Horn Leech
    Moonblast
    Megahorn

BAZOOKA (Blastoise)

Rock Smash
    Waterfall
    Surf
    Hydro Pump

Blaziken (Special event. Couldn't give a nickname)

Blaze Kick
    Brave Bird
    Sky Uppercut
    Blast Burn

Should I change anything? I'm planing on learning a poison type move.
    Last edited by legendarytrainer123; 3rd November 2013 at 4:51 PM.
    Ho-Oh rules: 1. is AWESOME!!! 2. is the BEST!!! 3. No one can stop because it's AWESOME and the BEST!!!

Check out this site where I'm a Super Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinemasterking View Post
    678 .EDIT this is my 8000 post in this thread, god what is wrong with me

Quote Originally Posted by Viewtiful_One View Post
    Thanks for the advice!
    No problem!
    Ho-Oh rules: 1. is AWESOME!!! 2. is the BEST!!! 3. No one can stop because it's AWESOME and the BEST!!!

Ok so I have updated my team on pokemon X... however as always I'm having a nearly impossible time figuring out my last team member. I'm just before the second gym badge and I have:
    Honedge: Jolly Nature
    Torchic: Adamant
    Greninja (Not this evolved lol): Modest
    Vivillion: Modest
    Ralts: Calm

So basically my Torchic and Greninja are both female, as is my charmander I have on reserve... Part of me really wants to switch out Torchic for charmander... I have access to all of the starters because of breeding... But I have no clue what I need to do for my last slot... Ground fire flying electric are my major weaknesses thus far... If anyone has some helpful hints they are welcome, at this point I really don't even know if I want all of these pokemon. Vivillion is the only pokemon at this point I'm overly pleased with on this team. Anyway you can help would be appreciated as I am pretty much stuck in the game not able to progress due to paralyzing over thinking. :P

Can someone give me there opinion of my team which consists of:

Tyrantrum

Dragon claw
    Stealth Rock
    Crunch
    Earthquake

Greninja

Scald
    Icebeam
    Exrasensory
    Dark pulse

Jolteon

Shadow Ball
    Substitute( may change to baton pass)
    Thunder wave
    thunderbolt( may change to charge beam)

Aegislash

Night slash
    king's sheild
    Iron Head
    sacred sword

Espeon

Dazzling gleam
    psychic
    light screen
    reflect

Gengar

Focus Blast
    Destiny bond
    sludge Bomb
    shadow ball

Eventually I feel like changing out my jolteon for galvantula but I am haveing a hard time thinking of a switch out for tyrantrum. I was thinking either gliscor or aerodactyl, could really use some advice so what do you guys think.

3DS FRIENDCODE: 3265-5078-7782
    Pokemon Black FC: 0433-4400-9982

Message me if you add me, please and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kungfu View Post
    Can someone give me there opinion of my team which consists of:

Tyrantrum

Dragon claw
    Stealth Rock
    Crunch
    Earthquake

Greninja

Scald
    Icebeam
    Exrasensory
    Dark pulse

Jolteon

Shadow Ball
    Substitute( may change to baton pass)
    Thunder wave
    thunderbolt( may change to charge beam)

Aegislash

Night slash
    king's sheild
    Iron Head
    sacred sword

Espeon

Dazzling gleam
    psychic
    light screen
    reflect

Gengar

Focus Blast
    Destiny bond
    sludge Bomb
    shadow ball

Eventually I feel like changing out my jolteon for galvantula but I am haveing a hard time thinking of a switch out for tyrantrum. I was thinking either gliscor or aerodactyl, could really use some advice so what do you guys think.
    A lot of your team has a weakness to ground and dark. You already have ground covered but not dark. Get a move that dark types are weak to like fighting. Also, you should have a Pokemon that can learn Fly. Tyrantrum is weak to both ground and dark type moves so replace him. Bring in Aerodactyl since Gilsor can't learn Fly. Also, seeing how you picked Froakie, your going to be chasing a Moltres when you beat the game. Then, you should replace Aerodactyl with Moltres since Aerodactyl has more weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by legendarytrainer123 View Post
    A lot of your team has a weakness to ground and dark. You already have ground covered but not dark. Get a move that dark types are weak to like fighting. Also, you should have a Pokemon that can learn Fly. Tyrantrum is weak to both ground and dark type moves so replace him. Bring in Aerodactyl since Gilsor can't learn Fly. Also, seeing how you picked Froakie, your going to be chasing a Moltres when you beat the game. Then, you should replace Aerodactyl with Moltres since Aerodactyl has more weaknesses.
    About that I actually picked Chespin but switched to a protean froakie after the fact :3. So in actuality I'm chasing Articuno. But its great advice anyways, any other pokemon you think I should switch out besides tyrantrum.

3DS FRIENDCODE: 3265-5078-7782
    Pokemon Black FC: 0433-4400-9982

Message me if you add me, please and thank you!

I think that Staraptor and Braviary are better options than Aerodactyl cause they can learn Fighting moves.
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneSenapai View Post
    Ok so I have updated my team on pokemon X... however as always I'm having a nearly impossible time figuring out my last team member. I'm just before the second gym badge and I have:
    Honedge: Jolly Nature
    Torchic: Adamant
    Greninja (Not this evolved lol): Modest
    Vivillion: Modest
    Ralts: Calm

So basically my Torchic and Greninja are both female, as is my charmander I have on reserve... Part of me really wants to switch out Torchic for charmander... I have access to all of the starters because of breeding... But I have no clue what I need to do for my last slot... Ground fire flying electric are my major weaknesses thus far... If anyone has some helpful hints they are welcome, at this point I really don't even know if I want all of these pokemon. Vivillion is the only pokemon at this point I'm overly pleased with on this team. Anyway you can help would be appreciated as I am pretty much stuck in the game not able to progress due to paralyzing over thinking. :P
    I'd recommend a ground type Pokemon like Dugtrio because fire and electric have a weakness to ground. Whenever you run into a ground type Pokemon, bring out Vivillion. Also, if you use Dugtrio, it's nature should be Jolly or Adamant.

I'd recommend a ground type Pokemon like Dugtrio because fire and electric have a weakness to ground. Whenever you run into a ground type Pokemon, bring out Vivillion. Also, if you use Dugtrio, it's nature should be Jolly or Adamant.
    Dugtrio is pretty late in the game... Which is fine... but would another pokemon be better suited for that slot... like flygon or Golurk (Who I know little to nothing about, lol) Garchomp, Golem and Sandslash as well all come to mind.... I dunno I've never used Dugtrio so I don't know if he's better or worse than those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneSenapai View Post
    Dugtrio is pretty late in the game... Which is fine... but would another pokemon be better suited for that slot... like flygon or Golurk (Who I know little to nothing about, lol) Garchomp, Golem and Sandslash as well all come to mind.... I dunno I've never used Dugtrio so I don't know if he's better or worse than those guys.
    Okay, so to get Flygon, you have to get a Tranpich and evolve it. Plus, you get Tranpich at the same place where you get Dugtrio (Route 13) , but Flygon is better. Garchomp can mega evolve and is also on Route 13 because you need to evolve Gible. Garchomp is better than Flygon. You get Golurk by evolving Golett (who you get on Route 10). Garchomp is better. Golem you get when you trade a Graveler. Geodude (Graveler's pre-evolution) is at Route 18, Terminus Cave, and Victory Road. Graveler you can get in the same places as Geodude and at Route 13. Garchomp is definitely better. Lastly, Sandslash can only be caught in X. Route 18 and Terminus Cave are those places. Garchomp is the best choice. So, you can get a Gible just before your 5th gym badge. Evolve it, and when you beat the game, between the hours of 8 and 9, you can get the Garchompite!

Cool, thanks for the help I will definitely get it. I have x btw not that I think that changes anything :P.

ok this is what i have so far:

Greninja lvl 45 (Modest nature)
    Doublade lvl 40 (Brave)
    Charizard lvl 37- want to replace
    Fletchling lvl 1 (Adamant- Gale Wings)
    Lucario lvl 35- want to replace
    Lapras lvl 33- want to replace

i want to add both Garchomp and Tyranitar. i love those 2 pokemon. but idk what to add to make up the other slot. i only have 4 badges...and how should i ev train my Fletchling? i need to and dont know what to do. any suggestions would be nice :3
    3DS FC: 5086-1034-2659
    PM me if you want to add me.

Current obsession: Pokemon X

So here's my new team for X. I need some help on deciding the rest of the team members.

Delphox
    Moves:
    ˇFlamethrower
    ˇPsychic
    ˇShadow Ball
    ˇGrass Knot

Venusaur
    Moves:
    ˇEnergy Ball
    ˇSludge Bomb
    ˇEarthquake
    ˇ???

Noivern
    Moves:
    ˇDragon Pulse
    ˇAir Slash
    ˇFlamethrower
    ˇ???

Lapras
    Moves:
    ˇSurf
    ˇIce Beam
    ˇThunderbolt
    ˇ???

OR

Clawitzer
    Moves:
    ˇSurf
    ˇIce Beam
    ˇDark Pulse
    ˇAura Sphere

So you see, I need help with movesets, which Water type to use, and the rest of my team, as I said already, so thanks in advance for any help.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Macroboom View Post
    So here's my new team for X. I need some help on deciding the rest of the team members.

Delphox
    Moves:
    ˇFlamethrower
    ˇPsychic
    ˇShadow Ball
    ˇGrass Knot
    Good. Calm Mind is another option over Grass Knot.

Venusaur
    Moves:
    ˇEnergy Ball
    ˇSludge Bomb
    ˇLeech Seed
    ˇSleep Powder
    Venusaur (especially if Mega) functions best as a tank. Sow Seeds, lull to sleep, and proceed to wall stuff.

Noivern
    Moves:
    ˇDragon Pulse
    ˇAir Slash
    ˇSludge Bomb
    ˇBoomburst
    No need for both Flamethrower and Air Slash, they get similar coverage.

Lapras
    Moves:
    ˇSurf
    ˇIce Beam
    ˇThunderbolt
    ˇPsychic
    Too bad it doesn't get Dazzling Gleam, you could use a Fairy move somewhere.

OR

Clawitzer
    Moves:
    ˇWater Pulse
    ˇDragon Pulse
    ˇDark Pulse
    ˇAura Sphere
    You're wasting a powerful ability by running Surf and Ice Beam. Run Water/D-Pulses instead.

So you see, I need help with movesets, which Water type to use, and the rest of my team, as I said already, so thanks in advance for any help.
    Lapras is a good, solid Water-type, and Mega Launcher helps make up for Clawitzer's lower Sp.Atk, so IMO, they're both stellar choices. Personally, tho, I would recommend you use Azumarill. Huge Power with Waterfall/Play Rough/Superpower or Aqua Jet/Return or Belly Drum makes for quite the fluffy little dragonslayer. Catch it as an Azurill so it gets 3 maxed IVs for being in the No Eggs group.

As for your other teammates, Pangoro and Aegislash could fill those slots. Pangoro should have Mold Breaker with Crunch/Close Combat/Rock Slide/Poison Jab, and Aegislash should have Shadow Claw/Sacred Sword/Iron Head or Swords Dance/King's Shield.

can charmander learn fire punch through breeding? i want to run a physical charizard:

-fire punch
    -earthquake
    -outrage
    -flare blitz

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMasterX34 View Post
    can charmander learn fire punch through breeding? i want to run a physical charizard:

-fire punch
    -earthquake
    -outrage
    -flare blitz
    Why not run Swords dance instead of Fire punch ?
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintrial View Post
    Why not run Swords dance instead of Fire punch ?
    its not going to live long enough to set up swords dance. even if it mega evolves and becomes dragon, its fire typing will still make it take hefty damage from stealth rocks or any rock move. charizard doesnt have the best defenses to set up. ill need to run a baton pass ninjask or something to make that happen. i wanted to make charizard a fast physical sweeper. i put 252 evs into attack and speed and 4 into defense with my current charizard. it knows dragon claw, earthquake, outrage and flare blitz. its hasty with max ivs in attack and speed.

the problem is that i dont want flare blitz to be my only STABed fire move because it has recoil.

can dragonite pass fire punch to charmander?

OK. So I got X yesterday and have already beaten all 8 gyms. Here is my Team, it consists of four... but I need two more to fill in...

Leafus the Chesnaught - Lv. 62
    Woodd Hammer
    Power Up Punch -- to raise Atk.
    Bite -- would like to learn crunch.
    Leech Seed

ThundaBuddy the Raichu - Lv. 65
    Electro Ball
    Thunder Wave
    Thunderbolt
    Quick Attack

SquirtMe The Blastoise // Mega Blastoise - Lv. 61
    Surf
    Bite -- Rather it be crunch
    Strength
    Hydro Pump

Peckette thw TalonFlame - Lv. 58
    Fly
    Acrobatics
    Flame Charge
    Roost

what are your guys thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by KamFTW View Post
    OK. So I got X yesterday and have already beaten all 8 gyms. Here is my Team, it consists of four... but I need two more to fill in...

Leafus the Chesnaught - Lv. 62
    Woodd Hammer
    Power Up Punch -- to raise Atk.
    Bite -- would like to learn crunch.
    Leech Seed

ThundaBuddy the Raichu - Lv. 65
    Electro Ball
    Thunder Wave
    Thunderbolt
    Quick Attack

SquirtMe The Blastoise // Mega Blastoise - Lv. 61
    Surf
    Bite -- Rather it be crunch
    Strength
    Hydro Pump

Peckette thw TalonFlame - Lv. 58
    Fly
    Acrobatics
    Flame Charge
    Roost

what are your guys thoughts?
    You should definitely have an ice type for the Elite Four and a Pokemon with ground & rock type moves for Diantha.

Due to a challenge a mate of mine made to me, I'm to make a triples Bug-type team (all pokemon must be at least bug-type)

And so I've come up with

Scizor w/ Technician
    Bullet Punch
    Sword Dance
    X-scissor
    Protect

Illumise w/ Prankster
    Rain Dance (needed it to offset fire types)
    Encore
    Thunder Wave
    Flatter

Accelgor w/ Hydration
    Energy Ball
    Bug Buzz
    Sludge Bomb
    Final Gambit

Vivillion w/ Friend Guard
    Protect
    Safeguard
    Swagger
    Confide

Vespiqueen w/ Unnerve
    Defend Order
    Heal Order
    Attack Order
    Substitute

Scolipede w/ Speed Boost
    Earthquake
    Poison Jab
    X-Scissor
    Rock Slide

Any suggestions?
    3DS Friend Code: 3454-0782-1475

Whoo boy. I've been meaning to post my team for a looong time already, but I keep saying "Next time, I'll just play a bit more". And now that more has resulted in my team box overflowing to two.

Ah well, at least I'll reminisce what my team was as I went all throughout Kalos. I like to switch them around; I face the Elite Four high 60s to low 70s team. Still, with proper training they were very efficient in what they do.

In-Game team

Dororo
    Hasty Froakie - Frogadier - Greninja
    Dororo was the Froakie I started on the journey with. A fast, no-nonsense frog, he always moved first and hits hard. He's not too happy taking hits though. His plethora of moves allow him to hit a wide range of opponents.
    Torrent
    -Surf
    -Extrasensory
    -Grass Knot
    -Ice Beam

Skyree
    Brave Pidgey - Pidgeotto - Pidgeot
    Skyree was the first Pokémon I caught. Although a tad slower, she's cunning planner with a sharp and observant eye and still packs a mean punch.
    Keen Eye
    -Return
    -U-Turn
    -Fly
    -Roost

Blaziken
    Adamant Torchic - Combusken - Blaziken - Mega Blaziken
    The Torchic presented to me by the XY system is always up for a little roughhousing. As a Blaziken he has calmed a bit, although still capable of packing a punch. Or a kick.
    Speed Boost
    -Flare Blitz
    -High Jump Kick
    -Swords Dance
    -Protect

Mico-Gin
    Modest Pikachu
    A Pikachu I caught in the Santalune Forest, the modest little bugger is one of the hardest hitters on my team even if unevolved. He pretty much wiped the first Gym Leader and Elite Four Malva all by himself.
    Static
    -Thunderbolt
    -Grass Knot
    -Nuzzle
    -Double Team

Wrathion
    Timid Charmander - Charmeleon - Charizard - Mega Charizard Y
    The Charmander that I received from the Professor back in Lumiose City. It liked to battle, but was essentially a kid at heart, evolving much later than most would. Has great pride in his breath attacks.
    Blaze
    -Flamethrower
    -Air Slash
    -Hidden Power
    -Fly

Deediaram
    Adamant Skiddo - Gogoat
    A Skiddo I caught in Route 5, he is the most responsible Pokémon in the team, acting as a rough granddaddy whenever he is with the team. Although he is capable of taking hits, he really doesn't like to battle. Bonus points to who can guess what his name means!
    Sap Sipper
    -Leech Horn
    -Earthquake
    -Bulk Up
    -Leech Seed

Warhound
    Hasty Lucario - Mega Lucario
    The Lucario that joined me in the Tower of Mastery, I named him Warhound for his penchance for battle (after Korrina nearly lost her temper while waiting for me to think of a name). Hard but soft, Warhound specializes in doing precise yet damaging strikes.
    Steadfast
    -Metal Claw
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Swords Dance

Dire Miralis
    Adamant Gible - Gabite - Garchomp - Mega Garchomp
    A particularly fast Gible, this one chased me even when I was on skates in the desert-like Route 13. She is very enthusiastic, especially in playing Amie, wolfing down cakes in one bite. After almost losing to some fairies, I decide to teach her Poison Jab to even the score.
    Sand Veil
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Poison Jab
    -Swords Dance

En Passant
    Docile Pawniard - Bisharp
    A Defiant then Pawniard I caught in Route 15, En Passant prefers to stand and fight, using her speed to make a strike just before the enemy is about to make contact. She is also my helper in catching, and even when cornered Pokémon try to weaken her, she just keeps getting stronger.
    Defiant
    -Iron Head
    -Night Slash
    -Swords Dance
    -False Swipe

Laplace
    Docile Lapras
    A Lapras given to me on Route 12 so that she can see the world, Laplace wants to go to a certain place where there is hidden a certain box. Or so says a girl who claims she can see Pokémon's memories. A tough girl, capable of taking hits from the enemies and sweeping back with powerful moves after they are exposed.
    Water Absorb
    -Surf
    -Waterfall
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam

Nepenthes
    Naive Weepinbell - Victreebel
    Nepenthes, while not actually a fighter, is an expert catcher. She can attract hordes of Pokémon and she knows exactly who to catch. Also likes to chew on a Black Sludge to recover herself and strengthen her poisons. Hates using damaging Grass-type moves like the plague.
    Chlorophyll
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Stun Spore
    -Sunny Day
    -Sweet Scent

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by ImpendingChaos View Post
    I'm in need of some opinions. I've been spending all day catching female Eevees to evolve into Sylveon (I only want a female one). I've been searching for a Bold one, but have yet to find it. I have, however, caught a Modest one. Should I still keep hunting for a Bold nature or stick with the Modest one?
    I'm the proud owner (and avid user) of a 5x31 IV bred Bold Sylveon and let me tell you from experience, it is well worth the effort and time it will take you (in regards to to the rarity of female Eevee) to get the proper nature on her.

Many folks may be runnin' her as a modest sweeper but they are simply missing out on her real strengths...an amazing dual screener and offensive-prone wall. With bold nature, max HP and some invested defense EVs she is just an utter tank. Top it off with Moonblast (singles) or Dazzling Gleam (doubles) for STAB damage and even without SpAtt investment she's just a pain in the *** for your opponents. I haven't opened a match without her since I got her bred. I primarily play doubles so it may be different if you're only a singles player too.
    3DS Friend Code for Pokemon X : 4184 - 2414 - 9968

Friend Safari
    Water Type
    Frogadier
    Gyarados
    Octillery

Quote Originally Posted by zipzo View Post
    I'm the proud owner (and avid user) of a 5x31 IV bred Bold Sylveon and let me tell you from experience, it is well worth the effort and time it will take you (in regards to to the rarity of female Eevee) to get the proper nature on her.

Many folks may be runnin' her as a modest sweeper but they are simply missing out on her real strengths...an amazing dual screener and offensive-prone wall. With bold nature, max HP and some invested defense EVs she is just an utter tank. Top it off with Moonblast (singles) or Dazzling Gleam (doubles) for STAB damage and even without SpAtt investment she's just a pain in the *** for your opponents. I haven't opened a match without her since I got her bred. I primarily play doubles so it may be different if you're only a singles player too.
    I made mine as a Wish support. He doesn't have the same HP as Vaporeon, but it's still big enough to provide them, and bulky enough with the right investment to abuse them. Misty Terrain also prevents the team from getting Status'ed, so I say it's a great supporter.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by zipzo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    I made mine as a Wish support. He doesn't have the same HP as Vaporeon, but it's still big enough to provide them, and bulky enough with the right investment to abuse them. Misty Terrain also prevents the team from getting Status'ed, so I say it's a great supporter.
    I'm in need of walling Pokes, since I always go for attackers, and I will definitely try out Sylveon. Only problem is that, I want it to run dual Screens and Wish, which leaves it one spot for MoonBlast/Magical Gleam, obviously.
    Is it too 'greedy' to try and run dual Screens and Wish on the same set?
    I can think of this:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Bold
    252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp.Att
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -MoonBlast/Magical Gleam/Draining Kiss
    -Calm Mind

Wish and Protect are for obvious reasons, STAB move to attack; Draining Kiss has only 50 BP, but thanks to Calm Mind boosts, this could help it stay alive for longer.
    Or is it better to concentrate on offense, since Wish+Protect already heals it?

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I'm in need of walling Pokes, since I always go for attackers, and I will definitely try out Sylveon. Only problem is that, I want it to run dual Screens and Wish, which leaves it one spot for MoonBlast/Magical Gleam, obviously.
    Is it too 'greedy' to try and run dual Screens and Wish on the same set?
    I can think of this:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Bold
    252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp.Att
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -MoonBlast/Magical Gleam/Draining Kiss
    -Calm Mind

Wish and Protect are for obvious reasons, STAB move to attack; Draining Kiss has only 50 BP, but thanks to Calm Mind boosts, this could help it stay alive for longer.
    Or is it better to concentrate on offense, since Wish+Protect already heals it?
    My friend swears he saw a sign in-game that says Misty Terrain also powers up Fairy-type moves. Haven't seen it yet, so take it with a grain of salt, but if it does, you may want to replace CM with it. Boosts your Moonbeam and protects against statuses.

If you won't use Misty Terrain, I suggest Substitute instead of Protect so you can also protect yourself from statuses. Moonbeam is also good for a sponge since it can cut the enemy's Special Attack so you'll be able to survive longer.

Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast