Page 65 of 84 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2094

Thread: Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    My friend swears he saw a sign in-game that says Misty Terrain also powers up Fairy-type moves. Haven't seen it yet, so take it with a grain of salt, but if it does, you may want to replace CM with it. Boosts your Moonbeam and protects against statuses.

If you won't use Misty Terrain, I suggest Substitute instead of Protect so you can also protect yourself from statuses. Moonbeam is also good for a sponge since it can cut the enemy's Special Attack so you'll be able to survive longer.
    According to Serebii, it halves damage from Dragon type attacks for Pokes touching the ground. I remember seeing a sign about it in-game as well, but can't recall.
    Will test that out, and will also see if Substitute works better than Protect.

Thanks for the help.

So I just beat the first Gym in X, I wanted to make a rule of my playthrough.

I skipped Gen 5 so I wanted my ingame playthrough to be one that only included gen 5 and gen 6 pokemon. Should I just use what I catch along the way or breed the first of the Evo lines of the following pokemon that I want as a gen 5 and 6 team.

Greninja (Protean)
    Golurk
    Hydreigon
    Goodra
    Noivern
    Aegislash

My only concern is that this may be too well built for an in game team where i'm hearing that this game is already easy. Should I just use what I catch along the way instead (note that I have all of these guys in the game and can breed for their pre-evolved forms)

How far in the game can you breed anyways?

This is my Y team:

Greninja
    Venusaur
    Vivillon
    Goodra
    Hawlucha
    Heliolisk

can you guys help me with my moveset?

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    This is my Y team:

Greninja Protean ability - Scald, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Extrasensory
    Venusaur holding Venusaurite - Substitute, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb
    Vivillon Compound Eyes ability - Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Energy Ball, Quiver Dance
    Goodra Gooey ability - Dragon Pulse, Sludge Wave, Flamethrower, Muddy Water
    Hawlucha Unburden ability - High Jump Kick, Acrobatics, Steel Wing, Hone Claws
    Heliolisk Dry Skin ability - Thunderbolt, Surf, Dark Pulse, Grass Knot

can you guys help me with my moveset?
    There you go!
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 5th November 2013 at 2:51 AM.

i'm having trouble with the latter part of my team I already have 4 spaces planned (Fenekinn, Amaura, bulbasaur, sylveon) what would be a good fit for the team? i'm considering wingull, scyther/sizor, mareeep, noivern, gible and/or honedge.(as well as just about every water type available)
    currently looking for :

Pokemon pearl FC- 4598 3193 9279
    Pokemon black FC- 2150 7377 5349
    3DS FC 3437 - 3031 -8746

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    I made mine as a Wish support. He doesn't have the same HP as Vaporeon, but it's still big enough to provide them, and bulky enough with the right investment to abuse them. Misty Terrain also prevents the team from getting Status'ed, so I say it's a great supporter.
    Totally agree, great support Pokemon that can even deal some damage. I actually have an Umbreon that I use for Wish support that sort of sits in my "Alts" box, and Umbreon is a bit bulkier for the job, so I'm using Sylveon to play with dual screens personally. She is a great dual screen Pokemon, I'll you that right now. She has some great versatility, which is something I love about her.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I'm in need of walling Pokes, since I always go for attackers, and I will definitely try out Sylveon. Only problem is that, I want it to run dual Screens and Wish, which leaves it one spot for MoonBlast/Magical Gleam, obviously.
    Is it too 'greedy' to try and run dual Screens and Wish on the same set?
    I can think of this:

Sylveon Leftovers
    Trait: Bold
    252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp.Att
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -MoonBlast/Magical Gleam/Draining Kiss
    -Calm Mind

Wish and Protect are for obvious reasons, STAB move to attack; Draining Kiss has only 50 BP, but thanks to Calm Mind boosts, this could help it stay alive for longer.
    Or is it better to concentrate on offense, since Wish+Protect already heals it?
    I definitely feel running Wish with dual screens is a bit too greedy, you're better off running Helping Hand + an offensive move for picking off kills. Sylveon unfortunately is not Cresselia, so I wouldn't recommend spreading her too thin.

She can obviously be an amazing special wall in singles, but if you are trying to play doubles/practicing for VGC tournaments I'd strongly advise balancing her a bit to take on a variety of threats (which is why I'm a fan of Bold and some defense EVs).
    3DS Friend Code for Pokemon X : 4184 - 2414 - 9968

Friend Safari
    Water Type
    Frogadier
    Gyarados
    Octillery

Hi guys!
    I thought of a team, can you guys tell if it's any good?
    Also, can you help with the movelist for it?

Here it is:

Chestnaught
    Charizard
    Lucario
    Yveltal
    Gardevoir
    Hawlucha

Thanks ^^
    Last edited by tbrizzo; 5th November 2013 at 4:53 PM. Reason: changed Xerneas for Yveltal cause I realized I'm playing Y *derp*

Hey everybody, could you tell me if this team is good? Other than Pikachu they're all 6th generation Pokemon (though i was going to use Heliolisk but i caught a Pikachu with a Light Ball and changed my mind):

~ Braixen (not evolving as i prefer her the way she is ^^'')
    ~ Vivillon (modern form)
    ~ Pikachu (with a Light Ball)
    ~ Aurorus
    ~ Doublade (again prefer her as she is)
    ~ Sylveon

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*~My favorite Pokemon!~*Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    3DS Friend Code: 0104-1211-2819 (please pm/vm me if you add me so i can add you! ^^)

Friend Safari: Sandshrew. Marowak, Gastrodon

Hey everybody,
    I'm gonna try and create a team for the Battle Maison.
    I was thinking of using:

Sylveon Leftovers
    Ability: Cute Charm
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
    Calm Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Wish
    - Moonblast
    - Shadow Ball

Mega-Gengar Gengarite
    Ability: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Substitute
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Dragonite Leftovers
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Roost
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Punch

Would this team be any good? Any suggestions maybe?
    And will it also be usable in online rated battles?

Thank you.
    3ds FC: 0705-3326-1617

Friend Safari (Fighting): Mankey, Pancham and Hariyama

Pokemon X Champions:

Kind of interested in getting into online battling, not super competitive or anything but how does this team sound:
    Blaziken
    Espeon
    Kingdra
    Helioptile
    Noivern
    Nidoking
    3DS FC: 1719-4338-7555
    Pokemon X Friend Safari: Fighting Type - Pancham, Mankey, Tyrogue

Quote Originally Posted by carmstrong View Post
    Kind of interested in getting into online battling, not super competitive or anything but how does this team sound:
    Blaziken
    Espeon
    Kingdra
    Helioptile
    Noivern
    Nidoking
    I think you mean Heliolisk, not Helioptile. I guess your Blaziken is the Speed Boost one? I'm not really into competitive battling, so I can't say for sure if they are great for that or not, but whatever makes you happy should be good for you!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Gonna start battling online here soon when I get done with breeding and EV training.
    Here's my team I'll be using:

Greninja @ Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 4 Hp/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
    -U-turn/Dark Pulse
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot

Garchomp @ Yache Berry/Garchompite
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EV's: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
    -Stone Edge
    -Dual Chop
    -Earthquake
    -Substitute

Aegislash @ Leftovers
    Ability: Stance Change
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head
    -King's Shield
    -Sacred Sword

Scizor @ Occa Berry/Scizorite
    Ability: Technician
    EV's: 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
    -Bug Bite U-turn(until Pokebank is avaliable)
    -Bullet Punch
    -Acrobatics/Feint
    -Protect

Gardevoir @ Expert Belt/Gardevoirite
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Modest
    -Moonblast
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast

Gengar @ Black Sludge/Gengarite
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Subsitute/Protect

What do you think?
    Last edited by Zyon; 6th November 2013 at 12:46 AM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

So, I want to be able to craft a competitive team around Mega Mawile or Gardevoir (or two separate teams). Can anyone give me advice as to what Pokemon, EVs, Natures, and IVs I should use? This is actually my first time trying to craft a competitive team, so I would appreciate the help.

If this isn't the proper thread for this question, please let me know and I'll move it to the proper thread.
    Last edited by Hiss13; 6th November 2013 at 1:06 AM.
    Pokemon Y---Trainer Name: Setsuna
    3DS FC: 5000-2960-1997--Friend Safari Type: Water (Frogadier, Gyarados, Krabby)
    Badges: 8/8 [Hall of Fame]--Location:Somewhere in Kalos

Just started out and after spending hours on Wonder Trade this is what I have. Please recommend me easily available pokemon that would work well with these two.

P.S. Don't recommend me Scizor.

Riolu (Adamant & Prankster)

- Endure

- Blaze Kick

- Crunch

- Bullet Punch

Rotom (Modest & Levitate)

- Astonish

- Thunder Wave

- Thunder Shock

- Confuse Ray

Here's the team I ended up with after the E4:

Charizard
    Lapras
    Flygon
    Snorlax
    Tyranitar
    Lucario

I'm planning on grinding in the Battle Maison some, but I'm not sure what pokemon would make a good lead. I'm planning on using Speed Boost Blaziken and Starmie as finishers, but I'm looking for a disruptive lead to soften the opponents up. Any thoughts?

My team is
    Chesnaught
    Ageislash
    Vivillion
    Pikachu
    Lapras
    Charizard(X)

I've noticed i have have quite a big weakness to fire, can you make some suggestions?

New X Team:

Gold (Male Charizard)
    Ability: Blaze
    Item: Charizardite X
    IV: 31/31/31/x/31/31
    Moves:
    Flare Blitz
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Dragon Claw

Gurren (Male Tyranitar)
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Item: Tyranitarite
    Moves:
    Crunch
    Ice Fang
    Rock Polish
    Stone Edge

Sasha (Female Salamance)
    Ability: Intimidate
    Item: Rocky Helmet
    Moves:
    Fly
    Steel Wing
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw

Kaiju (Female Garchomp)
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Item: Garchompite
    Moves:
    Poison Jab
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Dragon Rush

Tharja (Female Hydreigon)
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Levitate
    Item: Expert Belt
    IV: 31/x/31/31/31/31
    Moves:
    Surf
    Dark Pulse
    Flash Cannon
    Dragon Pulse

Blah (Female Goodra)
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Hydration
    Item: Leftovers
    IV: 31/x/31/31/31/31
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Sludge Wave
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Last edited by Mark_Chaos; 6th November 2013 at 4:41 AM.

My first Hall of Fame team was the following!

Xerneas Lv62 [Amulet Coin]
    Avalugg Lv67 [King's Rock]
    Tyrantrum Lv65 [Rocky Helmet]
    Venusaur Lv65 [Venusaurite]
    Blaziken Lv67 [Blazikenite]
    Greninja Lv63 [Quick Claw]

Would someone be able to help me out with an in-game pokemon Y team. I'm new to Pokemon with X and Y and while I've done a lot of reading it can get very confusing and overwhelming at times. From what I've read it seems like you need/should have the balanced three of fire/grass/water and then others to fill in. So far I have picked the following:

Pokemon Y:
    Delphox
    Gogoat
    Blastoise
    Salamence
    Sylveon

Would someone be able to suggest a last pokemon, maybe replacements for others if they're not good picks, and maybe moves to go with them??

Thanks for any help =D

Good evening everyone,

I am not entirely new to the world of pokemon though my experience comes only as far back as Pokemon Black and White. That being said I never ventured into the realms of competitive breeding nor competitive battling and it is on that note that I am seeking some advice for the proposed team I have.

Please be patient with me as the majority of my knowledge comes from just general website reading to which has a 50/50 chance of being good or bad info. Though here is my current in progress team to which I am breeding myself cause of the whole custom pokeball twist (^^,)

Charizard – Modest – Blaze – Charizardite Y
    31/?/31/31/31/31 – Repeat Ball
    Heat Wave – Solar Beam – Dragon Pulse – Air Slash

Venusaur – Modest – Chlorophyll – Big Root
    31/?/31/31/31/31 – Nest Ball
    Giga Drain – Grassy Terrain – Sludge Bomb – Solar Beam

Greninja – Adamant – Protean – Nothing possibly flying gem once available
    31/31/31/?/31/31 – Net Ball
    Mat Block – U-Turn – Rock Slide – Acrobatics

Ninetails – Modest – Drought – Not sure
    31/?/31/31/31/31 – Premier Ball
    Willow Wisp – Flame Blast – Solar Beam – Toxic

I am still lacking two more to complete my team though the ones listed above I have already completed though I am lacking sufficient experience to complete the team and fine tune the existing choices. In order to help illuminate my selection choices and why my water ninja doesn’t have any water attacks here is my crazy thinking.

I wish to design a double threat sunny terrain team for potential to enhance the good synergy of sun teams. To that end my first three pokemon into a battle would be Venusaur – Greninja – Charizard. From turn one the frog would setup a mat block hoping for his speed to protect from anything nasty with charizard to then make like a power ranger and morph and bring the drought whilst letting off a boosted heat wave to lay down a turn one sweep, then venusaur to activate grassy terrain.

With the charizard causing the major damage potentially all eyes would be on him and with drought in play they might be focusing to much on the 50% boost to fire and another heat wave attack. Where as venusaur under the guise of grassy terrain now has a boosted 50% damage to grass moves which can use a one turn solar beam with the 50% boost or a giga drain to if needed replenish health, swiftly followed by Greninja who would use rock slide or a flying gem boosted acrobatic (most than likely rock slide) or if required U-turn to bring in Ninetails to reset the weather leaving Charizard to fire off another heat wave or pick off threats with the other moves.

There are a few things that outspeed greeninja though I was thinking the main threat would come from the mega aerodactyle to which I’m thinking of using something that has wide guard to counter that problem and just let the venusaur deal with it second turn easily or something that uses fake out to stop mega ala and gen in order to protect my venusaur, since I view him to be the stronger pokemon on my team with charizard acting as a convincing diversion and baiting the attention from stone edge users etc.

I’ve been reading up on various competitive builds and not sure if I would need a spinner since I start off sprinting as it were with my main force already in play and incorporating a stealth rock user in my opening gambit leaves me wondering where to put it. I have thought about using florgras in place of greninja in order to setup grassy terrain and allow my venusaur to proceed with a turn one solar beam which would make it a full out attack right off the bat as they say then follow up with a wish though I’m not feeling it at the moment.

My other thoughts would be a prankster Klefki using dual screens to provide some assurance that the other two would survive turn one and then start laying down things like t-wave etc. Well this is my plan at least and its something I’m still developing though would greatly appreciate the insert of more seasoned advice, if however this is the wrong forum yet again then perhaps 5th time lucky (^^,)

What more could you ask for, warm sunny day lush grass under your feat…. Makes it look very pretty whilst I play at least…. Thank you for all your help in advance and hello to the inevitable trolls…

Can anyone help me with the moveset for my team?

Chestnaught
    Charizard
    Lucario
    Yveltal
    Gardevoir
    Hawlucha

Thx ^^

Ok so this is my tentative team and I need a little advice on what you think.

Gardevoir or Mawile
    Gengar
    Pinsir
    Blaziken
    Garchomp
    Goodra

Either the Gengar or Blaziken will get it's mega stones. The only real issue is finding a good moveset for Goodra and then deciding if I should even use Mawile/Gardevoir or just use a totally diff one? And any suggestion's on what Items may be helpful would be appreciated.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

Post Game non-competitive team

Mega Blaziken: Speed Boost(Adamant), Mega Stone
    High Jump Kick
    Flare Blitz
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass

Dragonite:Multiscale(???), Leftovers/Weakness Policy
    Outrage
    Roost
    ???
    ???

Tyranitar:Sand Stream(???), Assault Vest
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    ???/Super Power

Greninja:Protean(???), Life Orb
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    U-turn
    ???

Aegislash/Scizor
    ?????

?????

As you can see I am missing a few things specifically the last 2 slots.
    Any suggestions? Changing Mega is always an options.
    Suggestions with explanations would be appreciated.
    As for during the game I went through it without a fire type so Chesnaught was a pain. :/

Quote Originally Posted by afterlifex View Post
    Post Game non-competitive team

Mega Blaziken: Speed Boost(Adamant), Mega Stone
    High Jump Kick
    Flare Blitz
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass

Dragonite:Multiscale(???), Leftovers/Weakness Policy
    Outrage
    Roost
    ???
    ???

Tyranitar:Sand Stream(???), Assault Vest
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    ???/Super Power

Greninja:Protean(???), Life Orb
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    U-turn
    ???

Aegislash/Scizor
    ?????

?????

As you can see I am missing a few things specifically the last 2 slots.
    Any suggestions? Changing Mega is always an options.
    Suggestions with explanations would be appreciated.
    As for during the game I went through it without a fire type so Chesnaught was a pain. :/
    What Post-Game? If it's post-game and it's non-competitive, that means catching mons. You'll need a False Swiper and statuser, preferably sleep. Poison Heal Breloom would be amazing for that if you can get one.

If you're going Battle Mayonnaise, then any 3 Pokémon with perfect synergy will do, either catching each other's weaknesses and/or hitting a wide coverage with just the 3 of them.

If it's the Battle Chateau and the Restaurants...any Pokémon will do. You'll be at a higher level than most of them sooner or later.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by zipzo View Post
    Totally agree, great support Pokemon that can even deal some damage. I actually have an Umbreon that I use for Wish support that sort of sits in my "Alts" box, and Umbreon is a bit bulkier for the job, so I'm using Sylveon to play with dual screens personally. She is a great dual screen Pokemon, I'll you that right now. She has some great versatility, which is something I love about her.

Hm how is it better then magic guard espeon though, that's what I used for duel screening last gen so I am generally courious what Slyveon has above espeon besides an immunity to dragons?

Page 65 of 84 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast