Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2101

Thread: Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Hai it would be great if i could get some input from the awesome community of Serebii on my currently planed team

Pokemon: Forretress (lead)
    Nature: Brave
    Ability: Sturdy
    Item:Leftovers
    Moves:
    Explosion
    Stealth Rocks
    Gyroball
    rapid spin

Pokemon: Ampharos (special sweeper)
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Static
    Item: Ampharosite
    Moves:
    Agility
    Focus blast
    thunderbolt
    Hidden power Ice

Pokemon:Gyarados (physical sweeper)
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Moxie
    Item: Life orb
    Moves:
    Dragon dance
    waterfall
    earthquake
    ice fang

Pokemon: Espeon (wall)
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    Item:Leftovers
    Moves:
    Baton pass
    calm mind
    stored power
    hidden power fighting

Pokemon: Gliscor (physical wall)
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Item: Toxic orb
    Moves:
    Earthquake
    sword dance
    baton pass
    roost

Pokemon: Blissey (wall
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Natural cure
    Item: Leftovers
    Moves:
    Softboiled
    aromatherapy
    toxic
    Flamethrower

Would be awesome if i could get some idéas on what could be improved
    Thanks
    Last edited by Dragon Trainer Vex; 6th November 2013 at 9:11 PM.

Friend Code: 4484 - 8710 - 5575 add me if you want

Safari type: Fairy Type Wth Following Pokemon Clefairy-Swirlix-Snubbull

I am trying to build a team, not for metagame or any kind of competition, just for using in the game really and I'm having trouble with finding the last pokemon for it.
    So far I plan using Trevenant, Mega Gardevoir, Chandelure, Crobat and Vaporeon (I'm not sure if I'll use him or Clawitzer though). What do you guys recommend for the last one? I was thinking of a physical sweeper or something alike.

Keep in mind that I'm not going to use this team for anything but fun.

P.S.: any comment on the ones that I've chosen are welcome.
    Last edited by Gjenganger; 7th November 2013 at 12:57 AM.
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 3737 9862 3257 . pm me your friend code if you add me.
    my friend safari is Fire-type: Slugma, Magmar and Fletchinder

Hey. I've played through the game, beat the Elite Four and Diantha, and I felt like they were too easy. So I'm restarting my X, and this time, I intend to box the Torchic, my starter, and the other Kanto starter. I plan on going through this game with only Pokemon not generally deemed good to use, like Illumise / Volbeat or Plusle / Minun. You know, Pokemon like those.

Any suggestions?

Trying this out for my competitive team, comments and suggestions are definitely needed:

Galvantula (Compound Eyes) @ Focus Sash
    Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
    IV's: 31/X/31/31/31/31
    EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 Sp. Defense
    Moves:
    1. Sticky Web
    2. Volt Switch
    3. Bug Buzz
    4. Energy Ball

Greninja (Protean) @ Life Orb
    Nature: Hasty (+Speed, -Defense)
    IV's: 31/31/31/31/X/31
    EV's: 168 Sp. Attack, 244 Speed, 96 Attack
    Moves:
    1. U-Turn
    2. Hydro Pump/Surf
    3. Dark Pulse
    4. Ice Beam

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate
    Nature: Brave (+Attack, -Speed)
    IV's: 31/31/31/X/31/0
    EV's: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Defense
    Moves:
    1. Swords Dance
    2. King's Shield
    3. Sacred Sword
    4. Shadow Sneak

Goodra (Gooey) @ Assault Vest
    Nature: Sassy (+Sp. Defense, -Speed)
    IV's: 31/X/31/31/31/31
    EV's: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 Sp. Def
    Moves:
    1. Dragon Pulse
    2. Fire Blast
    3. Focus Blast
    4. Sludge Wave

Metagross (Clear Body) @ Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
    IV's: 31/31/31/X/31/31
    EV's: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Defense
    Moves:
    1. Earthquake
    2. Hammer Arm
    3. Zen Headbutt
    4. Meteor Mash

Scizor (Technician) & Scizorite
    Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
    IV's: 31/31/31/X/31/31
    EV's: 252 HP, 40 Attack, 216 Sp. Def
    Moves:
    1. Bullet Punch
    2. U-Turn
    3. Swords Dance
    4. Roost
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: Kami 1349-5696-3132

Playing Pokemon X:
    Name: Kami

Proud Owner of:
    Shiny Hasty Protean Froakie with 31/22/31/31/31/31
    Shiny Timid Ghastly with 31/14/31/31/31/31 and 6IV's
    Shiny Brave Honedge with 31/31/31/24/31/00
    Shiny Impish Furfrou with 31/31/31/X/31/31 (M) and 6IV's (F)
    Shiny Timid Volt Absorb Jolteon with 31/X/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
    Shiny Bold Cute Charm Sylveon with 31/22/31/31/31/31
    Shiny Jolly Tyrunt with 31/31/31/31/23/31
    Shiny Timid Infiltrator Noibat with 31/14/23/31/31/31

I rather like Double Battles, perhaps it's because the majority of Wi-Fi competitions are Double Battles. Anyways I was looking over my team that I posted the other day and thought all of them were mainly focused on offense. Before hand I was thinking of adding Klefki as a Set-up/Annoyer. I did some research changed a few things and now I think I have a pretty decent team for Double Battles or even Triple Battles(I'd like to do more of them, they were fun in B/W, B2/W2).

So here's my team:
    Carbink[Support] @ Light Clay
    Nature: Careful
    EV's: 252 Hp/ 88 Def/ 168 Sp.Def
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen

Will be my lead to set up Stealth Rock it's Ability will make sure of it. If I have the chance I'll set up Reflect and Light Screen to help support my team. Light Clay of course will make both of them last longer. Explosion is used in hopes of taking out my opponent's Pokemon, usually I'll make sure to have an ally use Protect or just have Gengar out to avoid taking damage.

Crobat[Annoyer] @ Flying Gem
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EV's: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
    -Acrobatics
    -Confuse Ray
    -Tailwind
    -Protect

A pokemon that I've used a dozen times over. Arobatics + Flying Gem makes for a pretty powerful STAB move that can take care of any Fighting-type that would appear. No Fake Out user's are gonna stop Crobat due thanks to it's ability Inner Focus. Confuse Ray is simple 100% accuracy move just to annoy my opponent. Tailwind helps support my team with a speed boost down the road if needed. Protect of course helps survival.

Garchomp[Physical Sweeper] @ Yache Berry/Garchompite
    Ability: Sand Veil
    -Rock Slide
    -Dual Chop
    -Earthquake
    -Substitute

My beastly Dragon that I used on my Sandstorm Team(probably gonna make a new one in X/Y, too bad with the nerf on weather effects.). Sand Veil doesn't get any use since I don't use Sandstorm at all. Yache Berry is for weakening Ice-type moves to better help survive due to his x4 weakness. Garchompite is another option is I wish to use Mega Garchomp but I'm a little dissapointed in the decrease of speed. Rock Slide is a good spread move that can deal with Fire and Flying-types. Dual Chop is a good STAB move that hit's twice, can even take care of Substitute and still be able to hit the Pokemon. Earthquake is a great STAB move and usually will be used with Crobat, or Gengar, or an ally using Protect to prevent damage. Substitute is for easier predictions, Protect can also be used for survival and the partner to help take out threats.

Aegislash[Physcial Sweeper] @ Leftovers
    Ability: Stance Change
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head
    -King's Shield
    -Sacred Sword

I've wanted to try this guy out(been saving my Dusk stone). It's ability is unique switching it's Atk with it's Def, Aegislash when used carefully can be your opponents worst nightmare. King's Shield allows Aegislash to change back to Shield form and act's like Protect and will also lower my oppponents Atk stat harshly if they make contact. Shadow Sneak is a great priority move plus it gets STAB. Iron Head is another good STAB move with the chance to flinch my opponent. Sacred Sword is a good fighting-type move to deal with other Steel-types.

Gengar[Special Sweeper] @ Black Sludge/Gengarite
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 4 Hp/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Subsitute/Protect

A real threat with high speed and special attack. Levitate can take care of any ground moves, great for predicted switches. Black Sludge is used allowing Gengar to slowly regain health. Gengarite is another option it's Shadow tag ability prevents any switch in's allowing Gengar to sweep if unprepared. Shadow Ball a great STAB move with the chance of lowering Sp. Def stat. Thunerbolt is powerful with the chance to paralyze my opponent. Focus Blast is to deal with Fighting and Ice types. Subsitute will mostly be used with Black Sludge to recover health back, or Protect for survival especially when use Mega form.

Greninja[Special Sweeper] @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    -U-turn/Dark Pulse
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot

What my team is mostly based around, after learning of it's hidden ability I just have to try it out. I put Expert Belt on just to test it out it already receives STAB regardless due to it's ability but Life Orb might replace it completely. Protean of course changes Greninja's type to what ever move it's using that turn giving it STAB. Hydro Pump is a powerful STAB move but I might change it for something else due to it's 80% accuracy. Ice Beam is great for dealing with Dragon, Grass, and Ground-types. Grass Knot is good against other water-types, ground and rock as well. Dark Pulse is getting use of Greninja's other type, U-turn helps Greninja escape since it's kind of fragile.

Some moves might change to better help in Double Battles, any suggestions/changes are welcome.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    I rather like Double Battles, perhaps it's because the majority of Wi-Fi competitions are Double Battles. Anyways I was looking over my team that I posted the other day and thought all of them were mainly focused on offense. Before hand I was thinking of adding Klefki as a Set-up/Annoyer. I did some research changed a few things and now I think I have a pretty decent team for Double Battles or even Triple Battles(I'd like to do more of them, they were fun in B/W, B2/W2).

So here's my team:
    Carbink[Support] @ Light Clay
    EV's: 252 Hp/ 88 Def/ 168 Sp.Def
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen

Will be my lead to set up Stealth Rock it's Ability will make sure of it. If I have the chance I'll set up Reflect and Light Screen to help support my team. Light Clay of course will make both of them last longer. Explosion is used in hopes of taking out my opponent's Pokemon, usually I'll make sure to have an ally use Protect or just have Gengar out to avoid taking damage.

Crobat[Annoyer] @ Flying Gem
    Ability: Inner Focus
    -Acrobatics
    -Confuse Ray
    -Tailwind
    -Protect

A pokemon that I've used a dozen times over. Arobatics + Flying Gem makes for a pretty powerful STAB move that can take care of any Fighting-type that would appear. No Fake Out user's are gonna stop Crobat due thanks to it's ability Inner Focus. Confuse Ray is simple 100% accuracy move just to annoy my opponent. Tailwind helps support my team with a speed boost down the road if needed. Protect of course helps survival.

Garchomp[Physical Sweeper] @ Yache Berry/Garchompite
    Ability: Sand Veil
    -Rock Slide
    -Dual Chop
    -Earthquake
    -Substitute

My beastly Dragon that I used on my Sandstorm Team(probably gonna make a new one in X/Y, too bad with the nerf on weather effects.). Sand Veil doesn't get any use since I don't use Sandstorm at all. Yache Berry is for weakening Ice-type moves to better help survive due to his x4 weakness. Garchompite is another option is I wish to use Mega Garchomp but I'm a little dissapointed in the decrease of speed. Rock Slide is a good spread move that can deal with Fire and Flying-types. Dual Chop is a good STAB move that hit's twice, can even take care of Substitute and still be able to hit the Pokemon. Earthquake is a great STAB move and usually will be used with Crobat, or Gengar, or an ally using Protect to prevent damage. Substitute is for easier predictions, Protect can also be used for survival and the partner to help take out threats.

Aegislash[Physcial Sweeper] @ Leftovers
    Ability: Stance Change
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head
    -King's Shield
    -Sacred Sword

I've wanted to try this guy out(been saving my Dusk stone). It's ability is unique switching it's Atk with it's Def, Aegislash when used carefully can be your opponents worst nightmare. King's Shield allows Aegislash to change back to Shield form and act's like Protect and will also lower my oppponents Atk stat harshly if they make contact. Shadow Sneak is a great priority move plus it gets STAB. Iron Head is another good STAB move with the chance to flinch my opponent. Sacred Sword is a good fighting-type move to deal with other Steel-types.

Gengar[Special Sweeper] @ Black Sludge/Gengarite
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Subsitute/Protect

A real threat with high speed and special attack. Levitate can take care of any ground moves, great for predicted switches. Black Sludge is used allowing Gengar to slowly regain health. Gengarite is another option it's Shadow tag ability prevents any switch in's allowing Gengar to sweep if unprepared. Shadow Ball a great STAB move with the chance of lowering Sp. Def stat. Thunerbolt is powerful with the chance to paralyze my opponent. Focus Blast is to deal with Fighting and Ice types. Subsitute will mostly be used with Black Sludge to recover health back, or Protect for survival especially when use Mega form.

Greninja[Special Sweeper] @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    -U-turn/Dark Pulse
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot

What my team is mostly based around, after learning of it's hidden ability I just have to try it out. I put Expert Belt on just to test it out it already receives STAB regardless due to it's ability but Life Orb might replace it completely. Protean of course changes Greninja's type to what ever move it's using that turn giving it STAB. Hydro Pump is a powerful STAB move but I might change it for something else due to it's 80% accuracy. Ice Beam is great for dealing with Dragon, Grass, and Ground-types. Grass Knot is good against other water-types, ground and rock as well. Dark Pulse is getting use of Greninja's other type, U-turn helps Greninja escape since it's kind of fragile.

Some moves might change to better help in Double Battles, any suggestions/changes are welcome.
    For Aegislash
    Replace Iron Head with Sword Dance, even if it is STAB, Sword Dance can make moves a lot more stronger and Fighting/Ghost Type coverages will at least attack every Pokemon with a normal damage. If this was for Double Battle, I would prefer Shadow Claw more as using Shadow Sneak will cause it to go to the Attack Form and the second Pokemon that didn't get attack by Aegislash can OHKO it easily, if you want to use it for Single then keep Shadow Sneak to sweep your opponent team. If this was competitive, use Lum Berry instead as Will-O-Wisp can completely ruin Aegislash combo.

For Greninja
    I might go for Surf instead of Hydro Pump in Double Battle to hit all opponent and your ally can use Protect to protect it from Surf. The other option for Hydro Pump is Scald, but it is 1.5 times less stronger than Hydro Pump.

And where did you find Flying Gem?

Hope this help

Spoiler:- Comments on Zyon's team::

Zyon, if you're reading this, please click the spoiler above to see my comments on your team

Right now, I'm currently trying to think of movepools for several of my pokémon from Black 2 once I transfer them via pokémon bank, & I was hoping to get a few comments:

Charizard @Charizardite X/Charizardite Y
    Male, Lv. 80, Hardy
    Blaze (Tough Claws/Drought)
    - Flamethrower/Fire Blast (already PPMax'd)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Solar Beam
    - Earthquake/ Flame Charge/ Thunderpunch/Flare Blitz/ Rock Slide
    NOTE: My main goal is to get both mega stones for Charizard, so I'm trying to create a movepool that will work with both of its mega evolved forms

Forretress @Leftovers
    Male, lv. 40, Bold or Relaxed (forgot nature)
    Sturdy
    - Explosion
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes/Stealth Rock
    - Infestation
    I'm thinking of teaching Forretress Infestation as a surprise move when battling pokémon like Mega Gardevoir, especially in Double Battles

Conkeldurr @Life Orb
    Male, Lv. 80, Adamant
    Iron Fist
    - Drain Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Stone Edge
    - Poison Jab/Power-Up Punch
    While Poison Jab would give Conkeldurr coverage against Fairy types, I was thinking Power-Up punch would be the perfect move to go with its Iron Fist ability if it works with this move

Sylveon @none
    Male, lv. 80, Hardy
    Cute Charm
    - Trump Card
    - Moonblast
    - Dazzling Gleam/Iron Tail
    - Misty Terrain/Calm Mind/Skill Swap
    Before Sylveon was even first revealed, I knew they'd introduce a new eeveelution after seeing Virgil in the anime, so I caught an Eevee in Black 2 partly because I wanted to evolve it in the next game. Anyway, I'm still new on Fairy types, so I'm not sure if this movepool would technically be the best

Altaria @Dragon Fang/None
    Female, Lv. 80, Rash
    Cloud Nine
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Fly
    -Dragon Dance/Draco Meteor
    - Dazzling Gleam/Steel Wing/Sing
    Though Altaria's nature is Rash, it also has a good ATK stat too, so I was trying to get a good blend of Physical and Special Attacks

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    Male, lv. 42, Jolly
    Technician
    - Bulk Up/Work Up/Swords Dance/Spore/Shell Smash
    - Protect/Detect/King's Shield
    - Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock/Sticky Web
    - Psycho Cut/Rough Play/Poison Tail/Power-Up Punch
    While most people suggest using Smeargle for a shield or inflicting field moves, I want to teach it a few attacks to defend itself in battle since not utilizing its Technician ability seems kind of like a waste. Also, I know that King's Shield won't protect Smeargle from status moves, but its added effect of reducing an opponent's Attack stat when being hit by physical moves is worth it
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 7th November 2013 at 1:53 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by chap196 View Post
    For Aegislash
    Replace Iron Head with Sword Dance, even if it is STAB, Sword Dance can make moves a lot more stronger and Fighting/Ghost Type coverages will at least attack every Pokemon with a normal damage. If this was for Double Battle, I would prefer Shadow Claw more as using Shadow Sneak will cause it to go to the Attack Form and the second Pokemon that didn't get attack by Aegislash can OHKO it easily, if you want to use it for Single then keep Shadow Sneak to sweep your opponent team. If this was competitive, use Lum Berry instead as Will-O-Wisp can completely ruin Aegislash combo.

For Greninja
    I might go for Surf instead of Hydro Pump in Double Battle to hit all opponent and your ally can use Protect to protect it from Surf. The other option for Hydro Pump is Scald, but it is 1.5 times less stronger than Hydro Pump.

And where did you find Flying Gem?

Hope this help
    Haven't found a Flying Gem, I'm wondering if it's true that you can get elemental gem's from smashing rocks.
    Went on Pokemon Showdown to test things out(Really hate the rule set's made my Smogon) had to change some things just to play since they don't have VGC style for X/Y yet.
    Now that I'm thinking about it Shadow Claw would probably be better considering Shadow Sneak has the priority but will make Aegislash wide open being in Blade Form. I could mess around with Iron Head and Swords Dance on Pokemon Showdown and see which one would work better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post

My biggest suggestion is that you either teach Crobat or Gengar a Poison type move (ex- Cross Poison or Poison Fang for Crobat, or Sludge Bomb for Gengar). From the online battle videos I've seen so far, a lot of people are using Fairy types on their team (usually either Sylveon, Azumarill, or Xerneas) and, while Aegislash's Iron Head would be Super Effective on Fairy types, I do agree with chap196's comment about replacing it with Swords Dance, so you may want some coverage in case someone throws a Fairy type to take out Garchomp.

Also, kudos on having your Garchomp having Dual Chomp, since the Outrage strategy has been done to death by trainers with Dragon types. Since Mega Garchomp will be slower, you could try bulking up its defense through Super Training so that it can take on strong attacks even in its regular form
    Zyon, if you're reading this, please click the spoiler above to see my comments on your team
    I'm giving Crobat Cross Poison, but sorta sucks that Tailwind is only learned by a Move tutor.
    I've done the Outrage thing on Garchomp before just for kicks, but I wouldn't risk doing it in Doubles especially now in Gen 6. I was thinking of using Dragon Claw but after looking at Dual Chop I knew that was a good move to use instead.

I was thinking about using Klefki as my supporter instead. With this move set.
    Klefki[Support/Annoyer] @ Light Clay
    Ability: Prankster
    EV's: 220 Hp/ 220 Def/ 64 Sp.Def
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    -Thunder Wave
    -Spikes/Foul Play
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Thinking of removing Blaziken (too easy with him)

Lucario
    Greninja
    Charizard
    Tyranutrum
    Heliolisk

Suggestions for final slot?

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr View Post
    Thinking of removing Blaziken (too easy with him)

Lucario
    Greninja
    Charizard
    Tyranutrum
    Heliolisk

Suggestions for final slot?
    Gengar?
    Nice moveset, good stats.
    Nothing wrong with it ^^

also it eats fairies.
    That is why it also is poison type

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I don't have any competitive teams, just trying to raise these hated eggs first.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

My team as of so far in my Pokemon Y game is:
    • Shiny Ampharos
    • Politoed
    • Pidgeot
    • Banette
    • Mightyena ( I'm actually trying to get one, I don't have it yet )
    • Glaceon

I should add some info, but I'll do that later. I currently don't have my 3DS right now. Any suggestions? This team works well for me, and I have most weaknesses covered, move-wise.
    My Team:

MY 3DS FRIEND CODE IS:
    1418-7209-6332

PM me your friend code, so I can add you too!

Im going to run a single type competitive team for lols and I think Ive decided on fairy. So far I already have:

Gardevoir-gardevoirite
    Synchronize
    Shadow ball
    Psychic
    Dazzling gleam
    Focus blast

Azumarill-(havent decided item yet)
    Huge power
    Play rough
    Aqua jet
    Belly drum
    Superpower

Dont have one yet but: Carbink(leftovers or light clay)
    Sturdy
    Stealth rocks
    Reflect
    Light screen
    Not sure about 4th slot

Then for the other 3 fairies I have no idea. I might give Gardevoir a life orb and run mawile as my mega but other than that Ive got no idea what else to use.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Im also open to other single type teams if you think you have something fun.

So I found that my in-game team covered each other type-wise pretty well, and I think if I did EVs and IVs correctly it could be a fun wifi team. Not for super competitive fights, just for fun against friends. Here's what I'm planning, I'd love some input.

Venusaur - Venusaurite
    Bold/Calm/Timid/Modest
    Thick Fat (in Mega)
    EVs dependant
    - Giga Drain
    - Toxic
    - Venoshock
    - Earthquake/Protect

I can't decide if Mega Venusaur has the staying power to be a stall tank or not. I'm leaning towards putting Protect on him over Earthquake, but if I do an even split of Def/SpecDef EVs I think he could withstand a Fire attack to reply with Earthquake, then Giga Drain health back. The other option would be replacing Toxic with Sunny Day, Venoshock with Sludge Bomb and EQ/Protect with Synthesis... but then I lose Toxic entirely. And his Special Attack is nice enough I dislike the idea of forcing him to be a pure Toxic staller. Not going to bother hunting down a HA Ivysaur since he'll never use it anyway.

Greninja - ???
    Modest
    Protean
    252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
    -Scald
    -Dark Pulse
    -Extrasensory
    -Haze/Toxic Spikes/Ice Beam

I've thought of leading with Greninja and having him toss out Toxic Spikes to allow an open slot on Venusaur, but I love that he learns Haze. It'd be nice to have a decently fast Hazer to shut down any stat-altering teams, and the fact that he can change his typing each turn means I can give him a little more breathing room to do just that. Turn Water to avoid Bugs and Fairies, and Psychic to avoid Fighters. Of course, I could always make him a pure special sweeper and give him Choice or the super-effective boosting belt.

Dedenne - Chesto Berry/?
    Cheek Pouch/Pick-Up?
    252 Spd / 252 SpAtk / 6 Atk
    -Thunder/Thunderbolt
    -Play Rough
    -Double Team/Entrainment/?
    -Rest/?

Dedenne is definitely the weakest link on my team. The fact the ONLY Fairy move it learns is a mediocre physical move just blows my mind. If it can learn Flash, why not Dazzling Gleam!? And it doesn't look like it can be a Baton Passer either, though with the speed it could pull it off. If I were to swap anyone out, it'd be Dedenne, despite how adorably awesome it is. It's just that limited. =( Anyway, the idea I had was either Cheek Pouch + Double Team + Rest (though Cheek Pouch is kinda pointless at that point, really) then attack from behind the evasion, or... Entrainment annoying. And just tossing the leftover EVs into Attack because at least there it might help a tiny bit. I don't expect any extra HP to save it from a OHKO.

Talonflame - No Item/Leftovers/Shell Bell?
    Gale Wings
    252 Spd / 252 Atk / 6 HP
    -Flare Blitz
    -Acrobatics/Brave Bird
    -Steel Wing
    -Roost

I found that no item + Acrobatics worked very well against the E4, even with a neutral nature and terrible IVs. (I've since checked, my poor bird.) I would probably prefer to go that way, especially with Gale Wings. 110 STAB priority move isn't bad! (If I'm reading Acrobatics right.) Steel Wing for some type coverage, Roost to restore HP. Pretty straight-forward.

Furfrou - ?
    Fur Coat
    252 Atk / 252 Def / 6 Spd OR 252 Def / 252 SpDef / 6 HP
    -Wild Charge/Surf/Toxic
    -Sucker Punch/Rest
    -Giga Impact/Take Down/Snore
    -Cotton Guard

In my play-through I had Furfrou as a tanky physical attacker, taking advantage of Fur Coat and a beneficial Defensive nature. Of course then I found out her Defense IVs stunk! :P I think there's a real possibility of a wall here, Toxic + Resting and using Snore as the attack. Cotton Guard to make it even more of a wall. If I go less defensive, I'd add in Wild Charge or even Surf for the surprise factor. Even though Surf wouldn't hit that hard, it'd make Rock/Ground types think twice about staying in against it.

Tyrantrum - ?
    Strong Jaw
    252 Atk / 252 HP / 6 Spd
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Head Smash/Elemental Fang
    -Crunch
    -Dragon Fang/Draco Meteor

Tyrantrum was a physical sweeper. I had Dragon Fang and used Rock Tomb as my Rock move, but I know Tomb probably isn't strong enough against other people (as opposed to NPCs). I just liked the no recoil and high accuracy. So either I would give him a stronger Rock-type move, or one of the Elemental fangs, most likely Thunder Fang. Then it's really a toss-up between Dragon Fang and Draco Meteor - the first has more staying power and I think gets a boost from Strong Jaw, but I think the latter hits harder. And since I can't figure out how I'd get his HA, I'm just assuming all I'll have available is Strong Jaw.

So there's the team, please be gentle as it's my first attempt this gen and I'm adapting my 'original' team.
    X Champions: Peeko (Dedenne) ~ Maizee (Furfrou) ~ Loki (Talonflame) ~ Chomper (Tyrantrum) ~ Frodo (Greninja) ~ Sprout (Mega Venusaur)

Currently Working On: Rebreeding Champ team for competetive battles

Friend Code: 5069-4013-2074
    Friend Safari: [Fighting] Machoke, Sawk(?), Tyrogue

My in-game team and my online battle team are the same:

Greninja (lax nature, expert belt): hydro pump, night slash, acrobatics, ice beam // role: special sweeper

Gardevoir (bashful nature, quick claw): pyschic, moon blast, reflect, light screen: // role: support

Charizard (relaxed nature, mega stone): fly, dragon claw, heat wave, earthquake // role: physical sweeper

Heliolisk (lax nature, zap plate/sash): thunderbolt, thunder wave, protect, surf // role: lead

Lucario (hasty nature, mega stone): aura sphere, flash cannon, extremespeed, stone edge // role: ace

Gourgeist (naive nature, leftovers): shadow sneak, trick or treat, confuse ray, leech seed // role: annoyer/defensive tank
    Last edited by Icegaze; 8th November 2013 at 4:56 PM.
    Planned X Team

Friend code: 0533 - 5418 - 8763

I plan on doing another run through on Y with this team:

Chesnaught, Talonflame, Barbaracle, Goodra, Avalugg, (Undecided.)

For the last spot I was thinking of Heliolisk but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Has everyone nicknamed their Pokemon? I usually do, but didn't during my playthrough. I was considering it now that I'm building teams for wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthelei View Post
    Venusaur - Venusaurite
    Bold/Calm/Timid/Modest
    Thick Fat (in Mega)
    EVs dependant
    - Giga Drain
    - Toxic
    - Venoshock
    - Earthquake/Protect

I can't decide if Mega Venusaur has the staying power to be a stall tank or not. I'm leaning towards putting Protect on him over Earthquake, but if I do an even split of Def/SpecDef EVs I think he could withstand a Fire attack to reply with Earthquake, then Giga Drain health back. The other option would be replacing Toxic with Sunny Day, Venoshock with Sludge Bomb and EQ/Protect with Synthesis... but then I lose Toxic entirely. And his Special Attack is nice enough I dislike the idea of forcing him to be a pure Toxic staller. Not going to bother hunting down a HA Ivysaur since he'll never use it anyway.
    Venusaur has a very respectable bulk, especially as a Mega. 123/120 is nothing to scoff at. Thick Fat would also nullify the Fire and Ice weakness so it will only be taking effective damage from Flying and Psychic attacks. I believe Mega Venusaur should be running a SubSeed set, with Giga Drain, Substitute, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder. Nature and EV investments should be tailored to making it as bulky as possible.
    Greninja - ???
    Modest
    Protean
    252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
    -Scald
    -Dark Pulse
    -Extrasensory
    -Haze/Toxic Spikes/Ice Beam

I've thought of leading with Greninja and having him toss out Toxic Spikes to allow an open slot on Venusaur, but I love that he learns Haze. It'd be nice to have a decently fast Hazer to shut down any stat-altering teams, and the fact that he can change his typing each turn means I can give him a little more breathing room to do just that. Turn Water to avoid Bugs and Fairies, and Psychic to avoid Fighters. Of course, I could always make him a pure special sweeper and give him Choice or the super-effective boosting belt.
    For an In-game team Modest is good. For online and mayonnaise though, 125 on neutral can still be outrun, like that Machamp on Choice Scarf. Hasty and Naive will work, but I prefer Timid as Greninja can work with mind games and Protean transform into something he knows he can't one hit, and transform into something resisted.

Ice Beam will be needed for the usual Dragons and Flyers, and you may also consider Grass Knot to go against other Water types as well as to "resist" incoming Thunderbolts and then go for a next turn KO with a STAB attack.

Dedenne - Chesto Berry/?
    Cheek Pouch/Pick-Up?
    252 Spd / 252 SpAtk / 6 Atk
    -Thunder/Thunderbolt
    -Play Rough
    -Double Team/Entrainment/?
    -Rest/?

Dedenne is definitely the weakest link on my team. The fact the ONLY Fairy move it learns is a mediocre physical move just blows my mind. If it can learn Flash, why not Dazzling Gleam!? And it doesn't look like it can be a Baton Passer either, though with the speed it could pull it off. If I were to swap anyone out, it'd be Dedenne, despite how adorably awesome it is. It's just that limited. =( Anyway, the idea I had was either Cheek Pouch + Double Team + Rest (though Cheek Pouch is kinda pointless at that point, really) then attack from behind the evasion, or... Entrainment annoying. And just tossing the leftover EVs into Attack because at least there it might help a tiny bit. I don't expect any extra HP to save it from a OHKO.
    ...Yeah it will be hard to work on this one. Best you can do is to give it a Thunder Wave or Nuzzle in hopes that it will Paralyze the enemy on the first turn and hope you'll keep evading attacks with Double Team. Might as well give it a Kee or a Maranga, hope that it'll live and heal and get a defense boost. Or better just keep it as a Pickup-mon; you'll need it to get 80+ to start finding Leftovers anyway.

Talonflame - No Item/Leftovers/Shell Bell?
    Gale Wings
    252 Spd / 252 Atk / 6 HP
    -Flare Blitz
    -Acrobatics/Brave Bird
    -Steel Wing
    -Roost

I found that no item + Acrobatics worked very well against the E4, even with a neutral nature and terrible IVs. (I've since checked, my poor bird.) I would probably prefer to go that way, especially with Gale Wings. 110 STAB priority move isn't bad! (If I'm reading Acrobatics right.) Steel Wing for some type coverage, Roost to restore HP. Pretty straight-forward.
    I have the same idea with you on the Acrobatics set. Try it out if it's enough to OHKO. Talonflame's Attack is pretty subpar though, and the additional damage of Brave Bird + Item Boost may make the difference for that OHKO. If you do go Brave Bird, Sky Plate or Sharp Beak may be the better item for the boost, as it doesn't do recoil like Life Orb, which might give you another turn of Brave Bird.

Shell Bell might be another consideration for heals, to help mitigate some of the recoil damage.

Tyrantrum - ?
    Strong Jaw
    252 Atk / 252 HP / 6 Spd
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Head Smash/Elemental Fang
    -Crunch
    -Dragon Fang/Draco Meteor

Tyrantrum was a physical sweeper. I had Dragon Fang and used Rock Tomb as my Rock move, but I know Tomb probably isn't strong enough against other people (as opposed to NPCs). I just liked the no recoil and high accuracy. So either I would give him a stronger Rock-type move, or one of the Elemental fangs, most likely Thunder Fang. Then it's really a toss-up between Dragon Fang and Draco Meteor - the first has more staying power and I think gets a boost from Strong Jaw, but I think the latter hits harder. And since I can't figure out how I'd get his HA, I'm just assuming all I'll have available is Strong Jaw.
    His Sp Attack's really shameful for Draco Meteor. On the plus side the Sp Attack reduction's not going to do much, on the (very) negative side I doubt it's going to do much on your first move anyway. Go with Dragon Fang, as the ability and his gargantuan attack will make it hit harder.

Rock Slide is the move of choice if you don't want Stone Edge's dodgy hit, and as neither gets no benefit from the ability, it's really a toss up on your preference. You might also want to consider Rock Polish, as it can turn Rum's abysmal speed to something usable.

The only thing I have no idea is with your Furfrou. Good luck with that one.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    Has everyone nicknamed their Pokemon? I usually do, but didn't during my playthrough. I was considering it now that I'm building teams for wifi.
    I usually don't, but I did this time. I let my mom name my Greninja, since she loves frogs - and she decided on Frodo. o.O Maizee (Furfrou) is named after our late Irish Wolfhound. Peeko (Dedenne) is named after one of my late pet rats. Sprout is ALWAYS what I name a male Bulbasaur that I'm going to use, all the way from Pokemon Yellow. Loki (Talonflame) is named after the fire god, of course! And Chomper is named after the baby t-rex in the Little Bigfoot movie. I was kinda surprised half way through the game when I was just automatically naming random Pokemon I caught for the Pokedex! Though Mom came up with an awesome Ditto name: ".-."

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    Venusaur has a very respectable bulk, especially as a Mega. 123/120 is nothing to scoff at. Thick Fat would also nullify the Fire and Ice weakness so it will only be taking effective damage from Flying and Psychic attacks. I believe Mega Venusaur should be running a SubSeed set, with Giga Drain, Substitute, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder. Nature and EV investments should be tailored to making it as bulky as possible.

I'd considered a SubSeed setup, but Substitute's left a bitter taste in my mouth from the RBY days. I'm just now getting over my aversion to recoil attacks! My only major concern with a SubSeed on this team is my STAB anti-Fairy is gone. I've used Venusaur to tank Fairies in the past, and having a Poison move makes it goes much much faster.

For an In-game team Modest is good. For online and mayonnaise though, 125 on neutral can still be outrun, like that Machamp on Choice Scarf. Hasty and Naive will work, but I prefer Timid as Greninja can work with mind games and Protean transform into something he knows he can't one hit, and transform into something resisted.

Ice Beam will be needed for the usual Dragons and Flyers, and you may also consider Grass Knot to go against other Water types as well as to "resist" incoming Thunderbolts and then go for a next turn KO with a STAB attack.

I was wondering about speed. I would probably go Timid, he won't be using his Attack stat at all and it's not that hard to get a Timid nature consistently. As for Grass Knot... Heck, what do I drop then? Lol! I like having Extrasensory on him because it lets him 'resist' Fighting attacks, and then fight back with STAB. Since it's only Grass Knot and not Energy Ball, it's something I'd have to think about hard before deciding to go with it.

...Yeah it will be hard to work on this one. Best you can do is to give it a Thunder Wave or Nuzzle in hopes that it will Paralyze the enemy on the first turn and hope you'll keep evading attacks with Double Team. Might as well give it a Kee or a Maranga, hope that it'll live and heal and get a defense boost. Or better just keep it as a Pickup-mon; you'll need it to get 80+ to start finding Leftovers anyway.

*sigh* I know, I know. I might just make it a gimmicky annoyer. Nuzzle (might as well get some damage with my paralysis), Entrainment, Play Rough and T-bolt. Two STABs should I get to use them, two annoyers. And yes, I'd go with Pick-up then because it's utterly useless in battle.

I have the same idea with you on the Acrobatics set. Try it out if it's enough to OHKO. Talonflame's Attack is pretty subpar though, and the additional damage of Brave Bird + Item Boost may make the difference for that OHKO. If you do go Brave Bird, Sky Plate or Sharp Beak may be the better item for the boost, as it doesn't do recoil like Life Orb, which might give you another turn of Brave Bird.

Shell Bell might be another consideration for heals, to help mitigate some of the recoil damage.

Currently, my game-team's Talonflame has Fly and King's Rock and it's working out well in the Battle Maison. And like I said, my poor bird has some pretty crummy IVs behind his EVs. So I think Acrobatics would work fine, and it's less recoil/self damage that way. If I don't get hit with something super effective, I could probably get two Flare Blitzes off in a suicide run. If I do go with Brave Bird, it HAS to be a Shell Bell. Nothing else makes sense to me.

His Sp Attack's really shameful for Draco Meteor. On the plus side the Sp Attack reduction's not going to do much, on the (very) negative side I doubt it's going to do much on your first move anyway. Go with Dragon Fang, as the ability and his gargantuan attack will make it hit harder.

Rock Slide is the move of choice if you don't want Stone Edge's dodgy hit, and as neither gets no benefit from the ability, it's really a toss up on your preference. You might also want to consider Rock Polish, as it can turn Rum's abysmal speed to something usable.

Yeah, only reason I'd go with Draco Meteor is the reduction sure won't hurt anything. And I'll stick with Rock Slide, I've found over the years the RNG gods hate me, so I try to not give them many chances to make me miss. :P That, and I don't see him lasting long enough against a special attacker to make Rock Polish worthwhile. By the time he's fast enough, he'll be almost dead.

The only thing I have no idea is with your Furfrou. Good luck with that one.
    X Champions: Peeko (Dedenne) ~ Maizee (Furfrou) ~ Loki (Talonflame) ~ Chomper (Tyrantrum) ~ Frodo (Greninja) ~ Sprout (Mega Venusaur)

Currently Working On: Rebreeding Champ team for competetive battles

Friend Code: 5069-4013-2074
    Friend Safari: [Fighting] Machoke, Sawk(?), Tyrogue

If you are concerned with Fairies, you can use your Talonflame. He might not hit for Super Effective, but he will be able to resist their moves. Especially if you're foregoing Brave Bird, which means you're allowed to tank their attacks somewhat.

As for Greninja, well I really haven't found much use for a Dark attack. Most Ghosts and Psychics are soft enough to fall to any of his STAB attacks at neutral. If ever I do come across a bulky Psychic, I do an Extrasensory which will turn me into a Psychic and reduce their STAB Psychic. You will do less damage of course, but hopefully that will be enough for a KO with a different STAB attack on the next turn. So mostly I ditched the Dark attack because of it's lack of important coverage and lack of important resistances, and with all the Fighting attacks flying around.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I need help choosing a 6th pokemon. Im going for a mono-flying type party. Im not done completely so im just gonna put the moves and pokemon. So far i have
    Ninjask
    Moves:
    -Protect
    -Agility
    -Swords Dance
    - Baton Pass

Aerodactyl ( With Mega stone )
    Moves
    - Fire Fang
    - Fly
    - Iron Head
    - Giga Impact

Noivern
    Moves
    - Boomburst
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hurricane

Talonflame
    Moves
    - Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - Roost
    - Tailwind

Dragonite
    Moves
    - D Dance
    - Outrage
    - Extremespeed
    - Iron Tail

I dont know who to put as my final flying type.
    On punishment wont be on till off, sorry!!!!
    FC: 3179-7235-3277. FS: Poison. Pokemon In Fs:Kakuna, Swalot and Whirlipede
    I've claimed the blaring Noivern.
    Looking For: Pinsir, Nuzleaf, Vullaby, Pachirisu, Clefairy, Mankey, Throh, Sawk,, Rufflet, Sawsbuck, Toxicroak, and Munna,

Looking For a League to Join. Please pm if you are looking for leaders

Poison Heal Gliscor forces a lot of forfeits and ragequits in online battles by my experience. It also gives you an Electric absorber and frees up another item slot in your party, as I doubt anybody else in the team will hold a Toxic Orb.

If anything happens to Noivern you are going to be hurting in the SpAt department so Id reccomend a Togekiss or something

I do have both Gliscor an dTogekiss but my Gliscor is poison heal, I could use one of those and I just dont know who to switch if i put Togekiss
    On punishment wont be on till off, sorry!!!!
    FC: 3179-7235-3277. FS: Poison. Pokemon In Fs:Kakuna, Swalot and Whirlipede
    I've claimed the blaring Noivern.
    Looking For: Pinsir, Nuzleaf, Vullaby, Pachirisu, Clefairy, Mankey, Throh, Sawk,, Rufflet, Sawsbuck, Toxicroak, and Munna,

Looking For a League to Join. Please pm if you are looking for leaders

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtDeViL609 View Post
    I do have both Gliscor an dTogekiss but my Gliscor is poison heal, I could use one of those and I just dont know who to switch if i put Togekiss
    How do you have Togekiss? There's no way to get one at this point in time.

Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast