Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2101

Thread: Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Just started X version a few days ago and my team consists of Froakie, Pikachu, Fletchling, Litleo and Pancham. I'm thinking about who I want to be my sixth Pokemon but I'm kind of lost at the moment; I'm not even sure if I need a Water-type since Pancham can learn Surf when it evolves. I might switch Pikachu for Helioptile later on since it's a Pokemon that I haven't had the chance to raise yet (I didn't even use it in Y version).

Helioptile can learn Surf, as well. It's got decent Speed and Sp.Atk, altho its Normal-typing can be a bigger weakness than strength sometimes. Also consider Amaura; even tho it looks a little MLP-ish, it's got good Sp.Atk and can learn some killer offensive and status moves.

My planned team so far is
    Chesnaught
    Blastoise
    Talonflame
    Snorlax
    Aegislash

Im trying to pick between Sylveon or Garchomp. Can anyone help?
    Leafseal, the Grass-Type Enthusiast

Credit goes to Brutaka!!!

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

Friend Safari: Pansage, Ivysaur, and Quilladin
    Friend Code:0103-9261-0272
    I will register anyone and everyone

Choose Sylveon. Use the new Pokemon that haven't been used before. That was my over-arching plan for my team.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Making a strictly ghost-type duos team for battle Maison

Sableye (w/ Prankster)
    Toxic
    Confuse Ray
    Fake out
    Willo-wisp/ShadowSneak (can't decide)

Gengar (w/Gengarite)
    Dazzling Gleam
    Venoshock
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball

Aegisslash
    King's Shield
    Shadow Claw
    Iron Head
    Sacred Sword

Any suggestions for a 4th?
    3DS Friend Code: 3454-0782-1475

Don't use Confuse Ray and WoW together. Burn nerfs Atk, and confusion's self-damage is reliant on the victim's Atk and Def.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafseal View Post
    My planned team so far is
    Chesnaught
    Blastoise
    Talonflame
    Snorlax
    Aegislash

Im trying to pick between Sylveon or Garchomp. Can anyone help?
    Garchomp provides STAB Super effectiveness against Electric, Poison, and Dragon (although it is risky since Garchomp is also weak to Dragon) which you otherwise lack on your team. It also has two of its weaknesses covered by STAB of the others you have planned (Ice by Talonflame (it takes neutral damage, but hits SE), Fairy by Aegislash).

Sylveon only contributes as being a much safer choice against Dragons than Garchomp since of three types that are weak to Fairy (Dragon, Dark, Fighting), you already have counter for Dark and Fighting. Also, only Sylveon's Steel weakness is covered. Poison doesn't have a real counter really since nothing on your team can hit Poison with STAB (Aegislash is immune to it though).

Overall, I would personally choose Garchomp since it bring more synergy than Sylveon and for in-game teams I go for purely offensive power. But if you want to choose Sylveon, go right ahead! Honestly, a Poison weakness isn't much to be concerned about, especially since Aegislash can hit for at least neutral damage. If you go with Garchomp, bear in mind that you can only have one Mega on your team at a time so you can't have both MegaBlastoise and MegaGarchomp available to use in the same battle.

Just my ideas, though.
    Last edited by bolter1; 26th October 2013 at 4:06 AM.

This is my team after getting through victory road. I have 7 pokes that I use because I don't know what types (and don't want to know) the elite 4 are going to use, so I trained one more so I have a backup. Here they are:

Aegislash-lvl 66
    Night Slash
    Iron Head
    Sacred Sword
    Shadow Claw

Delphox-lvl 69
    Psyshock
    Flamethrower
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic

Togekiss-lvl 71
    Fly
    Ancient Power
    Dazzling Gleam
    Fire Blast

Gallade-lvl 66
    Close Combat
    Earthquake
    Psycho Cut
    Leaf Blade

Roserade-lvl 66
    Grass Whistle
    Giga Drain
    Sludge Bomb
    Dazzling Gleam

Lucario-lvl 67
    Dragon Pulse
    Aura Sphere
    Dark Pulse
    Rock Slide

Backup: Ampharos-lvl 63
    Power Gem
    Discharge
    Signal Beam
    Thunder

One thing I'm concerned about is that my team cannot learn water type moves, so I may have to either train one more or replace one with a water type, but I really don't want to do that.
    Last edited by Sh4d0wF0rc3; 26th October 2013 at 4:22 AM.

FireRed team:

Ruby Team:

SoulSilver Team:

Platinum Team:

Level 100 Pokes I raised:

Favorite types: Ghost, Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d0wF0rc3 View Post
    One thing I'm concerned about is that my team cannot learn water type moves, so I may have to either train one more or replace one with a water type, but I really don't want to do that.
    Your Gallade can actually do SE damage against everything that Water is SE against between Earthquake and Leaf Blade since Water is SE against Ground, Rock, and Fire; EQ can hit Fire and Rock SE and Leaf Blade can hit Ground and Rock SE. The only Fire, Ground, or Rock Pokemon that I can think of that won't be weak to one of those two moves are Fire/Flying Pokemon, but Lucario can use Rock Slide or Togekiss can use Ancient Power for 4x SE damage on those, Ampharos can also do SE damage against them, but since it's your backup you might not have it with you.
    Last edited by bolter1; 26th October 2013 at 4:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    Garchomp provides STAB Super effectiveness against Electric, Poison, and Dragon (although it is risky since Garchomp is also weak to Dragon) which you otherwise lack on your team. It also has two of its weaknesses covered by STAB of the others you have planned (Ice by Talonflame (it takes neutral damage, but hits SE), Fairy by Aegislash).

Sylveon only contributes as being a much safer choice against Dragons than Garchomp since of three types that are weak to Fairy (Dragon, Dark, Fighting), you already have counter for Dark and Fighting. Also, only Sylveon's Steel weakness is covered. Poison doesn't have a real counter really since nothing on your team can hit Poison with STAB (Aegislash is immune to it though).

Overall, I would personally choose Garchomp since it bring more synergy than Sylveon and for in-game teams I go for purely offensive power. But if you want to choose Sylveon, go right ahead! Honestly, a Poison weakness isn't much to be concerned about, especially since Aegislash can hit for at least neutral damage. If you go with Garchomp, bear in mind that you can only have one Mega on your team at a time so you can't have both MegaBlastoise and MegaGarchomp available to use in the same battle.

Just my ideas, though.
    Thanks!!!! Garchomp looks like it can provide the most for my team and thanks for the feedback

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

Hm So far my team for the battle maison singles have been

Aerodactly
    life orb
    -Crunch
    -take down
    -fly
    -stone edge

Lucario
    lucarionite
    -steel claw
    -extremespeed
    -close combat
    -stone edge

Absol
    Absolnite
    -sword dance
    -nightslash
    -fire blast
    -psycho cut

Hm I know off hand I have to replace aeodactyle fly move now that he's not my main flyier any more and absol is not the most useful things against computer's since they rarely use stuff that bounces off of mega absol's ability.

Just beat Viola to earn my first Gym Badge. The only member of my team is:

Fennekin (F)
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
    - Scratch
    - Tail Whip
    - Ember
    - Howl

Moves obviously suck right now, but almost at level 18 to earn Psybeam!
    Current Pokémon X Team:

Kalos Pokémon League Champions
    ----------
    Friend Safari: Espurr / Munna / Xatu
    PM me to exchange friend codes for the Friend Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by Lled View Post
    Anyone know how to breed a dragonite with extremespeed?
    You can't at the moment. ExtremeSpeed can only be passed on from a Male Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite that has it. And until Pokemon Bank comes out, we're unable to breed ESpeed.

Charizard , Lucario , Lapras , Florges , Garchomp , Gengar

This is the team I ended up using on X:

Greninja: my starter Pokemon, chosen because it's my favourite of the Kalos starters' final evolutions design wise and I plan to use the starter with my favourite first form (Fennekin) on Y. I also always have a Water type on my team.

Raichu: I was not planning on using this at all to be honest. I caught a Pikachu early game with the intention that it was just going to be a filler for a different Pokemon later. However, it ended up being so useful for me in the first Gym that I decided to keep it. It's been very helpful.

Charizard: I went with this Kanto starter because I figured it would be useful for countering Grass types. Mine has a mega stone, so I have used Mega Charizard X quite a lot. Using a mega was something I really wanted to try out.

Gogoat: a Pokemon that I've liked ever since it was revealed, though I wasn't sure if I was going to use it at first. I'm glad I went with this Pomemon, since it learned some very helpful moves.

Pangoro: I wanted to try this one ever since Pancham was revealed. Its Speed and major Fairy weakness were problematic at times, but it could hit many Pokemon hard.

Hawlucha: I mainly went with this because I needed a sixth Pikemon, and I had just caught this after a tough battle. It was a little difficult to train at first since it was quite under levelled compared to my other Pokemon, but in the end it was probably my best Pokemon. Hone Claws + High Jump Kick was beastly.

I am currently constructing a Y team, and have begun breeding for some Pokemon.

I'm currently working on a shiny ingame team, based on Red's pokémon.

This is my list of team I want before pokébank comes out:

- Charizard (Already obtained) - Friend Safari
    - Blastoise (Already obtained) - Friend Safari
    - Venusaur (Currently Hunting) - Friend Safari
    - Lapras (Pending) - Friend Safari
    - Snorlax (Pending) - Soft reset
    - Raichu (Pending) - Masuda Method

I want them all EV trained, my biggest hunt shold be Snorlax with soft reset.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

It's always fun when you get an unexpected Pokemon in your ingame team. I wasn't expecting to use Gogoat, but I found a Skiddo early in the game, caught it, and he ended up being a major help.

Just cleared the second gym… I turned off the Exp. Share a long time ago because I felt I was progressing way too fast, especially when I had to train up my new team members to catch up with everyone else. :-\ Super Training and Pokémon-Amie take a lot of time, too…

Hawlucha ♀ (Ravinok)
    Lv. 26/Adamant/Limber
    Cut/Swords Dance/Aerial Ace/Rock Smash

Sandile ♂ (Botany Bay)
    Lv. 29/Quirky/Moxie
    Bulldoze/Torment/Crunch/Mud-Slap

Gyarados ♀ (Destiny)
    Lv. 29/Hardy/Intimidate
    Bite/Bulldoze/Rock Smash/Strength

Fennekin ♂ (Corel)
    Lv. 29/Timid/Blaze
    Howl/Ember/Flame Charge/Psybeam

Helioptile ♂ (Binghamton)
    Lv. 29/Modest/Dry Skin
    Thunder Shock/Charge/Parabolic Charge/Mud-Slap

Honedge ♂ (Gallitep)
    Lv. 32/Adamant/No Guard
    Cut/Swords Dance/Fury Cutter/Shadow Claw

Hawlucha/Ravinok is the latest addition, still needs leveled to catch the others. Honedge/Gallitep was my False Swipe-user, so it gained much more EXP because it was used to catch pretty much everything (I catch one of everything I can). Plus, No Guard is handy for cutting the time between encounters, so it needs to be up front when I'm hunting. I'm looking forward to more TM's and the Move Relearner/Deleter so I can get a greater variety on my moves. Right now, I have all the party members I have planned except one; I intend to swap out Sandile for Gible as soon as possible.

Was thinking of making a specially defensive Gyarados for my team. Need something that resists fire and fighting because my physical wall is ferrothorn w/ stealth rock and leech seed.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Intimidate / Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
    Rest
    Rest Talk
    Dragon Tail/Earthquake
    Waterfall

Thoughts? was trying to see if this would be viable.
    3DS Friend Code: 2964-9372-2647 Dragon Friend Safari with: Gabite, Shelgon, Druddigon.

hai would be awesome if the awesome people in the cummunity could give me som feedback good or bad for my currently planed team.

My team are as of now:

Aerodactyl(setup)
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Pressure
    Item: Focus sash
    Moveset:
    Stealth rocks
    Taunt
    Stone edge
    erathquake

Umbreon (Special wall)
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Synchronize
    Item: Leftovers
    Moveset:
    Moonlight
    Toxic
    curse
    Pay Back

Dragonite(Tank) wanted to go with Weezing but can't find it
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Multiscale
    Item: Leftover/Life orb
    Moveset:
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Thunder wave
    Roost

Arcanine(Mixed sweeper)
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate
    Item: Life Orb
    Moveset:
    Flare blitz
    Extremespeed
    Close Combat
    Wild Charge

Aegislash(P sweeper)
    Nature: Brave
    Ability: Stance Change
    Item: Rocky helmet or Leftover if i can get more than 1 of them
    Moveset:
    King's Shield
    Sword dance
    Sacred Sword
    Shadow Sneak

Alakazam(special Sweeper)
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Inner Focus (don't have anyone to trade with)
    Item: Alakazite
    Moveset
    Focus blast
    Psychic
    Recover
    Hidden Power ice/fire

Let me know what you think and if you have a alakazam/kadabra/abra with Magic guard and you want to trade pm me and we will work it out.

thanks
    Last edited by Dragon Trainer Vex; 26th October 2013 at 6:12 PM.

Friend Code: 4484 - 8710 - 5575 add me if you want

Safari type: Fairy Type Wth Following Pokemon Clefairy-Swirlix-Snubbull

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer Vex View Post
    hai would be awesome if the awesome people in the cummunity could give me som feedback good or bad for my currently planed team.

My team are as of now:

Aerodactyl(setup)
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Pressure
    Item: Focus sash
    Moveset:
    Stealth rocks
    Taunt
    Stone edge
    erathquake

Umbreon (Special wall)
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Synchronize
    Item: Leftovers
    Moveset:
    Moonlight
    Toxic
    curse
    Pay Back

Dragonite(Tank) wanted to go with Weezing but can't find it
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Multiscale
    Item: Leftover/Life orb
    Moveset:
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Thunder wave
    Roost

Arcanine(Mixed sweeper)
    Ability: Intimidate
    Item: Life Orb
    Moveset:
    Flare blitz
    Extremespeed
    Close Combat
    Wild Charge

Aegislash(P sweeper)
    Ability: Stance Change
    Item: Rocky helmet or Leftover if i can get more than 1 of them
    Moveset:
    King's Shield
    Sword dance
    Sacred Sword
    Shadow Sneak

Alakazam(special Sweeper)
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Inner Focus (don't have anyone to trade with)
    Item: Alakazite
    Moveset
    Focus blast
    Psychic
    Recover
    Hidden Power ice/fire

Let me know what you think and if you have a alakazam/kadabra/abra with Magic guard and you want to trade pm me and we will work it out.

thanks
    you've got 3 pokemon weak to rock. without a spinner to get rid of stealth rock, I can see this hurting you very quickly. unless this isnt for online battling.
    3DS Friend Code: 2964-9372-2647 Dragon Friend Safari with: Gabite, Shelgon, Druddigon.

I want to make an in-game competitive team, however I'm not satisfied with my current one.

I'm going to keep Noivern and Dragalge, but I want to replace everyone else. I'm not sure who to switch out exactly. though I know for sure I want Chesnaught and Vivillon gone.
    The thing is, I only want gen 6 Pokemon.

I was thinking of replacing Aurorus with Avalugg, and Sylveon with either Klefki or Carbink. I may take out Vivillon for Aegislash? But if I do that, I don't think Klefki would be a good idea.

I MAY also stick a previous gen mon that has a mega evolution. Though I honestly don't want to use Lucario. I see everyone use that thing lol
    Current In-game Y Team

I have these pokemon

Chesnaught
    Blastoise
    Snorlax
    Aegislash
    Talonflame

I am trying to pick one more mega. Thinking of Scizor but is the fire risk big enough to skip him???

Could anyone help me with some self trading in a bit? I've got a Scyther that I'm taking from my Y game into my X game (when I get it). Also, how do you check your friend code?
    Y TEAM:
    DELPHOX, BLASTOISE, TYRANTRUM, AERODACTYL, AEGISLASH, MALAMAR

X TEAM:
    GRENINJA, CHARIZARD, TREVENANT, GOODRA, SCIZOR, HELIOLISK

Hello!

I would like some help and for you to comment on my team (:

Trevenant

Nature: Mild
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Lvl: 55
    Stats: Hp; 171, Att; 154, Def; 92, SpAtt; 99, SpDef; 115, Sp: 88
    Moves:
    -Leech Seed
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Phantom Force
    -Energy Ball: I know Wood Hammer is quite a powerful move but I don't like when my pokemon get recoil out of a move.

Noivern
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Frisk
    Stats: 177/89/111/142/100/189

*I've been using him as my flyer so until I'm done with this team I don't think I'm getting rid of it.
    Moves:
    -Air Slash
    -Supersonic
    -Fly
    - I'm doubtful of teaching him Draco Meteor

Meowstic
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Stats: 166/94/104/105/104/157
    Moves:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Signal Beam
    -Disarming Voice
    -Psychic

Aromatisse
    Nautre: Bashful
    Ability: Healer
    Stats: 184/105/106/142/113/65
    *I accidentally removed Moonblast and until I get all the pokemons that know a Dance move to get a Heart Scale I won't get it back
    Moves:
    -Psychic
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Calm Mind
    -Echoed Voice

Delphox
    Ability: Blaze
    Stats: 155/110/105/159/125/122
    Moves:
    -Psychic
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Flamethrower
    -??? I was thinking about letting him learn Sunny Day, but I wasn't completly sure about it.

Goodra
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Sap Sipper
    Stats: 181/129/108/162/196/101
    Moves:
    -Muddy Water
    -Rain Dance
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Power Whip

I'm also not sure about teaching her Draco Meteor.

So, if you could please elaborate on my team,

Thanks!.

Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast