverage against most Mega evolutions
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 25th October 2013 at 9:53 PM.

    Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

  20. #1345
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fight Area
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    That does sound like an interesting idea, & I do understand what you mean. Aside from its design, the main reason why I want to add Aegislash to my team is because it seems like the perfect pokémon to help balance it out since the other members will consist of:
    • Chesnaught-Grass/Fighting with high ATK & DEF
    • Frogadier- Water with good SP. ATK & SPEED
    • Slurpuff- Fairy with good DEF, HP, & SP. ATK
    • Helioptile or Heliolisk- Electric/Normal with good SPEED & SP.ATK (debating on whether or not to evolve it since everyone seems to be using Heliolisk too)
    • Tyrantrum or Goodra- Still debating on these 2. With Tyrantrum, I know I'd have at least Head Smash, Crunch, & a Dragon type move, while I'm planning on teaching Goodra Dragon type moves, Poison type moves, & anything else that'd come in handy


    I'm not a competitive gamer, but I do try keep my teams fairly balanced in types and stats to face OP trainers. With Aegislash, I know I'll have a wildcard when it comes to ATK & DEF, & coverage against Ghost, Psychic, and Fairy types. Plus, natural high stats + Super Training boots+ Ghost/Steel typing= coverage against most Mega evolutions
    Plus Aegislash can take the Poison hits aimed at Slurpuff, The Fighting hits aimed at Frogadier (if it evolves) and Heliolisk. Plus any Normal type moves.
    I can't give an opinion on Tyrantrum or Goodra as I've not looked into either yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by thepinguins View Post
    Ok. Now then, Talonflame will have a flying move. I can either go for Brave bird, with STAB but recoil, or No item Acrobatics, with 110 dmg with STAB but no item. This is something that's huge. I can go for a Roost+Brave Bird and go for something like a life orb to ensure I'll kill, or go for No-Item Acrobatics :/ And I have no idea for the set I'll use, knowing I'll probably be using Flare Blitz.
    hmmmm, Guess that all depends on what your most comfortable with. Will it be a Pokemon you send out to last or something you send in to hit its targets hard and but die fast? If its the later then Brave Bird, Choice Band and Gale Wings will do its job. U-turn for any bad match-ups. Acrobats I'd give it a Flying Gem (remember its a 1 time only item in the main game).
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 25th October 2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

  21. #1346
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    That does sound like an interesting idea, & I do understand what you mean. Aside from its design, the main reason why I want to add Aegislash to my team is because it seems like the perfect pokémon to help balance it out

    I'm not a competitive gamer, but I do try keep my teams fairly balanced in types and stats to face OP trainers. With Aegislash, I know I'll have a wildcard when it comes to ATK & DEF, & coverage against Ghost, Psychic, and Fairy types. Plus, natural high stats + Super Training boots+ Ghost/Steel typing= coverage against most Mega evolutions
    Aegislash is great, but be careful when playing against other players who tend to use Aegislash a lot, such as myself. What you want to have is Shadow Claw/ Sacred sword/Kings shield/Sword Dance OR Iron head. I'm using Sword dance to raise my attack whenever I get a "free" turn (ex: Abusing the Kings shield so much, their attack won't dent my shield). Then I pretty much Block and Slash. I've seen on the forums someone (*cough* Mecha *Cough*) using Shadow sneak instead of Shadow claw but I won't really reccomend it, unless you have a pretty buff Aegislash who can 1HKO with that move.
    Last edited by thepinguins; 25th October 2013 at 10:19 PM.
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

    I'm also thepinguins{Death By Chocolate} on steam so add me if you want

  22. #1347
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    I would say take only one Mega stone into battle. Some like Gardevoir you may only wish to use as a Mega as it behaves quite differently as a standard Pokemon. Its ALLOT slower when not in Mega mode. So consider how each Pokemon will be used in both forms. When not Mega Gardevoir may be better holding a Choice Scarf or Lens. A non-Mega Lucario may be better running Swords dance and a Life Orb ect...
    Ok, so taking that into consideration, here's my now revised team (still with some undecided moves), I am keeping two mega's, but that's just because Mega Gardevoir's too useful and then Mega Charizard's there just in case I need something that can go completely all out should all else fail/I not require Mega Gardevoir.

    Modest Charizard, EVs Sp. Atk & Speed, hold Charizardite Y
    Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Inferno
    Modest Gardevoir, EVs Sp. Atk & Speed, hold Gardevoirite
    Psychic, Calm Mind, Moonblast, Hyper Beam
    Jolly Garchomp EVs Attack & Speed, hold Dragon Fang/Draco Plate
    Swords Dance, Dragon Tail, Dragon Claw, Earthquake
    Bold Lapras EVs HP & Sp. Atk, hold Shell Bell
    Ice Beam, Brine/Protect, Surf, Hydro Pump
    Adamant Trevenant EVs Attack & HP, hold Big Root
    Destiny Bond, Phantom Force, Shadow Claw, Horn Leech
    Neutral Lucario EVs Max. Speed, 3/4 Sp. Atk, Atk., hold Black Belt/Fist Plate
    Focus Blast, Flash Cannon, Aura Sphere, ExtremeSpeed

    And there we go! Any more suggestions?

  23. #1348
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Im planning on using: Delphox, Hawlucha, Clawitzer, Goodra, Florges, Tyrantrum. Any suggestions on moveset or alternative pokes?
    Pearl Team-
    White Team-
    White 2 Team-
    White 2 Friend Code:2280 5286 2960

  24. #1349
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Fourrage Road
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Tyler Dure's Main Team: Greninja, Talonflame, Quilladin, Braxien, Pangoro, Dragalg.

    Reserves: Tyrantrum, Blaziken, Venusaur, Golurk, Linoone, Furfrou, Aurorus, Malamar, Noivern, Hawlucha, Barbaracle, Trevenant, Meowstic (F), Pyroar, Slurpuff, Mr. Mime, CHarizard, Snorlax, Heliolisk, Mawile, Diggersby x2, Azumarill, Riolu, Floette, Gogoat, Scrafty, Aegislash, Doublade x2, Smeargle, Toxicroak, Swanna, Aromatisse, Snorlax, Zangoose, Absol, Grumpig, Clauncher, Sylveon, Yanmega, Throh, Sawk, Nidoking, Reuniclus, Wynaut, Boldore, Sableye, Octillery, Lapras, Quagsire, Goodra, Sligoo, Karrablast, Bisharp, Trevenant, Bergmite, Zoruark.
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-


    Credits to Mr.Munchlax
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Aceepting an egg from Lysandre and continuing on to Coumarine City
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, US
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

    "You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

    Join the Fire-Type Club, where battles are as intense as the sun's rays!!!

  25. #1350
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Anyone know how to breed a dragonite with extremespeed?
    friend code 1779 0568 6338
    fire type safari: Ponyta, Larvesta and Braxien

Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •